Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2016 2:46 PM

Jan 2015
I watched all of To Love Ru through Darkness season 1, and will watch season 2 soon, was just waiting for it to finish before, but i am curious if they will focus on Lala again?

Please dont spoil or anything, a simple yes or no should sufice. I just want to know if she will be the main girl and not feel like a side character like she has been. I really liked the first seasons much more because she was my favorite girl kind of, but then they started making her feel like a side character, and a not important one at that.
"Make it flashier!" -Maid Chou Anime List
Mar 9, 2016 2:54 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Darkness has always been about aiming for the harem ending. So no she's never gotten back to being the 'main' heroine and I doubt she ever will. However, seeing as Momo's harem plan still hinges on Rito becoming the next king of Deviluke, he still logically has to marry Lala eventually for everything to work out. Though she'll probably just be the 'legal wife' and it'll still be a harem in practice I reckon, but only time will tell
Mar 9, 2016 3:02 PM

Jan 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Darkness has always been about aiming for the harem ending. So no she's never gotten back to being the 'main' heroine and I doubt she ever will. However, seeing as Momo's harem plan still hinges on Rito becoming the next king of Deviluke, he still logically has to marry Lala eventually for everything to work out. Though she'll probably just be the 'legal wife' and it'll still be a harem in practice I reckon, but only time will tell

I mean i know they are kind of going for the harem ending, but she is basically nonexistent it feels like half the time.
Mar 9, 2016 3:19 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Dawnslicer said:
HaXXspetten said:

I mean i know they are kind of going for the harem ending, but she is basically nonexistent it feels like half the time.
I think it's mostly because everyone already knows that she likes Rito, and also that she is in fact willing to share him if need be (as she told Haruna towards the end of the original TLR). So she's already prepared for the harem ending. On the other hand there are many other girls who still have quite a ways to go before they'll be able to reach that point, and so the manga spends much more time building up their affection points instead. Lala already had the spotlight role in the original. Now the others are trying to catch up. It's like a ship that won't set sail until all the passangers have gotten onboard. Lala is already at the ship waiting for the others to get there so the ship can set sail, but she doesn't have anywhere further to go on her own. Think that'd be the basic gist of it
Mar 9, 2016 3:38 PM

Jan 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Dawnslicer said:

I think it's mostly because everyone already knows that she likes Rito, and also that she is in fact willing to share him if need be (as she told Haruna towards the end of the original TLR). So she's already prepared for the harem ending. On the other hand there are many other girls who still have quite a ways to go before they'll be able to reach that point, and so the manga spends much more time building up their affection points instead. Lala already had the spotlight role in the original. Now the others are trying to catch up. It's like a ship that won't set sail until all the passangers have gotten onboard. Lala is already at the ship waiting for the others to get there so the ship can set sail, but she doesn't have anywhere further to go on her own. Think that'd be the basic gist of it

Man that kind of sucks :/ Show is still good, just wish they would approach it a little different. Nice explanation though, really well thought out without even remotely using spoilers really.
Mar 9, 2016 8:56 PM
Oct 2014
Even though Lala's not my favorite character, I kind of wish they would focus more on the original love triangle. I liked the show more when it was a typical ecchi harem comedy. Departing from that with the adventure elements of Darkness 1 and 2 detracts a little from it.

I still enjoy it; I just don't enjoy the new seasons quite as much as the original.
Mar 9, 2016 9:10 PM

Aug 2015
I'm in a similar boat. I finished Darkness a week or two ago, and have yet to start Darkness season 2. I liked Darkness alright, but I definitely miss having Lala as the main girl. She's so much more fun to me than any of the other ones.

Despite the fact that I like quite a few harem anime, I actually kind of find the concepts of harems to be annoying. I like all the girls so I'll probably always watch the series if they continue to put out more seasons. Rito is really starting to get on my nerves though honestly, he's just such a static, boring character to me. It's one reason I'm watching some other stuff to take a break before I go to Darkness season 2.
"How can we go on a quest to regenerate the world if we can’t even save the people standing right in front of us?!" -Lloyd Irving, Tales of Symphonia
Mar 9, 2016 11:10 PM

Jan 2015
lasterrending said:
Even though Lala's not my favorite character, I kind of wish they would focus more on the original love triangle. I liked the show more when it was a typical ecchi harem comedy. Departing from that with the adventure elements of Darkness 1 and 2 detracts a little from it.

I still enjoy it; I just don't enjoy the new seasons quite as much as the original.

Basically how i feel about it.
Mar 9, 2016 11:11 PM

Jan 2015
RPG_Hero said:
I'm in a similar boat. I finished Darkness a week or two ago, and have yet to start Darkness season 2. I liked Darkness alright, but I definitely miss having Lala as the main girl. She's so much more fun to me than any of the other ones.

Despite the fact that I like quite a few harem anime, I actually kind of find the concepts of harems to be annoying. I like all the girls so I'll probably always watch the series if they continue to put out more seasons. Rito is really starting to get on my nerves though honestly, he's just such a static, boring character to me. It's one reason I'm watching some other stuff to take a break before I go to Darkness season 2.

Yeah, i love harems, but in one like that, when they establish a main girl so clearly at the start its hard to not want her to stay the main girl. Just kind of irritated me when i watched darkness a while ago. I love the show still but its just not as good as it used to be imo.
Mar 26, 2016 7:53 AM
Dec 2015
Dawnslicer said:
I watched all of To Love Ru through Darkness season 1, and will watch season 2 soon, was just waiting for it to finish before, but i am curious if they will focus on Lala again?

Please dont spoil or anything, a simple yes or no should sufice. I just want to know if she will be the main girl and not feel like a side character like she has been. I really liked the first seasons much more because she was my favorite girl kind of, but then they started making her feel like a side character, and a not important one at that.

same question man will we have lala again? :/ and should i see the manga? they say tlr and its manga are quiet different?
Mar 26, 2016 7:55 AM
Dec 2015
Hey guys,

So basically what the title says. I want to know the chapters that were not in the anime. If someone know could you tell as I don't want to go through all 162 chapters. Could you also do the same for To Love Ru Darkness as I finished the second anime season and want to know of any chapters that I missed in the manga.

Thanks
Jun 24, 2016 2:20 PM
Dec 2015
Dawnslicer said:

will to love ru ever focus on lala again ? please say something lol
Jun 27, 2016 4:34 PM
Jun 2016
I hope To Love-Ru can focus on rito's harem plan, and can focus on lala and rito again
Jul 18, 2016 9:20 PM
Jul 2016
Probably not... Lala had her shot at being a main, and it is very unlikely that she will become the main character again. Lala is my favorite character so far and I really want her to be the main character. However, it will not happen... Which kind of saddens me...
Jan 12, 2017 1:23 PM

Jul 2015
Yes, in Darkness 2 , Lala is more important, and her feelings for Rito are still strong, and she lets him know that she still loves him, etc.
Jan 12, 2017 2:36 PM

Jun 2016
Why would they waste their time with Lala, when they have someone like Momo who is 10x more popular?

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Jan 18, 2017 11:39 PM

Oct 2016
Fufufufufufufufufufu.

Momo is the hottest character in the show.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

May 13, 2018 8:23 AM
Nov 2015
I want Lala too.
She is the only reason for me to follow TLR seasons :)
I love ecchi-romance-comedy manga!
Aug 29, 2019 8:17 AM
Aug 2019
Will love to see Lala as focus of the series again. Lala had lot of unpredictability of being an alien on the Earth, which seem to have been lost entirely in the darkness series. Too much harem focus has made it pretty predictable and boring.

Despite looking to be like harem ending I think they might end with Lala being with Rito finally.
Feb 10, 2021 9:59 AM
May 2020
Aditya30 said:
I want Lala too.
She is the only reason for me to follow TLR seasons :)

RPG_Hero said:

I agree, I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons of to love ru but I disliked darkness because lala wasn't the main girl
May 23, 2021 7:08 PM
May 2021
Well tbh, I would be kinda pissed and sad if Lala won't be the main character again. I can understand, but I need to know where is Lala going and what is she doing. If she suddenly disappears, I would be sad.
May 23, 2021 7:09 PM
May 2021
arifulramadhan said:
I hope To Love-Ru can focus on rito's harem plan, and can focus on lala and rito again
Yes! Someone actually agrees with me!
May 23, 2021 7:10 PM
May 2021
Yuki_Nonaka said:
Fufufufufufufufufufu.

Momo is the hottest character in the show.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

We know brotha! Episode 8 Love To Ru darkness is my fav episode. Mam bit her finger so she don't moan

More topics from this board

» im so drunk

RuiMurasaki - May 2, 2023

18 by Wendoka »»
Mar 16, 10:29 PM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 13, 2008

77 by Weiwei_Wu »»
Feb 12, 11:48 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zvuc - May 3, 2008

72 by Dywei »»
Jan 30, 9:02 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

datsunvic - Apr 24, 2008

97 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Apr 17, 2008

81 by Dywei »»
Jan 11, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.