Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 26, 2016 7:37 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverFeb 26, 2016 11:12 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 28, 2016 11:36 AM

Jun 2010
Mehn, I cant believe these guys baited me through 5 whole movies.
Who ever was in charge of setting up the previews and trailers is a genius.

This really proves I'm a blind fanatic when it comes to the original Code Geass.
TheLastKing360Feb 28, 2016 11:41 AM
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Feb 28, 2016 12:20 PM

Apr 2012
5/10 for this movie.
6/10 for the entire series.

As a code geass fan I refuse to admit this series is a part of main story of code geass.

That's all.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 28, 2016 1:57 PM
Oct 2009
My feelings are more positive. I think this was an okay conclusion. Not necessarily great, but good enough for the purposes of a side story.

The last entry would get a 6 or 7 out of 10 from me and the entire OVA a grade of 7 or 8, depending on my exact thoughts at the time of writing.

The mecha action sequences continue to be the primary highlight, admittedly, yet I am satisfied with the resolutions of the Akito/Leila relationship and the Akito vs. Shin conflict.

There are those who probably expected something exactly in the same vein as the TV show and had no interest in seeing different ideas at work. Except that wasn't the purpose of this project and I am glad to have experienced it.

Some ideas were better than others, of course, but I don't see any real problems connecting this OVA with the rest of the story.
Feb 28, 2016 3:29 PM

May 2013
awesome fight as usual. it hard to follow.
conclusion with his brother also satisfied. Remind me with relationship between saske and itachi.

for story, it little weak. but, animation and character, I liked all of them. 9/10.
Feb 28, 2016 7:05 PM

Sep 2014
Damn this movie is great especially those fighting scenes as expected from this OVA series. Good conclusion for me especially the two siblings and that realization, some tears shed.

This scene
Feb 28, 2016 7:28 PM

Jan 2009
phewww, i thought all the heroes will die because they did not show up in the second season of Code Geass, but im glad all of them are alive and are now living with the gypsy bandwagon

overall nice side story for Code Geass, the 3DCG mecha battles are awesome!
Mar 12, 2016 9:00 PM

Apr 2014
Wow, I am pleasantly surprised by a good ending for once. This show gets a 9 from me just for that reason.
Mar 19, 2016 8:30 PM

Apr 2014
its funny how they teased fans with suzaku, CC and lelouch and they end up being almost irrelevant to the plot
Mar 20, 2016 1:18 PM
Oct 2009
Actually, I thought that was a good thing.

It was always rather clear to me that they weren't playing a major role here.

If I wanted to see them being relevant to the plot, there's 50 episodes of anime to rewatch.

Just a guest appearance is more than enough. The new story wasn't about them.
Apr 6, 2016 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
i only watched for lelouch tbh but he ended up doing nothing
jk
i enjoyed the movie, but it was kinda cliche i guess
7/10
Apr 6, 2016 11:55 AM
Apr 2016
the plot is even worse than the original code geass which is saying something considering that story was all over the place.

Nonethless I still enjoyed the show quite a bit, the female main as well as the other side characters are more likable and the fight scenes are much more flashy.
Apr 6, 2016 1:21 PM

Aug 2013
Unfortunately, Akito & co wouldn't go to Japan..
Apr 6, 2016 2:17 PM
Feb 2009
aww dat kiss at the end Leila x Akito so cute and omg Rolo!!
Apr 6, 2016 5:08 PM
Nov 2012
I kind of liked the movie, but i feel there was something wrong with that ending, i'm not wanting a sad ending but it kind of feels meh, they could of gone to Japan, & shown us what the other member were doing. Also i think rolo had a different voice actor.

The point where i saw shin get the geass made me realize i never though who actually gave it to him. but i feel the skull guy was just created on the spot to fill some plothole, unlike the Dimensional Supervisor who kind of has her reasons, it would've been also interesting what the Dimensional Supervisor thinks of charles ragnarok plan.

I guess one of the sad parts is that i want to know what happenes to Leila & Akito during r2 when the eu falls it would've been interesting but don't think it will happen unless otherwise.
Apr 6, 2016 6:36 PM

Jan 2008
LazerEyeBeam said:
I kind of liked the movie, but i feel there was something wrong with that ending, i'm not wanting a sad ending but it kind of feels meh, they could of gone to Japan, & shown us what the other member were doing. Also i think rolo had a different voice actor.

The point where i saw shin get the geass made me realize i never though who actually gave it to him. but i feel the skull guy was just created on the spot to fill some plothole, unlike the Dimensional Supervisor who kind of has her reasons, it would've been also interesting what the Dimensional Supervisor thinks of charles ragnarok plan.

I guess one of the sad parts is that i want to know what happenes to Leila & Akito during r2 when the eu falls it would've been interesting but don't think it will happen unless otherwise.

The only way they could plausibly go to Japan would be with a flashfoward, but there wasn't any time left to do so. They might still decide to include something like that in a Picture Drama. The final episode has not been physically released yet, so the last Picture Drama won't be available until the end of April.

Rolo's voice actor is exactly the same, but he's apparently speaking in a different tone. Probably because he hadn't even met Lelouch at this point in time, so he hadn't settled into the false "brotherly" personality. The skull was inside the painting, which briefly appeared in Akito 2 or 3. That suggests they were always thinking about incluidng such an element within the story, even if it wasn't explained in detail.

Finally, I think the Dimensional Supervisor could have been present during the Ragnarok Connection and might have been -in retrospect- the entity that listened to Lelouch's request and stopped the plan. But obviously not everyone could see her (since she didn't exist yet, sure, but the explanation provided in this final Akito chapter also fits).
Apr 6, 2016 7:34 PM

Jul 2014
bunny1ov3r said:
5/10 for this movie.
6/10 for the entire series.

As a code geass fan I refuse to admit this series is a part of main story of code geass.

That's all.

Mirrors my experience with the whole movie series, I didn't really enjoy this at all.
Apr 6, 2016 8:27 PM

Jan 2014
Bleh, story for this one iis.... meh and filled with cliches and deus ex albeit they did explain it... somewhat half assed way... but explanation nonetheless.
Action is definitely the highlights. Those choreography with cinematography fights are just intense and amazing to watch. Soundtrack fits too though none stands out from the rest.

They tied Lelouch and Suzaku nicely to R2 but they don't have much impact in the series.... it's like they just put them there for the sake of.... advertisement.

So I'm guessing the skull guy is like what, half of the World of C while the Dimensional Supervisor is the other half? The lack of explanation is astounding. Need more! Sunrise milk this series more!!

7/10 for the entire series. Not bad but could've been done better.
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Apr 7, 2016 12:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a really nice ending and I'm glad that it didn't and with a lot of tragedy either

Action scenes were epic as usual, visuals were great, music was cool and everything wrapped up pretty nicely....Plus the OTP got to set sail this time around :D

I really liked how they ended it with R2 greatness setup as well....Fucking Rolo lol.....Other than that, I kinda want to know how Akito and the gang are doing at the end of R2 now

9/10 for the finale and 8/10 overall for the series
Apr 7, 2016 1:13 AM

Apr 2011
Used Lelouch for 5 episodes :( It wasn't waste of time, It was waste of years. Need to forget this asap.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Apr 7, 2016 2:40 AM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

The braid have no connection with geass and controling. Only Leyla is that who can negate any other geass, with her blue geass. You missunderstand.
Apr 7, 2016 4:32 AM

Jan 2011
Fuck the war lets be gypsies. A rather more light hearted end than I was expecting.
Apr 7, 2016 10:18 AM

Mar 2016
The worst episode yet, not that previous episodes were great but they were OK...This one is pure crap, one hour of robots pumping into each others, you could be also watching Bay Transformers movies. Terrible execution, character's motivations that make no sense and an ending that's so terrible and so afraid to be anything like the original anime.
Apr 7, 2016 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
Why was Lelouch and Suzaku locked up?
Apr 7, 2016 2:04 PM

Feb 2013
The worst of these movies by far.
Even the ending was weird, they left to live with the gypsy's.
Apr 7, 2016 2:23 PM

Jan 2015
I actually didn't mind the story so far but this last one was kinda wack, at least it had some decent mech battles *shrugs*

6/10
Apr 7, 2016 7:23 PM

Jun 2013
Why jean must die ????? WHY???? WHY????????? WHY ??????????? WHY ???????
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JJJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 7, 2016 7:50 PM

Jun 2010
Lol, this crappy OVA series makes me appreciate Sunrise decision not to make a season 3 of Code Geass or anything even close to an after story OVA.

They've obviously lost their epic anime making talent and decent plot writing abilities
and replaced it with robot hentai where giants bots pound into each other till one of them gets too sore to continue.
throwing all signs of reasonable plot into the wind.
TheLastKing360Apr 8, 2016 5:34 PM
Apr 7, 2016 10:31 PM

Aug 2012
So this whole thing is because their Mother is a whore?
Apr 8, 2016 9:42 AM
Dec 2008
While I do think they leaned a little too much on the supernatural side of things in order to come to a quick resolution, which weakened the writing to a certain extent, I wasn't personally bothered by most of what actually happened. It was expected that Shin would inevitably die and that Leila's Geass would need to be something truly unusual in order to justify not using it before -or after- this point in the story.

That being said, I would argue the supernatural elements weren't too hard to understand for me. Then again, I wasn't troubled by those of the original show either, not even during the Ragnarok Connection episode.

Honestly, I believe it's fine to have a more traditional ending after all has been said and done, instead of trying to go for more tragedy. Akito and Leila deserve to have a rest and live away from all of the conflicts around them.

I didn't expect Lelouch and Suzaku to do anything here, so that's fine by me.

If I had to judge the final OVA itself, I would give the battles a higher rating than most of the other aspects. The characters themselves were alright, in spite of Shin's messed up background history, and I thought the direction was ultimately better than the narrative. Decent enough for a spin-off, but hopefully the next project will not suffer from so many delays and limitations.

sameerio said:
Why was Lelouch and Suzaku locked up?

Because Shin already had Lelouch at gunpoint during the last part of OVA 3.

That's why there wasn't anything Suzaku could do other than give himself up.
richard360 said:
Lol, this crappy OVA series makes me appreciate Clamps decision not to make a season 3 of Code Geass or anything even close to an after story OVA.

CLAMP doesn't make any decisions about Code Geass.

Decoysknight said:
So this whole thing is because their Mother is a whore?

I suppose, since you could say that family drama was the source of Shin's insanity.
MadonisApr 8, 2016 9:51 AM
Apr 8, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2009
The quality of each episode (Story and Character wise) kept declining for me.

I liked the ending song.. I guess?

Overall, OST isn't the most amazing thing I've heard.
The main characters I liked but not enough to get attached to any of them, to the point that when they all "died" I already knew they weren't really going to die.

The explosion didn't even phase me, same for the gun down scene because right before that we were told that Geass could change the past in a way.

Leila I liked, but she was.. useless. What I mean by that is that we only see her take down like 2-3 people with her fighting skills, and then when she gets in a robot she doesn't really do much.
And when I thought she would get some development with the gypsies she doesn't. We just see her fail at everything.

Also, everyone become close just felt rushed and like "YAY! WE'RE ALL FRIENDS NOW! 8D" they had some character building and I get that they do spend time together but not enough for me to believe that friendship as the series tries to sell it.

And some of the characters seemed to come off as psychopaths and then all of the sudden they're comic relief. Like Ashley, he just seemed crazy and then all of the sudden 'Oh look! I'm comic relief!' same for that creepy short haired kid. He wasn't comic relief but I wasn't sure if he was psycho or just liked to act as such.

Then there's the staff of the castle being super attached to everyone when I rarely saw them interact..

I guess I'm just mostly disappointed at the fact that everyone was every trope I expected them to be. I expected the purple haired girl to go crazy like the one from the original series that was psycho for Euphemia..

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they get happy endings and that almost no one died. But I call BS on some of those deaths that never happened. x'D

So overall, not a bad series but not above average other than the fights.
Click it! :D
Apr 8, 2016 5:39 PM

Jun 2010
Madonis said:
CLAMP doesn't make any decisions about Code Geass.

Thanks for the correction, no idea what I was smoking, I meant Sunrise.
Apr 8, 2016 7:17 PM
Dec 2014
Defiantly the best episode in the series (main series excluded).

Shin's motivation is finally shown(even if flimsy)
Lots of good action
Everything was wrapped up nicely
And the most important factor; a scene with boobs
Apr 9, 2016 1:24 AM
Dec 2008
HazukiSama said:

The main characters I liked but not enough to get attached to any of them, to the point that when they all "died" I already knew they weren't really going to die.

For the record...those who died (for they did, at least in one time line and/or parallel universe) were mostly secondary or tertiary people.

Leila I liked, but she was.. useless. What I mean by that is that we only see her take down like 2-3 people with her fighting skills, and then when she gets in a robot she doesn't really do much.
And when I thought she would get some development with the gypsies she doesn't. We just see her fail at everything.

I'd strongly disagree with the argument that "usefulness" is measured by robot piloting skills. She's not supposed to be a good inside a mecha, but that's not a problem with the character. It's simply a trait she lacks.

On the contrary, I would say she did get some development while/after staying with the gypsies (but not necessarily through them, as such, since arguably Akito and even Klaus did more to help her see things in a different way). Moreover, Leila was responsible for the defenses around the castle and they were useful even if the OVA didn't stress that point as much as it should have.

And some of the characters seemed to come off as psychopaths and then all of the sudden they're comic relief. Like Ashley, he just seemed crazy and then all of the sudden 'Oh look! I'm comic relief!' same for that creepy short haired kid. He wasn't comic relief but I wasn't sure if he was psycho or just liked to act as such.

Ashley was never all that psychopathic, to be honest. Just more of a simple-minded person who enjoyed fighting and taking risks but also cared for his friends (like his subordinates and, later on, the rest of Akito's team). The small comic relief angle doesn't really change him too much in my opinion.

Then there's the staff of the castle being super attached to everyone when I rarely saw them interact..

I'd say this is more of a problem with your mindset than with the material. We did see them interact before, both in the main story as well as in some of the extra features (you probably haven't watched them, although I don't blame you for that), but even if we hadn't it makes sense since they were all working together.

I guess I'm just mostly disappointed at the fact that everyone was every trope I expected them to be. I expected the purple haired girl to go crazy like the one from the original series that was psycho for Euphemia..

This statement seems amusingly contradictory, at least to a degree.
Apr 9, 2016 4:39 AM

Apr 2009
Madonis said:
HazukiSama said:

For the record...those who died (for they did, at least in one time line and/or parallel universe) were mostly secondary or tertiary people.

I'd strongly disagree with the argument that "usefulness" is measured by robot piloting skills. She's not supposed to be a good inside a mecha, but that's not a problem with the character. It's simply a trait she lacks.

On the contrary, I would say she did get some development while/after staying with the gypsies (but not necessarily through them, as such, since arguably Akito and even Klaus did more to help her see things in a different way). Moreover, Leila was responsible for the defenses around the castle and they were useful even if the OVA didn't stress that point as much as it should have.

Ashley was never all that psychopathic, to be honest. Just more of a simple-minded person who enjoyed fighting and taking risks but also cared for his friends (like his subordinates and, later on, the rest of Akito's team). The small comic relief angle doesn't really change him too much in my opinion.

I'd say this is more of a problem with your mindset than with the material. We did see them interact before, both in the main story as well as in some of the extra features (you probably haven't watched them, although I don't blame you for that), but even if we hadn't it makes sense since they were all working together.

[quote=Madonis message=45531690]
HazukiSama said:

It wasn't just the piloting that made her useless to me, I guess I should have used quote on "useless" she's not a dumb useless character she does have her merits. My problem is that I felt she could have been so much more and in the end she just stayed inside and gave orders. The traps were good but I mean I never actually saw any major "THE WAY SHE SET UP THAT TRAP AND THAT STRATEGY, WOW!" If she can't fight in the mecha, and she can't wow me as a commander other than the first OVA then..?

Yes, they should have. It looks as though she just activated them when it was an obvious point to do as such. I would have liked some more time developing her instructing others where to put the traps and which kinds. For all I know someone else could have built that way.
Honestly all I got out of the gypsies part was "Yay cute fully moments and more romance development!" I honestly don't know what changed about her. All that changed for me is that she was the savior and in fact was the one that wasn't to change seeing how she will forever have hope.

I forgot to mention I found his single mindedness annoying. I found him annoying up to the point where he all of the sudden became buddy buddy with Akito. And I don't know, pointing the gun at someone else and seeing if they die is quite crazy. You're right I shouldn't call him a psychopath, I should just call him crazy. The nicest term I could use for him would be childish really..
He just felt like this crazy guy that just wanted to kill/fight (though this is killing anyhow) and then at the end he's sort of harmless and part of the comic relief.
So in my eyes he went from "YES! Let's fight to the death!!" to "Woah! Where you aimin' at?!"

Nope I have not, and unfortunately I found everyone bland enough sans Klaus (because of the character and the voice actor) and he's not enough to have me watch more.

It's probably me finding everyone boring then and one dimensional. There were only 2 interesting characters out of the whole staff.

By that I meant that I was at least hoping for one of the characters to surprise me. I guess Klaus had that twist but it was predictable so eh?

I would also appreciate it if you would also comment on what you agree with me if any, seeing how you didn't address everything I typed only things you disagreed with.
And what is your standing with this particular series.

As for my mindset, it is most likely due to; already seeing this kind of set up done better, hardly finding the characters interesting, lack of outstanding music, convenient Geass and rushed friendships(?) development save for some characters.

Because honestly, I felt as though I missed a whole episode or parts of for a good amount of time, mostly from 4-5 and although Ashely's personality has now been better described by you, I still don't really feel any different about what I said in my previous comment.

Oh and what I mean about the staff being attached to everyone was the staff at the castle being attached to the trio+Akito. I guess they would have been eating and hanging out together.. maybe?... But I didn't see any of that and there were very few interactions between the two groups in order for me to believe that Harry Potter moment where the convenience Geass showed everyone supporting Akito and them screaming for joy when they find out the three are fine.

I guess they're like Sora from Kingdom Hearts, immediately meeting and going "Friend!" Even him I find more credible though.
Click it! :D
Apr 10, 2016 12:31 AM

Aug 2015
Sitting through this thing was worth seeing Rollo at the end.
Apr 10, 2016 8:23 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was so wtf
Feels like this whole series had no purpose or any meaning from the start just created solely for code geass fans
Apr 11, 2016 3:35 PM
Dec 2008
Tekakurika said:
This episode was so wtf
Feels like this whole series had no purpose or any meaning from the start just created solely for code geass fans

I would tend to disagree, on both counts.

-The purpose was to tell a more or less self-contained story about a small group of people and how they survived. That's all. It wasn't some kind of epic struggle for the fate of humanity which would need a lot more episodes or at least to operate on a much greater scale from the start.

-While there are certain elements that some fans might like, this wasn't really created solely for them. In fact, I think those who are fans of the director, rather than those of the property, may find more to appreciate.
Apr 11, 2016 10:03 PM

Nov 2011
Imo, this was the worst movie from all 5 of them so far.

The story just felt like it was all over the place with the destiny, fate, and stuff. Leila's mysterious connection never really clicked for me or rather, I just didn't find it interesting at all. OST is good I guess with the action but I didn't enjoy this one much. Although I have to admit, Leila and Akito's relationship had my interest at some points. I feel like the story could of been told a lot better if it was a 13 episode series or something. The final battle felt rushed.

5/10.
Apr 14, 2016 2:33 PM

Jul 2009
I was thinking that Leila would do something amazing by the cover...but no, she just got a chance to make everyone live...

Best thing so far was this scene:
Apr 14, 2016 9:31 PM

Jun 2013
Some really dumb shit like that chick who ran in front of the guy's sword and shot him rather than just shooting him from afar. Also people getting out of their cockpits for no reason. It's a wonder how any of these idiots have lived long enough to reach adulthood.

Not to mention all that weird pseudoscience about how thoughts became physical and whatnot. It would have worked better as a major plot point explored in depth, but it just comes out of nowhere and we are supposed to accept it.

6/10, maybe 7/10 if you ignore some of the silly shit.
Apr 23, 2016 12:09 PM

Sep 2014
Dafuq was going on. After the first 2 or 3 "movies" the show got worse and worse.. This was by far the most stupid episode ever. If I could go back in time to warn myself like Leila did, I would rather rewatch endless eight from Suzumiya Haruhi...

I feel really really disappointed now. I actually liked the series, even when it got quite confusing with the last episodes. But the hell was this? The story had plotholes everywhere and with this kinda ending all in all it is useless to watch.
Even the mecha fights felt boring to me after a while, back in the first movie they where more exciting..
I will probably rewatch all the movies at some point because I cant remember the story 100% but if this is supposed to be everything I may just give up.

Idk maybe a 6/10 for this. The animation quality was good afterall..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 23, 2016 9:58 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
That was terrible. And I expected more out of Leila's character... Which disappointed me.
Apr 26, 2016 8:55 PM
Oct 2009
Comander-07 said:
Dafuq was going on. After the first 2 or 3 "movies" the show got worse and worse.. This was by far the most stupid episode ever. If I could go back in time to warn myself like Leila did, I would rather rewatch endless eight from Suzumiya Haruhi...

I wouldn't say so. In fact, I've rewatched this final episode a couple of times and still think it's a pretty decent conclusion.

Of course, it wasn't perfect. But, despite a few unexplained elements, I think the big picture actually was fairly cohesive. Not answering every question, especially when it came to the supernatural incidents, is a valid choice. The original show didn't exactly spell out every mystery or secret either.

Those things aren't all equivalent to "plot holes" either. There are various loose ends, no doubt, but several of them can be addressed in the future, after they're used in other ways, since this story has continued adding new elements to the setting as a whole. If you explained absolutely everything, you limit the ability to expand.

That's my perspective. Can't argue with your personal opinion regarding the mecha fights (and other things), but for me they were just as good as all the previous battles. Nothing more, nothing less.

Homura_ said:
That was terrible. And I expected more out of Leila's character... Which disappointed me.

Well, I think Leila's character was consistent. The conclusion, while it wasn't the only possible option left on the map (other opportunities could have been explored), still matched a lot of what had been previously set up for her in the previous four episodes. But again, I realize different people will have different expectations.
Apr 27, 2016 8:57 PM
Sep 2015
Can anyone explain the story to me? Some things were really confusing to me.

1.) Why did Leila have a Geass that was not really a Geass but something similar?

2.) Why did Akito not die when his brother ordered him to when he was a child?

3.) Why did it instead give him those crazy-ass powers?

4.) Why did Shain want to destroy the world so badly? Just because he had an issue with his mother being unfaithful and unhappy or why? I really did not get his hatred for the world.

Thanks in advance if anyone takes the time to answer my questions!
Apr 28, 2016 11:49 AM

Nov 2013
Did I just watch a branch of the franchise or a spin-off of the franchise?
I know the fact that this film takes place between season 1 and 2, but I can't help but think that it's more like a spin-off film rather than an actual part of the show.

And furthermore, that conclusion, what's with that space-time travel like it has 100% chance of successful. Cringe all over that.

But eh, at least all characters are pretty well. Unless Shain.
Apr 29, 2016 1:58 AM

Sep 2014
jgomezg said:
Comander-07 said:

I wouldn't say so. In fact, I've rewatched this final episode a couple of times and still think it's a pretty decent conclusion.

Of course, it wasn't perfect. But, despite a few unexplained elements, I think the big picture actually was fairly cohesive. Not answering every question, especially when it came to the supernatural incidents, is a valid choice. The original show didn't exactly spell out every mystery or secret either.

Those things aren't all equivalent to "plot holes" either. There are various loose ends, no doubt, but several of them can be addressed in the future, after they're used in other ways, since this story has continued adding new elements to the setting as a whole. If you explained absolutely everything, you limit the ability to expand.

That's my perspective. Can't argue with your personal opinion regarding the mecha fights (and other things), but for me they were just as good as all the previous battles. Nothing more, nothing less.

Homura_ said:

Well, I think Leila's character was consistent. The conclusion, while it wasn't the only possible option left on the map (other opportunities could have been explored), still matched a lot of what had been previously set up for her in the previous four episodes. But again, I realize different people will have different expectations.
"pretty decent" is not my expectation when watching Code geass. This started promising but ended pretty meh. Yes it was a conclusion but it could have been shortened to like 2 or 3 movies. And yes I expected something from lelouch.. but no. he was just there for the fanservice..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 29, 2016 1:13 PM
Oct 2009
xardansu said:

1.) Why did Leila have a Geass that was not really a Geass but something similar?

It is still a form of Geass, but they described it as a "fragment" of one. I guess that's because she never used her power before, unlike Lelouch and the others. That is what made a big difference: rather than immediately activating the power in order to seek her own benefit, Leila forgot about it. In the end, her true desire was about helping others instead. Which prevented her from falling into the curse and, just as well, changed the nature of her ability.

2.) Why did Akito not die when his brother ordered him to when he was a child?

3.) Why did it instead give him those crazy-ass powers?

At that point in time, Akito was too young to understand the command. Like young Shin said during the flashback, Akito was still too innocent. Children rarely have a clear concept of death (much less suicide) at that age. But the command never left his brain.

It seems that, over time, Akito's mind adapted to the "Die!" command. Similar to when Suzaku learned how to use the "Live!" Geass. It wasn't broken, but simply became a trigger for a berserk state. Rather than killing himself, Akito uses it to kill others instead. In other words, he re-directed it.

4.) Why did Shain want to destroy the world so badly? Just because he had an issue with his mother being unfaithful and unhappy or why? I really did not get his hatred for the world.

Certain children tend to see their family as the center of the world, so that is indeed the main source of Shin's trauma and what fueled his hatred. What was happening within his own family circle made him lose faith in humanity.

That said, I think he made things worse for himself too. Not only did he kill his relatives, but he also obtained a Geass power that further twisted his intentions in a purely negative way. If he hadn't done either of those things, perhaps Shin would have eventually matured.
May 6, 2016 12:38 AM

Nov 2011
Atleast Akito understands the mood...
Unlike sooo many other MC's out their.
Hate Keeps me warm
May 10, 2016 3:15 PM

Nov 2011
As a hardcore Code Geass fan this show in itself is not necessary in anyway shape or form.

Ya it was nice to watch more Knightmare's fight and see more weird geass powers. But that's really it. They never explain what anyone's geass actually does, and they dont ever truly explain what the hell Lelouch and Suzaku are doing....

This show was very unneeded as it doesn't supplement any of the story from season 1 or season 2 of code geass.

Much disappoint.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What were the exact natures of the geasses in this show?

arilando - May 6, 2016

4 by neogalfen25 »»
Jan 2, 2019 10:44 AM

» Question about Code Geass Akito the Exiled (Spoiler)

AliyyMashhur - Dec 22, 2016

5 by 456201921 »»
Jan 19, 2018 1:14 PM

» When does this movie or ova takes place ?

Meteoroid - Oct 12, 2016

2 by SpaghettiSpike »»
Oct 12, 2016 8:50 AM

» Did it really air?

Tr1cksterpuck - Feb 27, 2016

16 by jgomezg »»
Apr 26, 2016 8:57 PM

» First 10 Minutes

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

4 by Miya190 »»
Feb 17, 2016 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.