Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 11, 2016 10:18 PM
Apr 2016
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has heard anything about a new season of madan no ou to vanadis personally i absolutely f**king love this anime the battles the adult humor the romance and the combat please answer my question please thanks in advance
Jun 11, 2016 10:23 PM

Mar 2015
the possibility is very low... go read original source...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 11, 2016 10:25 PM

Aug 2013
There hasn't been any announcement of a season 2 in the works as yet.
Jun 11, 2016 10:26 PM

Jun 2015
Eh? It was horribly rushed, the odds are almost 0 since they clearly wasn't thinking of continuing it based on how they adapted the source.
Jun 11, 2016 10:33 PM

Jul 2012
Granted Satelight has only posted their upcoming works up through the fall season, which would coincide with 2 years after the anime airing, chances aren't good. But based on their track record it got fairly moderate sales, so who's to say.
But as of now no news.
Jun 11, 2016 10:45 PM

May 2016
It was a rush adaption, I think the possibility is low.
Jun 12, 2016 7:46 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Madan no Ou to Vanadis board.
Jun 12, 2016 8:05 AM

Dec 2015
Compared to many other fantasy + harem + action mix anime this was one of the best. (Good pacing. Good music and nice characters and action.) Sad that it probably won't get another season.

Even Asterisk (which is good but still not as good as Madan no Ou) got a 2nd season/cour.
Aug 24, 2016 4:00 AM

Nov 2014
Luthandorius said:
Compared to many other fantasy + harem + action mix anime this was one of the best. (Good pacing. Good music and nice characters and action.) Sad that it probably won't get another season.

Even Asterisk (which is good but still not as good as Madan no Ou) got a 2nd season/cour.
Yes, I really like this one. After rewatching it today, it was just as good as I remembered, better then Asterisk as you have mentioned. Though, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the team behind Asterisk planned on making the 2nd season/cour even before it coming out.
Nov 10, 2016 7:56 PM
Dec 2015
BRB-kun said:
Eh? It was horribly rushed, the odds are almost 0 since they clearly wasn't thinking of continuing it based on how they adapted the source.

Idk Olga tamm one of the vanadis appeared in the opening and ending credits but not in the anime,and alot of the times that can indicate a sequel so im sure they were planning on a sequel
Nov 17, 2016 10:51 PM
Feb 2014
Siaster said:
BRB-kun said:

Idk Olga tamm one of the vanadis appeared in the opening and ending credits but not in the anime,and alot of the times that can indicate a sequel so im sure they were planning on a sequel

Might be waiting for more source material to do a second season, but looks like in anime sales that it did slightly above average so might not be coming.

However tbh I think this anime would turn into generic action harem #1665 for its second season for how the entire ending was setup. Don't read Manga so hopefully it doesn't if it comes out.
Nov 18, 2016 12:36 PM
Dec 2015
Sotoz said:
Siaster said:

Might be waiting for more source material to do a second season, but looks like in anime sales that it did slightly above average so might not be coming.

However tbh I think this anime would turn into generic action harem #1665 for its second season for how the entire ending was setup. Don't read Manga so hopefully it doesn't if it comes out.

Personally i hate when people talk shit about "generic harem" there will be a time when it will be literally impossible for an anime to not be generic. and im sorry but it is just about to that point. I along with the majority of people who watch this type of anime actually like the "generic harem" anime. the intellectuals who call for more original anime are going to ruin the industry because when studios and writers start to listen more anime will be filled with retarded shows ( like there isnt enough already)
Nov 18, 2016 12:56 PM

Mar 2016
Siaster said:
Sotoz said:

Personally i hate when people talk shit about "generic harem" there will be a time when it will be literally impossible for an anime to not be generic. and im sorry but it is just about to that point. I along with the majority of people who watch this type of anime actually like the "generic harem" anime. the intellectuals who call for more original anime are going to ruin the industry because when studios and writers start to listen more anime will be filled with retarded shows ( like there isnt enough already)

Regardless of the point you're trying to make , Some people are quick to judge things generic . Also generic doesn't really always equate to bad. The novel is really good (anime felt rushed though tbh here) . Despite it being a harem on the surface, the war maidens (vanadis) are distinguishable and have distinct personalities . Some like Olga, elen and sasha are actually like-able characters . The battles are also well laid out with good world building . I put the novel on hold though . Haven't gone back to it since spring .
Nov 18, 2016 1:00 PM
Feb 2014
Siaster said:
Sotoz said:

I'm sure the majority of people who watch anime love seeing shit turn into a Hentai with even worse plot.
Dec 11, 2016 3:59 AM
Jul 2015
Everything depends on sales in Japan. Many animes with good plots and story lines didn't get second season because of that. Otaku retards there simply like shitty anime or hentai plots. Lets wait if any good anime gets its second.
Black Bullet
Hataraku maou sama
kaze no stigma
madan no ou to vanadis
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo
No game no life
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
attack on titan
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
Overlord
Rokka no Yuusha
Danmachi
Juuou Mujin no Fafnir
Seiken tsuki no world break
Absolute Duo
and many more....
And this season all shitty anime got aired WTF......really disappointed with this fall season series,
Dec 11, 2016 4:00 AM
Jul 2015
Sotoz said:
Siaster said:

I'm sure the majority of people who watch anime love seeing shit turn into a Hentai with even worse plot.

I have read manga.....really awesome
Jan 15, 2017 6:09 PM

Jan 2015
adi_death said:
Everything depends on sales in Japan. Many animes with good plots and story lines didn't get second season because of that. Otaku retards there simply like shitty anime or hentai plots. Lets wait if any good anime gets its second.

kaze no stigma

And this season all shitty anime got aired WTF......really disappointed with this fall season series,

I may be wrong, but heard the author died for that one, so no second season unless it is made by other.
Don't come with fanboy talking. i am not a hater, I am a critic
Feb 9, 2017 11:37 AM

Jan 2015
adi_death said:
Black Bullet
Hataraku maou sama
kaze no stigma
madan no ou to vanadis
No game no life
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
attack on titan
Overlord
Rokka no Yuusha
Danmachi
Juuou Mujin no Fafnir
Absolute Duo
and many more....

I would argue, since hataraku and no game no life had AMAZING sales, yet they didn't get season2...
Feb 27, 2017 6:51 AM
Feb 2017
SkullProX said:
adi_death said:
Black Bullet
Hataraku maou sama
kaze no stigma
madan no ou to vanadis
No game no life
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
attack on titan
Overlord
Rokka no Yuusha
Danmachi
Juuou Mujin no Fafnir
Absolute Duo
and many more....

I would argue, since hataraku and no game no life had AMAZING sales, yet they didn't get season2...

Since you dont know no game no life has a movie announced so this is why they got no second season yet. So is Re:Zero too re:zero has not enought source material to make a second season but this is how animes work they only make animes to push the sales of the source material and make profit out of it. if a light novel or whatever jumps as Exempel from 20000 sales to 25000 sales after the anime they dont make a second season its all about the money 1 episode of an anime coasts around 80k usd so if you make a 12 episode long anime you almost need to pay 1Million usd
Feb 27, 2017 12:10 PM

Jan 2015
Passi_Dowayst said:
SkullProX said:

Since you dont know no game no life has a movie announced so this is why they got no second season yet. So is Re:Zero too re:zero has not enought source material to make a second season but this is how animes work they only make animes to push the sales of the source material and make profit out of it. if a light novel or whatever jumps as Exempel from 20000 sales to 25000 sales after the anime they dont make a second season its all about the money 1 episode of an anime coasts around 80k usd so if you make a 12 episode long anime you almost need to pay 1Million usd

Since you don't know hataraku easily made profit and also boosted the LN sales a lot so...
Feb 28, 2017 12:28 AM
Feb 2017
SkullProX said:
Passi_Dowayst said:

Since you don't know hataraku easily made profit and also boosted the LN sales a lot so...

Just saying that its the main reason. some animes that got tons of sales didnt got a second season because the Director dies or something else like tax evasion
Aug 31, 2017 2:16 AM

Aug 2013
well too bad I really enjoyed it. it's almost 3 years when they released this series and still no news or even a hint about another season guess I'm gonna go re-watched it and move on.
Sep 28, 2017 10:53 AM
Sep 2017
Hey now let's not lose hope here,i mean this the author Tsukasa Kawaguchi is ending or completing the light novel Madan no ou to Vanadis to vol18 this year.Im sure there are fans who like and watch the anime or manga,read the novel would love to see the anime or manga to make it to vol18,i mean making the anime to vol5 is incomplete and i really hope their make the anime to the end of the volume,now i know there are some people is going to disagree or be upset about what i said,about the anime ending was horrible or the sale of the novel or anime was not that good or not one liked the anime etc ,i would agree with what you said,the anime to me was kinda meh some part was good some part was bad but from volume 6 to 10 it started to get interesting,better than vol1 to 5,so i hope their can completed the anime for those who love the anime ,manga and novel.
Nov 12, 2018 3:54 AM
Nov 2018
I don't know anything about the detail of this so, I just came with maybe a dumb thinking that season 2 will release cause those loli war maiden did not have screen time in the season 1 :v
Oct 14, 2020 10:17 AM
Oct 2020
I hope so, it felt incomplete. There are some characters in the opening but not appeared in the series and the new war maiden in the episode 13 too make me think that they planned to make a 2nd season but cancelled, probably because of it's unpopularity.
Nov 23, 2020 12:03 PM
Mar 2018
If they ever do a sequel, then I hope they get enough money for some animations. Some fo the scenes were just looped background characters or a few still images "moving"...
Jul 17, 2021 2:31 AM
Jan 2021
tbh i don't expect any sequel for this series, so i reccomend you to read the light novel
Aug 16, 2021 7:26 PM
Aug 2021
Any new season info update ?
Nov 29, 2021 1:11 PM
Nov 2021
Damn good anime and no season 2 aaaa

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.