Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Descending Stories
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 16, 2020 8:14 PM

Oct 2017
Wow this series is good! I really liked the first episode. For some reason it reminds me of March Comes in Like a Lion, even though the series are quite different from each other (so far). I'm glad I decided to start it. :)

Also does anyone know what "ajaraka mokuren kyuraisu tegeretsuno pa" means? Yakumo kept saying it in the beginning of his rakugo, and I'm curious as to what it means
Aug 17, 2020 4:26 PM

Jun 2020
I was really surprised when I found out that it was 45 minutes long lol. I didn't realized it until I halfway through the episode. But it doesn't feel long at all!

I don't know anything about Rakugo and I was completely immersed by it while I was watching the Rakugo scenes. I don't find the Dekigokoro performance funny, but it's still entertaining. I got secondhand embarrassment when Yotaro was falling asleep and snoring! But it was fun overall, it's a great pilot episode! <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Sep 27, 2020 10:01 PM

Sep 2018
The pacing is so fast but it's entertaining! It makes me smile.

I remember a competition before in my high school days. I really love one contestant there, she can change her voice from grandmother to a child.. I'm so amazed by her! Story telling is really entertaining specially if the story teller is enthusiastic.. you can feel the story thru their words :)
Jan 2, 2021 9:00 PM

Jul 2017
Such a lengthy first episode, but it was so great in quality that I didn't even mind the length whatsoever. The rakugo performances stole the show, but even the seeds of drama and characterization established were really good with tons of promise (for Yotarou, Konatsu, etc) and potential in the future as well as the beauty of rakugo being portrayed so well through its performances from Yotarou and the Yakumo. Excited for the arc focusing on the past of the current Yakumo and Sukeroku from the next episode onwards.
Oct 8, 2021 10:10 AM
Aug 2021
I was expecting to get a bit bored cause it's a slow paced series. But I'm actually enjoying this. Time flew by!
I wanna know what happened between the tomboy gal's father,Sukeroku.
Nov 11, 2021 1:00 AM

Aug 2020
ep 1 was so good. The story dragged me into the world of rakugo. I'm not into historical but I'll watch it because its that entertaining

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 28, 2021 1:13 PM

Dec 2012
I've known about this for quite sometime, but put it off because the subject matter seemed so foreign and unfamiliar. While the style of rakugo theater is very different & distinct, it's actually resonated with my own background in stage play acting. What impresses me the most about it is how the performer has to sit the entire time and create the illusion of an entire scene playing out in one spot. I've been in a play that was somewhat similar, where an entire 45 minute scene took place on one bench in the center of the stage. What makes it worth watching is how the actor can draw you into the world he sees, not what you see before you on the stage.

The historical aspect of this is also grabbing my interest. The balancing act between the Japan's Westernization vs maintaining its lasting traditions has long been a foremost intrigue of mine. While it's sad to see an art form struggle to survive in the changing times, it makes me better respect & appreciate those who passionately devote themselves to those timeless traditions.

I like how this first episode set the stage for the flash back to come. I do hope the master takes his time recalling the past as I'm very interested to learn more about the history & culture behind rakugo.
Dec 30, 2021 3:54 AM

Nov 2020
Ok, so who is here rewatching the first episode after finishing season 1? 😅
I felt i had to rewatch the first episode to really understand the beginning of the story. really set things in perspective.
---- Life is nothing but goodbyes ----

Sep 3, 2022 6:39 AM
Sep 2021
Story-telling at its peak
Sep 11, 2022 4:02 AM
May 2021
One of the best first episodes I've seen, this is going to be great
Oct 31, 2022 9:46 AM

May 2021
Was I supposed to laugh during this episode? 1:22h of nothing, what a pain. Unrealistic behavior from some characters and the drama was very corny, I was expecting a more serious drama, the comedy doesnt hit at any moment, straight face throught all the episode, 4/10.

This will be a long anime... I hope it gets better or kill me already, please.
Dec 22, 2023 7:59 PM
Jul 2017
just not understanding the appeal of this and the plot tbh
Feb 14, 9:54 AM
Feb 2022
This show is the epitome as to why I absolutely don't trust the taste of the so called "anime-community" even if my life relied on it. But what to expect from people who think that something something frieren is the best anime of all times?

I don't even judge the animation quality or the sound just to be fair since it's obvious that the show is more about characters and story; but then again, where is the story and where is the character development? There is not a single intelligent dialogue in this that you won't hear in any mid-shounen. The characters are shockingly bland and superficial. You have the airhead mc, the karen-like bitch who constantly picks fights with everyone and beats the mc (yeah, that's her thing, her gimmick or what ever) and the proud "master". That's it.

It would be easier to just ignore this show if it wasn't so overhyped, but it is.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

110 by itsagibbousmoon »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:15 PM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

196 by Abdullla_aah »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

203 by Shikkakku »»
May 2, 2023 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

134 by Shikkakku »»
May 1, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

121 by Shikkakku »»
May 1, 2023 3:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.