Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2010 10:20 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OP is good and ED is just full with guys lol...

But i like it sooo far... lol wat Hideyoshi summon get henshin lol...
Jan 6, 2010 10:48 AM

Nov 2007
Where did you watch this, and Christmas Special?

... seems lol but kind of like the rest of ecchi anime (edit: just that character by Kouki Miyata... Kouta Tsuchiya).

Shoukan is just creating miniature self!
tsubasaloverJan 7, 2010 4:05 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 6, 2010 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
OP wasn't really impressing, but the ED and the episode itself was.
Writing tests to recover hitpoints rofl, the fighting thing and all was not bad either. I could pass on that trap's transformation scene though.
And comedy was done very well. I hope it will continue like this.

/edit: totally forgot the random "Zetsubou shitaa", which came so sudden into a burst of laugh :>
Jan 6, 2010 12:18 PM

Aug 2009
It does seem part ecchi but the setting of the anime was very interesting. Battling for the better classroom lol Made me laugh :)

HoaRy said:

/edit: totally forgot the random "Zetsubou shitaa", which came so sudden into a burst of laugh :>

That was randomly hilarious when someone said that in the crowd lol

The yaoiness in the ED was lol I liked the song alot.
[right]

Jan 6, 2010 6:01 PM

Nov 2008
That was a bizarre little social satire. I'm still not sure what to make of it. It's almost like a Sports anime in disguise.
Jan 6, 2010 6:55 PM

Feb 2008
Loved it!
Jan 6, 2010 7:47 PM

Apr 2009
what's with that ED? hahaha.. good thing this is comedy.. coz i just lol'd on the bishie-ness..

i think i'm gonna love this series coz of all the lulz.. and the characters are generically eccentric enough to make the whole series fun..
Jan 6, 2010 11:51 PM
Apr 2009
Looks like a good addition to Weiss Survive. Even though craziness level is much lower.
Jan 7, 2010 2:07 AM

Sep 2008
Oh well sub by gg is out...

I really hope SS-Eclipse sub this anime like Seitokai...
Jan 7, 2010 2:57 AM

Mar 2008
That was pretty innovative and fun. Since I am a sucker for RPGs I liked what I was seeing. Transformation scenes can also never be wrong.

The OP was also pretty nice, though the ED topped that easily.

I don't have high expactations for the rest of the show since it can only get worse with shows like this (like it was the case with Seitokai), but so far I am sold.

Looking forward to episode 2.
Jan 7, 2010 3:02 AM

Sep 2008
Hah, I loved the first episode, it was...just so fun... and trap...mmmm
I am definitely going to enjoy this show.

Loved the OP, the ED wasn't bad... but too many guys...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2010 3:21 AM

Jun 2009
Engrish OP is ewww and ED is meh. The show is not as bad as I thought, it is somewhat 'original' so I'll probably continue to watch.
Jan 7, 2010 4:05 AM
May 2009
Awesome, hilarious, light-hearted show (with a kind-of-a-plot!). Hope they keep this up.
Jan 7, 2010 4:46 AM

Feb 2008
This show is so awesomely random that I kept LOL-ing and WTF-ing every other minute
Jan 7, 2010 5:16 AM

Oct 2009
Loved OP another of my favorites goes on my profile. ED was great too and liked less than OP but still like it. I detected some great parodies of Seitokai no Ichizon and Ef-A Tales of Memories (in the ED some elements reminded of this)=>
. Like Himeji reminds me of a between Louise from Zero no Tsukaima and Aka-chan of Seitokai no Ichizon with bigger breasts.=>
Yoshii was nice enough to save Himejii but got flunked to F Class because of that. System pretty well explained but I find it cheesy of how rich is the A class. Yujii is funny and serious. Hideyoshi Kinoshita is a guy? I got completely into the trap again if so. Minami is likable. Hideyoshi must be the best with his picture taking of girl's underwear I find myself laugh quite a lot here because of him=>
and in RPG heals with picture taking? Rofl. The whole RPG was good (particularly Minami Shimada as a cute Chibi form)=>
particularly when Himeji becomes some super transforming Heroine with massive damage. Particularly liked all the jokes and there is even some ecchi=>
I am going to love this series as much as Seitokai no Ichizon maybe even more. Hiromi Nakabayashi is interesting herself from Class E. I smell trouble here around these parts=>
A little better explanation of the system but to me it was confusing until I made a map of mines to better memorize=>
Nice jokes in original idea to make laugh=>
Overall it will be good and who liked Seitokai no Ichizon should come and see this!
_gigaflare said:
This show is so awesomely random that I kept LOL-ing and WTF-ing every other minute
Well I was also in that kind of mood but so was I Seitokai no Ichizon like that too.
Forever said:
That was pretty innovative
Very much innovative, never such a nice mixture of elements.
Forever said:
I don't have high expectations for the rest of the show since it can only get worse with shows like this (like it was the case with Seitokai), but so far I am sold.
Seitokai is similar to this but this has more elements that might have made Seitokai a good success in the same mindset.
porkypink said:
It does seem part ecchi
Lol...there was 2 scenes only that were noticed the rest not really. But I don't mind since I am interested in both girls stuck to Yoshii and that student girl from class A.
uis said:
Oh well sub by gg is out...I really hope SS-Eclipse sub this anime like Seitokai...
Oh great I can watch it again! :D
francismeunierJan 7, 2010 5:24 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 7, 2010 5:32 AM

Jul 2009
LOL that was FUN..impressive
Jan 7, 2010 5:33 AM

Nov 2008
This lived up to my low expectations. As soon as I saw the animation, it was obvious in the first minute to me that icing doesn't make a cake taste good. Not funny and generic character designs. It's still too early to judge the story but I damn well bet it's average.
Jan 7, 2010 5:39 AM

Nov 2008
I might have judged this show too soon on its trailer, it's actually more fun to watch than I expected. So far it doesn't smell of 'generic', yet. Of course, the whole grade system in that school is ridiculous, but the way how they can change classes by improving their grades and winning in the fights are a quite nice aspect. At least they will have something to 'fight' for now. (And hoping that will limit the outcome for a plotless show)
Jan 7, 2010 6:00 AM

Dec 2007
I didn't expect this show to be this awesome. Hell, I was only going to watch it because of Hideyoshi. I also liked his transformation sequence and his reaction "Why was I the only one with a transformation sequence?"

The OP isn't anything special. However, besides being pretty homo, the ED has a nice song.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 7, 2010 6:12 AM

Dec 2009
This is a great episode, it really hooked me in. I mean RPG and tests were a world apart, but it's now a refreshing new combination!

This series was so much better than anything out so far this season.
Jan 7, 2010 6:51 AM
Jun 2009
loved the ED...the OP not so much though..
the episode itself was really good...i was like wtf o0 the first few minutes though xD.
also the speech part was epic :O..
lvlachineJan 7, 2010 6:59 AM
Jan 7, 2010 6:56 AM
Dec 2009
I'm not sure what this is parody-ing, but it's awesomely terrible, and I love it.
Jan 7, 2010 7:05 AM
Dec 2008
Wow, this school's system is quite.... good actually. It encourages the students to be more serious in their studies, not to mention if they don't they'll experience shitty amenities XD

A strong start for this anime, so many likable characters. I'm sure gonna follow this one, oh and the ED is probably the most manliest thing I've seen in my life
Jan 7, 2010 7:22 AM

Aug 2009
Amazing first episode, I loved it! I'm looking forward to the second episode.

I'm hoping this will be better than Seitokai no Ichizon. Its first episode was amazing but the rest was a letdown.
Jan 7, 2010 7:42 AM

Jan 2009
I approve of this school system. ( ̄ー ̄)
Hmm.. Why does Yoshii look like a retard? I mean.. He looks perfectly fine in the manga ( ̄Д ̄)
Though the op is perfectly fine, something that will never be seen in a manga ┐('~`;)┌
Oh and Kouta's cool btw ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Also, Hideyoshi doesn't looks as much a trap as in the manga (¬_¬)
And I still don't get how Himeji can be a smart girl, since she's quite airheaded. ( ◔ ◔)
Also, I don't remember anyone from Class A stalking outside the classroom ಠ_ಠ Does this account as a anime/manga difference? ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
What's more, they've cut some stuff, and added some other stuff ٩(๏_๏)۶ But that might be for the better, assuming that the anime gets the same standard as the manga. I mean.. Two great stories are better than one, right? ヽ(´Д`ヽ)

As far as I know, it's a pretty acceptable cast as well, at least 2 of 'em which I know.
Kato Emiri (Mayoi - Bakemonogatari, Kiko - Darker than BLACK, Kagami - Lucky Star etc.) and Shimono Hiro (Tetsu - Cencoroll, Hiro - ef, Tadashi - Special A, Higuchi - Asura Cryin'). ( ´∀`)
Think I recognize a few more, but nothing that strikes me like obvious right now. Will look into it though.
Also, I was expecting Himeji to have a super-annoying voice, since she looks like the kind of character that would have one, but apparantly, it's not that annoying
( ¯‿¯)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 7, 2010 7:51 AM

May 2008
Not nearly has bad as I thought It would be, but the pink aired girl still makes me want to kill myself.

And I miss having to do math exercises as easy as those, yes I did some of them for some reason
StriderMSJan 7, 2010 7:55 AM
Jan 7, 2010 7:59 AM

Aug 2009
The OP was making me think "generic" but I was so so so sooooo wrong. This was just fantastic. As I am into RPG's, this was a very win first episode. Also, I really liked gg's subs for some reason ("Jesus Christ my spine!"). ED was lots of fun. I listened to it about twice.

Favorite moments were "Why was I the only one to get a transformation sequence," the voyeur dude's "death scene" and Yuuji invoking his inner Kamina.

And yes, the random "Zetsubou shita" invoked much lol'ing from me.
Jan 7, 2010 8:22 AM

Nov 2009
Oosran said:
And I still don't get how Himeji can be a smart girl, since she's quite airheaded. ( ◔ ◔)

I agree to an extent but you know her airheaded-ness could just be that she's clumsy and lacking in the common-sense department, but not necessarily lacking in the brainpower to think through problems.anything school related...if that makes ANY sense at all XD Like even if someone is a bit airheaded they can still be intelligent/booksmart...*is really bad at trying to explain things* Of course I've only seen on episode so far, so who the hell really knows at this point (and if there's a manga for this I haven't read it xD)

XD; as for the anime itself I actually found this to be quite entertaining, it gave me a few chuckles and the animation is nice <3 I love how they did like a screen tone effect on some of the backgrounds :'D it looked...cool and shiny XD

EDIT:: OMG with this post my post count is now 123 lolol :'D [/random]
Jan 7, 2010 8:24 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well that was entertaining. Kouta's getting on my freaking nerves already but the rest was nicely refreshing. Blue-haired rep looks awesome, looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 7, 2010 8:26 AM

Feb 2008
Haha, that was cool. Chibis are always good and this show has quite some cute ones.
Jan 7, 2010 8:33 AM

Nov 2007
Every bit as entertaining as I expected it to be. OP/ED are also great. I expect greater things to come.
Jan 7, 2010 8:34 AM

Oct 2009
Ahah that was so funny xD Loved the ED :D and the panties-seeing part was just lol
Jan 7, 2010 8:49 AM

Jun 2007
Oh wow, that was easily the shittiest thing I have watched in a while - and I mean I have watched the rest of shows that started this winter so far.

Going to rewatch Mars of Destruction now..
Jan 7, 2010 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
That was great. I've found my replacement for Seitokai.
Jan 7, 2010 8:58 AM

Nov 2008
Mathes said:
Oh wow, that was easily the shittiest thing I have watched in a while - and I mean I have watched the rest of shows that started this winter so far.

Going to rewatch Mars of Destruction now..

I feel you, man.
Jan 7, 2010 8:59 AM

Sep 2009
Loved it!! -One fun anime-

Hilarious to death XD

Ofcourse didnt expect awesome OP or ending themes hence no feelings of dissapointment..

"Was I the only one with the transformation sequence" -Suou should really hear this XD
Jan 7, 2010 9:11 AM

Jun 2008
a lot better than I expected. But I really hate the pink-haired girl.
Jan 7, 2010 9:37 AM

Jul 2008
that is a kind of screwed up school system, but i guess it does give them incentive to work harder. class f is like entirely guys except for two girls, one b/c she was sick and the other b/c she can't read kanji well- just something i wanted to point out.
so they lost many battles but they won the war, bad news class a challenges them right after, how exactly is that fair?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 7, 2010 9:37 AM

Jul 2008
Mathes said:

really? Chu-bra! doesn't come to mind? lol

Jan 7, 2010 9:39 AM

Sep 2007
No, he just want to troll ! :D
He dislike little funny creatures !
I'm sure he hate sex with Pokemons & Digimons !**
So far, liked this episode more than i thought.
Jan 7, 2010 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
I didn't expect much from this, but it seems like it could have some cool board game anime/manga strategizing and the humor was good. Shinbo's protege didn't disappoint with the directing, either.

garfield15 said:
Also, I really liked gg's subs for some reason ("Jesus Christ my spine!").
Yeah, that was hilarious.
Jan 7, 2010 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
This is one weird anime, lol. But I guess this is good too if you're bored.
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Jan 7, 2010 11:29 AM

Feb 2009
This is so retarded I just have to continue to watch. And wtf is with KKK?
Jan 7, 2010 11:31 AM

Jan 2009
Alexstratz said:
And wtf is with KKK?
FFF mind you 8D
Or they might just be dunces with the class' letter embroidered in the dunce's hat : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 7, 2010 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
Seems fun and good for a few laughs. If it doesn't get marginally worse as the series goes on, I get the feeliing this might be one of this seasons series I'll look forward to each week.
Jan 7, 2010 11:46 AM
Aug 2008
The plot/characters aren't all that interesting but the pacing and comedy is fairly good :'D
It seems to have taken alot of inspiration from SHAFT anime, style-wise OwO
Jan 7, 2010 12:21 PM

May 2009
wow this was the most retarded anime i ever watched. chibis, rpg elements, wtf moments. the only missing thing was senseless shitty ecchi
i'm definitely watching this
Jan 7, 2010 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
nosferatu-chan said:
It seems to have taken alot of inspiration from SHAFT anime, style-wise OwO

Look at what the Director made in his past, half of the staff came from there.
Jan 7, 2010 12:28 PM

Feb 2009
That was AWESOME!Indeed a great first episode!

Aren't those an epic last words?!

The crowd's reactions made me lol

The lion's roar here was sooo funny,lol

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jan 7, 2010 12:39 PM

Aug 2009
OH hell. This was 'unexpectedly' good. From what I've seen, there were lots of SHAFT style expressions. Whitelink, ha? I will keep watch you guys.

It was very random. Comedy was good. I liked it.

'Zetsubou Shita'
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

uis - Jan 20, 2010

170 by RGreatDanton »»
May 13, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

uis - Jan 13, 2010

209 by RGreatDanton »»
May 13, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 31, 2010

218 by Karva1 »»
Feb 9, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 17, 2010

140 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 3, 2010

160 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.