Forum Settings
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2016 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I only needed one volume to put this LN among my favorites, this novel is a work of art, Holo was an excellent female lead (one of the best actually) and Lawrence was really likeable, I loved their interactions and nearly everything about this novel (except for the storytelling, too much archaic' words for me). Definitely worth the hype - Vol. score: 4/5.
Jan 14, 2017 4:53 AM

Oct 2016
Nick-Knight said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
I only needed one volume to put this LN among my favorites, this novel is a work of art, Holo was an excellent female lead (one of the best actually) and Lawrence was really likeable, I loved their interactions and nearly everything about this novel (except for the storytelling, too much archaic' words for me). Definitely worth the hype - Vol. score: 4/5.

I finished vol 1 and I'm reading vol 2 now. Glad to find someone else who is reading the novels.

Yeah there are some big words. That is not necessary is it? xD

Edit: I already watched the anime a long time ago. It is good.

Do you like apples?

Yuki_NonakaJan 14, 2017 4:57 AM
May 2, 2018 5:05 PM

Sep 2017
Good first volume. Summarizes first 6 episodes of the anime.

Looks like Law made his profit by dealing with Medio after all.(Deal with 1000 silver coins). The light novel is more clearer than the anime. And hence the name spice and wolf. A merchant met a wolf by chance which promised him a cartload of spices. Looks like he will have spice and wolf from now on.

4/5.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 20, 2023 4:58 AM

Sep 2017
Reply to Yuki_Nonaka
Nick-Knight said:

I finished vol 1 and I'm reading vol 2 now. Glad to find someone else who is reading the novels.

Yeah there are some big words. That is not necessary is it? xD

Edit: I already watched the anime a long time ago. It is good.

Do you like apples?

@Yuki_Nonaka Lol more like how do u like them apples.

lawrence was overreacting a bit for gettin swindled by zheren.

and the world of merchant trading is harsh. its a wolves eat wolves world. u either profit or threaten someone like lawrence does , no place for sheep.

yeah in rereading, it is just a bit of currency speculation, i dont think zheren would have made some money to lawrence if any coins value came down rather than go up.

oh yeah, things i forgot, there was holo
. reminded me of useless goddess aqua.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 23, 2023 9:42 PM

Dec 2022
“I’ll always remember that you chose me.”
man i this beautiful world so much. the eternal autumn aesthetic, the ever-present apple, and finally the spice and the wolf. it seems my journey with this series will not end soon.

More topics from this board

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 4

JeremiahOrange - Nov 2, 2023

1 by TheMangaManiac »»
Mar 8, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 3 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 19, 2015

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:32 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 2 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 17, 2015

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:52 AM

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 6

JeremiahOrange - Nov 6, 2023

0 by JeremiahOrange »»
Nov 6, 2023 5:46 AM

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 5

JeremiahOrange - Nov 2, 2023

0 by JeremiahOrange »»
Nov 2, 2023 10:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.