Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2016 9:05 AM
Aug 2015
Since I don't know in which imas subforum I should have made this I decided to just made it here so that the whole world can see it.

1. In what order I should watch idolmaster? Chronological, airing time or I can watch whichever I want because the story is not connected at each other?

2. Which one is the best idolmaster series? I've done a little research and it seems like it has different chracter cast in each series.
Jan 8, 2016 9:07 AM

Aug 2015
You only need to watch the original Idolm@ster with the movie or Puchim@s as add-ons, disregard the rest because they're all trash
Jan 8, 2016 9:09 AM

Jun 2008
The doujins are pretty good....

I especially like Miki, Azusa, and Hibiki....

I literally know nothing about the anime...

Jul 2012
1. There's only two main series, Original and Cinderella. They're both completely different and standalone so just start with either. If you're into better art/animation, you can go with Cinderella first but the first is recommended if you wanna go by release date.

2. The first is better, but not by much. They're both kinda 6-7/10 range.

Feb 2013
You only need to watch the Cindirella Girls with the OVA and disregard the rest because they're all trash
Jan 8, 2016 9:13 AM

Nov 2013
No need to watch Xenoglossia, it's pretty shit. If you want to watch it, watch it AFTER IDOLM@STER, because it contains the same cast (but in a different setting... it's a spin-off after all).

I loved Idolm@ster, but I didn't really like the movie they added on to that series. I haven't seen cinderella girls yet.
Jan 8, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2008
Xenoglossia is not Idolm@ster, the 1st Idolm@ster, Puchim@s, and the movie should be watched, avoid Cinderella Girls even if you read any of the manga (including the shorts in each gaccha) or play the game, it's a disasterpiece, however feel free to read the manga and shorts if you are interested in the series.

Jan 8, 2016 9:30 AM

Jun 2008
@Idomaster viewers....

Is Miki and Makoto a thing or is that just the Doujins?

Cuz when I started reading all the glorious Nico X Maki doujins for LoveLive, I thought for sure they had something going on in the anime and that was literally the reason why I watched it.

Boy was I disappointed.

Yet another reason why Doujins are superior and anime is trash.
Jan 8, 2016 9:32 AM

May 2013
JustALEX said:
@Idomaster viewers....

Cuz when I started reading all the glorious Nico X Maki doujins for LoveLive, I thought for sure they had something going on in the anime and that was literally the reason why I watched it.

Boy was I disappointed.

You'll be disappointed again then.
Jan 8, 2016 9:39 AM

Jun 2008
FlameWingman21 said:
JustALEX said:
@Idomaster viewers....

Boy was I disappointed.

You'll be disappointed again then.

lol.

That's why I didn't even bother with idolmaster....

At least LoveLive did satisfy my NICO NICO NII anxiety....and they didn't sing that much....cuz seriously, the songs annoy the shit outta me.

Goddammit!

Why can't they at least hint at some delicious yuri ships the way the Nanoha franchise does it?!?
Jan 8, 2016 9:52 AM

Nov 2014
Watch original Idolmaster, ignore the rest.

Jan 8, 2016 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
Watch both. Ignore the hater on Cinderella. True Idol fan would appreciate any Idol and not trash it.
Jan 8, 2016 11:43 AM

Feb 2013
Just dont watch xenoglossia, save that suffering.

Jan 8, 2016 1:11 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion

Watch The iDOLM@STER (2011), and if you're up to continuing the series, the film then Cinderella Girls afterwards. Xenoglossia is a bit touchy given the responses in this thread, but if you have enough strength of mind and a will to accept changes to the characters, it's an odd combination of Evangelion, RahXephon, one of Sunrise's space+idol series. I'd say it's interesting because 6 years after they made Xenoglossia, Sunrise would make Love Live, so it's interesting how they tried to adapt The iDOLM@STER first.
Jan 20, 2016 10:37 AM

Jan 2010
No one here mentioned the Shiny Festa OVAs, but you can watch those after the 2011 series, too. They take place after it.

I'd say watch the 2011 series, Shiny Festa OVAs, and the movie. Don't forget the OVA at the end of the TV series. It was exclusive to the blu-ray release.

Puchimas is a gag series. Recommended if you liked the characters and want something silly.

Cinderella Girls is... Well, they took all of the drama-infused parts of the 2011 series everyone hated and made a two-season show out of it. It was really bogged down by the stuff. If you can tolerate that kind of thing, watch it. It's very different in tone from the 2011 series and most of the characters are pretty one-dimensional.

Xenoglossia doesn't even have the same seiyuu, much less the same concept, but it could be worth watching if you find yourself starved for more. Some people like it and some people don't.

The only thing that leaves, IIRC, is the Live For You OVA that came with a special edition of the 360 LFY game. It's... Well, it's okay. It's old so some of the characters are missing and it's not super high quality, but it's a decent adaptation of the characters and it's pretty short.

JustALEX said:

Boy was I disappointed.

I mean they're not going to be having sex on screen or anything, but they were shipped pretty hard if you watched for it. The movie really hammers it home at one point.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Sep 15, 2011

68 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 19, 12:27 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Aug 18, 2011

67 by lasthavenmedia »»
May 15, 3:36 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Sep 8, 2011

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 13, 9:46 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Sep 1, 2011

62 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 12, 7:02 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ousto - Aug 25, 2011

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 9, 8:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.