Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2016 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sweet, we are getting a duel this episode after all.

The cards that Yuya's "unknown opponent" used are quite nostalgic. Nice to see fusion and the hero theme being played in Arc-V. I really wish they used some of the OST from GX. Nice stuff, really enjoyed the duel and Yuya was able to bring out quite the firepower with his Rebellion Dragon combo. Really glad to see Edo Phoenix!
May 8, 2016 2:00 AM
Jun 2011
this was intense dual and dark rebellion upgrade look awesome also tie was the best results for their first dual
May 8, 2016 2:08 AM

May 2013
This episode...I didn't expected a draw from this duel but its amazing
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 8, 2016 3:36 AM
Apr 2013
I-I'm so happy watching this episode...! And as I expected, a rank up magic! Furthermore...Yuto and Yuya were...! I really don't know how to describe this episode with words! It's just too great! And finally another Duel that ended with a draw. It's been a so long since Gongenzaka vs Yaiba.
May 8, 2016 3:58 AM
Dec 2011
Finally, a more usable Dark Rebellion Upgrade and the Rank-Up-Magic that we've been expecting. And Edo has Simle World too... I like that he uses new Destiny HEROes. His Fusion is nice, but average. At least it is a perfect counter to Dark Rebellion. And finally, a DRAW!

Akira Ishida is so cool.

Also, I don't want this to become like Zexal... Yuya getting all the upgrades and all of the other characters constantly losing. I mean, the guy has 2 Fusion upgrades of his ace, Xyz-Pendulum and Rank-Up Xyz upgrade of Dark Rebellion, and a Synchro-Pendulum upgrade of his alternative ace. Just too much in my opinion...

One last edit:
WithdrawnMay 8, 2016 4:09 AM
May 8, 2016 5:07 AM
May 2016
where are you guys watching the episodes?
May 8, 2016 5:38 AM
Apr 2013
player37r83er said:
where are you guys watching the episodes?

Watched it on a website that provides a Live stream, watch it at the same time as Japan:

http://mov3.co/en/tvtokyo/
May 8, 2016 5:41 AM
Apr 2013
Tigardrenalin said:
Finally, a more usable Dark Rebellion Upgrade and the Rank-Up-Magic that we've been expecting. And Edo has Simle World too... I like that he uses new Destiny HEROes. His Fusion is nice, but average. At least it is a perfect counter to Dark Rebellion. And finally, a DRAW!

Akira Ishida is so cool.

Also, I don't want this to become like Zexal... Yuya getting all the upgrades and all of the other characters constantly losing. I mean, the guy has 2 Fusion upgrades of his ace, Xyz-Pendulum and Rank-Up Xyz upgrade of Dark Rebellion, and a Synchro-Pendulum upgrade of his alternative ace. Just too much in my opinion...

One last edit:

Unfortunately Sawatari and Gongenzaka seems they will end up that way...considering the spoiler of episode 108.
May 8, 2016 1:32 PM
Apr 2013
The thing is Sawatari and Gongenzaka are just kind of there. It's really hard for them to shine on their own because they don't have a cause to fight for. They weren't given any struggle, and they just tag along because their friends asked them to.

And now they don't matter because there's only so much time to go around for Shun and 4 different flavors of Yuya and Yuzu and other strong rival characters.
DeathsaurusMay 8, 2016 1:36 PM
May 8, 2016 4:23 PM
Sep 2015
Yuto seemingly possessing Yuya is an interesting twist, wonder if it converges with the manga in any form. There's definitely a conflict between Edo and Yusho, beyond Yusho being an enemy to Academia. Also glad to see that Yuya finally receives an upgrade for Dark Rebellion. Next episode: Ultimate Falcon gets its debuted budget against Galaxy Eyes. Also it's seemingly more and more likely that we're just not getting an ending this season.
richi1234May 8, 2016 4:36 PM
May 8, 2016 5:30 PM
Nov 2012
Still can't believe they are still using that ending. It was nice to see Yuto having more of a role.

Seeing Edo using his D heroes sure brought back some memories.
May 8, 2016 5:37 PM
Apr 2013
richi1234 said:
Yuto seemingly possessing Yuya is an interesting twist, wonder if it converges with the manga in any form. There's definitely a conflict between Edo and Yusho, beyond Yusho being an enemy to Academia. Also glad to see that Yuya finally receives an upgrade for Dark Rebellion. Next episode: Ultimate Falcon gets its debuted budget against Galaxy Eyes. Also it's seemingly more and more likely that we're just not getting an ending this season.

I think Yuto is truly possessing Yuya, not just seemingly. And this is the first time seeing Yuto possessing Yuya while they're not berserk. I wonder if Yuto will do this again in later episodes...

I heard rumours that the movie advertisement will last until the end of this month, which means the ED video clip will appear next month at episode 108. This is just a rumour though, so I won't expect anything from it. I already stop expecting to get any.
May 8, 2016 5:42 PM
Jul 2015
Yuto has completely lost his cool and was extremely pissed of in this episode and he blamed everything for himself what happen to his friends i liked how he possed yuya that was a intresting twist.Ruris voice is great and more matured than her counterparts hope we get to see her and rin soon. edos debut was disappointment to me and his cards are also dissapionting. they could have brought back ryo or manjoume in arc v instead of edo.
May 8, 2016 9:53 PM
Sep 2015
Frost190 said:
richi1234 said:

I think Yuto is truly possessing Yuya, not just seemingly. And this is the first time seeing Yuto possessing Yuya while they're not berserk. I wonder if Yuto will do this again in later episodes...

I heard rumours that the movie advertisement will last until the end of this month, which means the ED video clip will appear next month at episode 108. This is just a rumour though, so I won't expect anything from it. I already stop expecting to get any.

It'll be a shame if we don't have an ending, the ending OST goes really well with the current season in Heartland.
May 9, 2016 12:00 AM
Apr 2013
richi1234 said:
Frost190 said:

It'll be a shame if we don't have an ending, the ending OST goes really well with the current season in Heartland.

True, since this is with Shun we're talking about, the possibilities is 99% he will do it again. But maybe this time with Yuya's permission.

I agree with you. The ED song really fits with the atmosphere of Heartland and all compared to the OP. But I've decided to stop expecting anything so it will lessen my disappointment just in case.
May 9, 2016 2:45 AM

Feb 2013
Edo appeared, the fight was ok.
May 9, 2016 4:32 AM

Mar 2012
The sub are fast this time but the font size suck.

On the episode itself it is awesome. XYZ Dimension arc have been pretty hype so far. Hope the momentum won't go down anytime soon.

saeryukgki said:
Yuto has completely lost his cool and was extremely pissed of in this episode and he blamed everything for himself what happen to his friends i liked how he possed yuya that was a intresting twist.Ruris voice is great and more matured than her counterparts hope we get to see her and rin soon. edos debut was disappointment to me and his cards are also dissapionting. they could have brought back ryo or manjoume in arc v instead of edo.
Edo is better. He didn't spam CED over and over again.

Though if there are Kaiser he will be on Asuka side.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 9, 2016 7:46 AM

Jul 2015
saeryukgki said:
they could have brought back ryo or manjoume in arc v instead of edo.

Yeah, I'd love to see Cyber End Dragon again! And have that go against Kaito's Cyber deck... Fanboy squeal!!
May 9, 2016 12:36 PM
Apr 2013
lol Edo teleported Yusho to Fusion Dimension, and he himself doesn't even know and is just blindly searching for Yusho in xyx? I thought he was supposed to be smart.
May 9, 2016 2:32 PM

May 2014
The episode was so hype! Really excited to see more of Edo and Asuka.
Also, looking forward to see how these cards translate in the Destiny Soliders Special booster set.

May 9, 2016 6:05 PM
Apr 2013
Deathsaurus said:
lol Edo teleported Yusho to Fusion Dimension, and he himself doesn't even know and is just blindly searching for Yusho in xyx? I thought he was supposed to be smart.

I can only think he sent him by accident without he himself realizing.
May 9, 2016 9:17 PM
Nov 2013
I don't think Aster hates Yuusho....Is it just me or did he not mention carding anyone at all? Furthermore at the end his lower lip quivers.....is it anger or....sadness?

Maybe I'm reading way too into this, but it seems Aster began to see Yuusho as a father figure. He looks really sad at the end when he couldn't capture Yuya. Unlike just having hatred like a blonde guy (Kaito).
May 9, 2016 10:08 PM
Apr 2013
blackhole23 said:
I don't think Aster hates Yuusho....Is it just me or did he not mention carding anyone at all? Furthermore at the end his lower lip quivers.....is it anger or....sadness?

Maybe I'm reading way too into this, but it seems Aster began to see Yuusho as a father figure. He looks really sad at the end when he couldn't capture Yuya. Unlike just having hatred like a blonde guy (Kaito).

Well, the spoiler summaries for this episode mentioned that Edo hates Yusho, and from his official character profile, Yusho's Entertainment Duel has an impact on Edo, and this is most likely part of his reason to hate Yusho.

But I do agree with you about Edo not mentioning anything about carding anyone. When he first met Yuya, instead of carding him like other Academia students (who are carding anyone on sight without a second thought), he instead question him first and even offered to help looking for his father, even though he is the Commander-in-Chief of the invasion.
May 9, 2016 10:12 PM

Mar 2012
Aster ja nai, Edo da!
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 10, 2016 12:15 AM
Dec 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Aster ja nai, Edo da!

Edo ja nai, Zura da.
Oh wait, I got that wrong, Katsura da.
May 11, 2016 6:54 PM
Sep 2012
Another great episode with another great duel. Yuya vs Aster Phoenix, Aster has some grudge again Yusho and is the the one responsible for sending him to the Fusion Dimension.

I don't know how long Yuya and Yuto are going to stay together, Yuto being in his home land watching it destroyed, I don't know how long he stand. Anyway I want Yuto to comeback in the flesh.

I thought for a moment Yuya lost, but nope it is kind of a tie. That was close.

Next episode, more Kaito angst, can Shun get him to be a team player, we will see.
May 12, 2016 9:19 PM

Dec 2009
Yuya vs. Aster, the duel ended in a tie. I have a feeling that they might duel again in the future. Yuto, calm down, displaying anger during the duel is going to make the problem worse for Yuya's need to find his father and Aster's dislike/hate for Yusho. Cool, Dark rebellion dragon upgrade, wonder if the other 2 dragons will get an upgrade excluding Odd Eyes Pendulum dragon.
pokegirlMay 12, 2016 9:27 PM
May 12, 2016 9:37 PM
Apr 2013
pokegirl said:
Yuya vs. Aster, the duel ended in a tie. I have a feeling that they might duel again in the future. Yuto, calm down, displaying anger during the duel is going to make the problem worse for Yuya's need to find his father and Aster's dislike/hate for Yusho. Cool, Dark rebellion dragon upgrade, wonder if the other 2 dragons will get an upgrade excluding Odd Eyes Pendulum dragon.

Clear Wing Synchro Dragon already got an upgrade during Yugo vs Serena, which is Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon. That only leaves Yuri.
May 14, 2016 8:12 AM

Sep 2011
Frost190 said:
Clear Wing Synchro Dragon already got an upgrade during Yugo vs Serena, which is Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon. That only leaves Yuri.

I'm still supporting the theory that Starve Venom is the upgraded version of whatever dragon Yuri first had. :P
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

May 14, 2016 8:54 AM
Apr 2013
Rejoice for Yugo fans out there...!

May 14, 2016 3:16 PM
May 2016
Eh, Yugo again? I wonder when Yuya will finally fuse with all his doppelgangers

Please let the Yuzu doppelgangers like Serena stay because they're too cute to be one person

Aster/or let's call 'im the cooler name in jp, Edo Phoenix is gonna become part of Yuya's allies, I can feel it. But if they go with the total enemy part, I'll be for it too
May 14, 2016 5:53 PM
Apr 2013
mari7 said:
Eh, Yugo again? I wonder when Yuya will finally fuse with all his doppelgangers

Please let the Yuzu doppelgangers like Serena stay because they're too cute to be one person

You don't want Yuzu and her counterparts to be one person, but you don't mind if Yuya fuse with all his counterparts? Why is that?
May 15, 2016 7:17 PM

Oct 2011
EDO <33333

Whoa he hates Yushou OMG
May 22, 2016 8:16 AM

Jan 2013
Another character from the GX series, Edo!
I wonder if we'll actually see Yugi and Kaiba, wouldnt be surprised.
Jul 20, 2016 5:55 PM

Apr 2007
ANOTHER ONE! COME ON!

Epic Ishida Akira. What an awesome episode, surly thanks to Yuto controlling Yuya. He should do that more often. Now with Edo, I imagined him as a hero in the Xyz Dimension, you know saving people despite being from a different dimension, but I was way off. This should be fun :v

And Yuto's Dark Requiem looks beautiful. I love those stained glass wings.
Nov 20, 2016 8:52 PM

Dec 2012
So Yusho got transported by accident.

Funny as hell that this unknown person assumed that Yuya was duelist when he didn't have a duel disk on him.

Unknown guy and Yuya begin duel.

*Duel vs screen says "Unknown"*

Me: So why didn't they do that with Asuka? She didn't reveal her name until after the duel.

There we go. They finally did it. Yuto actually imitated Dark Yugi.

Fucking Action card saving Yuya. smh

Dark Requiem XYZ Dragon? I'm pretty sure Yuya didn't have that in his deck prior to the duel.

Duel ends in a draw thanks to a card that Unknown had from his hand, which was in his deck.

Wait...Unknown is Edo? Oh, snap! Edo is back.

1,500th post.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 24, 2018 12:42 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
OMG IT'S ASTER PHOENIX !!!!!! WHAT AN EPIC DUEL !!!!!!!!!! YUTO PLAYS LIKE A BADASS
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 4, 2020 5:01 PM

Feb 2014
The guy using Destiny Heroes is revealed to be Aster Phoenix, obviously.
Feb 28, 2023 11:36 PM
Feb 2023
So far this yugioh series is a master piece. as im on 104 i cant say anything about the ending i been hearing bad things about. but i love pendulum cards and it makes me love them even more. and i love how they use all card types equally (except ritual but we got to see that with alexis). also the characters are amazing to me. my favorites being sora yuto serena and yuzu (my zuzu LMAO) but so far this is a 9 out of 10. and the only duel i didnt like was the one between the chef duelist and yuya. but besides that everything has been amazing.
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Mar 2020
i was almost dropping out of my chair when he summoned a d-hero, despite being obv from title i didn't expected Aster to be in xyz dimension

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.