Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 17, 2016 7:36 PM

Oct 2011
Okay, I just finished watching the first movie to Noblesse and I thought it was great! I have not read the manga yet, but I will and I thought it had great potential! I really like it. =)
I don't know if anyone caught this, but towards the end where Raizel and Muzaka are fighting. Raizel has Muzaka tied up to the pole and Muzaka mentioned to Raizel that he would never understand how he feels because Asheleen is or was his daughter. Raizel looked surprised and confused as I was too when Muzaka mentioned that. And I was wondering, how come Muzaka hid the fact and lied to Raizel in the beginning that Asheleen was his daughter and that he had a wife? Is it a forbidden rule for Noblesse to do that..? Raizel is Muzaka's friend, why did he hid that important fact from his friend? I wonder what would have happened if Raizel did know about Muzaka and his family and what would he do if he did know? Would he have kept it a secret or would the council take them away or possibly death..?

Know that there is warmth, love, happiness, kindness and peace in the world.
Nov 16, 2016 8:09 AM

Oct 2011
Kamo777 said:
A quick question:

I don't intend to compare it to manwha or something. Just as an reader who is still at chapter ~120, do you recommend me to watch this? Wouldn't it a spoiler for me?

THanks

Actually, after watching both Noblesse movies, I went to read the manhwa immediately and I'm currently on the most recent chapter of Noblesse. Waiting for an update next Tuesday. <3 But I don't really think both the movies spoils anything from the chapter you're currently reading at. The first movie is about Rai's past with Muzaka. Which was the reason why I grew more interest to read the manhwa. The second movie is about Rai in the future with the kids. M21 and M-24 shows up also Jake and Mary. But if you've already read past that point where M21 joins with Rai's group then it shouldn't Spoil anything really. I think you should be good if you're at that point in the manhwa.

I highly recommend watching both movies! It's awesome. Give it a try! =)

Know that there is warmth, love, happiness, kindness and peace in the world.
Dec 22, 2016 5:32 AM

Apr 2013
The animation and character design is absolutely horrible
Jan 13, 2017 10:42 AM

May 2013
Hm. I wasn't really impressed. The storyline is basic and it was crammed into a 40 minute episode. It also had a slow start.

It was interesting to see that this was dubbed in Korean, though. It's my first anime I've watched with Korean dub :) That was cool. Now I know that Noblesse is a manhwa.
Jul 28, 2017 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
When I saw Noblesse in an AMV on youtube a few months ago I got interested, especially with it being an korean animation which you don't really see so often.

Rei and Muzaka are pretty cool characters. I mean it's pretty sad what happened with Ashleen and I felt so sorry for Muzaka. This is a good example how humans (not everyone of course) are. I can't blame Muzaka for his rage, I don't think my reaction would have been different.

The fight was great. I liked the animation, it looks defintely different from most other japanese animations. The only thing I can't get used to is the korean dub. It sounds so weird for me most of the time.

Overall they did a good job with this, even if it's sad there isn't to much more to watch. Would also be nice to know what happened to Muzaka. Is he dead or maybe alive? Anyway looking forward to see what happens in Noblesse: Awakening :)
Natsu88Jul 28, 2017 8:34 PM

Nov 29, 2017 2:04 PM

Oct 2015
The duel between Muzaka and Raizel was one of the best I have seen this year, that Muzaka went down fighting.
I also loved Ashlyn's character and it was too bad she had to die like that, but that Raizel shouldn't have stopped Muzaka for trying to get revenge for her.
The animation was standard though and the plot was vague but it deserved a high praise.
I know its absurd but I will give it a 9/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 25, 2018 9:50 PM

Dec 2017
OVA has been wonderful and I have loved Raizel's character but it is very
Allen_Walker84Mar 26, 2018 12:30 AM
May 20, 2018 12:45 AM

Sep 2013
Meh, this was ok. It would have been better if they dropped all pretense of a story and just made it one long fight scene. It really didn't have much else going for it.

5/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 21, 2020 5:26 AM

Jun 2012
I was kind of getting Reversi vibes watching this.
Sep 26, 2020 12:50 PM

Sep 2013
Is there a good quality of this? the version on nyaa was near impossible to watch,between the awful audio and the stutters.
Deep dark fantasies
Sep 27, 2020 12:35 PM

Jun 2015
I was going to give this 6 but the fight between Raizel and Muzaka raised instantly to 7.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 3, 2020 10:20 PM

Mar 2010
Always heartbreaking to see muzakas story. Hate those werewolves that want to make muzaka go crazy.
StardewOct 3, 2020 10:28 PM
Oct 7, 2020 2:53 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Just re-watched this since the first episode of the main series is about to air, and I am glad I did. It was a lot better than I remembered it being and it got me more hyped for the show. The clip Crunchyroll streamed a while back almost made me drop it.

Really well animated and a beautifully tragic story. Too bad this special itself wasn't a whole series.
Oct 7, 2020 7:40 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Prequel of the Noblesse. The classical theme of vampire and the werewolf friendship, but getting abandoned by the mainstream reason: misunderstanding. Almost giving up by its simplicity of the premises, Noblesse kinda succeeded expanding their plot into 820 years later. Surprised, the strong noble that came from the past, began their journey into 21st century of the human world. Such a tragic way of history for the lord of werewolf, referring this dark prequel. I never red any resources so far, but this prequel was not enough to built up my hype. Its still lacking some information, and for the prologue, this one was fine enough without any great terms on it. Yeah, this one stand-alone OVA never gave me a solid hype with its generic theme of story. However, the only redeeming point on these episode when they succeeded to gave enough feeling (intensed to sadness) to all of its touched scenes (yeah poor Ashleen). I think this ova was above from a fine show, but not enough to lift up my hype into a good level either. So, i decided to rate this as my standard average system:
Story for building up my hype: 7 (looks promising but still lacking the details. Eventhough its looks weak, this is some kind of a solid start to begin with)
Art and animation: 7 (i found better. But its fine on these one only episode.)
Sounds: 5 (these part kinda weak, while the op and ed were pretty much mediocre as my sole understanding.)
Characterization: 6 (sorry, but i found Rai's kinda meh to me with his quite personality, and he not even gave a proper condolences to his werewolf friend lost. Such a shame, its even did not had a proper time to develop other than that. However, since these only one episode and prolly had a chance to improved, a fine level was enough to me)
Enjoyment: 8 (personal satisfaction, due to many unexplainable factors)
Average points: 7/10 (+0.4, simply because of my rounding style for the chance of the series to improved their lacking points)
Thats it, pretty sure i was too overwhelming with the current hype, so my hope really high on its 13 episodes main series. On ward to the next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 11, 2020 3:41 PM
Apr 2020
RIP Ashlyn, didn't think she deserved to go out like that.
Oct 18, 2020 10:53 AM

Jul 2017
Being a newcomer into the Noblesse world, I must say that starting out with this OVA with the Korean dubs is an optional choice, but will definitely watch the Awakening OVA after this.

For 2015 standards, Studio Animal did a decent job at expanding the world of Noblesse, even if it only serves as a prequel to the webtoon. As for the relationship between Muzaka and Mr. Noblesse Raizel, over a single girl Ashleen (RIP), their relationship is mutual, but the start of the fight between both vampire and werewolf is pretty much where it's at (in regards towards the 820-year drawn-out battle).

As a standalone story, it kinda misses at the start, but gets going into the 2nd half once Ashleen's death plot is in play. A generic story that though wonky, sets its own stage for the foreshadowing of things to come.

A very generous 7/10.
Oct 21, 2020 3:49 AM
Apr 2020
Fought a friend because they were tricked. Too unfortunate.

Oct 28, 2020 11:32 PM

Aug 2008
badabass said:
Prequel of the Noblesse. The classical theme of vampire and the werewolf friendship, but getting abandoned by the mainstream reason: misunderstanding. Almost giving up by its simplicity of the premises, Noblesse kinda succeeded expanding their plot into 820 years later. Surprised, the strong noble that came from the past, began their journey into 21st century of the human world. Such a tragic way of history for the lord of werewolf, referring this dark prequel. I never red any resources so far, but this prequel was not enough to built up my hype. Its still lacking some information, and for the prologue, this one was fine enough without any great terms on it. Yeah, this one stand-alone OVA never gave me a solid hype with its generic theme of story. However, the only redeeming point on these episode when they succeeded to gave enough feeling (intensed to sadness) to all of its touched scenes (yeah poor Ashleen). I think this ova was above from a fine show, but not enough to lift up my hype into a good level either. So, i decided to rate this as my standard average system:
Story for building up my hype: 7 (looks promising but still lacking the details. Eventhough its looks weak, this is some kind of a solid start to begin with)
Art and animation: 7 (i found better. But its fine on these one only episode.)
Sounds: 5 (these part kinda weak, while the op and ed were pretty much mediocre as my sole understanding.)
Characterization: 6 (sorry, but i found Rai's kinda meh to me with his quite personality, and he not even gave a proper condolences to his werewolf friend lost. Such a shame, its even did not had a proper time to develop other than that. However, since these only one episode and prolly had a chance to improved, a fine level was enough to me)
Enjoyment: 8 (personal satisfaction, due to many unexplainable factors)
Average points: 7/10 (+0.4, simply because of my rounding style for the chance of the series to improved their lacking points)
Thats it, pretty sure i was too overwhelming with the current hype, so my hope really high on its 13 episodes main series. On ward to the next episode!

he kind of mourns him now, if i recall good but i might be mistaken
hence hissilent state too+ other stuff i wont say cus i will spoil
The spider is watching
Nov 20, 2020 1:51 AM
Jul 2018
Where did the cross come from at the end of the movie? I don't remember seeing it anywhere earlier in the movie. I mean, it would be cool if it was a memento from his dead friend or the dead girl. But I didn't see either of them wearing it. And I don't remember him wearing it in the beginning either. It looks important. As in it is something to remind him of the friend, or victims of war. Or maybe as in it helps him heal or gives him powers. Can anyone explain?

EDIT: Okay, I am just going to assume that there is no explanation in the movie itself. But according to the Wiki, it is a gift from a previous lord and the earring seals his power. I don't remember him wearing it at any time during the movie, so it makes you think that he didn't ever need to seal his power before. I mean it would have made sense if he wore it for most of the movie, and then took it off toward the end so he could be strong enough to fight his friend. But no, that's not what happened. So maybe he put the earring on so he could hibernate and he needed to make it so his power was sealed while he hibernated so he would attract less attention or maybe so the power could be used for healing instead. I don't know. Did he hibernate because he was injured or because he lost his reason for being awake since something bad happened? I'm thinking it is because he was injured because he did have a butler friend to return to. Anyway, the Wiki doesn't talk about the events that took place in this movie. It mentioned the cross earrings in relation to other characters, but not the werewolf lord.
removed-userNov 20, 2020 1:58 AM
Nov 20, 2020 8:16 PM

Apr 2009
I haven't read the source material so I don't know anything about this. Anyway, maybe it's the art style though overall animation is OK, it looks old even for 2015 release. Another thing, maybe it's the copy I saw but it seemed to have a weak audio even if I turn the volume up, and most of the voices are uninspiring and completely void of emotion even the leads. OK that's enough nitpicking of things I have absolutely know nothing about. LOL

...and so he slept then? Hmmm 6/10 it was just OK.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 23, 2021 2:53 PM

Jul 2015
Didn't have much expectations but this webtoon was quite good, especially liked the fight there.

Tragic to see Muzaka lose his wife, his daughter Ashlynn and going full rage against his friend Raizel, all because his fellow werewolves disagreed with his ideology and wanted to further continue the human wars.

Dec 27, 2021 12:37 PM

Jun 2020
Great! Muzaka was awesome character.
Jun 8, 2022 6:54 PM
Mar 2019
I suppose this is part of a bigger picture, not a lot explained,. but still enjoyable.
Oct 17, 2022 10:07 PM
Jan 2022
Plot twist, Ashleen turns out to be Muzaka's daughter. I thought Ashleen was someone Muzaka loved aka lover...
Aug 13, 2023 11:04 PM
Nov 2015
Love the ovas! it completes the remaining episodes
Jan 24, 11:08 AM
Dec 2014
I have completed the manga and the original series. Just found this OVA today. This OVA is done well. Far better than the original series. This studio should have done the full adaptation too. Sad that it was given to some stupid studio who took out many of great moments from manhwa.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Why is this listed in MAL?

ColtBuntline - May 1, 2016

4 by Allen_Walker84 »»
Mar 26, 2018 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.