Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2016 3:58 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Sei is a likable character I guess, a bit too enthusiastic about light novels though.

Meanwhile, there's not too much to going on in this series except for the character interactions. It gave more a less melancholic feel compared to series like Book Girl. But at the same time, I kinda like the comedy of it. Seems there's only 7 chapters so I guess one volume will cover the whole story.
Jun 21, 2016 3:31 AM

Nov 2012
I enjoy the first chapter. It only has one volume, so I hope the novel end with a definite ending. Don't want my heart to be trolled like Gekkou again :(
Jun 25, 2016 8:53 PM

Nov 2012
2nd chapter is up. Hiyuki is warming up to Ao. She's too cute though
Jul 29, 2016 5:18 AM

Dec 2012
Haha, the way the author described Hiyuki with her mole, felt really charming. i felt chapter 6 dragged a bit but an enjoyable light novel overall.
Tha_NaJul 30, 2016 2:03 AM

Jun 15, 2019 7:29 AM
Aug 2014
It was a very good read. It was far from perfect but really displayed what makes romantic light novels enjoyable. It was sweet and quick to the point for the most part. I gained some insight into constructing light novels and while the grandmother's actions felt a bit unrealistic, in a broader sense, they were comprehensible.

The side characters stood out to me. I liked the few that existed not only because they felt realistic and provided aid to the main characters, but because I got to relate to some of them and understand their perspective. Grandmother and Uncle are the two I enjoyed the most. It was short and a very good read!

A big thanks to Mizuki Nomura for not only Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro, but also this. And Skythewood for the translation!
Feb 23, 2021 11:18 AM

Jul 2017
Not bad. Maybe a bit too simplistic given that the main character, Ao, was pretty one-dimensional as a whole and the payoff for Hiyuki finally getting past the first round in the epilogue to be a little underwhelming, could have used more on the relationship aspect to see how much both have grown to be together over time. I did enjoy Ao's passion for light novels and the descriptive sentences and tips used to assist Hiyuki as much as possible while not spoonfeeding her everything and just do the work for her. It's still her work, her passion, her vision in the story, with the backbone and structure aligned and proofread by him. He wasn't even biased with reviewing her story since that'd be a disservice to both of them so that was cool. I do wish the story could have been longer to explore the characters a lot more, and development more too since there is a bland feel to it. But it wasn't too boring either. Probably a 5-6/10 work.

More topics from this board

» Heads up before reading (no spoilers!)

GiantQAACSleier - Jun 15, 2019

0 by GiantQAACSleier »»
Jun 15, 2019 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.