Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 2, 2016 5:50 AM

Jul 2009
They touched on this ever so slightly in the 2nd season of the anime and since they never went in depth, and I was curious, I figured I'd ask people who read the LN.

.. Although I don't know if it's the same in the LN, I thought I'd ask anyways..
How long does the gate stay connected between 2 worlds? The gate that connects Japan to the other world is the same one that explains why the numerous races exist on the planet. It makes me wonder if the gate will close and the JSDF there would get stuck, never able to return home.
Mar 30, 2017 4:08 PM
Dec 2016
kyled00m said:
They touched on this ever so slightly in the 2nd season of the anime and since they never went in depth, and I was curious, I figured I'd ask people who read the LN.

.. Although I don't know if it's the same in the LN, I thought I'd ask anyways..
How long does the gate stay connected between 2 worlds? The gate that connects Japan to the other world is the same one that explains why the numerous races exist on the planet. It makes me wonder if the gate will close and the JSDF there would get stuck, never able to return home.

Anime actually skipped a little bit of story. You can read it in manga tho. But basically, in manga they met with Hardy (she looks like a woman, even though in some translations, they used "him"). And Hardy was creator of The Gate. Also that earthquake was caused by Hardy. And she woke up the red dragon. Just for fun. And also she needs some help but it wasn't specified in manga yet. Oh and I forgot to say that Hardy is b**ch.
Jun 18, 2017 5:10 AM

Sep 2015
I love the anime and the manga, but I didn't read the LN, so I don't understand one thing:
how was the Empire so well prepared when the GATE appeared? Informing their allies and gathering a whole army, normally this would take days I guess! And yet, in Japan, the GATE suddenly appeared, and even before anyone had the chance to check it out, out of it comes a whole medival fantasy army...
Did Hardy inform the Empire that the GATE will appear? Were they aware of it, because it appears at an exact time every xxx years? Was the GATE in Tokyo for a couple of days with no one checking it out? Is it just a plot hole? lol
Aug 31, 2017 2:35 AM
Aug 2017
m3g4k4z1 said:
I love the anime and the manga, but I didn't read the LN, so I don't understand one thing:
how was the Empire so well prepared when the GATE appeared? Informing their allies and gathering a whole army, normally this would take days I guess! And yet, in Japan, the GATE suddenly appeared, and even before anyone had the chance to check it out, out of it comes a whole medival fantasy army...
Did Hardy inform the Empire that the GATE will appear? Were they aware of it, because it appears at an exact time every xxx years? Was the GATE in Tokyo for a couple of days with no one checking it out? Is it just a plot hole? lol

Correct me if I'm wrong.
In the manga when they meet Hardy, she said that she create a way for both world to be connected, but it was to small. Sometime after that The Empire notice it, but since it was to small they need to build a gate so their army can pass it. While their "worker" build the gate, The Empire assemble an expeditionary force, not whole army and they also don't inform any of their allies, this explain how they so well prepare.

This is just my assumption, but when the gate complete they make the gate as some sort of medium to enlarge the hole and in the same time in Tokyo the hole that once so small that no one notice transform into a gate make it look like it just suddenly appeared, while it actually been there for some time.
Aug 31, 2017 3:39 AM

Sep 2015
TheSilverPhantom said:
m3g4k4z1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.
In the manga when they meet Hardy, she said that she create a way for both world to be connected, but it was to small. Sometime after that The Empire notice it, but since it was to small they need to build a gate so their army can pass it. While their "worker" build the gate, The Empire assemble an expeditionary force, not whole army and they also don't inform any of their allies, this explain how they so well prepare.

This is just my assumption, but when the gate complete they make the gate as some sort of medium to enlarge the hole and in the same time in Tokyo the hole that once so small that no one notice transform into a gate make it look like it just suddenly appeared, while it actually been there for some time.

Yes, in chapter 58 she said that the Empire's magicians actually made the gate so big. I wonder how small it was that no one in Tokyo noticed it... so you're probably right: since the empire actually activated the gate, they could've prepared an expedition-army. And since they were wiped out, they couldn't close it again and the JSDF took it. (btw, that magical device is the gate itself I guess)

Hmm, so the gate was actually open before that, I wonder if someone noticed it before - maybe later they will meet someone who entered the gate weeks or months before anyone else...?
Nov 25, 2017 6:45 AM
Apr 2013
m3g4k4z1 said:
TheSilverPhantom said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, in chapter 58 she said that the Empire's magicians actually made the gate so big. I wonder how small it was that no one in Tokyo noticed it... so you're probably right: since the empire actually activated the gate, they could've prepared an expedition-army. And since they were wiped out, they couldn't close it again and the JSDF took it. (btw, that magical device is the gate itself I guess)

Hmm, so the gate was actually open before that, I wonder if someone noticed it before - maybe later they will meet someone who entered the gate weeks or months before anyone else...?

that is explains why there noriko's wanted posters at the beginning of the anime. She was the one who went through the gate first and enslaved by empire.
Nov 30, 2017 3:31 AM

Sep 2015
Yeah... the poster can be seen in episode 14 (~21:13) in a flashback, and it's not explained well but I think they said Noriko was missing before the gate appeared, and her family was spotted during the attack. She said she was with her boyfriend, so they were the "lucky ones" who <for whatever reason> went through the gate way before the attack. Then they were captured by the empire and one of them probably told them about the gate... the empire gathered all troops - maybe the timing was just right or they manually activated the gate just by being there or using magic - and they started their attack.

How and why only those few people went through the gate... I don't know, but rather than the gate being small, maybe it was just visible for certain people (will Noriko be important later?). You can see how the girl in episode 1 noticed the gate while it was translucent, and no one else noticed it.

More topics from this board

» Main Character Itami

zxcvb321 - Nov 25, 2023

0 by zxcvb321 »»
Nov 25, 2023 8:43 PM

» I heard there is squeal novel but i can not find it.

audac1ous - Jun 20, 2019

2 by thedestroyership »»
May 27, 2020 8:38 PM

» Rora relationship

Altay545 - Dec 7, 2017

5 by Goldenarrow7778 »»
Apr 15, 2019 8:08 AM

» GATE Novel Sequel

BlackFIFA19 - Sep 27, 2017

2 by BlackFIFA19 »»
Dec 21, 2017 11:52 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Volume 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
Apr 14, 2016 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.