Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2009 11:20 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So just a little question why/how does Minako's costume change. It just seems kind of strange that she goes from blue to yellow is she's always Sailor Venus.
Aug 13, 2010 3:26 AM

Oct 2008
Never noticed. o.o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 8, 2011 2:02 AM

Apr 2008
star_lit said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So just a little question why/how does Minako's costume change. It just seems kind of strange that she goes from blue to yellow is she's always Sailor Venus.

I looked on Wikimoon, and it said that blue costume is before Aino awakens as Sailor Venus. And when she awakens as Sailor Venus, it changes to the orange one.
Sep 27, 2011 6:54 PM

Sep 2008
Episode was a little too melodramatic for me.
We didn't even get a Tuxedo Mask scene.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2011 2:04 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty good episode. I always thought Minako had the powers from the very beginning. I wonder if this was in the Sailor V manga?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 9, 2012 11:20 PM

Jun 2010
This episode makes me want to read the Sailor V manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2013 9:05 AM

Nov 2012
great episode! this wasn't aired in the dub, so i don't think we ever got this minako backstory. it made me like her even more ♡
Apr 4, 2013 2:06 AM

Nov 2011
Nice of them to throw in a flash or two of Minako's butt during that bittersweet moment at the end. -_-
Oct 22, 2013 6:19 PM

Feb 2008
Insan3Heisenberg said:
I wonder if this was in the Sailor V manga?

Late response haha. Actually no, this is completely original and also a terrible episode. The should have actually adapted a chapter from the manga instead of doing this. There were only three episodes I really disliked in the first season, and this is one of them.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 9, 2014 6:10 AM
Mar 2013
Another Japanese only video. It was nice to see some back story on Minako and Sailor Venus. I'm surprised she had a lover named Allen, it was never mentioned in any other episodes apart from this one.
Mar 23, 2014 9:40 AM

Aug 2012
Why did they have to steal a boat? What kind of a plan was that?

Also the youma's wings came out of her head, I found that pretty funny.
Apr 20, 2014 6:56 AM

Aug 2007
This is the last of the five that was not dubbed in English!
I actually was alright with the other ones not making the cut but...
Although this was cheesy, it does show some nice character devlopment.
The selfless act of letting Katrina and Allan be together does show she's much more mature than the others, even more than Sailor Mercury. I think Sailor Venus has to be my second favorite after seeing this because it's really a mark of a great person.

Jun 19, 2014 12:59 AM

Jan 2011
Yeah, it's somewhat of a puzzle why they didn't dub this, unless it was the fact that her boyfriend was obviously five or six years older than her and that he was her boyfriend. Thus far while we've been shown the crushes that Rei and Usagi have had on Mamoru, he hasn't actually been in a relationship with them.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 5, 2014 6:20 PM

Apr 2010
This episode was heartbreaking. Poor Minako <3 At least she was mature enough to realize what was happening. :/

Jun 11, 2015 4:22 AM

Feb 2010
Well, the story was lame, alright. The worse, for Minako's drama was touching. Sailor Venus has a lot of charm without unnecessary complication and a strong character without bossiness, like with Sailor Mars. It's nice to have at least something for a backstory and character development for her.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Mar 30, 2016 5:11 AM

Jan 2014
Thus wasn't a very good episode.
And she's about 14 I think... Of course she was too young.
Jun 13, 2017 7:15 AM

Jun 2013
Well this was kinda dumb. I guess it's cool that Minako has matured but the way it came out of nowhere and everything happened in just one episode didn't do it for me. For example, if the whole episode had been from Minako's perspective and had the rest of the Scouts been reserved for cameo appearances where Minako is confiding in them about her past, it could have been better paced and I might have actually cared about her struggles. Or it could have been a double episode, too: Minako was the last to join the gang, I would have been glad to see more of her, even if the rest of them got sidelined for a bit.
Jun 16, 2017 10:49 PM
Nov 2015
A nice mature treatment of triangle.
Minako is strong. I like that she's the keast talkative one in the group. Well, not shy and untalkative like Rei but thoughtfully, adultly reticent
Jun 16, 2017 10:52 PM
Nov 2015
witchwings said:
Why did they have to steal a boat? What kind of a plan was that?

Also the youma's wings came out of her head, I found that pretty funny.

Cuz it's ridiculous and fun
Feb 21, 2018 8:33 PM

Mar 2012
this was actually the only episode i disliked the whole season.
seriously wtf with this storyline out of nowhere? and the whole thing wasn't really well directed...
i kinda like minako less after this.
May 26, 2018 2:28 AM

Mar 2017
Who knew that one day transforming into an actual sailor would be more useful than transforming into a sailor soldier? But since when does Usagi actually gain the powers of that profession? She could have used this skill all the time then, to not suck. Whatever.

I liked the exposition and backstory on Sailor V. I also wonder why she bothered to redesign herself before joining the team, probably so people don't confuse her with Sailor Moon. But the mask should have been enough of a difference.

I am thinking way too much about a kid's show. :P

Oh, and I almost forgot! Did Usagi seriously consider murdering a woman in cold blood because she snatched a friend's boyfriend away? WTF! It seems like she originally didn't want to use the moon stick to transform her back.
Oct 29, 2018 4:41 PM
Mar 2018
Another good episode. Some of the backstory romance bits were boring but the story was otherwise good, and there was some good action scenes and very emotional moments, especially involving the transformed Katriana. It was also very funny at times especially in the first few minutes, which were hilarious.

Also, Sailor Moon finally lived up to her name!
PokeFan2112Oct 29, 2018 4:47 PM
Mar 2, 2019 9:18 AM

Jul 2015
Minako finally getting some spotlight with this episode, the drama was pretty good.
Aug 6, 2019 8:46 AM

Jun 2015
What if Usagi just wore a disguise all the time before HEEENSHIN
Aug 6, 2019 8:51 AM

Jun 2015
cptlee39 said:
I also wonder why she bothered to redesign herself before joining the team, probably so people don't confuse her with Sailor Moon. But the mask should have been enough of a difference.

She wasn't really a Sailor prior to joining the team, so that was a made up costume. Orange is the true Venus color - just like the japanese word for Venus (gold planet)
Jul 1, 2020 5:48 PM

Sep 2013
Usagi almost killed Minako's old friend just because she didn't like her. That was incredibly fucked up.
Jul 1, 2020 5:50 PM

Sep 2013
Even more so, because Usagi had been healing monsters back into people for the last dozen eps without question, and she even argues her point for killing further after Venus begs her to be saved the first time.
Jul 12, 2020 4:52 AM

Aug 2016
Some Venus backstory and Moon showing her views on love are a little warped, basically, 'she took ya man, she deserves to die.' Kinda messed up, but okay.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 9, 2021 8:13 AM

Aug 2020
Minako T^T

What's more depressing is that there's no Tuxedo Kamen in this episode :/
Dec 29, 2021 6:51 AM

Mar 2020
A nice episode about moving on from the past, but really melodramatic, with Minako faking her death due to being cheated on and Usagi treating it as an offense you should die for

Mar 26, 2022 1:53 PM

Dec 2016
Finally an episode about a Sailor Scout actually showing sailor skills. :3

Never knew this episode was causing some controversy though.
Dec 17, 2022 12:39 AM
Jan 2019
I'm fine with Minako's love story.

Only thing i dislike is Usagi being Out of Character.
She's supposed to be a kind hearted girl who would pity most enemies she fights.

So yeah, episode felt like a fanfiction.
Jul 25, 2023 3:43 AM

Mar 2019
i loved the villain design this ep. 90s anime villains are probably the coolest. also usagis boat captain outfit!
Apr 6, 6:38 PM

Mar 2022
I feel for you, Minako, I feel for you deeply. Suddenly I feel a strong urge to read that manga of hers but one thing at a time. For now this was a nice episode, even if you had a lover and you had affections for Alan, it was a wise decision to let them go. Your mature for even doing that and I admire you for that. And it's thanks to you that I'm here right now. If it weren't for you personally, I wouldn't have found this show and enjoyed it. Minako, thanks so much. My personal favourite Sailor Guardian.
Apr 18, 3:46 AM

Jul 2017
an ok episode, a bit sad but i still don't like sailor venus a lot.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sennin_Darkissa - Apr 12, 2009

50 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Apr 24, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 26 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 12, 2010

37 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Apr 20, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

73 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 19, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 45 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 19, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 44 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 19, 4:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.