Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 7, 2016 7:46 AM
Jan 2016
After watching the anime, I kind of thought of the question as to what happens to the pair (Yasuri & Hime), since they were travelling together. Personally, I think that he travels around along with her and sometime along the way, he meets someone that surpasses him, and is eventually slain by the guy/girl as he finally gets to reunite with Togame. But then that raises the question as to Hime's whereabouts, maybe she falls in love with him as they travel? And then maybe just before the fight she confesses to him but he says that he's not interested, and then she wishes he would die or something, and then after his death she makes a memorial at the shrine with the maidens (forgot the name) and also makes a memorial of Togame near it as well? Then like, inbetween both of the memorials, there's a map of Earth which was completed just before his death and strands of Togame's Hair which are preserved there? For all we know, maybe he starts a family with Hime or he meets another girl, or he travels around the world defeating everyone in his way on the quest to become the Most Powerful Swordsman of the World? Maybe he advances the fighting style (which I can't spell for jack) and evolves it to the point that it is able to do the 12 Sword's Unique Styles like the Zanto Namakura's Bloodlust style ability which makes the user's attacks faster as they draw blood to the blade, or in this case, themselves, and Sento Tsurugi's Thousand Blades (or in this case, a 1000 clones of the original user [that would be beyond broken]) and attacks that are able to inflict huge amounts of poison etc..

But I've gone on for too long, so, what do you think happens to Hime, Yasuri & Togame (relationship wise with Yasuri)?
Mar 31, 2016 3:59 AM
Jan 2012
Are you writing a fanfic or something? The narrator says what happens afterwards very vaguely, and nothing this dramatic is even hinted at ever happening
Jan 29, 2017 1:20 PM

Jan 2016
The ending is meant to be ambiguous. Whatever happens to Shichika and Hime is up to us. That's why I love open endings like this. Nisio really pulled a Samurai Champloo with this ending.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2010

334 by dspr »»
Yesterday, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Jul 9, 2010

225 by valennienana »»
Apr 25, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hana-kei - Apr 16, 2010

420 by valennienana »»
Apr 22, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 8, 2010

180 by ariharan_ars »»
Feb 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Dec 10, 2010

631 by I_LIKE_ANIME_SO »»
Jan 3, 9:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.