Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 29, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, the two sisters are strong and also works quite well as a team. The tag match is interesting considering that it's their debut and they are already making an impact.

Amazoness is a fresh sight to see, been awhile since I've seen that along with some classic machine theme cards this episode (Limit Removal for instance). A hell of a match. The sisters won but I'm not too surprised.
May 29, 2016 2:06 AM

Sep 2011
Next episode: Gon-chan & Sawatari combo job SO hard that they're not shown dueling almost at all. And Yuto is slowly going insane (okay, I think he is already insane) not to mention Shun is extremely triggered. And more RUM on a second glance, that's actually equip magic.

The sisters are so damn hot and not to mention such a good team as well. I kinda instantly guessed what the new Amazoness monsters' effects would be. This was another Arc-V duel filled with suffering with showing how Allen & Sayaka fell slowly into despair. Sayaka basically played using the Zexal style aka "sitting on your ace as long as possible". Oh well, at least she's a lot better than Kotori despite forgetting to use FCG's effect.
Also Allen what, you rage at Sayaka being a scrub for one turn for her forgetting to use the draw effect, but then you don't even consider using it until Sayaka mentions about it? :3: Oh yeah and Allen reminded me of a hotblooded shounen protag at times lol. His shoes are pretty cool (we finally know where Yuya's getting them, despite Allen's obvious hate for him. But I bet the next duel will change his opinion of him.)
RukaliiniMay 29, 2016 3:33 AM
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

May 29, 2016 3:11 AM
Dec 2011
- Allen programming his shoes.
- Kurosaki all leader-like towards the Lancers, which is cool.
- Allen using Railroad monsters.
- Sayaka messed up, well expectedly.
- That dark aura of the Tylers reminds me of Berserker mode.
- So it was them that wiped out most of the Resistance.
- Allen and Sayaka trying their best, but losing.
- That Noroma starts to remind me of Cronos from GX.
- Aster's animation this episode looks like he came from Code Geass.

- So, next episode, Gongenzaka and Sawatari inevitably lose and Yuya and Shun tag duel against the sisters. I see some teamwork in the preview, with Yuya using Creation Magician and a Raidraptor to Xyz Summon. This will be good.
May 29, 2016 4:13 AM
Apr 2013
Are those twins really female? 1st time ever in Yugioh series where the artists drew women of their age and height with the flattest chests possible. Their boobs are non-existent, the artists never do that with adult women ever. Are we really 100% sure they are not traps?
May 29, 2016 4:50 AM
Apr 2013
Deathsaurus said:
Are those twins really female? 1st time ever in Yugioh series where the artists drew women of their age and height with the flattest chests possible. Their boobs are non-existent, the artists never do that with adult women ever. Are we really 100% sure they are not traps?

There are lots of women around their age who doesn't have big chests in real life as well you know. And in the preview, Shun clearly referred them as "Onna" (woman). And in the media, they are referred as "Sisters".
May 29, 2016 6:58 AM

Jun 2010
"Hey my attack target just changed to Amazoness Swords Woman. SOUKOU MAHOU, LIMITER KAIJOU, HATSUDOOOOOOU"

/facepalm
May 29, 2016 7:00 AM

Oct 2014
BlitzAceSamy said:
"Hey my attack target just changed to Amazoness Swords Woman. SOUKOU MAHOU, LIMITER KAIJOU, HATSUDOOOOOOU"

/facepalm

This episode takes people not reading cards on entirely new level.
May 29, 2016 7:18 AM
Jun 2011
RayofVictory said:
BlitzAceSamy said:

/facepalm

since only the raw has been released can you please tell me what do you mean?
May 29, 2016 7:34 AM
Apr 2013
Even though I understand, this episode just made me not liking Allen so much. I understand his anger, but the way he talks sounds like he thinks Yuya is a coward just because he is Yusho's son. Even though I understand, I don't really like a type of person like him, immediately judging someone based on blood relation without even knowing nor understanding the first thing about them. Once he found out that Yusho didn't run away, he better apologize to Yuya! >:(

The Duel is fine, mostly because of the Tyler Sisters. Allen and Sayaka didn't really give a strong impression to me... Edo at the end of the episode is so cool~ I hope he Duel again soon~

I'm looking forward for the tag Duel next week. Yuya & Shun! I've been waiting for them to Duel together as comrades! Finally!
May 29, 2016 7:43 AM

Mar 2012
RayofVictory said:
BlitzAceSamy said:

/facepalm

What kind of idiot do that? The deflection alone will hurt but you just had to double the damage?(Haven't seen the episode)
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 29, 2016 7:56 AM

Sep 2011
elior1 said:
RayofVictory said:

Allen summoned his train XYZ monster, which then tried attacking Amazoness Liger/Queen (can't remember which one) with its ATK increased to 3000+. However, Gloria (the blond sister) summoned Amazoness Swords Woman (using a trap/spell?) during damage calculation and the attack's target was switched to it. Allen, in order to cause more DMG used Limiter Removal which doubles a Machine-Type's ATK, but had he not been saved by Sayaka's trap which negated the damage reflected to them by Amazoness Sword Woman's effect, they would've lost the Duel immediately. Aka it's like he didn't read Amazoness Swords Woman's effect and just decided to double his monster's ATK, yeah, good idea!

May 29, 2016 8:26 AM
Aug 2014
Nice duel to introduce the Tyler Sisters. It's great to see the Amazoness Archetype again, especially since it is one of the oldest Archetypes ever. There are some great upgrades to the deck too.

Also great to see a Tag Duel. The anime rarely does these. I was a big fan of the Tag Force games, so I really appreciate how the Tyler Sisters duel.

Was a bit disappointed by how Allen doesn't use the Rank 10 Trains like that one person in Zexal with the same last name xD (can't remember name), but oh well. His deck seems to be aimed at burn damage more so than attack. Sadly those burns got prevented.

Sayaka's deck is nice support, but I feel like I could've seen more. The duel was rather short on Sayaka's side.
May 29, 2016 10:35 AM
Dec 2011
Rukaliini said:
elior1 said:

Allen summoned his train XYZ monster, which then tried attacking Amazoness Liger/Queen (can't remember which one) with its ATK increased to 3000+. However, Gloria (the blond sister) summoned Amazoness Swords Woman (using a trap/spell?) during damage calculation and the attack's target was switched to it. Allen, in order to cause more DMG used Limiter Removal which doubles a Machine-Type's ATK, but had he not been saved by Sayaka's trap which negated the damage reflected to them by Amazoness Sword Woman's effect, they would've lost the Duel immediately. Aka it's like he didn't read Amazoness Swords Woman's effect and just decided to double his monster's ATK, yeah, good idea!

The reading of an opponent's effects is what I don't get this whole series. Can they really read their opponent's effects or not. I mean, if you look at the previous episode, Yuri knew exactly what Jumbo Drill's effect was when he was copying it with Starve Venom, but otherwise I don't remember a single instance in the Yugioh anime where a player knew the effects of their opponent's cards without having already seen it. They mostly rely on the experience they have with their opponent's if they dueled them already, but other than that no one ever knew what their opponent's can do the first time they duel them. Also, the helmets in 5D's could read monster stats like ATK, DEF and Level, but not effects.

So, in short, I doubt that anyone can really read their opponent's effects without already knowing what they are.
May 29, 2016 11:13 AM
Jun 2011
Tigardrenalin said:
Rukaliini said:

The reading of an opponent's effects is what I don't get this whole series. Can they really read their opponent's effects or not. I mean, if you look at the previous episode, Yuri knew exactly what Jumbo Drill's effect was when he was copying it with Starve Venom, but otherwise I don't remember a single instance in the Yugioh anime where a player knew the effects of their opponent's cards without having already seen it. They mostly rely on the experience they have with their opponent's if they dueled them already, but other than that no one ever knew what their opponent's can do the first time they duel them. Also, the helmets in 5D's could read monster stats like ATK, DEF and Level, but not effects.

So, in short, I doubt that anyone can really read their opponent's effects without already knowing what they are.
i think during most of this dual only sayaka truly shined. she played her deck pretty smart
May 29, 2016 11:44 AM

Oct 2014
Tigardrenalin said:
Rukaliini said:

All cards on the field appears on the duel disk's screen, so by all means the characters should be able to read them if they want. Most of the time they don't, but that's another matter.
May 29, 2016 11:56 AM
Jul 2011
Sayaka, she couldn't have used the the last trap card to protect Allen if she actually used Fairy Cheer Girl's effect during her turn when she summoned it. because the trap required 2 overlay units, one for the train monster and one for the Cheer Girl, of course she would have got an extra card, but who knows what kind of card she drew and if she didn't used the trap, Allen's monster attacking would have been suicidal.

Clearly in the preview Yuto and Shun looks very angry because of Tyler sisters.
But Yuya doesn't want to duel filled with anger and vengeance, I see he still wants to duel as an Entertainment Duelist.

I actually knew this kind situation will come to Yuya.
That Yuto and Shun will be against Yuya's way of duel to make everyone smile in this grave situation.

Though Yuya understands Yuto and Shuns sadness of losing more comrades, he still doesn't want to be battle harden duelist like the Resistance and maybe Lancers.

Allen would be more doubtful of Yuya if Yuya's Entertainment dueling shows splitting image of Yusho.

Shun may have got soften because his time with comrades and learned its preciousness, but against unforgivable enemies he returns to his harden ways only to brutally eliminate his enemies.

And Yuto is starting to give no mercy either.
Starting from Edo, now Tyler sisters Yuya will have hard time bearing Yuto's rebellious behavior inside him while dueling.
Make me think Yuya doesn't want to duel anymore in the future and loses fun in it.
May 29, 2016 2:23 PM
Jun 2015
rladls717 said:
Sayaka, she couldn't have used the the last trap card to protect Allen if she actually used Fairy Cheer Girl's effect during her turn when she summoned it. because the trap required 2 overlay units, one for the train monster and one for the Cheer Girl, of course she would have got an extra card, but who knows what kind of card she drew and if she didn't used the trap, Allen's monster attacking would have been suicidal.

But Yuya doesn't want to duel filled with anger and vengeance, I see he still wants to duel as an Entertainment Duelist.

That Yuto and Shun will be against Yuya's way of duel to make everyone smile in this grave situation.

Though Yuya understands Yuto and Shuns sadness of losing more comrades, he still doesn't want to be battle harden duelist like the Resistance and maybe Lancers.

Allen would be more doubtful of Yuya if Yuya's Entertainment dueling shows splitting image of Yusho.

Shun may have got soften because his time with comrades and learned its preciousness, but against unforgivable enemies he returns to his harden ways only to brutally eliminate his enemies.

Starting from Edo, now Tyler sisters Yuya will have hard time bearing Yuto's rebellious behavior inside him while dueling.
Make me think Yuya doesn't want to duel anymore in the future and loses fun in it.

Hopefully, I would love to see Yuya pulling the same thing Judai did. Then again we're in season 3 of Arc-V, and season 3 in GX did toughen up Judai. But in this case we could have Yuzu or Gon making him remember how fun dueling is again near the end of the show.

Speaking of which, I have foreshadowing vibes from the ED, that something may happen to either of Yuya, Yuzu or Gon, which could ultimately affect Yuya and his ideals.
Atif123May 29, 2016 2:27 PM
May 29, 2016 2:42 PM
Dec 2011
RayofVictory said:
Tigardrenalin said:

All cards on the field appears on the duel disk's screen, so by all means the characters should be able to read them if they want. Most of the time they don't, but that's another matter.

If you are talking about the holograms of the actual Monster Cards appearing on the field, they disappear the moment the monster is summoned. And sometimes the Monster Cards don't appear at all. The Spell/Traps are a different case because almost no one ever hides their effects. Well, this is mostly in Arc-V's case, don't really remember the other series, except 5D's and Zexal, which did the same thing.

Atif123 said:
Speaking of which, I have foreshadowing vibes from the ED, that something may happen to either of Yuya, Yuzu or Gon, which could ultimately affect Yuya and his ideals.

I don't know. Yuya seems really convinced that he can bring smiles from his duel with Jack, it would be sad if he abandoned something which he finally achieved. But if he does, I hope his friends, his parents, the Lancers, and (hopefully) Jack remind him what his ideals are (or in Jack's case, I hope he Atlas-punches Yuya to make him remember (remember him punching Yusei in the gut when Yusei lost it?)).
May 29, 2016 3:08 PM

Mar 2014
epic battle with some old cards, especially no stupid action cards are involved in this battle. 100/10 satisfied
ButtSlapperMay 29, 2016 3:11 PM
May 29, 2016 8:16 PM
Apr 2013
rladls717 said:

When you said it like that, I became more worried that things will get bad between Yuya and his friends, especially Yuya and Yuto. I hope this won't cause discord between them. Considering Yuya's personality, I won't be surprised if Yuya can't enjoy Duel like he usually does, like Judai did.
May 29, 2016 11:01 PM

Oct 2014
Tigardrenalin said:
If you are talking about the holograms of the actual Monster Cards appearing on the field, they disappear the moment the monster is summoned. And sometimes the Monster Cards don't appear at all. The Spell/Traps are a different case because almost no one ever hides their effects. Well, this is mostly in Arc-V's case, don't really remember the other series, except 5D's and Zexal, which did the same thing.

No, I'm talking about this:

As you can see here, Yuya is clearly checking the opponent's field, so all characters should be able to do the same at all times.
RayofVictoryMay 30, 2016 1:25 AM
May 30, 2016 1:26 AM
Sep 2015
Exciting debut from the Tyler sisters, and as expected, they wipe the floor with Allen and Sayaka. This episode really made me dislike Allen even more though. Kinda weird though, that according to the preview, Kurosaki only heard rumors about the Tyler sisters carding nearly the entire Spade branch, when he, Ruri, and Yuto were apart of the school. Maybe Yuto either met them or knew people who were carded by them? Regardless, it seems like either Sawatari and Gongenzaka's duel will be passed over as fodder, or they'll go for half the episode and lose, and then Yuya and Shun take on the sisters for the second half of the episode and it becomes a two parter. Also Shun possibly using pendulums in the next duel? He did use Sawatari's pendulum archetype against Obelisk force, but it'll be cool if he has his own pendulums like Yuya, Reiji, Sawatari, Gongenzaka, and Serena.
May 30, 2016 2:04 AM

Feb 2013
A rather one sided duel as expected.
Sayaka is a bit annoying, too bad that she didn't get turned into a card.
Gongenzaka and Sawatari are probably gonna lose too.
May 30, 2016 2:52 AM
Apr 2013
richi1234 said:
Exciting debut from the Tyler sisters, and as expected, they wipe the floor with Allen and Sayaka. This episode really made me dislike Allen even more though. Kinda weird though, that according to the preview, Kurosaki only heard rumors about the Tyler sisters carding nearly the entire Spade branch, when he, Ruri, and Yuto were apart of the school. Maybe Yuto either met them or knew people who were carded by them? Regardless, it seems like either Sawatari and Gongenzaka's duel will be passed over as fodder, or they'll go for half the episode and lose, and then Yuya and Shun take on the sisters for the second half of the episode and it becomes a two parter. Also Shun possibly using pendulums in the next duel? He did use Sawatari's pendulum archetype against Obelisk force, but it'll be cool if he has his own pendulums like Yuya, Reiji, Sawatari, Gongenzaka, and Serena.

So I'm not the only one who dislike Allen...kind of glad to hear that. Shun doesn't know about Tyler Sister probably because they never ran into each other before or Tyler Sister wiped out Spade Branch while Shun and Yuto are in Standard-Synchro Dimension. From the preview, it seems Shun is using Yuya's Frog Pendulum monster (I forgot the name of the monster)
May 30, 2016 7:38 AM
Sep 2015
Frost190 said:
richi1234 said:

So I'm not the only one who dislike Allen...kind of glad to hear that. Shun doesn't know about Tyler Sister probably because they never ran into each other before or Tyler Sister wiped out Spade Branch while Shun and Yuto are in Standard-Synchro Dimension. From the preview, it seems Shun is using Yuya's Frog Pendulum monster (I forgot the name of the monster)

I realize that Allen's meant to be hotheaded (dunno if it's a reference to Anna from Zexal), but he was also kinda a dick to Sayaka as well.
May 30, 2016 9:14 AM
Dec 2011
RayofVictory said:

No, I'm talking about this:

As you can see here, Yuya is clearly checking the opponent's field, so all characters should be able to do the same at all times.

I forgot about this Duel entirely, but I don't know if they can enlarge the image, like in the games, and read the entire texts, or just look at the field like this.
EDIT: Just remembered what Yuya was checking. It was to see if Sawatari had any Spell Cards on his field to target with that card negates the effects of 2 face-up Spell Cards he controls and a card his opponent controls. Therefore, I think that card reading in Yugioh remains a mystery, as Yuya was only checking for types of cards and not effects.

Frost190 said:
From the preview, it seems Shun is using Yuya's Frog Pendulum monster (I forgot the name of the monster)

I'm a little confused by this. Does this mean that each side only has 2 Pendulum Zones in a Tag Duel, or can everyone use their regular Zones while having the option of choosing which partner's Pendulum Scales are they going to use.

Also, the Frog Pendulum = Turntoad/Hikkurikaeru
WithdrawnMay 30, 2016 9:27 AM
May 30, 2016 9:31 AM

Jun 2010
Tigardrenalin said:
I'm a little confused by this. Does this mean that each side only has 2 Pendulum Zones in a Tag Duel, or can everyone use their regular Zones while having the option of choosing which partner's Pendulum Scales are they going to use.

In a tag duel you share everything with your partner but deck, extra deck and hand, so technically speaking Kurosaki would be able to Pendulum Summon stuff from his hand with the scales that Yuuya set
May 30, 2016 9:50 AM

Jan 2014
The Sisters mean business. Their monsters are boring as fuck but their teamwork is good.

Allen and Sayaka were far more competent than I thought, specially the latter considering that despite using Kotori.dek, proved far more useful in 1 episode than her counterpart was in an entire series.
May 30, 2016 10:27 AM
Dec 2011
BlitzAceSamy said:
Tigardrenalin said:

In a tag duel you share everything with your partner but deck, extra deck and hand, so technically speaking Kurosaki would be able to Pendulum Summon stuff from his hand with the scales that Yuuya set

So wait, then it is my first guess, the entire side of the field is shared by two players. I sorta confused it with the Battle Royale rules and principles.
May 30, 2016 10:30 AM
Jul 2015
the tyler sisters were awsome and i like their teamwork.they are becoming my favorite female characters. allen and sayaka got wrecked by the sisters as expected. allen and sayakas play was completely disappointment to me. allen is now becoming a dick these days and he is going to become the new shinji. i am looking forward to see yuya and shun teaming up and dueling the sisters i hope yuya and shun do a good teamwork aganist the sisters and i want yuto to takeover yuyas body during this duel. Yuto looks more piss of than shun in the preview.I hope the duel will last for two parts,Shun is a tsundere after all he has becomw very dere-dere to his comrades and has grown soft to them but he is still tsun-tsun to his enimes someone over here who has tv tropes account please add tsundere trope to his character sheet in tv trope since he is 100 percent qualified to this trope
May 31, 2016 7:41 AM
Sep 2012
Well we final get some female villains, and I love them, Grace and Gloria, they are awesome. I like the Amazoness cards, and things went the way I thought they were going to go, which shows what little fate I had in Sayaka and Allen.

I knew the sisters were going to win, and someone was going to save them for being turned into cards, my guess was Gongenzaka and Shingo, and I was right. So I thought so little of Allen and Sayaka that I had more confidence in Shingo, someone I believe won a duel on screen in this series, to have more of a chance against these sisters.

Next episode, Gongenzaka and Shingo didn't last long, looks like Yuya and Shun are dueling Grace and Gloria, and looks like that duel starts early in the episode, so did Gongenzaka and Shingo get one shot?
May 31, 2016 8:27 AM
May 2016
I like the teamwork between Allen and Sayaka. The Tyler sisters are ok what I see them as characters but that's just my opinion. I'm excited for next episode because Yuya and Shun are working together. It would be interesting when Academia still record when Yuya and Shun duel the Tyler sisters.If Edo saw Yuya in he video I would like to know what would Edo do in that situation.I don't know if that would happen but I hope that would happen in the next episode.
May 31, 2016 12:58 PM
Dec 2011
I hate how the preview and summary of episode 108 say Gongenzaka and Sawatari are going to lose.

The end of this episode: Sawatari ''Allright, let's do this''.
The preview for the next episode: Yuya, Yuya, Shun, Yuya...

It's almost like the creators themselves are trying to establish them as weak and incompetent characters. Sawatari is well... Sawatari, a spoiled and rich kid who lived his whole life in cash and cakes. Still, he has somewhat improved and adopted some unselfish characteristics, like making the audience entertained. Nevertheless, he still loses almost every duel he's been in, all in favor of Yuya and his counterparts. But Gongenzaka is a whole different story. He is a powerhouse that actually trains dueling and has devoted his life to harsh training. His deck isn't that bad either and has its own unique mechanics.

So, why do the creators downplay them so badly (Well at least Gong. Sawatari still needs to study... )?! Their current state is awful, as their only role in the show is comedy. I hope they get an episode each, based solely on them trying to improve themselves and actually beating an important enemy character for once. Gong is Yuya's best friend and he gets bad treatment. Jounouchi is Yugi's best friend and he gets some actual credit in the show. Both Shingo and Gong are also Lancers, the defenders of the four dimensions, isn't that enough to give them some shine in the show... Sure, Yuya, Yuzu and their lookalikes are important to the plot, but this shouldn't be shadowing every other character in Arc-V and casting them aside as trash. Zexal did this as well, and look how it ended. The entire series was Yuma, Yuma, Yuma, YUMA, YUMA... and some Astral. Even 5D's gave their characters one last duel to beat the final boss's most trusty subordinates, even Aki and Ruka who did nothing in the second season of the show.

All I'm saying they should stop doing this and give the other main characters some recognition in the show, that's if they even count them as main characters, even though they now appear in every episode. The way this is going is crappy, not counting the reveals of badass monster upgrades, which is the only thing that still makes me watch this show, because the plot is slow too.
Jun 1, 2016 9:01 PM

Dec 2014
Tigardrenalin said:
I hate how the preview and summary of episode 108 say Gongenzaka and Sawatari are going to lose.

Well, frankly there was no way for them to win this duel.
Not because of the Tyler Sisters. Not because they're bad characters (which isn't true, they're two of my favorite characters from the show).

Gong's deck completely relies on having no Spell or Trap cards.
Sawatari's Pendulum deck has them in almost as high regard as monsters.

During this weird Xyz Dimension form of Tag Duels, you share your partner's field and monsters- a trait that isn't found in any other dueling seen anywhere else in Yugioh that I can think of.

Gongenzaka's deck is automatically going to crash and burn the moment Sawatari uses a Spell or Trap card, or even if he sets it face-down. He won't be able to pull off half his combos, meaning that he'll barely be able to bring out Big Benkei or a Synchro (by IRL standards, who knows how bad the anime deck would be). So rather than showing us a frankly embarrasing performance for both Sawatari and Gongenzaka, they're skipping to a match that actually has some level of competition to it.
Jun 2, 2016 12:26 PM

Sep 2011
Tigardrenalin said:
All I'm saying they should stop doing this and give the other main characters some recognition in the show, that's if they even count them as main characters, even though they now appear in every episode. The way this is going is crappy, not counting the reveals of badass monster upgrades, which is the only thing that still makes me watch this show, because the plot is slow too.

Meh, still better than Yuma dueling in almost every episode and appearing in every episode (it's refreshing sometimes to have an episode without the MC; not that I hate Yuya, in fact I like him, but it's different), not really gaining any recognition and the Numbers Club (main characters hue) being completely useless (despite appearing in every episode). At least Gon-chan and Neo NEW are actually doing something instead of crying for MC or not dueling. Besides Sawatari is the comic relief of Arc-V, so that's just how he is.

But like naschy said, Gon-chan and Sawatari's decks don't really mash together and their teamwork sucks (at least now) because of their conflicting personalities. Unlike Yuya and Sawatari, they really can't share monsters except for Pendulum or traps and spells because Gon-chan's deck is disabled with them; Yuya can at least use Shun's monsters for XYZ and vice versa. Though I agree Reiji should have some more duels, I wanna see some more of the glorious D/D/D. But imo it's better if Arc-V takes it a little slow (and ofc it feels slow when you watch Arc-V weekly, as opposed to marathoning it like I did before the start of Friendship Cup) because it has still lots of mysteries to unveil, and I wouldn't want them to do it in just a couple episodes. GX was also pretty slow as well, especially in Season 3. And besides we don't even know what kind of an ending Arc-V will have, except for the fact that the last episode will include in a Duel where the audience can join in as well.
RukaliiniJun 2, 2016 12:30 PM

Jun 2, 2016 6:05 PM
Apr 2013
Episode 109...

I hope the episode title is just a vague title and literally won't happen...(_ _lll)
Jun 2, 2016 7:32 PM
Sep 2015
Frost190 said:
Episode 109...

I hope the episode title is just a vague title and literally won't happen...(_ _lll)

Jun 3, 2016 12:22 AM

Sep 2012
Dem sisters are quite the hotties. Love their designs.
Glad to see a tag duel and not another damn battle royal.
Interesting decks. Trains and Amazons.
Sayaka's monsters have as awful hair as she does. Glad she found some courage to move forward though.
I feel like Allen and Sayaka are definitely the representatives for Zexal. Just look at the way they dueled, lol. As god awful as Yuma.

Honestly hoping that Gongenzaka and Sawatari don't even get a chance to duel before Yuya and Shun arrive. I couldn't care less about Sawatari but I like Gongenzaka. Kinda annoying to see him get beat down cause main character duels are more important. Fingers crossed that as they're about to duel, Yuya and Shun crash the party.
On that note. Shun is going to be salty and on tilt during that duel in seems. Fun, fun.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jun 3, 2016 2:38 AM
Apr 2013
richi1234 said:
Frost190 said:
Episode 109...

Jun 3, 2016 8:39 AM
Dec 2011
richi1234 said:
Frost190 said:
Episode 109...

Like those episodes, when Shun lost to Sora, everyone thought he was going to die...
Jun 3, 2016 9:01 AM

Oct 2014
Tigardrenalin said:
richi1234 said:

Like those episodes, when Shun lost to Sora, everyone thought he was going to die...

I'm sure that Shun was originally supposed to be carded by Sora, but that idea was abandoned down the road. Much like how Sora was supposed to be carded by Yuri during the synchro invasion, but then his VA contract got renewed for some reason. Anyway, tittles shouldn't be taken literally, especially in a series that loves metaphors. While Shun is kind of a safety net for Yuya and the others and I understand why they would want to take him away, I really doubt they will card him at this point. As I said above, if they wanted to card him, they would've done so way back when he lost to Sora. I assume he may just disappear to somewhere for the time being, and if the OP is any indication (I know that OPs are misleading most of the time, but whatever) he may end up in Fusion. Shun is just too important for the story to get carded and, as I say again, if they wanted to take that route, they would've done so a long time ago.
Jun 3, 2016 10:13 AM

Jul 2015
RayofVictory said:
Tigardrenalin said:

I'm sure that Shun was originally supposed to be carded by Sora, but that idea was abandoned down the road. Much like how Sora was supposed to be carded by Yuri during the synchro invasion, but then his VA contract got renewed for some reason. Anyway, tittles shouldn't be taken literally, especially in a series that loves metaphors. While Shun is kind of a safety net for Yuya and the others and I understand why they would want to take him away, I really doubt they will card him at this point. As I said above, if they wanted to card him, they would've done so way back when he lost to Sora. I assume he may just disappear to somewhere for the time being, and if the OP is any indication (I know that OPs are misleading most of the time, but whatever) he may end up in Fusion. Shun is just too important for the story to get carded and, as I say again, if they wanted to take that route, they would've done so a long time ago.

Perhaps they will use Shun's defeat to convince Kaito to join the team?
Jun 3, 2016 10:44 AM

Oct 2014
Bill_the_Cat said:
RayofVictory said:

Perhaps they will use Shun's defeat to convince Kaito to join the team?

I think that they will put Shun out of commission for a while, so Kaito could take his place. Him learning to trust other people again is one of the major subplots of this arc after all, and he will definitely join forces with the lancers at some point.
Jun 3, 2016 3:30 PM
Sep 2015
Jun 3, 2016 3:34 PM
Sep 2015
RayofVictory said:
Tigardrenalin said:

BTW, I'll never really understand why they handled Sora the way they did, after they revealed his malicious Academia side. I also didn't understand how Shun so easily accepted him, after their two duels. Maybe it's a credit to Shun's development as a character. I dunno.
Jun 4, 2016 7:11 AM

Oct 2014
richi1234 said:
RayofVictory said:

BTW, I'll never really understand why they handled Sora the way they did, after they revealed his malicious Academia side. I also didn't understand how Shun so easily accepted him, after their two duels. Maybe it's a credit to Shun's development as a character. I dunno.

From what I could tell, Sora was always intended to be redeemed from the very start. The thing I didn't like was not the redemption itself, but rather the way it was handled. His entire redemption took place off-screen and just felt forced. The last time he appeared in the battle royal, he was carding people left and right and talking about how Academia's goal is noble and bs like that, then the next time he appears in the synchro arc, he tells Yuya that they are fiends and offers his help to protect Yuzu from Academia, without giving any real explanation as to why he decided to betray Academia in the first place. But that may be due to pacing in the synchro arc as a whole, since for some reason the writers decided to focus more on the tournament than the actual important stuff, and as a result a lot of things like that suffered. As for Shun, I really have no idea why he didn't want to kill Sora on the spot. Plot convenience I guess.
Jun 4, 2016 8:06 AM
Apr 2013
RayofVictory said:
richi1234 said:

From what I could tell, Sora was always intended to be redeemed from the very start. The thing I didn't like was not the redemption itself, but rather the way it was handled. His entire redemption took place off-screen and just felt forced. The last time he appeared in the battle royal, he was carding people left and right and talking about how Academia's goal is noble and bs like that, then the next time he appears in the synchro arc, he tells Yuya that they are fiends and offers his help to protect Yuzu from Academia, without giving any real explanation as to why he decided to betray Academia in the first place. But that may be due to pacing in the synchro arc as a whole, since for some reason the writers decided to focus more on the tournament than the actual important stuff, and as a result a lot of things like that suffered. As for Shun, I really have no idea why he didn't want to kill Sora on the spot. Plot convenience I guess.

Agreed. I prefer Sora to show his feelings more rather than just narrating it with only few flashbacks. About Shun, considering the situation with Roger and such, despite Shun's vendetta against Sora, I think he knew that Roger comes first and it wasn't the right time to settle his vendetta with Sora.
Jun 4, 2016 6:36 PM
Apr 2013
Summary for episode 109...

The summary doesn't sound as bad as the title, but the title or the summary itself can be misleading to shock the viewers later on. Still, for now, I'm a bit at ease. I'll keep trying to be positive for now.
Miya190Jun 4, 2016 6:39 PM
Jun 4, 2016 10:44 PM

Oct 2014
Frost190 said:
Summary for episode 109...

The summary doesn't sound as bad as the title, but the title or the summary itself can be misleading to shock the viewers later on. Still, for now, I'm a bit at ease. I'll keep trying to be positive for now.

Its important to note that the tittle can be translated in multiple ways, depending on the context. The translators only translated it that way because the japanese initial reaction was "omg, Shun dies", which no one has a concrete proof of. I think it will be a metaphorical death, in which the "old" Shun who was a lone wolf full or anger dies, and the "new" Shun who believes in his comrades is born. Or Ultimate Falcon just gets jobbed again (which is disappointing for an ultimate boss monster like him).
Jul 29, 2016 7:53 PM

Apr 2007
That was such an exciting duel! I loved seeing Allen use those fun train cards and having a similar personality that Anna has. It's a shame we probably won't be able to see him duel again though. The sisters are rather creepy :v

It was annoying that the sisters were constantly saying to "read the card effects" when it wasn't really established if they can. It's like they're saying everyone should have knowledge of every card in existence. Which I wouldn't be surprised if that's one thing they teach at the Academy.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.