Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 22, 2016 1:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Bakugo's shocked expression after his loss is rather priceless. I just can't forget it lol

Glad to see more of the abilities of the other students this episode though and it's nice to see Deku back after his brutal fight. Bakugo's vow to be #1 was a highlight imo this episode. But no doubt, Deku's team win their match. Ah the Villains tease is nice.
Stark700May 22, 2016 1:25 AM
May 22, 2016 1:25 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol, that’s one mental breakdown for Bakugou. We got some short matches for the other students too. Todoroki hype!! And lol at Mineta. At least Midoriya’s okay now. And it seems like he’s made some friends too. Lol, Kacchan’s really dense… he should’ve understood what Midoriya said. Also Shigaraki, that's an awesome voice for him!

1 chapter adapted this time, though I can see why they want to end it here. I'm guessing that the USJ arc will adapt 3 chapters in some episodes...

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerMay 22, 2016 1:37 AM
May 22, 2016 1:25 AM

Jun 2014
Another good episode. It was great seeing the other students for a bit. And getting to see Bakugou so pissed off was priceless (his voice actor is literally perfect).

Also, the OST. And the villains at the end.
:3
May 22, 2016 1:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm surprised that they only adapted 1 chapter

Either way, they handled everything in an amazing way yet again, especially with the Bakugou , Best Girl Momo and muh fav character SHOUTO moments

Loved how they managed to showcase all of the other students well too.....And also dat tease at the end....Enter (I'll use the name that I initially called him back then) Dr. Hands

I wonder if anyone's negative perspectives of BakuGOAT will change after this episode because mine surely did after this moment
TokoyaMay 22, 2016 1:32 AM
May 22, 2016 1:47 AM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:

Either way, they handled everything in an amazing way yet again, especially with the Bakugou , Best Girl Momo and muh fav character SHOUTO moments

Loved how they managed to showcase all of the other students well too.....And also dat tease at the end....Enter (I'll use the name that I initially called him back then) Dr. Hands

I wonder if anyone's negative perspectives of BakuGOAT will change after this episode because mine surely did after this moment

Actually the sasuke comments will keep coming as it happened in manga forum, until the recent arc is adapated.
Anyway good ep, yuki did a quite good job for todoroki as well. Enter our MVP shigaraki.
May 22, 2016 2:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
strider98 said:
Tokoya said:

Actually the sasuke comments will keep coming as it happened in manga forum, until the recent arc is adapated.
Anyway good ep, yuki did a quite good job for todoroki as well. Enter our MVP shigaraki.
I was more or less referring to people's hatred of him in general

But imo that Sasuke comparison bit died hard during the Sports Festival arc.....People that still compared them after that were either in denial about it or just haters/bad trolls
May 22, 2016 2:27 AM

Jan 2015
Decent episode though if this was 24 episodes the pacing could be a lot better, plus a bit too many flashbacks. Thankfully All-Might is still carrying the show oh and the hot and cold guy finally had some screen time so that was nice.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 22, 2016 2:32 AM
Jul 2012
Once again my only problem is the pacing of the series with only 13 episodes but anyways.

Things should really get interesting next week because what good are heroes without villains?
May 22, 2016 2:32 AM

Sep 2015
A new character next week :o
Bakugou's reaction at the end was a great scene
May 22, 2016 2:38 AM

Jan 2012
Hmmm back to just one chapter adapted this week, honestly didn't expect that. The opening flashback shoulda been a tipoff though, we've seen it three times now. Good episode still though I'd say, getting to see several of the other students in action. That's what I wanted. Gotta love Momo/Mineta and Tsuyu/Tokoyami. XD Though I did notice some wonky looking characters at times. Only added part that I could tell was the three girls watching Deku and Bakugo at the end, which was cute. Oh Bakugo, you just got a reality check you ass, about time. XD Figured they'd save the villain's introduction for a post credits scene, pretty nice.

For manga readers:
animefan8800May 22, 2016 3:04 AM
May 22, 2016 2:45 AM

Jan 2015
That's definitely one short battle-training performed by the "sub-zero" man, even All Might can't really handle the cold and it seems Bakugo can't handle the shock for the review and for knowing there's another student that "stronger" than him.
And that funny moment when Deku back to class and another student named Aoyama Yuga always interrupted for his greeting. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 22, 2016 2:45 AM

Jul 2012
Omg my favorite part in the manga finally got animated and i loved it! That part after credits was really well done, the only problem for me was Shigaraki VA, i didn't find it evil enough, maybe he will grow on me.
5/5
May 22, 2016 2:50 AM

Nov 2015
Great ep, just when the ep title card was shown, I knew Bakugo will have a great moment and he did!
The other quirks were fantastic too, let's see more of them and just montage next time.
May 22, 2016 2:53 AM

Dec 2012
Congrats to Iida for getting MVP. DAMN Todoroki is way too awesome. Freaking froze the whole building. I love his quirk- "Half-Cold, Half-Hot".
Lol Mineta staring at Momo's ass. Nice to see the other students display their quirks. Tokoyami & his shadow quirk looks cool.
Looks like Deku is gonna be alright. Just needs time to heal.
Nice of the students to wait for him & be impressed with his match. Great to finally hear the rest of the students finally speak.
The OST when Deku & Bakugou were speaking was great.

The villains make their appearance at the end. Shigiraki looks menacing.

Plus Ultra!
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 22, 2016 2:57 AM

Jan 2015

Been wanting to see one of Todoroki's fights animated since the season started, was not disappointed.

Although I had really liked Bakugou's character in the first episode, the last few episodes had made me sort of hate him, but this one redeemed him for me.
PartyuMay 22, 2016 8:38 AM
May 22, 2016 3:11 AM

Sep 2010
Todoroki was OP!
It figures Bakugo wouldn't believe Midoriya, but at least Midoriya told him. XD

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
May 22, 2016 3:12 AM

Jan 2015
Oh damn, that conversation with Bakugo game me shivers.

Amazing OST! DAMN!
May 22, 2016 3:12 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again this week, Surprised at the 1 chapter adaptation though.

Todoroki freezing the building was just epic. Loved the Tokoyami screentime too.
Mineta staring at Momo's ass was the best XD

Bakugou's declaration to Deku that he'd become number one was really awesome, Really portrays how the convicted his character is. Loved the soundtrack they played in that scene.

I wonder if people will still continue to hate on Bakugou after this episode, The main reason the guy acts the way he does is because he wants to be the best and surpass even All Might.

Shigaraki's voice at the end makes me all hyped XD
Plus Ultra!
animefan8800 said:
For manga readers:

May 22, 2016 3:13 AM

Jul 2014
let it be remembered that Kacchan is fucking precious.

nice to see more Todoroki screentime. And Shigaraki appeared after ED, awesome. 5/5
May 22, 2016 3:17 AM

Dec 2013
This episode felt a bit slow to me but I still liked it.

Invisible girl is hilarious. Love how enthusiastic she is. Sad how the duo got completely destroyed by Todoroki and his op quirk.

Kacchan speech was really nice. Love Bakugou :)

Evil face palm dude has arrived! Hype!
May 22, 2016 3:19 AM

Jan 2012
Lelouch0202 said:

animefan8800 said:
For manga readers:

Also loved this:

Not the face you wanna see of someone you ogle! XD
May 22, 2016 3:20 AM

Oct 2011
The adaptation of this episode was awesome. Too bad with a totla of 13 episodes the show will end still in the early chapters of the manga.

May 22, 2016 3:21 AM

Jun 2014
Todoroki is so OP it's not fair lol. It was pretty nice to see some of the other students get screen time and show off their Quirks, and I particularly liked how badass Tokoyami looked with his shadow Quirk. Bakugo seemed to get one hell of a reality check after that match against Deku, and how he acted in this episode really shows just how serious he is about becoming the number one hero. That Shigaraki hype at the end though........5 more episodes for a 10 chapter arc, so they can easily do 2 chapters per episode to wrap this up nicely.

Also, lol at Mineta checking out Momo's ass, and the penis laser dude constantly getting interrupted when he tried introducing himself.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 22, 2016 3:23 AM

Jan 2013
Bakugo is savage.He told all-might to fuck off and i was like YOU GO GIRLLLLLL
May 22, 2016 3:30 AM
Feb 2016
There where ups and downs, and I can't say this was my favorite episode but I still loved it. Bakugou really was shocked at what he saw. Imagine what would had happened if that punch had connected with his.

He is really dense though but it's a good thing he didn't understand Deku. I really with I understood japonese better because I really wanted to get what Deku said in japonese to understand Kachan's response.

All in All this was a pleasant episode.
May 22, 2016 3:33 AM
Apr 2015
despite his attutude, Bakugou does have his likeable qualities. This ep proves it, and I like it. also, the villains finally show up. can't wait for more.
May 22, 2016 3:37 AM

Aug 2010
Fun ep. Sure cut down on the budget in some scenes tho.
Bakugo got mentally REKT after seeing Todoroki. He thought he's #1 but this class isn't a bunch of scrubs. He's finally realized he's not all THAT.

Iida's smug when he was hearing Momo's analysis was lol

Hagakure was cute when she was taking her gloves and boots :3
But she got REKT so easily
The todoroki edge was too real

Glimpses of everyone were nice. Dat Momo fanservice tho :L And Mina's Genki was cute

Poor AM realizing how tough being a teacher is now. He just wanted to help Bakugo and got shut up XD

SHIGARAKI IS HERE!! It's HABBENING
May 22, 2016 3:45 AM

Jul 2015
I liked what they added to the fights. It made Todoroki seem a lot more bad ass in the start. I'm sure people will hate it since they don't like filler, but I think it was good filler.

I'm still very annoyed at the overuse of flashbacks though. The flashback sequence when All Might was with Recovery Girl was way too long.

On a side note, Shigaraki sounds absolutely perfect. Creepy as hell, just how he should be.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
May 22, 2016 3:45 AM
Mar 2016
this kind of episodes are trully necessary. I really like how is going the anime.

Anyone knows if will we have a second season? :(
May 22, 2016 3:51 AM

Oct 2015
juicykitten95 said:

He actually didn't. Some things don't get translated well enough from Japanese to English and one of them is speech implication. All Might is the only one Bakugou speaks to with some level of respect.
May 22, 2016 3:57 AM

Aug 2013
juicykitten95 said:

Ayyy lmao

Bakugo is best grill
May 22, 2016 4:08 AM

Jun 2009
animefan8800 said:
For manga readers:

May 22, 2016 4:17 AM

Apr 2014
This will get a second season right? Since 13 episodes is definitely not enough for this show.
May 22, 2016 4:19 AM

Jul 2013
Good episode.
Todoroki show who is the boss.
Bakugou become more likeable.

AbsoluteBloom said:
I liked what they added to the fights. It made Todoroki seem a lot more bad ass in the start. I'm sure people will hate it since they don't like filler, but I think it was good filler.

I'm still very annoyed at the overuse of flashbacks though. The flashback sequence when All Might was with Recovery Girl was way too long.

On a side note, Shigaraki sounds absolutely perfect. Creepy as hell, just how he should be.

Todoroki's fight scene is also in the mangas, what did they add?
(except for the others students, I remark this was longer here which is good)
May 22, 2016 4:20 AM
Jul 2018
Honest tears, I suppose? Me like it.

5 more episodes, huh. *sigh* This anime will need 2nd season.
May 22, 2016 4:20 AM

Jul 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
This will get a second season right? Since 13 episodes is definitely not enough for this show.

Probably. It all hangs on manga sales boost, and the manga has been getting a pretty healthy boost from the anime.
May 22, 2016 4:22 AM

Jul 2015
Guilek said:
Good episode.
Todoroki show who is the boss.
Bakugou become more likeable.

AbsoluteBloom said:

Todoroki's fight scene is also in the mangas, what did they add?
(except for the others students, I remark this was longer here which is good)

I thought they added more at the start of the fight, but I went back and you're right, it's pretty much the same. My bad.
May 22, 2016 4:24 AM

Jan 2012
Pringer said:
animefan8800 said:
For manga readers:

May 22, 2016 4:38 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Good episode again. Deku getting the recognition from his classmates was great to see.
May 22, 2016 4:40 AM

Jun 2013
That Deku/Kacchan scene was my favorite part of the episode. The voice acting was just superb. On the other hand, I don't think Todoroki's voice suits him at all.. I don't like it.

Tomura at the end! I love his voice and I can't wait to see more of him. Rip to all those animators having to draw so many hands, lol. At least we won't get derpy face shots.
May 22, 2016 4:48 AM

Jun 2009
animefan8800 said:
Pringer said:

May 22, 2016 4:57 AM

Dec 2014
Bakugo got owned in this episode.... I hope he get reduced to a more side kick kind of a role
May 22, 2016 5:15 AM

Feb 2016
that ice guy was pretty cool. the soundtrack used while kacchon was talking to deku was also nice.
May 22, 2016 5:16 AM
Apr 2015
am I the only one who cries while watching this?
May 22, 2016 5:23 AM

Mar 2014
OMG this soundtrack is so good, I'm going to check right now if this guy did soundtracks besides this and Gundam Build Fighters
May 22, 2016 5:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
PNDRetro said:
am I the only one who cries while watching this?
I have for most episodes lol
May 22, 2016 5:39 AM
Sep 2014
animefan8800 said:
For manga readers:

May 22, 2016 5:45 AM

May 2014
Loved the OST and Deku's child voice is just adorable OwO
May 22, 2016 5:45 AM

Feb 2016
That quirk is too op
May 22, 2016 5:52 AM

Dec 2015
Was looking forward to seeing the other students use their powers, shame they just skipped over it.

Kacchan needs to take a chill pill, he's gonna get stomach ulcers if he keeps operating at those stress levels.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

278 by Apreggi »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

297 by Apreggi »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

217 by Apreggi »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

334 by Apreggi »»
Today, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

241 by Apreggi »»
Today, 1:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.