Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 11, 2016 8:57 PM

Oct 2015
Just like previously, there's no thread suggesting if it's okay to watch the two movies instead of the series. I would like to save time and watch just one of either movie or the episodes. So it's a simple question.

And are both the movies better than their episodic counterparts, or just one? Because the second movie is a remake of an arc in Gintama (2011), which I think was made in HD, unlike original Gintama.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
May 11, 2016 9:13 PM

Mar 2015
sorry, i feel the movie desn't give the same impact as series has... there is also doesn't have soo much improvement visual too in movie other than resolution... better watch series TBH... it's just more well paced and give you god tier cliffhanger and you can take a rest between middle arc....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 11, 2016 9:20 PM

Oct 2015
Kuma said:
sorry, i feel the movie desn't give the same impact as series has... there is also doesn't have soo much improvement visual too in movie other than resolution... better watch series TBH... it's just more well paced and give you god tier cliffhanger and you can take a rest between middle arc....

Well, I'm currently at episode 95, and I'm planning to watch the Shinsengumi Arc in one go. So cliffhangers between episode wouldn't matter, or will they?
Hisoka said:
Illumi said:
May 11, 2016 9:25 PM

Mar 2014
I haven't watched either episode but the arc the second episode readapts (Four Devas arc) is in HD, since starting from Gintama', every season is HD.
May 11, 2016 9:25 PM

Mar 2015
One said:
Kuma said:

Well, I'm currently at episode 95, and I'm planning to watch the Shinsengumi Arc in one go. So cliffhangers between episode wouldn't matter, or will they?
ehhmm... well TBH, those clifhanger and recap with goat OST is really impactful... it's just doesn't feel same in movie...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 11, 2016 9:33 PM

Oct 2015
Kuma said:
One said:

ehhmm... well TBH, those clifhanger and recap with goat OST is really impactful... it's just doesn't feel same in movie...

Oh okay. Thank you for the quick replies again.
Hisoka said:
Illumi said:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama : Yorinuki Gintama-san on Theater 2D Episode 2 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jan 19, 2014

12 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 26, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Gintama : Yorinuki Gintama-san on Theater 2D Episode 1 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jan 19, 2014

11 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 26, 2023 1:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.