Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 28, 2016 6:13 AM
Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:
straggy said:

I think they probably bought it because they bought Knights of Sidonia too. Gotta monopolise Polygon Pictures apparently.
For what reason? They're not even a big studio and Ajin is a shitty Tokyo Phoul rip off, I doubt it's going to become popular

Netflix should monopolize Madhouse instead, it's much more popular in the West and working with them is most likely going to bring in much more $$$ for both parties

Ajin is not TG, Ajin do not eat human. Ajin is about terrorism and counterterrorism. This manga/anime is about indifference, things you can find in many places example like Chinese.
Mar 28, 2016 6:16 AM

Nov 2011
Riding a collapsing skyscrapper. - Just Ajin things.

Seems like even Satou doesn't know about anti-Ajin squad since he think the special assault force is the strongest enemy he can fight.

Mar 28, 2016 6:33 AM

Mar 2014
itachan199 said:
Ajin is not TG, Ajin do not eat human. Ajin is about terrorism and counterterrorism. This manga/anime is about indifference,
So what if Ajin don't eat humans and the message it's trying convey/whatever isn't the same as TG? There are still great similarities that I simply cannot overlook
things you can find in many places example like Chinese.
Racism much?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 28, 2016 6:52 AM
Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:
itachan199 said:
Ajin is not TG, Ajin do not eat human. Ajin is about terrorism and counterterrorism. This manga/anime is about indifference,
So what if Ajin don't eat humans and the message it's trying convey/whatever isn't the same as TG? There are still great similarities that I simply cannot overlook
things you can find in many places example like Chinese.
Racism much?

Ajin

very few immortal people; so few that there aren’t large organizations that specifically deal with Ajin
even few have abilities to form black specters or the black mummy ghosts that you see.
besides that they have no other special powers
can live normal lives minus the immorality part
there is less of the internal conflict on whether Ajin are bad or not. Just the big problem that has to do with torturing Ajin for science. And the whole thing to whether Ajin are even human or not

Tokyo Ghoul

literal populations of ghouls
there are large organizations that solely work to destroy the ghouls
Ghouls have their kagune and heighten physical abilities. They are not IMMORTAL. They can die like any other human. They just have better healing abilities
Can never truly live a normal life because of their need to eat human flesh and they cannot consume other food. It’s harder to hide your nutrition than your immortality
the internal conflict usually focuses on humanity and if ghouls are really bad. Morals are gambled thanks to the fact that ghouls have to eat humans, unlike Ajin.
---------------------------------------
Experiments drugs on Ajin like syphilis experiments in US in 1946-1948 in Guatemala and after this incident, the US began to tighten on human rights.
Ajin accuracy is about racism, indifference of human to other people/other species, and the dark side of society (organ trafficking, gun smuggling, illegal Experiments on the human body ...). And in Ajin, there are those who perform terrorist because of Ajin's rights like Tanaka, but also people just for fun like Satou, and those who did not care until it affects you as Kei.
itachan1995Mar 28, 2016 7:00 AM
Mar 28, 2016 7:02 AM

Mar 2014
^

Thanks, I already know there are differences, you don't have to point them out for me and they still don't excuse the great similarities between the series
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 28, 2016 7:31 AM
Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:
^

Thanks, I already know there are differences, you don't have to point them out for me and they still don't excuse the great similarities between the series

If it comes to similarities, I can tell you a series of anime have similarities:
TG similar Kiseijuu Deadman Wonderland
Elfen Lied similar Shiki, Black Bullet
Shingeki no Kyojin similar Claymore, Owari no Seraph
Not important at what point they are the similar, but the way they were constructed. Ajin more realistic when most things are in real life (organ trafficking, gun smuggling, illegal Experiments on the human body, racism, terrorism and counterterrorism. ...), but who immortalized, Which is the value of it.
Of course that's just my opinion.
itachan1995Mar 28, 2016 7:42 AM
Mar 28, 2016 7:45 AM

Mar 2014
If it comes to similarities, I can tell you a series of anime have similarities:
It doesn't matter if THOSE anime are similar to each other. What matters is the similarities between Ajin and TG
Not important at what point they are the similar, but the way they were constructed. Ajin more realistic when most things are in real life (organ trafficking, gun smuggling, illegal Experiments on the human body, racism, War...), but who immortalized, Which is the value of it.
And I say Ajin and TG have great similarities and are constructed in a similar way
Of course that's just my opinion, and I think every anime has its own meaning so no need to compare them.
So I'm not allowed to compare anime to each other simply because of the fact that they are two different anime even if the borderline plagiarism similarities are so obvious that they can't be overlooked?

This is bullshit
Nico- said:
Mar 28, 2016 7:51 AM
Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:
It doesn't matter if THOSE anime are similar to each other. What matters is the similarities between Ajin and TG
Not important at what point they are the similar, but the way they were constructed. Ajin more realistic when most things are in real life (organ trafficking, gun smuggling, illegal Experiments on the human body, racism, War...), but who immortalized, Which is the value of it.
And I say Ajin and TG have great similarities and are constructed in a similar way
Of course that's just my opinion, and I think every anime has its own meaning so no need to compare them.
So I'm not allowed to compare anime to each other simply because of the fact that they are two different anime even if the borderline plagiarism similarities are so obvious that they can't be overlooked?

This is bullshit

In Ajin, the main character from the beginning was not the man, so it's totally unlike TG (original protagonists are human). The only common point is a friend of the two main characters the similar, that's what you think it's the similar?

And Ajin not a different species, they are born as human by human, but mutated and was seen as not human; While Ghoul completely non-human (they eat people).
In comparison, you should compare it to the Elfen Lied.
itachan1995Mar 28, 2016 8:00 AM
Mar 28, 2016 7:52 AM
Apr 2014
That was pretty fucking awesome. Satou knows how to play the game. You don't simply reveal your entire plan before executing it. That way they could prepare like they tried to. You always need to be unpredictable as a good antagonist.
Mar 28, 2016 8:00 AM

Mar 2014
In Ajin, the main character from the beginning was not the man, so it's totally unlike TG (original protagonists are human).
The man? What man are you talking about?
The only common point is a friend of the two main characters the similar, that's what you think it's the similar?
No, multiple of the characters have carbon copy personalities, a lot of the character types that appeared in TG appeared in Ajin, the basic concept is the same (humans VS supernaturals, WAAH FAITO EVERYTHING IS NOT BLACK AND WHITE IT'S GREY), the over the top edge BS, the way the creators choose to portray the characters etc
Nico- said:
Mar 28, 2016 8:06 AM

Nov 2015
Nagai continues to be a (sort of) douche. I hope they bring Kaito back soon so he can bring some sense to him.
Satou's my favorite character till now. The plan was great and executed early.
Mar 28, 2016 8:14 AM
Apr 2014
The man? What man are you talking about?

Human, I mean (sorry about the grammar)

Comic_Sans said:
No, multiple of the characters have carbon copy personalities, a lot of the character types that appeared in TG appeared in Ajin, the basic concept is the same (humans VS supernaturals, WAAH FAITO EVERYTHING IS NOT BLACK AND WHITE IT'S GREY), the over the top edge BS, the way the creators choose to portray the characters etc

Did you mean shaping?
Kei's hairstyle and hair color is like Kaneki? I think it's the same Shun Izuki's.
In the manga / anime, most of the character kind of gentle is looks like Kei (popular hairstyle).
these characters dynamic are hair style like Kai, Kou or Naruto
Tosaki is like Arima just because the same color hair and glasses, although completely different personalities?

itachan1995Mar 28, 2016 8:23 AM
Mar 28, 2016 8:22 AM

Mar 2014

Did you mean shaping?
Kei's hairstyle and hair color is like Kaneki? I think it's the same Shun Izuki's
In the manga / anime, most of the character kind of gentle is looks like Kei (popular hairstyle).
Tosaki is like Arima just because the same color hair and glasses
I don't give a shit about the "shaping"/hair styles/whatever

I was talking about the character types and personalities and nothing else

I don't see why you're bringing that up because that has nothing to do with what I was talking about
although completely different personalities?
No
Nico- said:
Mar 28, 2016 8:25 AM
Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:

Did you mean shaping?
Kei's hairstyle and hair color is like Kaneki? I think it's the same Shun Izuki's
Tosaki is like Arima just because the same color hair and glasses
I don't give a shit about the "shaping"/hair styles/whatever

I was talking about the character types and personalities and nothing else

I don't see why you're bringing that up because that has nothing to do with what I was talking about
although completely different personalities?
No

Kaneki’s character development is nothing like Kei, Kaneki genuinely cared for those who were around him, he would never say he didn’t need Hide anymore, however Kei admits he doesn’t need Kai without hesitation. Kei even abandoned his best friend in the beginning of his childhood because of what his mother said. Kaneki enjoyed Hides company no matter what the circumstances were.
How can people begin to compare them by the way their initially portrayed because of the storyline? Kai and Hides resemblance are understandable, and to a point so is Kaneki’s and Kei’s but come on they are nothing alike. Kaneki knows his tragedy and his suffering he tries to grow from it. Kei won’t accept his because he’s a sociopath and slightly entitled to with what little help he can get.

Aogiri wants to see improvement with their society while Satou just want a war between humans and Ajin to play for fun.

One more thing Arima is way more in control then Tosaki, Tosaki has limited power and his intentions aren’t even remotely as complicated or as intimidating as Arima.

How can people begin to compare them by the way their initially portrayed because of the storyline?
itachan1995Mar 28, 2016 8:31 AM
Mar 28, 2016 8:56 AM

Mar 2014
Kaneki’s character development is nothing like Kei, Kaneki genuinely cared for those who were around him, he would never say he didn’t need Hide anymore, however Kei admits he doesn’t need Kai without hesitation. Kei even abandoned his best friend in the beginning of his childhood because of what his mother said. Kaneki enjoyed Hides company no matter what the circumstances were.
How can people begin to compare them by the way their initially portrayed because of the storyline? Kai and Hides resemblance are understandable, and to a point so is Kaneki’s and Kei’s but come on they are nothing alike. Kaneki knows his tragedy and his suffering he tries to grow from it. Kei won’t accept his because he’s a sociopath and slightly entitled to with what little help he can get.
I never said Kei and Kaneki were similar
Aogiri wants to see improvement with their society while Satou just want a war between humans and Ajin to play for fun
Bullshit

Both Aogiri and Satou are trying to fuck over society for the sake of revenge and the lulz

I've seen both seasons of Tokyo Phoul + the OVAs and read the mango so I should know
One more thing Arima is way more in control then Tosaki, Tosaki has limited power and his intentions aren’t even remotely as complicated or as intimidating as Arima.
Tosaki is a mix of Arima and that old fuckface inspector whose name I've forgotten

He has no unique character traits whatsoever
How can people begin to compare them by the way their initially portrayed because of the storyline?
Because Ajin is a carbon copy of Tokyo Phoul
Nico- said:
Mar 28, 2016 9:25 AM

Jul 2014
For all their planning, Tosaki and co simply don't have any answers or any way to stop Satou. Probably speaks more of his intelligence and insanity than any incompotence on the human side of things.
Mar 28, 2016 9:38 AM

Mar 2013
Comic_Sans said:
straggy said:

I think they probably bought it because they bought Knights of Sidonia too. Gotta monopolise Polygon Pictures apparently.
For what reason? They're not even a big studio and Ajin is a shitty Tokyo Phoul rip off, I doubt it's going to become popular

Netflix should monopolize Madhouse instead, it's much more popular in the West and working with them is most likely going to bring in much more $$$ for both parties

I honestly think it might be because it's cheap and there's not much competition in the field for wanting to license it. It's not like Netflix is known for its array of quality media, considering the terrible horror movies I've watched on it on my friends' accs.
Mar 28, 2016 9:57 AM

Aug 2014
Of course the scene had to be changed so that sensitive little Americans wouldn't somehow sink into depression for something that happened almost 15 years ago and probably had nothing to do with the average viewer. Sigh...

Still, the substitute was almost as good, so I'm glad they saved it. Lol at Kei just eating cookies and barely giving a damn. Next episode should be equally as good, and I love how Satou dissed the SDF, who were doing pretty good in Gate.

5/5

I see Comic_Sans decided to bring some stupidity in the thread, though I guess if it doesn't contain "yaoi undertones" it's no good.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 28, 2016 10:26 AM

Mar 2016
Very good episode though the scene in manga is better.

Comic_Sans said:
Ao I'm not allowed to compare anime to each other simply because of the fact that they are two different anime even if the borderline plagiarism similarities are so obvious that they can't be overlooked?

This is bullshit

Do you realize that Ajin's manga started in 2012 (1 year after Tokyo Ghoul manga) and Ajin was a nominee for Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize award ?
If it was just a plagiarism obviously it wouldn't get a nomination at all.
Ajin and Tokyo Ghoul started similar but that's it.
Mar 28, 2016 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
jeremi said:
Do you realize that Ajin's manga started in 2012 (1 year after Tokyo Ghoul manga)
I'm sorry, were you trying to disprove my theory?

Because it didn't work
and Ajin was a nominee for Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize award ?
If it was just a plagiarism obviously it wouldn't get a nomination at all.
Ajin and Tokyo Ghoul started similar but that's it.
Most modern pop artists plagiarize each others' songs all the time and yet music awards still exist

So the fact that Ajin got nominated for some random mango award means nothing
Nico- said:
Mar 28, 2016 10:50 AM

Sep 2014
Before crashing the building Satou beated Dark Souls 3 on hard mode.
Mar 28, 2016 11:03 AM

Feb 2015
This episode is proof that Satou is mentally unstable...【•】_【•】
Mar 28, 2016 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
Comic_Sans said:
I'm sorry, were you trying to disprove my theory?
Because it didn't work

Timeline is too close for plagiarism. As an example torture scene in Ajin happened earlier in term of manga release date.

Comic_Sans said:

for some random mango award

Troll confirmed
Mar 28, 2016 11:20 AM

Mar 2014
Timeline is too close for plagiarism. As an example torture scene in Ajin happened earlier in term of manga release date.
The torture scene might have happened earlier on in EDGEjin than it did in Tokyo Phoul but that doesn't excuse the rest of the similarities
Troll confirmed
Ad hominem confirmed
Nico- said:
Mar 28, 2016 1:59 PM

Dec 2012
This explosion was so realistic, I thought my bedroom was shaking. Satou riding the skyscraper was priceless.
Mar 28, 2016 4:20 PM

May 2010
I got goosebumps everywhere from that music that played after the building collapsed. fantastic episode 5/5.
Mar 28, 2016 4:58 PM

Sep 2014
Holy craperone, that was amazing!! *waku,waku,doki,doki*
Satou really enlight this show, oh boy, the next episode's gonna be totally awesome! *.*
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Mar 28, 2016 9:40 PM

Oct 2011
WHOA Satou brought down that building literally OMG
Mar 28, 2016 10:04 PM
Jan 2015
I have waited 3 weeks for the Airplane scene and they gave me a falling building scene disappointed fan here.
Mar 28, 2016 10:41 PM

Jun 2014
OrangeJP said:
My favorite scene has to be when Satou loses his hat as the building crashes down, but then a drone suddenly delivers another hat to him

I actually laughed out loud at that. Such a nice little touch.

I'm quite thankful they didn't keep the plane scene. I live in New York and as a kid I watched those towers come down in real time and we all lost someone that day. I would really rather not see that scene used for fucking ENTERTAINMENT.
Blow your "But it's in his character! It's important to the plottttttt" bullshit right out your ass.
This is WAY more inventive and crazy than crashing a plane.
So thank you Polygon.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 29, 2016 3:49 AM

Feb 2014
SwordSaint said:
I have waited 3 weeks for the Airplane scene and they gave me a falling building scene disappointed fan here.

Falling skyscraper way more epic than a simple plane crash!!!
Mar 29, 2016 8:43 AM
Jan 2015
eXtacy67 said:
SwordSaint said:

Falling skyscraper way more epic than a simple plane crash!!!

But it's a nosedive.
Mar 29, 2016 10:28 AM
Oct 2007
DTUB said:
They didn't blatantly censorship, this was well done anime-original.

I'm happy was disappointing when seemed like they were just gonna blow up the building, but what happened was EPIC, MAXIMUM THRILL!

THIS. MY THOUGHTS exactly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2016 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
So next time Satou vs police force...
Mar 29, 2016 5:33 PM
Jun 2015
Single word: epic
Mar 29, 2016 8:32 PM

Sep 2014
Welp. ..
Satou proved just how crazy he can be. What will you do now Kei.
Mar 29, 2016 8:54 PM

May 2015
damn, satou is craziest grandpa
Mar 29, 2016 9:26 PM

Jan 2014
This is amazing. Ajin is definitely great in terms of execution and thrill.

I can see something like this becoming a really big Hollywood hit if done right. No planes like in the manga though.
Mar 30, 2016 3:13 AM

Nov 2012
Damn, am I the only one who thinks this anime is wayy too underrated? ERASED was decent, but I'm loving Ajin way more at the moment D: It should at least be in the Top 3 for winter 2016, right? D":
maybe it's just me
Mar 30, 2016 4:20 AM

Apr 2013
Savage episode. Superb episode. Dat drone.

lukraiyeol said:
Damn, am I the only one who thinks this anime is wayy too underrated? ERASED was decent, but I'm loving Ajin way more at the moment D: It should at least be in the Top 3 for winter 2016, right? D": maybe it's just me

Nope you're not the only one. I also feel like Ajin is quite underrated and pretty good, and for me, more suspenseful and thrilling than Erased, and also more consistent in quality. Every episode is so exciting and intense and I feel like the art style/cgi adds to the realism and dark atmosphere I get.
Mar 30, 2016 1:01 PM
Jan 2016
Comic_Sans said:
Troll confirmed
Ad hominem confirmed

after this, i don't care about your opinion, but i will tell you one thing... you are falling into 'Similarity Heuristic'
or in fallacy term you are falling into 'Association Fallacy'

The only similarity in the manga is "kei|kaneki" tortured.
kei was showing sociopath characteristic since the beginning of this manga while kaneki's sociopath character comes out of sudden in chapter 60 or so.. it's a HUGE differences

if this is doesn't convince you then you should read 'Confirmation Bias'
Mar 30, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Ad hominem confirmed

after this, i don't care about your opinion, but i will tell you one thing... you are falling into 'Similarity Heuristic'

kei was showing sociopath characteristic since the beginning of this manga while kaneki's sociopath character comes out of sudden in chapter 60 or so.. it's a HUGE differences

>Says it's the "only similarity"
>Completely ignores the similarities I listed earlier on in this thread

Nigga I ain't committed no logical fallacies
Nico- said:
Mar 31, 2016 9:22 AM

Nov 2015
Satou is really crazy, what a badass

Mar 31, 2016 7:59 PM

Aug 2015
Satou for villain of the year, he's a bad mofo, loving his character. Riding a building he blows up down and crashes into another. He actually did it the mad man! For some reason now I don't want him to loose.
Apr 1, 2016 9:18 AM

Feb 2016
If done right, I might place Satou-sama in my favorite characters list after this ends. He is the very definition of the word "BADASS"
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Apr 2, 2016 4:59 AM

Aug 2015
Satou is one crazy bastard, but gotta love him. Dude is a badass.
Apr 2, 2016 9:59 AM
Jan 2016
Comic_Sans said:

I see.. you are just pretending, anyone who knows logical fallacy doesn't make that kind of judgement... haha you got me buddy..
Apr 2, 2016 10:35 AM

Mar 2014
Comic_Sans said:

I see.. you are just pretending, anyone who knows logical fallacy doesn't make that kind of judgement... haha you got me buddy..
So now you're using some kind of BS master suppression technique instead of actually trying to counter my arguments

Too bad that that shit doesn't work on me
Nico- said:
Apr 3, 2016 12:10 AM

Apr 2013
Comic_Sans said:
-snip-

I like how you backpedal and refuse to admit you were wrong about Ajin being a rip-off of the Tokyo Ghoul, which came after it.

If anything can be considered a rip-off by your logic, it's TG.
Apr 3, 2016 12:29 AM

Mar 2014
Raneer said:
Comic_Sans said:
-snip-

I like how you backpedal and refuse to admit your accusation of Ajin rip-offing TG amounts to shit since Ajin came before it.
>Tokyo Ghoul mango publishing date: Sep 8, 2011-Sep 18, 2014
>Ajin mango publishing date: Mar 7, 2012-?

Try again, try harder
If anything can be considered a rip-off by your logic, it's TG.
I've never tried to deny that TG is a rip off since I already know it's a rip off of the highly superior series Eve no Jikan
Nico- said:
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

84 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.