Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 10, 2016 5:45 PM
Jul 2018
Let's have one of these.

Just finished the main VNs at 100% a few days ago, and I was washed away the whole evening after, then headed to the anime adaption of Total Eclipse, which was quite good, even though it wasn't developed very far it seems. (Didn't get my hands on the VN, yet. I have to wait to experience the real ending, it seems.)
Anyway, given the art & action scenes it was very much fun for me. Mechs and BETA were awesome to look at, which made me think: Why hasn't there been an anime of ALTERNATIVE in these ten years?

Some ideas for it to make it a successful series:
Extra could be ~15 episodes.
Unlimited should be ~20 episodes.
Alternative should be ~50 episodes.

Plot could be:
EXTRA (Sumika-Route)

Opening:
"MUV-LUV" (GAME SIZE) by Minami Kuribayashi (episodes 2-15)
ED:
"MUV-LUV" (GAME SIZE) by Minami Kuribayashi (episode 1)
âge would know... - Sōtaisei Riron/Etsuko Yakushimaru, maybe? (episode 2-14)
"I Will" by Minami Kuribayashi (episode 15)
Rating: Teens
Genres: Comedy, drama, harem, ecchi, sports, mystery

UNLIMITED (Meiya-Route)

OP:
âge really would know...
ED:
âge would totally know...
"Song of a Faraway Homeland" by Minami Kuribayashi (episode 25)
Rating: Teens
Genres: Comedy, action, mecha, drama, mystery, ecchi

ALTERNATIVE

OP:
"Asu e no Houkou" by JAM Project (episode 1-)
ED:
âge would know... for sure. (episode 1-)
"Wings" by JAM Project (episode 28)
"Carry on" by Masaaki Endoh (episode 41)
"MUV-LUV" by Minami Kuribayashi (episode 47)
"Datte MUV-LUV (Daisuki) Nandamon" by Minami Kuribayashi (episode 48)
Rating: Adult (uncensored, but with less or without h-scenes)
Genres: Action, mecha, psychological, drama, comedy, (horror, splatter)

Now I can only pray.
Come on, âge, make it happen, please.

I'd love them to just adapt the VN to anime since it was a masterpiece.
In case I missed some plot, I just forgot to add it since I've wrote this post without a break.

Feel free to discuss.
removed-userApr 11, 2016 1:14 PM
Apr 18, 2016 3:23 AM
May 2013
I heard Koki Yoshimune wanted to do a 1 cour for Extra/Unlimited , 2 cours for Alternative and few (1-3 , can't remember) movies for the ending .

He got an offer to make an anime for Alternative but it got cancelled .
I quote :"We actually had an offer to make an anime out of Muv-­Luv Alternative from another 3rd party company, and it was affected greatly by the events of the world during those 3 years of development. Major earthquakes, tsunamis, and an anti-­Japan movement in China forced us to change the scenario. At the end of it, the anime was cancelled. We could’ve released it without all the rewriting… but look at the results, the final product is a lot better after all that work! "

You can read the article here
Apr 18, 2016 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
@Zarnaav: Thanks for this interesting interview!

"If they'd care about traumatized humans, then why did they release such tragic stories in the first place?" - Bad jokes aside.
So it was planned - but abandoned... Now, this is bad, although it's understandable in a way.
I really hope, they'll continue it/start over, though, after all these translations and Schwarzesmarken II release, because I don't think mentioned scenes would have more impact than the finale on these people (anymore) since they weren't really extended in the VN beside Mt. Tengen [earthquake] >> Sadogashima. [tsunami - only mentioned(?)]

And I can wait as long as it'll ever come out - the VN was amazing, but imagining it fully animated in 1080p+ would be a dream come true - and of course I'll enjoy KGNE and the other visual novels first, when translated.

One more question regarding the kickstarter: I only discovered this series back then when there were only a few days left of it, by accident after watching KGNE anime, and I was all out of money. Wish I'd just overdraw my account to death, bro...
// Is there still a way to get the fully translated physical CE of the trilogy for PSV or PC?//
I already wrote TheMuvLuvTeam a week ago (11th), but they haven't answered nor read the message yet.

インディゴデイズ
removed-userMay 12, 2017 2:06 AM
Apr 18, 2016 11:12 AM
May 2013
@Indigo-san
Sorry I don't know about another way to get the fully translated trilogy , unless you don't want to wait for the official release , I wish you good luck.
Oct 28, 2016 3:19 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
With luck the english release will bring many more people into the series and we will get to see a proper anime, that respects the series, MLA 2 core? No we need way more episodes to it!
Mar 20, 2017 3:39 AM

Sep 2014
Way too long on Extra/Unlimited. Your entire Unlimited Day 1 is like 10 minutes at best animated. Muv Luv's structure is pretty hard to fit into a 13/26 cour format, especially because 13 is way too long for Extra.

Extra + Unlimited: 2 cour of 13 episodes each. 4-6 for Extra, ending with the hotspring trip. Takeru wakes up the next day with the dream, straight into Unlimited. OP change, still keep the old theme song. Cut lacrosse, cut some valgernon. Early Meiya point, shifting back to Sumika toward the end, keep it balanced.

Do all the character intro in the first episode, ending with Sumika discovering Meiya is living in Takeru's house. Fit in some of Yuuko's rambling, but tune it out (Shirogane not paying attention), only fitting in some hint about parallel world. Have the cooking battle by episode 3, and onsen at 5-6. Half a cour is enough for Extra to introduce the rest of the characters.

Unlimited: the rest of the episode counts.

Alternative: 4 cours + 1 movie.

First cour: basic training redux, 12/5 incident.

Second cour: PTSD, Extra redux, ends with 00 Unit appearance

Third cour: Sadogashima, ends with Captain Isumi's funeral service

Final cour: Yokohoma Base defense, preparation for Operation Cherry Blossom

Movie: Operation Cherry Blossom. 2-3 hours
Nov 2, 2019 1:50 PM
Jan 2018
Well.... Its an actual thing now.
Dec 24, 2021 9:58 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
you got your monkey paw adaption lol
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Chapter 28 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jul 27, 2015

0 by -Karoshi- »»
Jul 27, 2015 11:18 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Chapter 27 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jul 27, 2015

0 by -Karoshi- »»
Jul 27, 2015 11:13 PM

» Original Muv Luv Chapters?

JhysenTheAsian - Feb 3, 2015

1 by Playcool »»
Mar 11, 2015 9:21 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Chapter 26 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jan 24, 2015

0 by -Karoshi- »»
Jan 24, 2015 8:41 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Chapter 25 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 23, 2014

1 by Playcool »»
Nov 8, 2014 9:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.