Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 26, 2016 9:36 AM

Aug 2013
Spoiler I guess.

As we know its supposed to be that Haruhi Suzumiya is God but the more I think about it the more it makes sense that Kyon is actually God in the scenario.

Haruhi is basically what Kyon secretly wants to be, still believing and having hope about aliens and other weird things but been unafraid to admit it.

Also in the episode where he's trapped in that empty dimension with her and its closed by a kiss seems to me it was actually his desire to kiss her. Seen as admitting things to himself and hiding from the truth of his own feelings is one of Kyons major character traits focused on later. The plot allows him to kiss her without feeling out of character, forced into a situation where he has no choice when the desire was fulfilled the empty world disappears back to normal reality.

Later on in disappearance if following the same line of thought, Kyon's thoughts that he hates all this running about and getting into crazy situations clash with how he really feels about it deep down and suddenly wouldn't you know it his I want to return to normal feelings start winning out and suddenly there's a situation where he gets what he wants and only through inner conflict and admitting he wants the other world does he get to return to that world. Another crazy magical situation entirely dependent on Kyons inner feelings.

It seems like if Kyon is God he's obviously unaware but in meeting Haruhi he is able to project his real feelings and that side of himself he got rid off growing up through her manifesting actually his desires for crazy situations, aliens and espers through her. The rule that she has to be in the dark about the situations helps keep it grounded for all the crazy things that can happen has to have a limit and also be solved back to reality to keep Haruhi Suzumiya in the dark about it which helps basically stop any unwary God from just erasing reality by accident. An unaware God also living a fantasy lifestyle through others would mean that the other informed characters would have to lie to him about the truth to keep the same rules the characters applied to Haruhi working.

All the events of the story are basically what Kyon secretly wants from life, the disappearance is interesting in that at the moment he starts thinking about regretting this world and wanting to go back to been boring it actually happens and again only through his will and acceptance that he actually wants the crazy world does it return to that.

Eh just been thinking it since I started watching all those years ago.
Jun 9, 2020 11:49 AM
Aug 2013
I think so too. Somehow he has a MAJOR role to play in all of this. Others say he's a normal human and he might be that but he might not be at the same time. That's what I think from what I saw of this anime. Because it's as u say, almost everything works according to his will. Who is he exactly?

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

293 by AbrahamGAGA2002 »»
Yesterday, 11:42 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fabrice - Jun 18, 2009

204 by Timeline_man »»
Jun 6, 9:44 AM

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1540 by nicosb2810 »»
Jun 5, 7:43 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

536 by Zucned »»
May 7, 2:46 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.