Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 9, 2016 10:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I just love the theme song and OST of this season.

Good start for the second half of the season. I like the comedy of it although the pacing felt somewhat slow. However, the buildup is intimidating. Bokuto's comedy still shows, we got some conversation about timing mechanics, and in general a nice overview about volleyball strategies. Short but insightful. I think timing is pretty important during any game for a team.

Is it also just me or did the OST feel really natural? I liked it for sure.
Jan 9, 2016 10:48 AM

Nov 2007
Megane guy reporting on the game to his brother. He was invited to check on his brother's team to experience it's possible even if it seems impossible (blocking someone who's higher).

New OP. It was good? I cannot really judge it well.

Setter guy wanted to check NamiDai's team, and not good at disguise. Wearing normally does not work because of his aura. He got excited after checking up on it. He can control anyone.

There's another hidden member of NamiDai's character... Megane guy trying to figure out his problem that reluctant to figure out...timing, huh. More practices and KajiKaji's character is surprised at main guy's improvement. Even the new manager has improved. lol @ managers part. Wow, meeting "scary" people at the toilet is more leveled up than usual.

ED is ok. Showing manga panel in anime.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 9, 2016 12:34 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!!!!

The new OP song isn't better than the first one imo but it was still great nonetheless and it even featured a lot of my boy Oikawa HHHNNNNNGGGG

Speaking of Oikawa, I love how much hype and screentime he is getting and I especially loved that showdown between the big boys at the end....Poor Hinata got caught in the middle lol and I died at the part where Nishinoya and Tanaka finally found out about the playboy guy hitting on their waifu xD

The training stuff was fun as usual but I'm even more proud of Tsukki in particular with each episode like this and boy is he growing so much :''') Everyone grew a little more at that too which made me proud

But alas, the tournament of the GOAT's is finally upon us and my body body not ready for all of these matches lol
TokoyaJan 9, 2016 12:41 PM
Jan 9, 2016 12:37 PM

Nov 2012
the new OP was so good omg. i might even like it more than the first one :o
and it's getting serious now. :> can't wait to see some matches. and it was great to see the boys practice and improve again.~
Jan 9, 2016 12:40 PM
May 2010
Loved the new OP. I'm excited for the coming second half. Nice to see Tsukishima's continuing efforts to improve, and Yachi is starting to get used to her job as manager. She really knows how to handle the team members know, particularly Hinata and Kageyama. It looks from the OP and ending that we may be getting more focus on and character development for Oikawa this season too, which should be interesting.
Jan 9, 2016 12:42 PM
Jun 2015
Great start to the second cour, and the new OP/ED sound great.

This part of the Spring High is one of my favorites from the manga, so I'm glad to finally see it animated.

Can't wait to see the Johzenji match next week.
Jan 9, 2016 12:43 PM

Dec 2012
Hey hey hey! The owls are back!
And not only this,the actual king is back

is this haikyuu quest

THERE IT IS

Swageyama Tobyolo

Ahhh the second part was so perfectly done I felt like I've read the manga but with voices. Especially my favorite part,the bathroom hahah
I feel so pumped and alive after this ep,bless you Haikyuu

GO GO LETS GO LETS GO DATEKOU
steponmebakuraJan 9, 2016 12:49 PM
Jan 9, 2016 12:45 PM

Jun 2014
Damn that was a good OP.

Tsukki improved his blocking skills and we even saw a little glimpse of Yamaguchi's improvement as well. Bokuto is still as hilarious and hyper as ever, and I loved seeing Tanaka and Noya's reaction to that guy who hit on Kiyoko (as well as seeing them freeze in midair). That must have been super awkward for Hinata getting caught in the middle of Seijo and Shiratorizawa. He should try to avoid bathrooms at all costs lol.

I'm excited to see what I'm sure will be awesome matches between all of these talented teams.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 9, 2016 12:47 PM

Jan 2015
Didn't like the new OP. I didn't know Shiratorizawas motto was "With intense force"^^ All in all good episode.
Jan 9, 2016 12:47 PM
Apr 2014
SO MANY GOOD THINGS

1. the start of tsukki's character development
2. BOKUTO + KUROO CAMEO
3. all miyagi captains
4. aoba jousai vs ushiwaka
5. fucking
6. terushima
7. FUCK YES
8. also, BOMB ASS OP/ED
Jan 9, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2010
Dat OP was so damn HYPE!! So much fun this ep. Loved the montage. Bravo to Yamaguchi finally succeeding :D

Yachi suggesting to Kageyama that he should just wear normal gym clothes was so lol

Tsukki's development just keeps on getting better and better. Lol'd how he was thinking of how people have been saying he sucks recently XD Can't wait for Tsukki's new glasses

Loved seeing Nekoma and Bokuto again. His reason for wanting tsukki to win against Ushikawa being that he'll be better than him indirectly was priceless

Tanaka and Noya's faces when Kiyoko was being hit on were so damn hilarious LMAO

Man The bathroom is Hinata's most formidable opponent!! He should stop going there or he'll die from a heart attack soon hahaha

Didn't expect Tendou's hair to be that red.
Jan 9, 2016 1:03 PM

Sep 2013
You gotta love Haikyuu. The anime never fails to amaze me and it's so well done. When I watched first episode of first season I knew that it would be a baller <3
Jan 9, 2016 1:03 PM

Apr 2007
Tsukki is still trying to improve *sniff* I'm so proud. It looks like Yamaguchi has improved his weird serve too. Hope to see it in action soon.

I love how much Yachi gets through to Hinata and Kageyama, always fun to watch. And Hinata's "there's always bad encounters at the bathroom" was hilarious lol
Jan 9, 2016 1:09 PM
Dec 2014
Ah, the introduction of a sports anime classic, the serial killer, mad dog
Jan 9, 2016 1:10 PM

Aug 2013
another great episode! i swear, haikyuu never disappoints.

the opening was really good! it's a really catchy song.
i was so happy to see kageyama's disguise animated! kuroo, kenma, bokuto and akaashi also made an appearance! it was nice seeing them again, although it's only been a couple of episodes. and tsukishima is also working very hard to improve!
the bathroom scene also cracked me up!

i have a feeling that this cour is going to be amazing!
Jan 9, 2016 1:12 PM
Nov 2012
I MISSED BOKUTO he's just as awesome as ever, i was so happy to see him again ojdjfssdk
I loved the new OP but the previous ED was better imo.
Annnnd I laughed so much at Swageyama Tobioyolo lmao
Seems like I'm gonna be brainwashed by GO GO LET'S GO LET'S GO DATEKOU again lol
Jan 9, 2016 1:12 PM

Jun 2014
oh, I really missed my weekly dose of Haikyuu, love this anime
:3
Jan 9, 2016 1:13 PM
Oct 2015
The OP is great but I'll get used to the new OP song for now. There is so many highlights this episode that I can't name it all. I can't wait for next week.
Jan 9, 2016 1:22 PM
Mar 2015
HOLY SHIT IM SO HYPED FOR NEXT EPISODES
Jan 9, 2016 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
The new opening was great!

Tsukki's character development is getting better and better!
Jan 9, 2016 1:33 PM

Mar 2015
The new Ending was awesome!!!
Jan 9, 2016 1:33 PM

Dec 2013
Loving the new opening.

So hyped for the rest of this tournament.

Hinata and his bathroom antics are always hilarious. Even he has become aware of them!
Jan 9, 2016 1:45 PM

Oct 2014
The theme songs & OST are perfect as always! love it! And the comedy make my day complete! (っ˘ڡ˘ς) ♥
Jan 9, 2016 2:03 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
TSUKKI HYPE INCREASING!!!

And Yamaguchi's serve broke Nishinoya! That was a very nice scene :)
Jan 9, 2016 2:07 PM

Jun 2014
The bathroom scene was hilarious & intense at the same time, Hinata is so unlucky lol! I love seeing them training, especially Tsukki. I can't believe I never paid attention to this guy before. Also I like Mad-dog, he's funny especially around someone like Oikawa. He seems strong too.
I'm looking forward to the matches after all this build-up, this series never disappoints. 5/5
Jan 9, 2016 2:08 PM

Aug 2012
That SMIRK TSUKKI :D :D
And when Tanaka and Nishinoya were gonna ferrel attack that dude; HILARIOUS!
And that bathroom scene; Hinata's bumping into all the big dogs :P Lol, I like when the white haired guy bowed when he bumped into Hinata; that was cute :)
I'll have to get used to the new OP & ED.
Nonetheless, awesome episode as usual <3
Jan 9, 2016 2:08 PM

Sep 2015
Love the new OP and ED. So, when Yamaguchi is going to be a starter? It`s about time I think.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Jan 9, 2016 2:09 PM

Jun 2013
OP and ED are better than the previous ones imo
I like the focus on Tsukishima, hope we'll get to see Yamaguchi improving soon as well, I was so glad for him when he actually managed to do that serve
Hinata meeting Oikawa, Ushiwaka and that guy from Dateko was a hilarious scene.
I swear Haikyuu episodes seem the shortest of all. I'm overhyped now.

alpha_shadow said:
oh, I really missed my weekly dose of Haikyuu, love this anime

and this of course
Jan 9, 2016 2:22 PM

Mar 2014
The OP and ED are great, I like both the songs and the visuals, awesome animation in the OP and the manga style in the ED is wonderful. Props to I.G. for the consistent high quality this season, it's really impressive

Also it's these little moments that add so much character to all of the players like the intimidating guy with the white hair who bows to Hinata. Cute.
Jan 9, 2016 2:23 PM

Sep 2013
Yess! What a great start to the second cour. I'm loving the OP and ED. The visuals are no joke.

We, finally, met Kyouken-chan.

Tsukki seeking to improve, cooperating, and asking questions. I love the reactions of Bokuto and Coach Ukai to that loool

The bathroom scene was hilarious. Ushiwaka can't read the atmosphere, I cry. He's so dense, it makes him very cute. Aone walking in without knowing what was going on, and just formally greeting Hinata xD

I'm looking forward to the Johzenji match. Those guys are very charismatic. Also, Tsukki's goggles make a debut next episode! Cannot wait.
Jan 9, 2016 2:38 PM

Apr 2011
Omg lesson learned: toilet is where you meet all the scary people xD
Jan 9, 2016 2:45 PM

Apr 2015
Fantastic and hilarious episode as always! I hella LOLed at the part when Hinata was panicking about entering the bathroom. xD And the new opening was nice, although I liked the first one a bit better.

Looking forward to the match next episode ! <333

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 9, 2016 2:47 PM

Dec 2012
Another great OP song although I think I liked the first one a bit more. ED song is great as well.
Back to training for Karasuno. Great to see Tsukishima asking for advice on how to block from Ukai and the training montage was great to see.
Lol Kageyama in disguise and trying to act natural with that dark aura.
Well back to the qualifiers and some powerful teams are there.
Lol Hinata encountering Oikawa, Iwaizumi and Ushiwaka outside the toilet area.
Cannot wait for the up coming matches for the 2nd half of this season.
Next up Karasuno vs Johzenji.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 9, 2016 2:52 PM

Mar 2008
More Tsukki and Iwazumi/Oikawa. My fangirl heart is pleased.

Bokuto's ":O" when Tsuki enters the court

When a ball hits Tanaka and he falls down

When Noya and Tanaka turns into beasts to protect Kiyoko and they stop mid-air

Yamaguchi's serve

More IwaOi scenes

20 minutes arent enough :(
Jan 9, 2016 2:56 PM

Aug 2014
The new OP and ED are so great. This episode was amazing, especially Oikawa, Ushijima and Hinata building up some tension towards the end. Now things are getting serious! Can't wait to see how Karasuno will do :3
Jan 9, 2016 3:25 PM

Nov 2014
Hinata's Crazy Bathroom Adventure
Hi there
Jan 9, 2016 3:43 PM

Jun 2013
new OP and Hinata bathroom dangerous encounters continues the new ED is cool
AxelucardJan 9, 2016 3:47 PM
Jan 9, 2016 4:13 PM

Aug 2014
do u even smug bruh
Jan 9, 2016 4:47 PM

Dec 2014
DAMMNNNNNN this show always gets me so f'ing hyped, them toilet meetings though
Jan 9, 2016 5:04 PM

May 2012
HUHU THE OPENING THEME SONG HAS CHANGED :( IT'S NO LONGER A SPYAIR SONG </3 Oh well... I really like how Kuroo and Bokuto calls him "Tsukky" :"> So adorable :"> Terushima is still hot as always. Oikawa I missed you! And yeah the washroom scene was so funny :))
Jan 9, 2016 5:17 PM

Jan 2011
Thought that playboy guy was calling for Tsuki at first.
Jan 9, 2016 5:25 PM

Jun 2012
New op is bomb as fuk
Jan 9, 2016 5:40 PM

Jul 2011
It should be illegal for an anime to get you this hyped.
Jan 9, 2016 5:42 PM

Feb 2012
I adored the animation and visuals of the new opening, the music not so much. Regardless, great episode and I can't wait for more
Jan 9, 2016 5:42 PM

Sep 2010
Love the new opening!!

And this scene xD
JafaJessJan 9, 2016 5:46 PM

Jan 9, 2016 7:15 PM

Dec 2014
GO KARASUNO! GO! The bathroom scene was just epic XD

So much Hype for the rest of the tournament.
Jan 9, 2016 8:20 PM
Feb 2013
the hype is so real! can't wait to see the matches in the next episode! XD
Jan 9, 2016 8:55 PM
Mar 2012
Ahhhh the buildup episode! I thought the new OP was good but not as awesome as the first one. Maybe I just need to listen to it more? I loved seeing Oikawa and Iwaizumi so much this episode. It'll be awesome to see them play again and see if they've improved as well. There was just so much hype this episode, I can't wait to watch the next one!
Jan 9, 2016 9:02 PM
Apr 2015
the new songs are perf. also, Tsukki's smirk, Swageyama and Hinata at the last scene made this ep for me hahaha
Jan 9, 2016 9:36 PM

Oct 2006
That was a real treat after the new years break. New OP animation is amazing and both new songs are great as well. I'm not a huge fan of Tsukki but seeing him grow makes him infintely more likeable. As usual the only bad thing about an episode of Haikyuu is the feeling of "I can't fucking wait for next week" it leaves you with...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

111 by V1ct012 »»
Yesterday, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

252 by egeD19 »»
Apr 4, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

118 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.