Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Party: Blood Covered
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 26, 2016 12:42 AM
Jun 2015
That's what I'm wondering. This is, without a single doubt, the worst fictional media to ever exist in the history of mankind. And the scores are "8,8,6,8" in the reviews, and this somehow didn't get ranked lower than mars of destruction!?
I'm just wondering how on earth anybody like this putrid ova series that not only fails as an adaptation by fucking up the story and characterization to a decent franchise, then making everything past episode 1 anime original content that accomplishes nothing but spoiling the games, but it fails as a stand alone too because it reeks of rushed and you won't be able to give a shit for any of the characters! Yet, people say "this was good" and the anime is more popular than the games. I mean, what is this bullshit?! How can anybody like this? Please, I need a reason where any possible enjoyment can be had from it.

Mod Edit: Changed title from being provocative
TyrelApr 4, 2016 10:04 AM
Apr 3, 2016 4:05 AM

Jan 2012
Well, if you're gore-hound, which exist, it's obvious why it's good.

I don't know if people don't realize this, but, "It wasn't 100% faithful to the manga/VA" IS NOT AN END-ALL CRITICISM. It's a separate piece of media. I understand why it pisses people off, but what's the point of making a separate anime if it doesn't do it's own thing to some extent? It's such a tired and a bad point of critique.

As an anime, it's gruesome, there's no Desu Ex Machina, power of friendship bullshit(a common trope in anime these days), and it's more real than a lot of anime. Especially when, at the end of Episode 4(which is called Sad Truth), the exiting ritual fails. The message that shit often doesn't work out in real life, even when you try, even if you want it to, is realistic. It resounds, which puts it above, in meaning, a lot of anime.

There was little character development, but in 4 OVA episodes, it's not a big deal. This anime would have blown if it was 4 OVAs of char devel for every student. Nothing would have happened. What criticize something for not doing something that it didn't aim to do in the first place? That's like criticizing hentai for a bad plot. It's dumb.
Lemme smang it girl.
Apr 4, 2016 12:27 AM
Jun 2015
Wicked_Glory said:
Well, if you're gore-hound, which exist, it's obvious why it's good.

I don't know if people don't realize this, but, "It wasn't 100% faithful to the manga/VA" IS NOT AN END-ALL CRITICISM. It's a separate piece of media. I understand why it pisses people off, but what's the point of making a separate anime if it doesn't do it's own thing to some extent? It's such a tired and a bad point of critique.

As an anime, it's gruesome, there's no Desu Ex Machina, power of friendship bullshit(a common trope in anime these days), and it's more real than a lot of anime. Especially when, at the end of Episode 4(which is called Sad Truth), the exiting ritual fails. The message that shit often doesn't work out in real life, even when you try, even if you want it to, is realistic. It resounds, which puts it above, in meaning, a lot of anime.

There was little character development, but in 4 OVA episodes, it's not a big deal. This anime would have blown if it was 4 OVAs of char devel for every student. Nothing would have happened. What criticize something for not doing something that it didn't aim to do in the first place? That's like criticizing hentai for a bad plot. It's dumb.

I'm fine if it wasn't faithful, but it literally did nothing with making the plot anime original. So many things could be done with an anime original plot. Maybe they all die? Maybe the survivors of the source die but the ones that die live? Maybe they all live? Maybe there's a twist ending? Nope, nothing with it. Just: "Let's kill these guys along with everyone else who died because idk, killing the most popular and hated character on polls will get us somewhere, and let's change how they defeat the villain except it's pretty much the same, just different portrayal of scene which makes it utterly pointless. There we go! Our half assed fanfiction is complete!" Can't be a bad critique when one fucks up the plot that bad. They simply spoiled things from the source to newcomers of the franchise and then dicked around on the word document they called a script. If it's gonna be an anime original plot, that's fine: But do just that. Don't just pretty much steal the premise, plot twists and character design and make everything else a bunch of made up fanfiction with the writing of a six year old.

It can't be real if each character's actions are not explained, thus making them look stupid, and make heavenly host look like a bunch of child's play to survive: Just make sure you don't have the brain of a tiny peanut like the kids in this ova.
It does not fail, Satoshi is just a dumbass who sacrificed his arms to bleed out at Kizami's school yes, I understood the ending unlike many people.

Well, characterization would have been nice. I can barely name three traits that Ayumi and Yui had aside from "Girl", "likes charms I think" and "teacher". Establishing characters would be nice or if that's too much, then make it less characters. If it's not trying to adapt, then they may as well do that, considering that they are literally adapting an adaptation which mean nobody(like me) would complain so much.
Apr 4, 2016 12:31 AM

Jan 2011
JewellTH said:
And the scores are "8,8,6,8" in the reviews, and this somehow didn't get ranked lower than mars of destruction!?
But 7 is good, and 6 is lower. :>
Apr 4, 2016 12:33 AM
Jun 2015
ReaperCreeper said:
JewellTH said:
And the scores are "8,8,6,8" in the reviews, and this somehow didn't get ranked lower than mars of destruction!?
But 7 is good, and 6 is lower. :>

one 6 surrounded by three 8s. Still a sign that people like this ova a lot.
Apr 4, 2016 2:45 AM

May 2010
I wouldn't call it the worst anime ever, but yeah, it was pretty bad.

People who like gore tend to overrate anything of that genre, I guess. Also, that OVA was very graphic, I didn't see anything like that ever since, hmm, Elfen Lied? Some guys just enjoy pure violence, that's all.
Apr 4, 2016 5:02 AM
Jun 2015
Kitsu-nee said:

People who like gore tend to overrate anything of that genre, I guess. Also, that OVA was very graphic, I didn't see anything like that ever since, hmm, Elfen Lied? Some guys just enjoy pure violence, that's all.

Well, I guess that must be the case. Shame people just like mindless gore with no sense of good writing. Then again, this coming from a person who enjoyed Elfen Lied to an extent.
Apr 4, 2016 5:08 AM

Sep 2015
Never really understood it myself. It was just 4 episodes of a group of unnamed randomers - or they might as well have been, because I had no idea who the fuck was who - dying every episode in various gory ways.

Apparently there are large amounts of people who enjoy mindless gore and violence. That's all this anime boiled down to.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Apr 4, 2016 5:12 AM
Jun 2015
-Maz said:
Never really understood it myself. It was just 4 episodes of a group of unnamed randomers - or they might as well have been, because I had no idea who the fuck was who - dying every episode in various gory ways.

Apparently there are large amounts of people who enjoy mindless gore and violence. That's all this anime boiled down to.

Completely agree with you there. I remember when I was getting into Corpse party, I had the option to watch the OVA first. Thank god I didn't, otherwise I'd be in that position like a friend of mine irl was when they saw the OVA who was just like "...Well, the little one died." when they tried to remember what happened.
Apr 4, 2016 7:30 AM

Jan 2012
Kitsu-nee said:

I actually gave Elfen lied a high rating because it was like the 3rd anime I ever watched, so I'm heavily biased. I'm approximately 100% sure I'd lower the rating if I watched it again, so I don't :3

Besides, everyone has personal biases in anime. This one was far more graphic than Elfen lied, EL was a lot of what I'd call impersonal gore. People just died in really generic ways. Corpse Party was creative, for the most part, which was nice.

Like I said, If I had to make a generalization, I'd say that most animes do a bad job at conveying some deep meaning, and in the end it all comes down to entertainment. Like, FMA for example. Does it really convey a special meaning? Is it revolutionary in that sense? No. Not even a little bit. But it has a good story, nice visuals, and good fight scenes, which will appeal to a certain demographic.

I love gore, a lot, which is one reason why I liked this, because regardless of your opinion of characterization, which I'd argue is not important for this anime, it is a good gore anime. It is better than higher rated ones like EL or HOTD. But it was also cool, and I feel like it's one of the few animes, that, as simple as it was, you could actually argue for it presenting it's ending message well(life sucks, sad truth).
Lemme smang it girl.
Oct 4, 2016 6:08 AM

Jan 2014
I rated it based on the fact that it's a horror and it did a very fine job at portraying that in four episodes. It captures the same nasty atmosphere which the game offered, as well adding more gory visuals which I missed from the game. Being that they only had four episodes to do something with, if there should have been any kind of character development in between those four episodes, then there would be even less time to explain or show anything and it presumably have become overall even more rushed than it was.

I wouldn't call it mindless gore when there is a reason behind the ghost manic actions. It's a revengeful spirit, there's no saying what horrific things it would be capable of. Honestly though those who use "mindless gore" are probably the ones that don't like this kind of stuff anyway. Your body is made of flesh, bones and organs which will whether you like it or not, be displayed if you get slaughtered like the characters in this series, that's not mindless gore, that's displaying the human body in a more realistic way.

Based on the "horror" shows I've watched, it's one of the few that stays more or less true to its genre and doesn't randomly throw in nonsense to lighten the show. There are too many shows which are classified as "horror" when they're really not. Horror can be portrayed in many ways mind you, but compared to what this show delivers, not many aren't.

it it definitely not better than the games though, but it does portray some things more graphically, which I like.
Jun 30, 2017 5:37 PM

Jun 2017
nothing beats corpse party the animation in awfulness,especially when you look at the source material.

let me quote my review for it here:

"Corpse party was originally a PC-98 game. then it got a remake on the PC,PSP,and 3DS. i played it and fell in love with it. it has one of the BEST stories i have ever seen. its horror is psychotic not cheap,its gore is mostly auditory not visual.I dont even like horror games yet i absolutely LOVE it.

so what does the anime do? It takes this great story and throws it out the window. it takes the awesome psychotic horror and makes it cheap,and it takes the auditory gore and,not only does it fully change it to visual gore,it decides that the best way to do this masterpiece of a game (in)justice is to change it so it becomes one very gory death scene after one very gory death scene from the beginning until the end. story? what is that?! psychotic horror?? what is that?!! greatness??? never heard of it!!!!

It butchered the game and turned an amazing Mindf*** true horror story into a series of gruesome scenes one after another without anytime to build tension and fear with the only point being to kill everyone in the most gore filled way possible(which is basically what all haters think the game is lol.)

Stay far far away from this. play the game instead."
Sep 8, 2017 8:36 PM

Sep 2017
Before watching the OVA, I thought playing the PSP game would have been a far better choice. Glad to have made that choice now, seeing as how much of a mess this was.

The characters were all very unmemorable, and the scenes taken from the game were far too rushed that the person watching possibly may be confused and it would be all going so fast that they just couldn't care less. Surely, the main reason why I remembered the characters was because I witnessed in the game. They were all unique, they all possessed certain redeeming qualities and played important parts to the story.

I had to be with them through their pain while I played Corpse Party the game. But then when I watch this, you don't really feel their pain. You just see the events happen in a blink of an eye and it leads to nowhere.
Sep 19, 2017 6:31 AM

Aug 2017
I played the game, but I don't think the anime is trash. Of course, this adaption isn't a masterpiece and the game is much better, but I enjoyed watching it and the animation was decent. I agree with those that say which kind of character development do you expect from 4 OVA episodes.
In my opinion, it's a 6, it's not extremely good, but it was fine and I don't regret watching it. Your question itself, however, is basically asking how come people have different opinions than me? I don't mind gore and it certainly contained enough of it.
All of the things you said are just your opinion and that's fine, even if I don't agree with it. But blaming people for liking something you don't like is just silly.
Dec 8, 2017 12:28 PM

Sep 2017
Considering my favorite character died in this adaptation in a way that made me angry and depressed, I should hate this OVA. But I don't.

It's dumb, it lacks depth, subtlety, and character development, but I still had a good time watching it. (I even got some satisfaction in seeing my least favorite characters get their just deserts that never happens in the games.) I enjoyed it for the horror and gore, but I also appreciated an alternate take on the events of the game. Since I know the characters and plot very well, I did not mind this inferiorly written mess because I know the Blood Covered is better in almost every conceivable way.

While I still enjoy this and don't mind giving it a higher rating than it likely deserves, I do understand why some Corpse Party fans hate this OVA, and their feelings are just as valid.
Aug 11, 2018 4:49 AM

May 2018
This show is the most retarded thing I ever seen.
Ep.1 Two girls find themselves in a scary dark place and something bad is happening.
- We should stay together and act very cautious, right?
- NAH. The most important thing is to smear my ass RIGHT NOW. So bye, gotta go.
- OK, have a good time.
A few moments later.
- I was almost killed by a monster and (somehow) this is your fault!
- OK, I'm sorry. Let's stay together because this monster is scary and dangerous.
- NAH. I'm too offended and don't even care about the monster (who almost killed me), so I'm leaving you, bye.
A few more moments later.
- (hanging on the rope) Oh hi, I just wanna tell you I'm sorry.
- (staring at the choking girl) Oh it's ok, it's my fault, I'm sorry, too.
- (dies)
- OMGOSH I'M SAD NOW.
Ep.2.
- Onii-chan, I wanna pee-pee.
- No problem, sis. Just go and do it.
- But onii-chan, there're corpses everywhere and a scary mysterious girl.
- LOL I don't give a f..k, just gotta sneak in a safe place. Have fun, bye

The show's stupidity is hilarious. Liking it just for some gore effects and not mentioning all these retarded things, I feel so sorry for these guys
Nemo_NiemandOct 26, 2019 1:00 PM

Sep 4, 2018 8:38 AM
Jul 2015
Many people don't read manga or play the video game. And maybe the anime wasn't so bad but not so related to the original.
Dec 29, 2018 10:39 PM
Aug 2018
People like gore. Btw if there any super gory anime can you please recommend them? Thank you.
Jan 14, 2019 1:11 PM
Feb 2018
This anime was complete shit in my opinion

More topics from this board

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Washijyazo - Aug 15, 2013

212 by Archean-Return »»
May 17, 1:55 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babymilo91 - Aug 13, 2013

110 by Archean-Return »»
May 17, 1:05 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

omega_d94 - Aug 13, 2013

90 by Archean-Return »»
May 17, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou General Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2013

137 by Archean-Return »»
May 16, 11:47 PM

» why no asmr

z0idberger - Apr 17

3 by puppycham »»
Apr 19, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.