Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 2, 2016 2:45 PM

Jul 2015
glamazon said:
I'm really satisfied with this season tbh I'm glad they improved so much compared to crystal

This.

I honestly think this is better than Sailor Moon S, and I think Sailor Moon S was a 10/10 season and probably my favourite of the originals. I wish I could give this 11/10 (also loved that they closed it on the first ending theme of this season, seeing as that ending theme was one of the top 3 best ending themes ever tacked on to the end of an episode of Sailor Moon, old or new, and def the best of Crystal so far).
Jul 2, 2016 11:31 PM

Feb 2013
Good series!! The animation was vastly improved!!! I didn't think the animation was too bad in the first season, but man did they improve it tremendously. Overall I still enjoyed it about the same as the previous season so I'm giving it the same rating.

7/10
Jul 3, 2016 12:08 AM

Jul 2008
Much better than the last 2 seasons and if they make a season 4 I'm not looking forward to it, because I HATED Super S.
Jul 4, 2016 3:34 PM
Apr 2015
@WolfWood37

The manga version that SuperS adapted poorly is actually REALLY good, far superior, I'm sure it'll be better.

This season, whilst it is flawed and I don't think it's as great as S, it definitely is a step forward in the right direction.
Jul 5, 2016 12:27 PM
Apr 2009
elior1 said:
Johnny_B said:
I've looked forward to season 4 yet!
with that big cliffhanger ending i sure there will be season 4

They'd better adapt the Dream Arc 'cause that was an awesome cliffhanger. When I saw that eclipse I was like "Ah yeah. The next arc." I just hope the Outer Guardians appeared in the original manga's version of said arc, 'cause honestly, the 90's version lost its balls (to me) in their absence til Sailor Stars. Don't get me wrong, it still had some fun moments, but it kinda lost its edge and badassery w/o the Outers.
Jul 5, 2016 12:30 PM
Apr 2009
DmonHiro said:
They'd better make season 4, considering how butchered the original anime version of the next arc was. Serioulsy... what was TOEI thinking?

Hey I know you. You're that cool guy I see in the ANN threads.
Jul 5, 2016 8:29 PM

Oct 2008
Sailor Saturn plan was for her to sacrifice herself so that she could save the planet earth.
Super Sailor Moon tranced into Neo Queen Serenity (Messiah per Mamoru) and used a goldlike power to restore the collateral damaged surroundings and blgds.
Sailor Saturn reincarnated to a baby is also a good sign.
For sure something will happened on the Solar Eclipse scene and a cliffhanger!
Waiting for S4 (vol.7)
5/5.
8/10 - because of the great OST they used...

Jul 5, 2016 9:30 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
You know, this was such an improvement from the first season(s); everything came off as a lot less stiff and more engaging-- at first at least. Near the last episodes though, we didn't really have a chance to breathe; it was always something after something. Sometimes it's really just best to stop and let your audience take in what's going on. Allowing your characters to relax and derp around sometimes can really help (as long as it isn't randomly different in tone from the rest of the anime). The derping around moments in this season are kinda more like, "Guys something's going on. Doesn't this thing related to what might be going on seem soooo coool?!?! Oh okay, something's going on." It's hard with the limits you have in your animation budget to allow everything to pause and let it steadily build up, for sure, but when it's not there, you do notice. Sometimes it's like you can't win, and that sucks for sure. Still, it was such an improvement that I can't help but not even want to "complain", but ya gotta. Now I kinda see how my boss feels; they see you're improving but you still have to point out those flaws.
Even the OP and ED's were better, dang. Only song I didn't care too much for was Tuxedo Kamen's ED.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 7, 2016 2:40 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
That was really well done for season three. If the future arcs are like this, It'll be be a great ride from here on out. 8/10

Jul 9, 2016 11:19 PM

Jan 2011
Improvement over the first season, but had some of the same problems.
Jul 13, 2016 2:50 PM

Apr 2013
Don't know about the original series or the manga, but compared to the first two seasons this was a major improvement which I'm really glad I have watched!
Jul 20, 2016 8:14 AM

May 2010
It started out real good, but they couldn't improve mangaka's terrible writing I guess. The main villain was so boring and unimaginative, ugh... I couldn't bring myself to watch a few last episodes.
Another thing is that this series felt a bit too short. I know it followed original material closely, sure, but I'd prefer to have a few "filler" episodes, to develop characters and their bonds (like Hotaru's and Chibiusa's friendship or Haruka's and Michiru's love). In that area first SM anime wins imo.

Well, at least 2/3 of the series were pretty good and enjoyable, had a few laughs, loved the adorable artstyle and chara-designs. Music wasn't the best but a little bit better. Opening, especially Etsuko's version was amazing, one of my new favourite SM songs. Endings were also not that bad, even that Chibiusa's song, I came to like it after a while. Eternal Eternity is especially good, reminds me of j-pop from the 90'.

I'm glad I got to watch this series, and see new Haruka and Michiru. But I'm also angry that first season didn't look like that :( Now I can only pray that they will also adapt the next arc the same way, after the last scene my hopes are really high.
Jul 31, 2016 3:40 PM

Feb 2013
At least they used the good ED again.

I watched and finished for one reason: Sailor Saturn
Everything else was just laughably pathetic.
Characterization: awful
Pacing: awful
Buildup: awful
Ok, I guess the soundtrack was decent.

The end had some charm because we actually got to see the girls' personalities. This is exactly why this version feels so empty compared to classic.

3/10, and that's being generous because I actually finished it, which I only did because I'm a fan of classic.
Aug 6, 2016 2:45 AM

Jun 2010
Agh after these last 3 eps I don’t know how to rate this season anymore. the start was like 6/10, the ending is closer to 8/10, what to do Lol
Sep 24, 2016 7:43 AM

Apr 2009
I wonder if Takeuchi was happy with how this season turned out ._. ...
i wonder what her thoughts was about the previous two...

and here's me hoping for a 4th season with Fish-eyes and Helios/Pegasus ^.^-!!!
-...i haven't read the manga so i don't know if my favorite gay guy is canon or not T_T'

and here's even more hoping it won't be kinda-of-awful as the first two seasons of crystal ^.^-!

time to continue sindbad or precure~....
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Nov 2, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2014
No battle between the Sailor Scouts unlike in S, but it's all good. I'm glad with how everything worked out, especially with Saturn being reborn! Hooray for a happy ending!...until that crazy circus comes...

Very happy with how this remake turned out! Much better than the 1st Crystal, and maybe even better than S (and S was already awesome)! Easy 9 or 10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2016 7:17 PM

Aug 2014
Etsuko <3
Pretty cool that they added Sailor Saturn in the opening, standing alongside the other Sailor Guardians.

I was very skeptical at first but I can say with confidence that this season completely shitted on the previous one in every way possible. Better art/animation, better music, the characters have personalities now, Chibiusa is finally likable etc...My only gripe that it still suffers from the same issues (villain of the week, the pacing etc..) but that's mostly comes from the manga, so there's not much you can do about that. Overall cheers to the director for salvaging what would had been a trainwreck in the long run.

Shit, I might even raised the score for the previous seaosn since I loved this so much lol.
Bring on season 4!
7/10
KashKetchumDec 9, 2016 7:32 PM
Jul 4, 2019 9:56 AM
Jan 2017
Meh I think this was better than the last couple seasons the way the handled the characters's personalities but I still think the story was so/so the visuals are AMAZING though. 8/10
Mar 2, 2020 6:51 PM

Dec 2008
Calm episode when compared to the previous. Overall great series, much more enjoyable than the first two seasons of Crystal. I hope the upcoming Eternal movies as as good quality.
Oct 13, 2022 8:05 PM
Jan 2022
omgomgomgomggomgogmg
Feb 27, 2023 10:51 AM
Jun 2014
Still feel sentimental for first anime, but i still liked the new one too.
Jan 4, 8:40 PM
Jan 2018
This might be the most brutal cliffhanger ending I have ever seen in anime. It really is a marvel. Fortunately enough time has passed that it's fairly easy to finish the story in movie form.

This is a 7/10 anime for me. The Naruto music was nice, but I wish they did something else. I skipped the OP, the first ED, and all the transformations sequences because they were so disappointing to me. It's a strange situation I find myself in, where I prefer a perversion of the original source material over the manga faithful adaption.

I'm not even using nostalgia here because I watched Sailor Moon S and this anime back to back.

There were some things I appreciated about this adaption. The no nonsense killing was much appreciated, along with the Senshi and the Deathbusters being competent. Most of the story made a tiny bit more sense and I liked the second ED more than Tuxedo Mirage. I liked it even without the OST worming the ED into my brain with musical remixes like the OG Sailor Moon S. The Usagi burns in episode 13 were also pretty great. Possibly better insults than I've seen in any other Sailor Moon property.

In the end this anime was nice. But Sailor Moon S was cool and I like cool a lot more than nice. It's a shame the mangaka couldn't have her manga done justice even after all this time. But this was an ok attempt I guess.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2016

103 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Feb 18, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2016

49 by Netbug »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2016

39 by STJohn_Smith »»
Feb 23, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

53 by cristal_14 »»
Dec 26, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2016

40 by Miwey »»
Dec 9, 2022 10:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.