Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 17, 2016 2:30 PM

Apr 2016
I know they are just supposed to be an accessory and help in giving his character a distinguished look, but why headphones? Give him a scarf or maybe a cap, if you wanted an accessory. I doubt he ever listens to music. It most likely even impedes his superhuman hearing. I know it is a very minor non-issue, but it annoys me for some reason. Does it annoy anyone else?
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Apr 20, 2016 2:48 PM
Mar 2015
bikers123 said:
I know they are just supposed to be an accessory and help in giving his character a distinguished look, but why headphones? Give him a scarf or maybe a cap, if you wanted an accessory. I doubt he ever listens to music. It most likely even impedes his superhuman hearing. I know it is a very minor non-issue, but it annoys me for some reason. Does it annoy anyone else?

Since you can't read volume 3 due to it being taken down, I will spoil it for you. The headphones were made by Izayoi's foster brother. Izayoi said he would wear it to sort of advertise the item. He was basically modeling the headphones for someone he cares for. The headphones are the first major clue about his past and his nature towards those closest to him. The headphones also serve as a hint towards little brother's ability and foreshadow an event that is later proven in the light novels.

A cap would look stupid on Izayoi. I seriously cannot see it as being part of his character.

Same with a piece of jewelry. He isn't the type to be interested in that sort of stuff.

A scarf.....I can see that but it wouldn't really add to his character. It would be something added onto him that makes his design seem....incomplete instead of complete.

The headphones add to his character because it helps to make him unique and the headphones serve as a sort of major plot point. Yes a scarf could serve a similar purpose....well not really given the fact that an electronic device is needed to be the hint.
dragoonlunaApr 20, 2016 2:54 PM
Apr 20, 2016 4:04 PM

Apr 2016
Oh, so there is a reason as to why he wears it. Good to know. Thanks for the info. It's just that it never comes up and nobody in the anime finds it weird that he wears them all the time.
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

196 by Fazewally »»
Apr 2, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2013

348 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 10, 2023 6:17 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2013

128 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:24 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2013

111 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2013

110 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.