Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who is the main heroine?
Jan 22, 2016 11:03 PM

Jul 2013
Kagari or Kotori? I was having a debate with my friend and he thinks it's Kotori. I don't think this is true due to Kagari's importance in the True routes Moon and Terra. Plus Kotori's role is way less important than Kagari's . Discuss who you think and why.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 23, 2016 12:28 AM

Mar 2013
In the VN, officially Kagari is the main girl, Kotori is just like the 'poster girl' and seemed like the main because

Though of course to me, Lucia is main girl

I guess to some it's a bit hard to see Kagari as main girl though considering her lack of significant screentime and overall character...
この妖怪め…何度背後に立とうが俺はこの川原から立ち退くつもりはない。逆に俺が貴様を追い払…なにその顔? 
ああ…前回失礼な事して、俺に睨まれたモンだから気に病んでるのか?心配御無用。男子高校生は傷つけられるのは慣れっこッス

Jan 23, 2016 12:35 AM
Oct 2011
Obviously it's Yoshino,too bad the best 'heroine' didn't have a route.
Jan 23, 2016 1:24 AM

Jan 2012
Kagari.
Kotori is just the childhood friend.

however that isn't enough reason for her to be classified as the main heroine.

Kagari
Jan 23, 2016 1:26 AM
Jun 2015
Obligatory, it's best girl.

Jan 23, 2016 3:03 AM

Jul 2013
Usuzumiiro said:
In the VN, officially Kagari is the main girl, Kotori is just like the 'poster girl' and seemed like the main because

Though of course to me, Lucia is main girl

I guess to some it's a bit hard to see Kagari as main girl though considering her lack of significant screentime and overall character...

I actually told him those exact things but he wasn't buying it -.-
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 23, 2016 3:25 AM

Mar 2013
^
Hmm... I don't see why.
It's even stated that Kotarou's

Jan 23, 2016 3:34 AM

Jul 2013
Usuzumiiro said:
^
Hmm... I don't see why.
It's even stated that Kotarou's

I just looked up on Wikipedia that the Rewrite Perfect Visual Book confirms what Kagari is the main heroine.. I found the full book online but I just don't know where it says that https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.512196982243796.1073741828.205367462926751&type=3
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 23, 2016 12:57 PM

Mar 2013
Also this from the book:

田中:彼女をヒロインとして扱う時に、Moon編内だけで読者の好感度が高まるように苦労しました。
逆にTerra編の篝はいわばダミーヒロインなので、意図的にとっつきにくい感じにしています。
Moonの篝が好かれるようにしようと、だいぶ迷走しましたね。
〜〜
Tanaka: The only time she was treated as a heroine was in the Moon route, I worked hard so the readers would grow to like her more.
Actually, Terra's Kagari is in a way, a 'dummy heroine', so I intentionally made her feel hard to cling to. I intended to make Moon's Kagari more lovable, but I lost track quite a bit.

So, that's the reason she feels more like a plot device in Terra, because she kind of is...
Moon Kagari is the true heroine as it's kind of obvious by Moon's end and Terra's end...
〜〜
Furthermore, Kagari is the only one that has three songs that are mainly related to her and Kotarou.

In the new arrange album, ('この木の下で/Under This Tree'; originally 'Scene Shifts There' is for all the 5
heroines.

'Sleeping Forest' from the new arrange as the ending as well, the lyrics suit Kagari more than the others; the original '実り' ('Harvest') plays during Moon
as well. So there she has another song for herself.
Shizuru has '恋文'.
Lucia and Akane have '偽らない君へ'.
Chihaya, Kotori and Lucia have '闇の彼方へ'.
Kagari has 'CANOE', '渡りの詩' and 'Sleeping Forest'.

Jan 23, 2016 1:19 PM

Jul 2013
Usuzumiiro said:
Also this from the book:

田中:彼女をヒロインとして扱う時に、Moon編内だけで読者の好感度が高まるように苦労しました。
逆にTerra編の篝はいわばダミーヒロインなので、意図的にとっつきにくい感じにしています。
Moonの篝が好かれるようにしようと、だいぶ迷走しましたね。
〜〜
Tanaka: The only time she was treated as a heroine was in the Moon route, I worked hard so the readers would grow to like her more.
Actually, Terra's Kagari is in a way, a 'dummy heroine', so I intentionally made her feel hard to cling to. I intended to make Moon's Kagari more lovable, but I lost track quite a bit.

So, that's the reason she feels more like a plot device in Terra, because she kind of is...
Moon Kagari is the true heroine as it's kind of obvious by Moon's end and Terra's end...
〜〜
Furthermore, Kagari is the only one that has three songs that are mainly related to her and Kotarou.

In the new arrange album, ('この木の下で/Under This Tree'; originally 'Scene Shifts There' is for all the 5
heroines.

'Sleeping Forest' from the new arrange as the ending as well, the lyrics suit Kagari more than the others; the original '実り' ('Harvest') plays during Moon
as well. So there she has another song for herself.
Shizuru has '恋文'.
Lucia and Akane have '偽らない君へ'.
Chihaya, Kotori and Lucia have '闇の彼方へ'.
Kagari has 'CANOE', '渡りの詩' and 'Sleeping Forest'.

Yeah, I was telling my friend something similar to what Tanaka said there. The way Rewrite is written is where there no real 'True' heroine in a sense. But if there were to technically be one, it would indeed be Kagari. I forgot that there were songs dedicated to Kagari and Kotarou too..
BTW, is there an actual quote in the book where Tanaka confirms Kagari is the main heroine? Or is it kind of just implied by what he says in certain quotes?
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 23, 2016 1:34 PM

Mar 2013
So far, I have not seen the words 'メインヒロイン' directly written, no. The images are kind of blurry, so some parts are hard to see, I had to save it and zoom in on it to translate that. I have the same book somewhere at home, but likely buried in huge piles since I bought it years ago.
I'll search for it; some parts are interesting...

On many Japanese websites, it says she's the 'main' (like there: http://dic.nicovideo.jp/t/a/篝), on The Visual Novel Database and the English Rewrite Wiki as well, because most assume it is from the evidence.
I think Kotori is more of a existence like Nayuki in Kanon, who may seem the main at first, but it's actually Ayu, only it's less obvious with Rewrite.

Jan 23, 2016 1:52 PM

Jul 2013
Usuzumiiro said:
So far, I have not seen the words 'メインヒロイン' directly written, no. The images are kind of blurry, so some parts are hard to see, I had to save it and zoom in on it to translate that. I have the same book somewhere at home, but likely buried in huge piles since I bought it years ago.
I'll search for it; some parts are interesting...

On many Japanese websites, it says she's the 'main' (like there: http://dic.nicovideo.jp/t/a/篝), on The Visual Novel Database and the English Rewrite Wiki as well, because most assume it is from the evidence.
I think Kotori is more of a existence like Nayuki in Kanon, who may seem the main at first, but it's actually Ayu, only it's less obvious with Rewrite.

I found it kind of weird that they have sprites from Terra and stuff in the book; kind of spoiler-ish.. The CGs and sprites are cool to look at though! I haven't seen some of those renders before.
That's a good way of thinking about it. I forgot that Rewrite is similar to Kanon in that sense.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 23, 2016 10:39 PM

Nov 2014
Kagari. I read somewhere (the Rewrite wiki) that she was the main heroine long before I even heard of Rewrite. I accidentally stumbled upon the site and it described Kagari as the main heroine. I considered her as such, from then on.
Apr 1, 2016 10:10 PM
Apr 2016
Kagari is officially the main heroine but story-wise, she has the weakest role. She's only important to the plot in the same way how "the 7 magic crystals" are in a FF game or something like that. Basically, its what she is rather than anything she does.

If we're talking about active involvement, development, and anything of much significance, than every other girl have larger roles than Kagari, though its mostly restrict to their particular routes.

This is probably why there is a confusion, cuz Kagari's role is so minor and Kotori is typically the front-face when it comes to the other heroines.
May 21, 2023 12:43 AM
May 2023
No, Kotori is the main heroine in the sense of a traditional key game heroine. Kagari is more like the Earth or Moon itself, instead of as a real human or, a heroine. The reason why people usually mistakenly think kagari is the main heroine is that a lot of times they didn't read the VN carefully and didn't realize that moon kagari and terra kagari are actually two different individuals. And hence since the terra route led to the true end, they thought kagari in that route is the main heroine (which is not, since Kagari in the terra route is earth kagari and is descsribed as "dummy heroine"). Despite that, there are several more points that shows Kotori is actually the main heroine:
1. In the game op and various places, Kotori is shown at a special position. This does not suggest she is the main heroine over moon kagari, however, this does suggest that she is the main heroine over other heroines.
2. Kotori is usually shown together with other main heroines from other key games. Below are some examples, notice Kanade and Ayu in those artworks suggest those heroines are all main heroines

Those are just some, if you search, you would find a lot more.
3. Moon kagari has the shortest route time and has the shortest overall game time. On the other hand, Kotori has the longest overall game time.
4. Kotori shows the closest relationship with Kotarou, this can be shown in op and various rewrite game products, for example, the disk sold by key below:

5. Kotori in the rewrite+ ending shows a special close relationship with Kotarou. For example, at the ending scene, kotori is the only heroine among the other 4 heroine has some kind of memory of Kotarou. Also, when Kotarou recall his past with all 5 heroines, he said Kotori and him have a beyond-fate inseparable connection.
6. regarding songs, in the 2021 new album "Forestia" (which has Kotori as the face girl), there is a new song called "white stars" made especially for Kotori 

There are some other hints that suggest Kotori is the main heroine but they are too long and I am not gonna list all of the here. Again, as I said various evidence shows Kotori is the main heroine, but due to people's misunderstanding, they thought Kagari (or moon Kagari) is the main heroine. In fact, I would argue that there are actually two heroines (which is Kotori and moon Kagari) here in some sence, because Rewrite is a very different game compared to other key games. 
yingruizMay 21, 2023 12:53 AM
May 21, 2023 12:54 AM
May 2023
add image that is not shown properly in point 2

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

167 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

329 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.