Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 13, 2016 11:07 AM
Sep 2015
Hey guys, recently I watched a marathon of this show again and one thought came across my mind. What exactly does the title mean? I know that ao = blue and haru = spring, but what is the deeper meaning to "Blue Spring Ride"?
Jan 19, 2017 1:21 AM

May 2016
The name of the title originates from the words "ao haru" meaning "blue spring," a quasi-synonym for the Japanese word "seishun" which uses the same kanji characters for "ao haru". It can be translated to mean "the springtime of (one's) life" (i.e youth, adolescence). "Raido" or ride, as you already know, derives from that exact English word. Putting the two together, the meaning of the title goes something along the lines of "riding one's springtime of life/youth." Thus, Ao Haru Ride is about the journey of the title's adolescent characters through their most turbulent and developmental years as they face internal struggles, discover themselves, and fall in love. To further convey this message, the fictional station the main characters use everyday to get to school is called Aoharaido (青原井戸) station, a play on the title.

Source: Introduction to Ao Haru Ride
Nov 18, 2017 11:36 AM
Sep 2015
windmillness said:
The name of the title originates from the words "ao haru" meaning "blue spring," a quasi-synonym for the Japanese word "seishun" which uses the same kanji characters for "ao haru". It can be translated to mean "the springtime of (one's) life" (i.e youth, adolescence). "Raido" or ride, as you already know, derives from that exact English word. Putting the two together, the meaning of the title goes something along the lines of "riding one's springtime of life/youth." Thus, Ao Haru Ride is about the journey of the title's adolescent characters through their most turbulent and developmental years as they face internal struggles, discover themselves, and fall in love. To further convey this message, the fictional station the main characters use everyday to get to school is called Aoharaido (青原井戸) station, a play on the title.

Source: Introduction to Ao Haru Ride

Holy crap somebody actually replied after over a year! I was researching the meaning for a project at the time and I didn't expect anyone to answer. Although it was already over a year, thank you so much for answering and giving me closure on this thread.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.