Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 5, 2016 4:35 AM

Jan 2011
I was hesitant, but this is a marked improvement over the previous season of Crystal.

Master Pharaoh 90? When NPCs call you by your gamertag.

I like how they treated it at perfectly normal that people are just randomly devolving into monters. Also lol at that Jupiter Coconut Cyclone.
Apr 5, 2016 5:02 AM

Jan 2013
Imeon said:
shouyo said:

finally, i've waited forever :D

Yeah, I never knew Haruka was actually a cross-dressing dude.

It isn't a dude. She's a girl cross dressing as a dude.
Apr 5, 2016 6:13 AM
May 2013
Mormegil said:
If you remember, the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal S1 looked really good, too. And then the QUALITY happened.

that's not really how i remember it actually. the warning signs were there from the beginning. some of the "QUALITY" drawings people mock actually came from ep 1. and it had some stiff animation and weird pacing.

also remember that Crystal s1 and s2 were bi-weekly ONA's given to newbie directors with a smaller budget. a lot of the animation was also done by newbies, mostly overseas at Toei Taiwan. long story short, Toei was building it on minimal budget and not giving it the treatment that it should have like they do with Precure where they have many of their top notch animators doing keys.

for whatever reason, Crystal S3 is being given a proper production. it's a broadcast quality anime given to a seasoned director and good animators. there's not much reason to believe that it will deteriorate in quality unless it goes on forever ala One Piece but i sincerely doubt that it will.

we are still talking about Toei here so anything can happen, but i'd be shocked if we saw the same low level of animation that happened with the ONA. they'd have to be completely incompetent to allow something like that to happen again.
Apr 5, 2016 6:49 AM

May 2010
I'm gonna suffer, but ye here we go. The OP is fun, too. I'm surprised Toei learned their lesson... Can I place my hopes in it, I wonder.

The lesbo couple is here, too. Wow, this time they didn't kid about it, love it. Everyone somes so alive, and not just copy-paste boring cardboards selves as they were in S1. Damn, I'm starting to feel hyped again.

No more cgi, cleanly and beautifully animated transformations! The girls are actually interacting and having fun! 10/10 dammit, this better continus to be like this! I feel so nostalgic even though it's been only 4-5 years since I watched it (unlike the people who watched it while it was airing, it's not that long) H...hyped!

]Venus is finally being her best girl self gah
Apr 5, 2016 7:02 AM
Mar 2008
OK, now i have to ask: Why the hell didnt Toei do this from the beginning?
I didnt want to watch this becauuse of the crap called "Sailor Moon Crystal", but hearing the improvements, i got curious. And THIS is it. Why only now?
Was Toei trying to piss people off? Was Toei using its audience to learn how far they can go on pissing us off? What was the point of that? Was the reason behind the shitty Season I and II the fact that those were ONA and Season III is TV?
And this is me, a guy ranting about that, a person who is not a fan of Sailor Moon at all but still watches it for nostalgia. And even i felt insulted with season I and II.

But now, its all good..............until now.
Way better designs, no 2.5D crappy transformations, Rei, Makoto, etc arent just puppets this time around and have an actual personality, even Usagi here uses more her personality from the original anime (never red the manga), so...............almost all good.
Almost because there is one think that pisses me off: The Opening. Yeah, girly is one thing, but they go full childish girly here. Whats up with that? I asked myself if i am now watching something like DoReMi or in fact Sailor Moon. That OP doesnt fit at all. The ED was way better.
In conclusion until now: Yeah, Toei learned a lot it seems. On that regard, they deserve some kind of respect.
Apr 5, 2016 7:36 AM

Sep 2015
the fact that toei was coming out with another season of crystal, the death busters arc, nonetheless, terrified me at first as it's my favorite part of the sailor moon series as a whole, but this (so far) has done it SO much justice and i couldn't be happier (so far)

i'm so glad they deicded to have haruka show as indefinitely male as well, and michiru and harukas relationship comes across so nicely on screen too, they just seem so compatible (as they should) i'm just so pleased with everything about them, i can't wait to see more, neptune best girl, shes so beautiful and elegant omg ;-;
the characters personalities are a HUUGE step up from season I
well
i mean
everything is a huge step up from season I
go compare the art pls. it's laughable at the difference

but the girls individual personalities SHINE through and i lovelovelove it.
usagi's cheerful airheadedness, rei's more seductiveness and quick-wit, ami being a gentle angel, makoto is really easygoing but powerful (she reminds me of a friend, like to the t, theyre so similar), and of course her fangirling over haruka with minako who has probably the best personality of the bunch, shes so bubbly and romantic and amusing, and NONE of this, imo, really came through in crystal before now.

not to mention the transformations are beautiful, THIS is what really kinda brought me back and made me almost...appreciate this series more? unlike in season I, i was kinda disappointed when they transformed, and i didn't get that exciting, almost dreamy feeling like in the original series, but here, i definitely did.
i really really hope it doesn't start going downhill but my obsessive expectations are through the fucking roof

tldr: it was gorgeous and 1000x better than season I and i'm in love with every girl go watch it now

talk me down
safe & sound
too strung up
to sleep
⋯⋯ ⋯⋯
overground,
watch this space
i'm open to
falling from grace

Apr 5, 2016 9:42 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
omg yes the crappy CGI transformations are GONE!

so glad!
Apr 5, 2016 10:30 AM

Jul 2007
I dropped SMC after they made a freaking joke out of the manga's first story arc completely ruining it all both by awful censorship and awful strange anime only alterations like altering the way generals die(thus altering the WHOLE tone of the whole story and the characterization of main characters) and then taking away Venus crowning moment of awesome.

Got to watch this because friends kept saying this improved a lot over SMC travesty.

Well, nope.
- Opening is absolutely not fitting. For a story arc like this, I expected something menacing and dark. Instead I go a cute loveydovey song that would, for the lack of the better words fit the previous series more than SMC or manga. This is NOT the OP that should be used for Sailor Moon if they were intent on following the manga(which so far they took a LOT of liberties with for the worse in the first SMC season)
- The newish character designs look a off. They don't look that different from the manga yet it is clear they are trying a lot to imitate the previous god awful SM adaptation from 90's with them. Not a fan. Only Haruka and Michiru look somewhat decent. Then again both SMC and these designs look meh, just for different reasons so...
- Despite new designs the animation is still awful and stiff and the character designs still full of QUALITY moments.
- Literally nothing in the episode felt natural. It was a very dry episode in terms of adapting the manga. The animation "quality" did not help with that.

I guess people overhyped this "improving". This no longer looks or feels like absolute ass that SMC first season was, but it is still way too subpar and way too below the quality of the manga to bother watching. Overall instead of actually improving this feels more like adding bits of pandering to 90's show than actually making an adaptation the manga deserves.
Dropped.

Oh well, I still have the manga. Hopefully ten more years after someone competent(read: NOT TOEI) will pick up the manga and adapt it giving the adaptation the style and darkness it deserves.
AhenshihaelApr 5, 2016 10:39 AM
Apr 5, 2016 11:41 AM

Oct 2009
What a huge improvement. I'm content for now. The CGI transformations are gone and that was my biggest complaint. The new transformations are gorgeous and a great homage to the classic ones.
Apr 5, 2016 11:58 AM

Oct 2015
Yey! I was expecting this season. I love the transformation sequences; although not so much the new design of Mamoru and Ami (I liked the glasses). It also seems that the script is modified to more closely resemble the series of 90. The opening is cute but not shocking and ending reminds me Utena (xD)
PS had loliyuri in the opening?
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Apr 5, 2016 12:00 PM

Oct 2014
This is better than expected.

Animation is actually good, no more CGI in the transformations(Shida did a great job with them).

Helps that the new director is a woman and wanted no CGI for SMC Season 3.

Junko did a very good job voicing Haruka.

Yay for Usagis friends being useful instead of being laid out on the ground like a bunch of Yamchas.

Apr 5, 2016 12:52 PM
Aug 2011
Didn't expect such positive reception.
The change in artstyle and staff is welcomed. (YES the ugly lips are gone, I really disliked them)
I was going to avoid this like the plague but I might have to pick it up now.
Apr 5, 2016 2:35 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Now this is how Crystal should be, new transformation sequence, so amazing and impressive art. Also Saturn makes a brief cameo, anxious to see her in action.

Overall the episode was real good. It's so hard to pick on whose more beautiful, Neptune or Pluto.
Now we know Usagi is a bad driver, she doesn't brake lol
And Haruka in the game going top speed.

Apr 5, 2016 4:28 PM

Apr 2015
Forever_A said:

It isn't a dude. She's a girl cross dressing as a dude.

I was just joking. I seen the episodes of Sailormoon back like 20 years ago.

Though I knew the yuri pair quit well, I never been a fan of them. I'm just annoyed of the cross dressing and how people sees her as a man (as if she's a transsexual man) even though I don't know how they'll react when she changes to her sailor "costume".

Same goes back with Sailor moon Stars.
#CHEXIT
Apr 5, 2016 6:12 PM

Jul 2009
So far so good :)

I'm glad they finally stick to the 2D Animation. Even the transformations looks amazing!!!

I love the OP as well, done by the same person who did Arakawa Under the Bridge. Her voice is so soft and elegant. ED is also good as well!!

I'm also glad Sailor Venus and Jupiter are getting more screen time instead of just Sailor Moon all the way like the last 2 seasons did.

Keep it up!!!!!!!!
Apr 6, 2016 12:20 AM

Nov 2012
well, this was a lot better than anything in the first season of crystal. not going to get my hopes up too high yet, i just hope it continues like this.
Apr 6, 2016 12:46 AM

Feb 2010
Hahaha bye bye crappy CGI transformations, thanks Toei.. animation was good ,character design was really nice too they all have such beautiful eyes
MahadoKusanagi said:
Why the hell didnt Toei do this from the beginning?
Yeah that was such a pity, Toei didn't do this from the beginning.... at least this season is far better than before.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Apr 6, 2016 6:23 AM

Oct 2012
So much better than the first crystal. I'm happy.
Apr 6, 2016 6:32 AM

Nov 2010
most of my fears have been quashed, they're actually giving my favourite arc in the series the TLC it deserves. It's not perfect but nothing ever is and they're actually adding some slice of life character moments that the first season didn't explore. Is it just me or is Ami's hair a lot more "oomph" than before; sorry I'm not sure exactly how to articulate it. It almost feels like it is bigger or more noticeable than before, although those aren't exactly the words I want to use lol.

& YES, Hand-drawn (nonCG) transformations. I was pleasantly surprised by it.
Apr 6, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2013
Seems good, no CGI transformations and overall better animation. After the first seasons I was sceptical if I would watch this, but if it stays like this I will keep going with it.
Apr 6, 2016 8:46 AM
Oct 2008
What the... Why couldn't the first 2 seasons look this good. Holy hell I am definitely watching this season what a great start.
Apr 6, 2016 11:11 AM
Mar 2009
I''m very happy to see that Haruka's voices (Uranus) is being made by a *woman*! :D
Apr 6, 2016 3:28 PM

Sep 2015
Wow! Toei actually made a huge comeback the animation looks really good and that disgusting CG transformation scene is gone. Hopefully this continues on throughout the entire series.
Apr 7, 2016 3:48 PM

Feb 2013
Cool!! I didn't know they were continuing with the series.

And it looks like they have improved on the animation.
Apr 8, 2016 5:48 AM

Dec 2010
Fai said:
I dropped SMC after they made a freaking joke out of the manga's first story arc completely ruining it all both by awful censorship and awful strange anime only alterations like altering the way generals die(thus altering the WHOLE tone of the whole story and the characterization of main characters) and then taking away Venus crowning moment of awesome.

Got to watch this because friends kept saying this improved a lot over SMC travesty.

Well, nope.
- Opening is absolutely not fitting. For a story arc like this, I expected something menacing and dark. Instead I go a cute loveydovey song that would, for the lack of the better words fit the previous series more than SMC or manga. This is NOT the OP that should be used for Sailor Moon if they were intent on following the manga(which so far they took a LOT of liberties with for the worse in the first SMC season)
- The newish character designs look a off. They don't look that different from the manga yet it is clear they are trying a lot to imitate the previous god awful SM adaptation from 90's with them. Not a fan. Only Haruka and Michiru look somewhat decent. Then again both SMC and these designs look meh, just for different reasons so...
- Despite new designs the animation is still awful and stiff and the character designs still full of QUALITY moments.
- Literally nothing in the episode felt natural. It was a very dry episode in terms of adapting the manga. The animation "quality" did not help with that.

I guess people overhyped this "improving". This no longer looks or feels like absolute ass that SMC first season was, but it is still way too subpar and way too below the quality of the manga to bother watching. Overall instead of actually improving this feels more like adding bits of pandering to 90's show than actually making an adaptation the manga deserves.
Dropped.

Oh well, I still have the manga. Hopefully ten more years after someone competent(read: NOT TOEI) will pick up the manga and adapt it giving the adaptation the style and darkness it deserves.
The 90s anime was miles better than the manga
Apr 8, 2016 12:54 PM

Mar 2009
LittleStar said:
Awww! So pretty! *.*
Opening theme looks amazing! *.*

Minagawa Junko as Haruka is good,
but for me Ogata Megumi was better and I wish to hear her again as Haruka...
Gonna cry... ;(

Oh, I'm so ready for all Haruka/Usagi scenes *.*

Yeah! Bye, bye... stupid CGI! :P
Transformations, speech scenes/animations are beautiful! *.*
I so happy they show them at one go :D

Attacks looks so cool!
Can't wait to see others *.*

Oh, my! They go totally GL with ending theme xD
But I really liked it! *.*
Music and animation looks pretty! *.*

Anyway... this season gonna be GOOOD! *.*

I agree 100% with you !! + Sayaka Ohara as Neptune is dead for me i'm sorry but she didn't read the manga I guess, neptune voice should be more profound and sexy ! I miss Katsuki Masako :(
Apr 9, 2016 7:48 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, I'm impressed! So much better than the last season. Bye ugly CGI transformations.
I'm really happy now, hope it continues like this D:

Apr 9, 2016 3:31 PM

May 2010
I'm pretty sure everyone agree that current animation is 10 times better, it may not be groundbreaking, but it's absolutely adorable! I don't even want to remember these ugly faces from the previous season, ugh. Or the CGI, UGH.

These new animations for transformations! (*≧▽≦)
Now girls look kinda fluffy and sparkly, kawaii >w<

Also, I was really surprised by how Haruka sounds, if I didn't know, I'd be sure that she is male (ʘ‿ʘ) I've been anime fan for years, and it's been a long while since I've heard woman sounding this manly! I still miss Ogata-san, but I think I'll like this version a lot as well.
As for Michiru - sounds quite decent.

My only hope right now is that story improves a bit, I wasn't a big fan of manga version... But for now I'm pleased with direction that new SM is headed.
Apr 10, 2016 12:00 AM

Jan 2014
I'm HaruMichi trash.
Apr 10, 2016 12:59 AM

Jul 2008
Holy crap Toei listened!!!

The transformations are awesome, the pace was perfect.

Were there some flaws sure, but the fixes compared to last season completely outweigh them.

And also OUTER SENSHI!!!!
Apr 10, 2016 4:15 AM
Apr 2016
This is proving to be a great continuation of an already really great new Sailor Moon remake series ^^

I've really been looking forward to the start of this much anticipated new third season ^^
Apr 10, 2016 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
I actually prefer the old transformation scenes. The only ugly part was when they did that CG looking pose near the end. The music that went along with it was godlike.

The new transformations look great, but I didn't get the same rush of emotions.
Apr 10, 2016 5:41 PM

Oct 2008
I like the character art design better on this Crystal S3!
This show definitely centers around Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune.
Can't wait to see the upgraded Sailor Uniform outfit of Usagi! she's better looking at that seifuku!
5/5!

Apr 10, 2016 9:37 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Much of a better episode compared to the previous season. I know I will enjoy this more because of Sailor Neptune. That ending is also so Utena-ish.
Apr 11, 2016 12:15 PM

Feb 2008
Didnt watch whole ep but had to post in mid of it, did they make haruka a him in this season for some reason?
VaanLionheartApr 11, 2016 12:49 PM
Apr 11, 2016 12:25 PM

Jan 2011
VaanLionheart said:
Didnt watch whole ep but had to post in midd of it, did they make baruka a him in this season cor some reason?

Apr 11, 2016 9:08 PM

Apr 2008
About "Mr. Haruka"

Mmm....I am glad. This is definitely a step up from S1 & 2 needless to say. The CGI transformation is done with (more CGI in Usagi's failure at INITIAL D), more comedic scenes that are faithful to the manga, pretty attacks, and pretty music.

OP is just...I think I would've like it better if it wasn't attached to Sailor Moon. The opening riff was beautiful and then it just transitions into a pop vocal (IMO). Do I need to say that the ED is lovely?

Speaking of THOSE TWO! Haruka and Michiru sound good (and so does KAORINITE!)

However! Some say that HaruMichi sound the same as the previous C.V and I'm kind of offended. No idea what that means; perhaps only by career are they similar. The vocals are quite different. In fact, the sex appeal is somewhat lacking in comparison. Minagawa is somewhat close, but there isn't the gloominess of Ogata and there is a thick male voice (and PoT Ryouma's perkiness).

I guess that's all. Can't wait to see more.
Apr 12, 2016 10:38 AM

Feb 2009
I LOVE all the focus on Haruka and Michiru they are my long time OTP. And the art is driving me crazy so much better and so beautiful it's like going back to when I was 11 just discovering the sailor senshi ;_;

subarashii

Apr 17, 2016 1:06 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Animation was much more decent, although still pretty sub-par compared to modern standards. Toei needs to learn more about how to draw more consistently. I guess most talents left for other companies and all they do is cashing on old series and nostalgia.

Overall a *huge* improvement over the first season (but to be honest it couldn't have gotten worse than that). This series is actually watchable now.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 23, 2016 2:08 PM

Feb 2013
Here we go again... only watching out of obligation as a fan of the original. Plus Hotaru is in this season, so that's enough of a reason to watch.

I guess season 2 was so bad we just skipped it and went straight to season 3? Either way, wow that was corny.

Nearly 4 minutes were spend on the transformations... which just so happens, was the best part of the episode. It was interesting to see how they kept the classic elements with completely new animation. (yet I was laughing the whole time)

Haruka's a guy? ... are we going all Starlights in this version?
Apr 24, 2016 1:33 AM

Feb 2016
BurntJelly said:
Here we go again... only watching out of obligation as a fan of the original. Plus Hotaru is in this season, so that's enough of a reason to watch.

I guess season 2 was so bad we just skipped it and went straight to season 3? Either way, wow that was corny.

Nope, everything is in place so far, they just treat story arcs as seasons, so Dark Kingdom Arc = season 1, Black Moon Arc = season 2 (even though they were joined together), Death Busters Arc = season 3.

BurntJelly said:
Haruka's a guy? ... are we going all Starlights in this version?

We're going all manga in this version. :P Haruka is referred to as a man when she is introduced her.
May 10, 2016 2:36 PM

Feb 2014
Now, this is the real Sailor Moon Crystal instead of the sloppy, slow-paced Sailor Moon Crystal from season 1 & 2. The new animation is kind of moe-y but it works well on the characters. Plus, I didn't spot any animation errors! The characters actually have personalities, characterization, and depth, which is great because the main five girls are important and each deserve these.

Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune looked and sound amazing. Michiru's voice is femininely (I just think that so don't ask ^^;) and Haruka's sounds deep and tomboyish. I like the new seiyuu for both girls.

I can't wait to see the Death Busters, Hotaru, Dr, Tomoe and, hopefully, Sailor Pluto in future episodes.

And, oh yeah, I LOVED, LOVED the new transformation and attacks. A++++
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
May 15, 2016 10:03 AM

Nov 2010
Beautiful animation, loooove the new cgi-less transformations! Glad I decided to give Crystal another chance. This is so much better and giving me all of the nostalgia feelings.

Also.
Coconut. Ha.
May 20, 2016 8:36 PM

Feb 2014
Great episode! I’m really liking it so far! The new OP and ED are good. The transformations were really good and a lot better than the CGI grossness that last season used. Sailor Moon S was my second favorite season so I’m really looking forward to continuing it!

Is Sailor Uranus actually a guy until she transforms? Her voice actor sounded like a guy. But it’s been a while since I saw the original sailor moon anime so I could just be forgetting how she was introduced originally.

Lol I find it funny that they have an uneasy feeling and yet when they’re asked what’s wrong they’re like “Oh no, it’s nothing”. Like, YOU’RE FIGHTING THE FORCES OF EVIL! IF SOMETHING FEELS WRONG THEN YOU SHOULD PROBABLY TELL SOMEONE! xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2016 5:32 PM

Apr 2009
i just.. can't stop laughing at that huuuuge fanservice ending of Uranus and-......darnit, i keep forgetting the other one's name since she wasn't such an asshole in the old series (an*s is easy to remember tho ;D)

but i have to admit; darn good voice singing the ED song there, i dig when it's difficult to figure out the gender of the one doing the speaking or singing from time to time -w-
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
May 29, 2016 9:14 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Ahhh yes no more CG transformations! Idk about having to see like 30 seconds of transformations though for each girl.

And I'm guessing the new blondie is Sailor Uranus

<_< So they don't really care about their identity being revealed in public?
MistyBlueMay 29, 2016 9:20 PM
May 30, 2016 10:13 PM

Feb 2013
MistyBlue said:

<_< So they don't really care about their identity being revealed in public?

somehow, they can transform in the wide open without anyone noticing...cartoon logic
<-click
Dec 7, 2016 12:27 PM

Aug 2014
So far so good, seems like Toei finally got their shit together.
I absolutely hated everything about the first series, so hopefully they can at least makes this one decent.

I fell in love with the OP as soon as the song started, Etsuko Yakushimaru ftw!
The ED is also nice.

Can't wait for the best girl of the show to show up soon. She's the only reason why I'm watching this in the first place.
Sep 23, 2017 11:15 PM
Aug 2017
The 3rd Season of Sailor Moon Crystal is HERE!!!!!!!!
Sep 6, 2020 2:15 PM
Nov 2018
no more cgi transformations?!?! it looks so much better and a lot smoother. there's something different visually from this season, but i can't really tell. so far entertaining
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2016

71 by MFDOOMED »»
Jan 4, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2016

49 by Netbug »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2016

39 by STJohn_Smith »»
Feb 23, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

53 by cristal_14 »»
Dec 26, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2016

40 by Miwey »»
Dec 9, 2022 10:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.