Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 8, 2016 3:04 PM

Jan 2014
TL;DR This anime got its points across and is actually a pretty good, enjoyable anime to which it has more than meets the eye.

I'm not exactly sure why people are hating on this series as much as they are.

The group responsible for this anime obviously only had 13 episodes to adapt the LNs. I do lack complete knowledge of the LNs and that is a possible contributor as to why I don't completely understand the hate.

I have some points that I want to say regarding this anime adaptation.

The art is pretty good in my opinion. What kind of art are y'all looking for? The CGI in the anime fits into the anime nicely. It matches the art style of the anime.

Story-wise, even I can tell that this is rushed. HOWEVER, I can still tell what is going on with the anime. I believe the main idea is still passed onto the viewers. The arcs that show up and resolve itself almost immediately still makes sense. Considering they were able to pack in that much story into the anime's 13 episode limit is actually quite fantastic to think about.

If you want me to go deeper into the story, Kisara's little moment at the end is not something that is completely random. If I recall correctly, it has been said since the beginning that Kisara does not agree well with her family. In addition to that, we saw how Kisara reacted when she saw that her family is behind the reason that the Monolith 32 is falling apart due to corrosion. They showed her eyes which you can clearly see is filled with hatred. Yes, I know that it still looks rushed, but that's the best that they can do in such a small number of episodes.

The themes and character development in this anime fit very well together. I will focus on what I think is the main theme in this anime. That is light and darkness. We have characters who clearly show that they are for the darkness and ones that show they are in the light.

(Not every single character will be listed)

Light characters include Lady Seitenshi, Enju, Tina (post-Satomi), Satomi.
Dark characters include Satomi, Kisara, Tina (pre-Satomi).

The moment I saw Lady Seitenshi, she is just bright. Her values and ideas are also considerably pretty bright. She is for the Cursed Children and does not care about the hate and death threats that she will receive as long as she stands for what she believes is right.

Satomi on the other hand, he is in between the light and darkness. He is working for Seitenshi (light) and also for Kisara (dark) which we do not see that she is completely into the darkness until the last episode. We see constantly that he wants to make a difference for the treatment of the Cursed Children, but at the same time, he didn't do anything in trying to save that girl in the mall when he was with Enju.

Enju is Satomi's light. She is a child so she embodies innocence like the other children in the anime. At the end, we can see that Enju is more human than Satomi because Satomi has grown cold to death in comparison to Enju. Enju is also the one to push Satomi to save the girl in the mall in which Satomi arrives late.

Kisara is actually in between light and darkness like Satomi but she is closer to the darkness than Satomi is. The bad thing is that her "light" is Satomi who is technically in around the same area that Kisara is. But Satomi usually shows a darker side when he's with Kisara. You know how that goes. Kisara doesn't have a "light" like Enju to Satomi. This is why she fell into the abyss at the end. Once again, obviously rushed, but still gets the point across. We can argue that she has Tina, but at that point, it is a bit late. Tina on the other hand, is still just siding towards the light.

I think we all know Tina. Tina used to be nocturnal. More towards darkness. Then she became more adapt to mornings. More towards the light. We know who her light is. Satomi. This Satomi however, is a bit different to Kisara's Satomi. This is the light side of Satomi. This is also influenced with the fact that Satomi is very nice to younger people.

I hope this makes sense. I will clear up any confusions, and thank you for reading this great wall of text.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

521 by FZREMAKE »»
May 11, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

383 by FZREMAKE »»
May 11, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

397 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 7:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.