Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2016 3:44 AM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So much action, so much intensity, so many mysteries and questions popping up, Team Flare seem to be harnessing Zygarde's energy and planning to create Yggdrasil?

Hands down the best Pokemon episode since Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Feb 5, 2016 12:38 PM

Jul 2015
What in the hell is Team Flare trying to do? Does that giant tree have any connection with the plot of the games? I couldn't play them :(

Anyways, nice episode. Both fights were awesome, although I was imagining that Ash would lose.
Seems like the next episode is going to be as interesting as this one. I'm looking forward to see how Z-2 will end traveling with Team Rocket.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Feb 6, 2016 12:49 AM

Dec 2013
ETX said:

Hands down the best Pokemon episode since Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League.
So much yes, hype was real!
Feb 6, 2016 9:40 PM

Dec 2013
And it was at that moment Sceptile knew he fucked up lol
Feb 25, 2016 6:24 AM
Dec 2009
Dat do-do-do-de-do at the Pokemon Center! :)

This was an intense episode (as far as Pokemon goes). Great battle and animation, especially in the first half!
Feb 29, 2016 9:01 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Alan's Lizardon, wow never knew a Charzard could learn Thunder Punch. He sure caught Ash and Greninja off guard.
What better way to finish the battle than with a high powered Blast Burn.

Alan states that Ash and Greninja mega evolved without the need of the stone. He kept checking his Mega bracelet to see if it was radiating anything.

Ash vs Shota, well can't say I liked it. Shelgon getting owned by Hawlucha's Flying Press. This is a Dragon type we are talking about, sort of expected a bit more out of Shelgon. Honedge didn't even use an attack which was a bummer.

Overall it was a very good episode. Alan vs Ash was a great battle. Best battle since Sinnoh, excluding Tobias.

Feb 29, 2016 9:22 PM

Jun 2014
Finally subbed, woot.

Great battle and getting pumped for the kalos crisis!
Feb 29, 2016 10:59 PM

Aug 2008
Finally, sub is here. So hype. I am enjoying and hype Pokemon just as much as when I first watch the first season.
ZapredonFeb 29, 2016 11:04 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 1, 2016 4:52 PM

Sep 2009
Took so long for that to be subbed ha.

Probably the best episode of XYZ and most of XY if you ask me. Both battles were really fun to watch.
Mar 4, 2016 4:47 AM

May 2009
I swear this anime is a road to a solid 9!!
Mar 6, 2016 6:52 AM

Jul 2014
krisichiki said:
Good episode. The hype for the climax is real.
Fun battles! Poor Sceptile, though. xD

Really curious to see what Team Flare is really up to!

Sceptile got screwed hard. Let's hope the translations team will not translate movies like that. I'm not complaining but they take forever. At least wait til XY&Z is over first. Other than that excellent piece.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Jul 5, 2016 5:17 AM

Jul 2013
That was so awesome!~

Ash finally met Alain after fighting Sawyer and Alain saw what his Greninja can do and now he thinks it's mega evolution after doing battle and seeing the same again but with no mega stones!

Ash's bond must be strong with Greninja if it really is mega evolution with no stones like it appears to be! D:

I loved seeing Alain again and his mega evolved Charizard~! he's so awesome.

Thunder punch and all the other attacks were so awesome~!

Why does Team Flare want to use Zygarde's power to make big trees, I wonder if it is Yggdrasil! I haven't seen them in the X and Y games as I haven't played much so not gotten far.

This was easily one of the best episodes ever!

And that meeting between Ash and Alain is important to the Kalos crisis!

Whoa, Z-2 ends up with Team Rocket? I didn't know that.

Team Rocket were good this episode too until Alain ruined their plan and they did so well until he turned up!
Oct 30, 2016 8:10 PM

Dec 2012
Jukain got Pokemon sakuga'd by Gekkouga.

Rocket Gang's new song is so good.

The fated meeting and battle! Satoshi(Bakura) vs Alan(Yuya).

Odd-Eyes Lizardon Dragon owned the shit out of Gekkouga.

The battle was pretty underwhelming and just doesn't compare to Mega Evolution. ME spoiled me so badly.

I see that they are using "XY&Z" as the insert song. I hope they use Volt again at some point.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 11, 2020 4:19 PM

Dec 2008
Shota is back, with evolved and new pokemon. I do love the sword pokemon evolution line, very cool to see it in battle.

Those other characters are from the Mega Evolution special mini-series, huh? I skipped that since I didn't know it would connect to the main anime canon. I guess I should watch it before continuing too much more into XYZ.

Very cool battle. Satoshi/Ash lost? The type advantage didn't apply since Mega Charizard X is neutral to water-type attacks with the typing change.

Next episode looks like a Rocket-heavy one, yay.
Nov 26, 2023 2:38 AM

Feb 2020
O predestinado encontro entre Alan e Satoshi 💀💀
May 17, 8:25 AM

Jan 2013
Awesome episode delving more into the Mega Evolution.
Ash finally meeting and battling Alain.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 16 Discussion

StarryWindy - Feb 25, 2016

15 by PrOxAnto »»
Yesterday, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 14 Discussion

ETX - Feb 11, 2016

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.