Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2016 7:27 AM

Dec 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The ultimate teigu really was a mecha. Although it doesn't look anything like the anime. Looks almost alive. Wtf.

Really cool seeing all of those imperial arms make a return.

Now time for Tatsumi vs Esdeath. Can't wait for more of this fight!
Mar 20, 2016 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I TOLD YOU ALL IT WAS GOING TO BE A MECHA! Now let the butthurt flow you all :)

Well, this chapters shows that the ones who stalked Wave and Kurome are not Teigu users from the Revolutionary army, as the users of Scream, Extase, Belvaac and Black Marlin are in the battlefield.

Akame y Leone also kill one of their objectives with ease. Wonder if they killed the other 4 of that was the first.

The Tatsumi vs Esdeath fight looks cool. I guess in the next chapter the fight will be interrupted by the Supreme Teigu.
Mar 20, 2016 1:42 PM

Dec 2013
Here is a translation: http://imgur.com/a/MjQ43
Mar 20, 2016 1:44 PM

Dec 2013
Illyricus said:
Akame y Leone also kill one of their objectives with ease. Wonder if they killed the other 4 of that was the first.

That was the first.
Mar 20, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Illyricus said:

That was the first.
True. Btw, that guy's death was hilarious, he was going to say a cool thing before die and Akame kill him in an instant xD
Mar 20, 2016 3:49 PM

Oct 2014
Strangely the design of the UT doesn't bother me.
Mar 20, 2016 7:21 PM

Oct 2014
"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"

I'm eating crow right about now... ffs.
Mar 20, 2016 9:32 PM

Nov 2011
I don't really care much about the Ultimate Teigu or whatever. Not impressive to me.

Much more curious about the fight between Esdeath and Tatsumi though.
Mar 21, 2016 11:12 AM

Oct 2013
It feels like we are approaching the end. The Esdesth and Tatsumi fight better be good.
Mar 21, 2016 11:26 AM
Mar 2015
Don't be a 2 pump chump. tatsumi
Mar 22, 2016 4:46 AM
Apr 2014
Tatsumi from ch 61 said he has about 3 transform left. He used one when fighting Wave, and now he used another one this episode. So my guess is this won't be his last fight, and he still has a final shot left before he may get completed consumed and go berserk ... kind of interested to see what will happen to Tatsumi in manga. I hope he survives but I don't like his odds. :/
Mar 22, 2016 5:02 AM

Apr 2008
Did someone seriously use LEEROY JENKINS as a war cry? Is that seriously in the raws? Esdeath dominating as expected.
Mar 22, 2016 5:04 AM

Apr 2008
Jackyhk said:
Tatsumi from ch 61 said he has about 3 transform left. He used one when fighting Wave, and now he used another one this episode. So my guess is this won't be his last fight, and he still has a final shot left before he may get completed consumed and go berserk ... kind of interested to see what will happen to Tatsumi in manga. I hope he survives but I don't like his odds. :/

Your transformation count is off
Mar 22, 2016 7:52 AM
Jan 2015
Jackyhk said:

he only got one more. once he the last one, he's done for.
Mar 22, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Did someone seriously use LEEROY JENKINS as a war cry? Is that seriously in the raws? Esdeath dominating as expected.

Its not, just something made up.
Mar 22, 2016 12:43 PM

Apr 2008
GC-Wave said:
Darklight0303 said:

Okay good. Cause that was really WTF
Mar 23, 2016 5:09 AM

Oct 2014
Esdeath vs Tatsumi should be interesting wonder how long Tatsumi will hold out, that ultimate teigu looks spooky af
Mar 23, 2016 8:19 AM

Jul 2012
For the chapter pretty much nothing happened, the translation was pretty funny.
Mar 23, 2016 9:52 AM
Jun 2015
Leroy Jenkins! That had to be the best part in the fight so far. Anyone else agree?
Mar 23, 2016 11:25 AM

Jan 2008
IceAxolotl said:
Anyone else agree?

Actually, anything is better than watching Esderp and her ludicrously bland character, so yes, I can agree with that.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Mar 23, 2016 11:57 AM

May 2015
I hope Tatsumi gets to fight Esdeath 1 vs 1 he needs to make her see that she is not at the top of the food chain as she like to believe (sure she is strong as f*ck, OP Perhaps!?) in my opinion if she is going down I think it has to be Tatsumi, the one she love {even if it is unrequited love} she love him also he is a strong person not only physically but also mentally and it goes tying up the story that her father state to her when she was young that the weak die and the strong persevere but with a little twist making her realize that the word strong not only is describing a physical attribute but also can be attribute to will power, in this case will power of the weak (Tats, Night Raid & Revolution Army, People oppressed by the Empire), the determination for people to survived even if the odds are against them…

That is why I want Tatsumi to be the one who finish her...
Mar 23, 2016 12:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tatsumi vs Esdeath. About time for that battle to happen.

Been a while since anyone has died. I bet the feeling that might change soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 23, 2016 12:24 PM

Apr 2008
Roy_Focker said:
I hope Tatsumi gets to fight Esdeath 1 vs 1 he needs to make her see that she is not at the top of the food chain as she like to believe (sure she is strong as f*ck, OP Perhaps!?) in my opinion if she is going down I think it has to be Tatsumi, the one she love {even if it is unrequited love} she love him also he is a strong person not only physically but also mentally and it goes tying up the story that her father state to her when she was young that the weak die and the strong persevere but with a little twist making her realize that the word strong not only is describing a physical attribute but also can be attribute to will power, in this case will power of the weak (Tats, Night Raid & Revolution Army, People oppressed by the Empire), the determination for people to survived even if the odds are against them…

That is why I want Tatsumi to be the one who finish her...

Could not disagree more. Akame should get to finish her.
Mar 23, 2016 12:27 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Tatsumi being badass. And Esedeath really don't know how to hold back does she.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Mar 23, 2016 12:48 PM

May 2015
Darklight0303 said:

Could not disagree more. Akame should get to finish her.
Hello, Darklight0303-san In my opinion Esdeath follow a point of view, she don't see herself "bad" just a predator. Someone that just follow the rules of nature. That is why I think she sided with the empire after evaluating that the way of the empire was simply the most suited for her skills and morals...

Evolutions is one of nature law and Tasumi have being evolving trough all the manga I'm not talking about his Incursio evolution/power I’m talking about being a naive, wimpy kid who knows nothing about how the real world works... That is why I choose him in my candidate for taking down a villain who follow the I’m the top predator around here until someone knock me down I’m not going to succumb to anyone.

Sure you can say Akame is the Heroine and is strong but she always had been strong physically & mentally heck the only department that she has evolve is in showing more of her emotions, so in my opinion she doesn’t fit with what all of that narrative the author made me read (Esdeath's father taught her, she always undermining the weak, etc.)

But hey, that is the beauty of a forum topic (comment section) weren’t supposed to have the same opinions and even if we share the same views, hearing people put their though (express themselves) of her/his beloved/hated manga in a forum it is what best describe in my opinion the best hobby in the world reading manga/watching anime...
Roy_FockerMar 23, 2016 6:01 PM
Mar 23, 2016 1:17 PM

Nov 2008
Well I hope the psycho cunt of a bitch drops dead in a chapter or 2.
Mar 23, 2016 2:20 PM

Jun 2014
So the ultimate Teigu is still a mecha, but it looks different compared to how it looked in the anime. I don't really care about that though, I'm more interested in Akame and Leone killing off their targets, as well as seeing how Tatsumi holds his own against Esdeath.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 23, 2016 2:21 PM

Apr 2015
Alright, what's here this month...

.Motherfucker its the Mecha from the anime! Dammit! *Sigh* I now owe someone some money off a bet I made. >_>

.Akame and Leone taking out more fodder. Ya-da ya-da ya-da.

.I rather like the feel of these last two chapters. Has an epic "war" thing to it, like this is the final battle. Not rushed at all like the anime did this. Its like some massive star wars battle now, except in a world of fantasy. Gives me goosebumps sometimes.

.So what the hell is Suzuka's doing again? Like... What's her job in the battle now? Just overseeing the battle, commanding lower ranked troops...? O.o

.Oh look, some older Teigu's are back now, cool.

.Oh fuck yes, please let Tatsumi and Esdeath fight one on one and uninterrupted for a while, please. Tatsumi's enhanced Tyrant mode has been hyped up for so long now, enough bullshitting. Lets see its full capabilities against the most powerful main antagonist in the series.

.Alright, still no Kurome or Wave this chapter... Just one mention of them... Takahiro, you better not screw with them off screen. I know how you work, you bastard. =.=

You know, not much progress happened this chapter. Kind of bordering on filler-ish. 2.9/5 Can't wait for next month, as per usual.
Mar 23, 2016 8:33 PM

Aug 2008
Just like the anime,it's a mecha. Sigh. Good fight from Esdeath.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 23, 2016 10:15 PM
Jul 2018
Hell yeah!, the fight between Tatsumi and Esdeath is on!. Feel a little disappointed about the ultimate teigu at first, but maybe it will surprise us all, maybe it's got different abilities than in the anime, who knows!?

I just hope Tatsumi doesn't die this time.. although the way things look, that's not happening... but I'm still clinging onto that XD
Mar 24, 2016 3:01 AM

Dec 2013
AmMar-Sama said:
Did you guys really expect that the Ultimate Teigu is going to be completely different? Why? Lol.. that's funny. Of course it would still be a mecha, I never doubted that.
I wonder how they will stop it though..

People said the same thing about Akame vs Kurome...
Mar 24, 2016 3:32 AM

May 2014
Ok so the start was pretty meh. The ice soldiers, whilst kind of interesting at the start, have become obnoxious in my opinion. I can understand the whole I can create more but it should have fatigued her even if ever so slightly. Not saying this wont happen later but if it doesn't its just silly.

Tatsumi vs Esdeath...well at this point it looks like hes just about keeping up with her. I don't really see him 1v1-ing her given that she is presented as OP as Sinbad from Magi, if not more so. Imo, it'll likely be a 1v1 until he starts to lose to her or lose himself to the Tyrant and then Akame will show up to help.

The ultimate teigu...well we kind of saw this coming. It isn't really a surprise. I'm more wondering, as some others I am sure, how they will handle it. If it is the ultimate teigu then it must have some insane power. It may take Wave coming back along with Tatsumi and Akame + other teigu users to stop it.

All in all not a bad chapter. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the fight but I don't see it going well for Tatsumi.
Mar 25, 2016 5:44 PM

Aug 2014
Well it's finally starting up! Quite deccent so far, Tatsumi vs Esdeath will be interesting to see.
Mar 26, 2016 5:45 AM

Feb 2014
The ultimate teigu mech is not THAT bad, better design than the anime that's for sure.
SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE MONEY!
Mar 26, 2016 10:54 AM

Apr 2015
All I got out of this chapter was tatsumi vs esdeath

Cool cool time to wait another month
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2016 11:16 AM

Sep 2013
I almost teared up seeing Extase again. Oh how we all miss you Sheele :'(

And it's nice to see Najenda still strategically more capable than Esdeath could hope to be.
Mar 26, 2016 6:36 PM

May 2015
so now tatsumi vs esdeath

who's next die confirmed : both of them
Mar 28, 2016 4:33 AM

Jan 2015
Damn so it really is a Mecha. I hope that at least it will be much different than the anime mecha. Really looking forward to Tatsumi vs Esdeath
Mar 31, 2016 7:00 AM

Oct 2014
Okay this was actually a really good chapter imo, well at least the Tatsumi vs Esdesse part was, oh man seeing her like that was amazing. This is a match up that has been built up for a long time so I'm really excited.

I find it pretty funny that the bullshit rule about only 1 person surviving a battle between teigus has been completely tossed out the window at this point

I kinda wanna see Najenda fight her as well

also wow so the imperial teigu really is a mecha
Apr 2, 2016 3:58 AM

Feb 2013
Boring chapter, too much Esdeath for my taste, I hate seeing her face.
Apr 2, 2016 7:20 AM

Jul 2008
Ultimate teigu is a mecha, nice to see a lot of familiar teigu in battle :D

Tatsumi is getting worm out with his battle against Esdeath so 1vs1 is not an option for him.
Apr 2, 2016 6:12 PM

Oct 2014
Inori_is_love said:
I find it pretty funny that the bullshit rule about only 1 person surviving a battle between teigus has been completely tossed out the window at this point

Its not really a rule, it's all about killing intent.
Apr 16, 2016 11:58 AM
Oct 2010
3-4 days and we'll get the 'long-awaited' mecha teigu. and maybe something else too.
May 13, 2016 10:54 AM

Aug 2014
Lol you gotta love Akame's idgaf attitude.

Finally! Been waiting for Tatsumi vs Esdeath for a while now.
Dec 19, 2016 3:58 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Seeing the Emperor activating the Ultimate Teigu, and the minister retelling us how he killed the parents of the of the little guy, was kinda sad, so they were both good people...

Esdeath is on fire, that battle with Tatsumi looks promising.
Sep 5, 2017 4:10 PM

Mar 2014
I'm so excited for this fight! Tatsumi x Esdeath is the real OTP
Dec 12, 2020 4:26 PM
Nov 2014
Esdeath is so cool and likeable, it's hard not to root for her in this battle. She should have been the prime minister of the empire. (Honest is a good villain but not better than Esdeath)
Jun 30, 2022 12:52 AM

Dec 2020
GC-Wave said:
Darklight0303 said:

hahaha those word make me go WTF?!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.