Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2016 12:41 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So overall Haruhiko got to kiss 2 people in the show, Ruru and Enigma(while possessing Haruhiko's mother and Mai no teaser.

Them beam animations were pretty good.

Mai and Reina were rather likable in my opinion. And in the end we got no answer as to why Mai couldn't use her power back in that episode where Mai got attacked by a sand monster.

6/10 show was decent, had its moments but ultimately the plot took a long time to develop.

Mar 30, 2016 12:52 PM

Jan 2013
I wish the show was more like the last few episodes. The animation during the last fight was great!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Mar 30, 2016 12:53 PM

Sep 2015
The writings in last episode are so bad. That teddy bear fixing stuff, Haruhiko's sudden unlock power and enigma such a lacklustre, i don't even know where to start commenting lol. Anyways, 5/10 or 6/10.
Mar 30, 2016 12:56 PM
Oct 2012
the last 3 ep were good
Mar 30, 2016 12:57 PM

Jun 2012
really disappointed this could have been a really good series if kyoto ani didn't fuk up and adapted the LN like it should have been instead of going anime original. oh well what we got wasn't bad i guess.

that ruru kiss was not something i expected tbh i figured it'd be from mai but it was definitely the highlight of this episode. might be an unpopular opinion but i would actually want a season 2 of this, just so there is the chance they animate volume 2, this really wasn't a bad series it just could have been sooooooooo much better.
Mar 30, 2016 1:16 PM
Jan 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Meh, too bad they didn't don the plot twist. It would have been better if they rushed through volume 1 and quickly get to volume 2 :/
At least the last couple of episodes were alright :D

5-6/10
Where have you read the Light Novel?
Mar 30, 2016 1:18 PM

Mar 2014
I liked the show overall, I guess you could call it my guilty pleasure this season.

After hearing every LN reader talking about "sh%t getting real" and plot twists in the second volume I was expecting some kind of twist at the end (this is after all a commercial for the LN) but I guess it wasnt meant to be.
Mar 30, 2016 1:25 PM
Jul 2012
The only reason this show didn't give me cancer was Mai.
2/10
Mar 30, 2016 1:28 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
dappysaliu said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Meh, too bad they didn't don the plot twist. It would have been better if they rushed through volume 1 and quickly get to volume 2 :/
At least the last couple of episodes were alright :D

5-6/10
I haven't read it, I only know summaries about it. I'm still waiting for translations :(
Mar 30, 2016 1:31 PM

Nov 2007
I am so biased as I am gonna give this a 6/10 just because of KyoAni (my lowest rating so far). The finale makes it almost certain that it won't continue with the original content which is supposed to get really dark in the sequel volume.

The biggest disappointment of the season. But I will watch the beach OVA. Wanna see more of Mai-oneesama.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 30, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2016
This episode is filler too?

Mar 30, 2016 2:12 PM

Mar 2014
FUCK YEAH IT'S OVER

1/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 30, 2016 2:13 PM

Jul 2014
It managed to redeem itself a bit at the end, but it's still trash.

4/10
Mar 30, 2016 2:17 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
at least theres the OVA so i don't have to cry over this show possibly being gone forever

still..... gonna miss it..... ;___;

thank you Kyoani for my new waifu <3333333

all the haters can gtfo
Mar 30, 2016 2:19 PM

Feb 2015
a good finale overall. tbh i expected either this will be a serious anime or SoL anime, and put a lot of hope in the serious one, but i still wouldn't mind if it is SoL anime. and yea...they put SoL or you can say they put a filler instead the main story/plot. Dissapoint me a little bit. just a little bit, but overall i enjoy the show. YES! i agree with the fact that KyoAni made this anime into a filler intead of the original story is really a bad thing and probably the worst thing i have ever seen from KyoAni but on the other side, on the anime side, if i forget about the LN, i enjoyed the show overall. really enjoyable and fun show to me. The animation obviously great as usual from KyoAni. The SoL stuff is really enjoyable and fun to me. Relaxing show tbh, But just if we do not forget about the source material and combine it or compare it with the adaptation, obviously, the adaptation is bad.

well i think KyoAni intention is to advertise the LN but they did it in the wrong way. they probably though, "Let's just advertise this LN with putting SoL/filler on the whole series. i bet people will like it" and this is the result. so basically, SoL was really great in my opinion but from the way how they hadle it from the source material is really bad.

i think i need to check the genre first before watch the show. just look at the genre ; Genres: Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Supernatural. why i was expecting a serious story where there is a comedy inside of it tho....

from overall i give it 9/10. i'm not gonna lie to myself. i really enjoy this series and i'm not gonna rate it from how they handle this show. well, i never do that while give a rating to everyanime anime that i watched.

rather than a second season or an OVA, i want a remake if they have enough budget. or let other studio make it again based from the source material.
YizelTroMar 30, 2016 2:35 PM
Mar 30, 2016 2:28 PM

Jan 2009
... this last episode wasn't quite what I'd expect after that ep 12.

Meh. Only thing good about this show was the animation and I took a liking to Haruhiko, Reina and Mayonnees-sama.

Kyoukai no Kanata was better ;__;

6/10.
Mar 30, 2016 2:35 PM

Jun 2009
Well. I liked the characters and graphics. Music was quite good too. The episodic plot didn't really bother me. It wasn't the best, it wasn't the worst. I won't watch it again, though. That's for sure.
Overall score 7/10. Just because I'm a sucker for KyoAni's art style.
I like pancakes.
Mar 30, 2016 2:42 PM

Dec 2013
...How did those TITS not pop out ?
Mar 30, 2016 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
ooo333 said:
Tyrel said:
3/10. Glad this trainwreck is over. Think I only stuck through it because it was KyoAnimation. Never again.

Wait, you didn't enjoy that scene? And what about that scene where you know... ?
What scene exactly?
Mar 30, 2016 2:59 PM

Aug 2011
I only continued watching it for Mai, other than that I'm very disappointed at how this show turned out.
Mar 30, 2016 2:59 PM

Dec 2009
This show was hella bad. I'm going to be nice and give it a 4/10 that it doesn't deserve, considering I only liked one episode and found the others boring.
Mar 30, 2016 3:06 PM
Feb 2016
I think this was a nice show, especially the last episode! I wouldn't mind S2 but that's not likely to happen judging by the mixed reviews...it's a shame tho, I liked it :/

Also, second season would be pretty badass if well executed, cuz not only Haru got his powers back but he's got full control over them, if they got little more serious and little less parody-like it would be awesome
DelmatMar 30, 2016 3:12 PM
Mar 30, 2016 3:14 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
If only the anime was more like the last 2 episodes.
5/10
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 30, 2016 3:32 PM

May 2010
Oh so Ruru is Haru's subconticious personality which means Haruhiko just kissed himself... In a way. Good.

As a show, it was hit or miss. I wanted to care about the characters but I couldn't as much as I wanted to. Also the so-called dark arc never came. What a ridiculously slow anime...

Anyways Mai best girl. I'm gonna give it a 6.5~ mostly 'cause it is kyoani and that the last few episodes were good along with the very first two. Would watch s2 if it gets darker.
Mar 30, 2016 3:47 PM

Jul 2015
As per usual, the end to every anime/show is brought with a huge event, for everything will always go out with a big bang! This time, it was no different. They kept the best for last, putting extra effort into animating the fight between Enigma and our main cast, and I must say that they did an amazing job. Haru also managed to "level up" his invoking skill and is now able to summon creatures that are worthy to their mythology. Happy end!
Overall, great, colorful and sometimes deep show. I understand a lot of people backed off due to the maybe excessive amount of FS at the beginning, idk, but I'm glad I stayed till the end.

Haruhiro received the Enigma badge! /5

Mar 30, 2016 3:51 PM

May 2015
just pls animate the second volume
7/10 because of reina and mai
Mar 30, 2016 4:01 PM

Feb 2015
If only the entire anime was like the last 2 episodes, this anime would have done a lot better. But even so, the ending was really contrived with the whole power up, big villain who wants to take over the world, and the very cookie cutter fight. Mixing a big story at the end of an episodic anime never goes well. The animation, which was fantastic and probably the only reason I got through this, was wasted on this show.

3/10
Mar 30, 2016 4:22 PM

Aug 2014
As usual the story ended happily.

All becomes normal. Haruhiko was now living with his mother. Is that mean that his mother left her husband? So what if later her father returned?

I do not see any loophole to get the second season of this series, because the action of the story running smoothly like this.
Mar 30, 2016 4:40 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Cirris said:
Tokoya said:
Seriously.....He kisses Ruru of all people.....Wut

Idek whether I'm gonna give this a 6 or a 7 at this point

Which it turns out Ruru is like a sister. So yeah, he smooched his sister.

IceBreakerZ said:
Cirris said:

Which it turns out Ruru is like a sister. So yeah, he smooched his sister.

So Haruhiko kinda kissed his mom earlier and now his sister...
Wow....
I know right lol

Regardless, I still have hope in the Mai ship since it seems like she was most bothered by him having to kiss her

I ended up giving this a 7 regardless after thinking it over.....The last 4-5 episodes are what did it for me really

Sucks that KyoAni are probably never going to do the next volume since they probably can't moe-fy it due to how dark it supposedly js
Mar 30, 2016 4:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
dappysaliu said:
I haven't read it, I only know summaries about it. I'm still waiting for translations :(
Can you send me the link to those please
Mar 30, 2016 5:01 PM

Aug 2013
This final was expected in my opinion, the protagonist strengthens your will power, and at the most opportune moment awakens his great power, thus overcoming the villain, was not bad, but also not let me excited, I would like to see something a little more surprising, as Haruhiko not forgive her mother and then of to seal Enigma, she passes to follow him, or decide to live with him as she did before

The adaptation had its high and low points, I personally quite liked the plot and expected a slightly larger development, something that maybe I find in LN, hope one day to read, the animation was great as always, I quite liked the characters, Mai it was the best girl, and had a good deal of fanservice, more than I expected, and it was well suiting to the work, I'll be looking forward to the OVA and I probably will watch this anime again in the future ..

I think I saw something pink during the fight in the episode:

Mar 30, 2016 5:03 PM

Nov 2014
Well KyoAni gave us a kiss and it was stupid lol

This arc was fantastic, too bad the first 11 episodes were mediocre

Hi there
Mar 30, 2016 5:07 PM

Oct 2012
Well, that was... mostly cringeworthy and not very good conclusion to the series.

I liked the kissing scene but that's just it. Other felt really unnatural and out of place (his father-in-law visit, deus ex machina bear hacker, sudden evolution of Haruhiko's summons and so on). Even Ruru's "big revelation" was obvious and I saw it long time coming. Not to mention Enigma was really weak final boss. Plus KyoAni really sucked in action this time. And crying scene in the end was worthy of several facepalms.

5/10 I guess this is really on par with Amagi in the end. There were some great animation accomplishments in this series but that alone is never enough.
(I wanted to give 6 because of last three good episodes but this end totally blew it)
Mar 30, 2016 5:37 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Only the last 2 episodes were the best of this anime. The episodes before it were bad, and I gotta admit even Kurumi-chan's own episode was terrible. I strongly disliked episodes 6-9, for many reasons. The big cat Phantom from episode 7 was alright, but that's all there is to it.

I love the animation, yes, but the plot feels like it's non-existent.. I was having high expectations for this anime because it was going to be animated by KyoAni, but it ended up being a big disappointment. Did KyoAni cover some story from the LN at all, or not? I don't really know because I haven't read the original LN.

6/10 for my final score. :/
Mar 30, 2016 5:51 PM

Aug 2015
Why can't the rest of Phantom World be like this. The last 3 episodes "almost" easily bumps my score from a 4 to a 5/10.
_Kairu_Mar 31, 2016 11:21 AM
Mar 30, 2016 5:59 PM

Feb 2013
I really enjoyed this anime. Beautiful art, I liked the characters, neat premise.

I gave it a 7/10 but I just might give it an 8....because I liked it a lot :)
Mar 30, 2016 6:03 PM

Jan 2016
I think Ruru is more like his daughter rather than his sister, seeing as how she's a manifestation from his imagination

What's this twist people are talking about from the second volume of the LN? can someone tell me in spoilers?
Mar 30, 2016 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
Not what I expected but that doesn't make it bad due to not meeting my initial expectations. That said, KyoAni should pool their talents into more fruitful projects I will say. It's episodic with little connection between episodes until the ending here but again didn't make it bad. I personally like the characters but didn't care for the (forced) ecchi component. So for me it wasn't a bad weekly watch.
Mar 30, 2016 6:11 PM

Feb 2015
FragOutFire said:
I think Ruru is more like his daughter rather than his sister, seeing as how she's a manifestation from his imagination

What's this twist people are talking about from the second volume of the LN? can someone tell me in spoilers?

To make a long story short,

Not sure how accurate this is, because I have yet to see a source or translation for it. But this is generally what I've heard. Go check out the other forums or comments on the wiki if you wanna try to find more.
Mar 30, 2016 6:16 PM
Apr 2015
Ehhh, that Fin at the end is disturbing. I want that Season 2.
2 or 3 episodes aside, this show is in between mediocre good - good. the last episodes were the best, especially when Enigma appeared. It's cute how Ruru was a character in Haruhiko's first favorite book. That art and animation is still godlike tho. Kyoani pls. 7/10
comingsmileMar 30, 2016 6:20 PM
Mar 30, 2016 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
I had hopes that I might get a teaser of Volume 2 aka the start of the mindfuckery, instead you go this route. Not surprised but a bit disappointed, Volume 2 really is where this story starts. 4.5/10, nothing special and the animation was typical KyoAni. I'll go read Volume 2 again to get this taste out of my mouth.
Mar 30, 2016 6:27 PM

Feb 2015
Wow Albrecht sure showed us some mad computer skills there.

I was impressed.

This was my kind of series and so I really enjoyed it. I liked the atmosphere in how it wasn't too serious or anything. Haruhiko explaining his random trivia to the audience was a big plus in my book. I'm glad he finally got together with his mother at the end.

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Mar 30, 2016 6:30 PM

Oct 2011
I really like this world......
Mar 30, 2016 6:35 PM

Mar 2016
Holy freaking Deus ex machina! The freaking Bear is a computer expert hacking genius... Nvm, that's just plain lazy.

Also, there cannot be a second season... At least I don't think KyoAni would risk pissing on the few people that liked this world.
ihatemechaMar 30, 2016 6:39 PM
They removed all my recommendations because they were "funny"... No joke.
Mar 30, 2016 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
You know it really sucks when an anime decides to get their shit together in the last two episodes. We literally sat through filler up until the last two episodes. Can't fathom how you can burn through a budget and only manage something mildly appealing 25% of the show. Last episode was good but it wasn't enough to save this overall shit series, and that's a shame considering the extent of their animation quality.
Mar 30, 2016 7:13 PM

Jun 2012
That kiss was so awkward lol. This is definitely not one of Kyoanis better works but the animation was fantastic like always. I would love a second season.
Mar 30, 2016 7:24 PM

Jun 2013
Overall a series that got alot better in the second half, but is a series that COULD have been amazing if Kyoani were actually willing to take risks
1st half 5/10
2nd half 9/10
Overall 7.5 so 8/10
Mar 30, 2016 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
In my opinion, I think this is very good.
Such epic action and got to learn more about how crude human are.
Anyway, is Mai getting jealous of Haruhiko getting kiss by other girls.
Hope Haruhiko can still summon those OP phantom and not the chibi version lol.
9/10 Need a second season!
Mar 30, 2016 7:27 PM

Apr 2011
The anime is good in its own way.
Mar 30, 2016 7:39 PM

Sep 2013
Well I'm glad Phantom World maintained being a disappointment throughout, it makes it easier to rate.
Mayonnaise-sama hit stuff, Koito made noises, Albrecht moved the plot forward, Kurumi was the loli, Ruru was somewhat important, Reina was there and Haruhiko ex-machina.

It's not like this show made me angry like some other KyoAni show, but this wasn't very fun.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

144 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.