Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 29, 2015 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
A key visual, teaser preview, and the cast of the main characters have been announced on the official website for the TV anime adaptation of visual novel Rewrite. The series is scheduled to premiere in Summer 2016.

Cast
Kotarou Tennouji: Masakazu Morita (Baccano!)
Kotori Kanbe: Chiwa Saitou (Akatsuki no Yona)
Chihaya Ootori: Saya Shinomiya
Akane Senri: Eri Kitamura (Fairy Tail)
Shizuru Nakatsu: Keiko Suzuki (Little Busters!)
Lucia Konohana: Risa Asaki
Kagari: Kana Hanazawa (Nisekoi)

Synopsis
Rewrite is set in the fictional city Kazamatsuri where tree-planting and afforestation have caused the city to become overgrown with trees and flowers in much the same way that other cities are filled by buildings. However, while most of the city appears to be rural, there are many traditional city elements as well. While set in a modern setting, the city also gives off a strange sense of nostalgia.

Tennouji Kotarou lives here. He's a high school student who has the ability to rewrite his own body; he can become stronger and faster at any time he chooses. He investigates supernatural mysteries with five girls from his school. (Source: VNDB)

The series is based on the Japanese visual novel of the same name developed by Key and published by VisualArt for Windows. It was released on June 24, 2011 and was later available on the Playstation Portable, Playstation Vita, and Playstation 3 platforms.

Teaser

Official site: http://www.rewrite-anime.tv/

Source: Otakomu
NaruleachDec 29, 2015 11:40 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 29, 2015 1:57 AM

Jul 2012
Oh, hi, Ichigo Kurosaki :-)

That synopsis sounds great, I'm looking forward even if it's just a harem.
Dec 29, 2015 1:57 AM

Jan 2009
how many cours/episode this will have?
Dec 29, 2015 1:59 AM

Nov 2011
j0x said:

Hasn't been announced yet.
Dec 29, 2015 2:01 AM

Jan 2009
Stark700 said:
j0x said:

Hasn't been announced yet.

aw but thanks a lot
Dec 29, 2015 2:04 AM

Nov 2013
The cast is exactly the same as the VN, what a shocking announcement!

All the characters' designs look identical, I hope that it won't be the same with the final product.
Dec 29, 2015 2:22 AM

Jan 2013
the clumsy transfer student Chihaya, the strict class representative Lucia, and the unassuming Shizuru.

Jeez where is the goddamn childhood friend tsundere?

Friend told me that he started playing the visual novel due to the hype surrounding this project.
Apparently it features dramatic filled events such as 'a girl is stuck on a tree and our heroic protagonist has to get her down WITHOUT looking at her panties'.
Truly an insurmountable and heroic task!

I sure hope this doesn't turn out as bad as Little Busters wafu de nano desu.
Dec 29, 2015 2:30 AM

Apr 2015
Excited about Based Kana Hanazawa... Let's just hope the anime is good..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2015 2:33 AM

May 2008
Lollo36 said:
The cast is exactly the same as the VN, what a shocking announcement!

I know you're being sarcastic but they do change casts a lot in VN → anime adaptations, so it's worth noting.
Dec 29, 2015 2:45 AM

Aug 2012
I'm still highly skeptical about this adaptation. GnK was less complicated to adapt but look at how it turned out.

TheNaturalPerm said:

I'm afraid there's no such thing~
You can look forward to the typical merry highschool slice of life instead if you like.
Dec 29, 2015 2:46 AM

May 2013
Synop looks interesting but I guess this will be another bad taste harem...
This'll be a hit or miss...not sure if I'll watch it.
Dec 29, 2015 2:46 AM

Oct 2012
About what I expected the PV to be I guess, although the character designs look fine. Also just hearing that music manages to get me hyped.
Dec 29, 2015 2:51 AM

Nov 2014
TheNaturalPerm said:
Friend told me that he started playing the visual novel due to the hype surrounding this project.
Apparently it features dramatic filled events such as 'a girl is stuck on a tree and our heroic protagonist has to get her down WITHOUT looking at her panties'.

Dramatic filled event? That's a comedic scene that happens early in the story. Your friend also forgot to mention how she was sent to the hospital after tumbling down a few trees straight to the ground. The MC reacts by being slightly impressed.
Dec 29, 2015 2:56 AM

Oct 2014
I hope it'll 2 cour...

read from right to left
Dec 29, 2015 2:59 AM

Jan 2013
VarunaBles said:
TheNaturalPerm said:

Dramatic filled event? That's a comedic scene that happens early in the story. Your friend also forgot to mention how she was sent to the hospital after tumbling down a few trees straight to the ground. The MC reacts by being slightly impressed.

He reacts...by being slightly impressed?
um. okay.
Looking forward to seeing that.
Dec 29, 2015 3:05 AM

Nov 2014
TheNaturalPerm said:
He reacts...by being slightly impressed?
um. okay.
Looking forward to seeing that.

To boot:
When she falls:

There's really no other way to react at this point.

After she get dragged into an ambulance:

"That was some transfer student......."
Transfer students really do make crazy things happen.....
Dec 29, 2015 3:07 AM

Jul 2014
Again 2016 the Holy year.

Now try to imagine what if all the adaption in 2016 got butcher........
GensanDec 29, 2015 4:15 AM
Dec 29, 2015 3:10 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Technically they shouldn't even announce Kagari's existence so lightly since she's supposed to be a secret in the beginning but fair enough

May 2014
So glad they kept the character designs similar and the same VAs as the Visual Novel. I find it helps keeping the same cast as they are already familiar with the character and portraying that character's emotions, so will be excellent to hear. Really hope for a 3-cour or 4-cour, hardly get any nowadays except for kid shows or battle shounen.

Feb 2014
Does not look to be anything to get excited about.
Dec 29, 2015 3:12 AM

Jan 2015
Looks great!
Can't wait for the trainwreck!
Dec 29, 2015 3:43 AM

Mar 2014
Great seiyuu cast

I know it's probably just a typical Key harem but I still can't wait
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 29, 2015 3:44 AM

Apr 2015
I hope it's as great as people make it out to be.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2015 3:52 AM

Oct 2012
Can't wait for Tennouji Kotarou...

Dec 29, 2015 4:06 AM

Jan 2014
Whoaaa... ichigo VA.
I miss her voices.
Dec 29, 2015 4:44 AM

Jul 2015
CG-Silver said:
I hope it's as great as people make it out to be.

this, hope not another charlotte --"
Dec 29, 2015 4:49 AM

Jul 2014
looks great. Chiwa Saito!!
Dec 29, 2015 4:57 AM

Jul 2013
Masakazu Morita, Eri Kitamura, Chiwa Saito, HanaKana... very good cast. I will watch it even if the anime becomes bad later.
Dec 29, 2015 5:11 AM

Aug 2014
Finally, another anime from Key. Hope it will be better than Charlotte though.
sup
Dec 29, 2015 5:25 AM

Aug 2015
Rewrite is a hard VN to be adapted into Anime. I hope 8 bit can do it right. Well , I'll watch it no matter what happens.
Dec 29, 2015 5:46 AM

Sep 2009
Masakazu Morita play this
Dec 29, 2015 5:52 AM
Dec 2015
Is a Key VN, that's all I need to read to watch it tbh
Dec 29, 2015 5:55 AM

Jun 2014
Z-Dante said:
Rewrite is a hard VN to be adapted into Anime. I hope 8 bit can do it right. Well , I'll watch it no matter what happens.

Is it really that difficult to tell its story? There should be a long common route from what I've seen in many series, along with the elements of different routes for each character available being present. Not that hard unless it ends up like Fate DEEN.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Dec 29, 2015 5:55 AM

May 2015
Oh yeah, looks like they kept the original VN voice acting cast. Good. Hopefully it'll be at least two cour. Hope to see another PV some time soon.

Dec 29, 2015 6:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Z-Dante said:

Is it really that difficult to tell its story? There should be a long common route from what I've seen in many series, along with the elements of different routes for each character available being present. Not that hard unless it ends up like Fate DEEN.
It's much more complicated than that. You can't just take elements from all the routes and put them together because the routes in Rewrite blatantly contradict one another. Once you've taken even a single step down one character's route, it's completely impossible to incorporate any elements of the other ones in the same timeline. It just doesn't make sense that way. It's one of those stories with multiple parallel worlds and stuff which uses the visual novel medium's capabilities in order to create an overarching storyline (kind of like Ever17), and the only way you can really showcase that in a linear medium like anime is by making an Omnibus adaptation (I.E: going down one route, then looping back in time, then going down another route, repeat)
Dec 29, 2015 6:48 AM

Dec 2012
That cast tho.........................

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 29, 2015 6:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Not a bad cast so far
Dec 29, 2015 7:21 AM

Aug 2010
AWESOME! They kept the same cast. Kotori as Chiwa-chan and Kotarou as Morita!! That's all I care about esp Kotori <3<3

At least something to be excited about in this adaption that'll most likely be butchered...
Dec 29, 2015 8:07 AM

Feb 2008
Shake it now baby now hype.

The show will probably animate the main route and I hear it's pretty bad and that it's mostly the other routes that were good. Oh well, as long as they include lots of Yoshino, should be worth watching.

edit: Never mind, just saw it's made by the Grisaia staff. Might even end as a 1-cour tranwreck at this rate lol.
ZetaZakuDec 29, 2015 8:10 AM

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 29, 2015 8:20 AM

Jun 2014
HaXXspetten said:

That's the thing I'm most concerned about, it's hinting that all the characters backstories/problems will be covered in some method but then again as you said its not possible due to the contradictions that will arise.

The time loop being introduced in the anime to cover the routes is just bad personally, as it detracts from how the source material plays out (sadly the only way it can be done). Multiple routes is essentially a different part to the series that may or may not be related to each other. It will be confusing no doubt for anime-onlys.

Ever17's method of storytelling is in another class, all the routes count towards the final goal unless you're implying Rewrite is like that. In which case it gets more interesting...
All credit goes to Sacred.
Dec 29, 2015 9:23 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
FireEmblemIke24 said:
HaXXspetten said:

That's the thing I'm most concerned about, it's hinting that all the characters backstories/problems will be covered in some method but then again as you said its not possible due to the contradictions that will arise.

The time loop being introduced in the anime to cover the routes is just bad personally, as it detracts from how the source material plays out (sadly the only way it can be done). Multiple routes is essentially a different part to the series that may or may not be related to each other. It will be confusing no doubt for anime-onlys.

Ever17's method of storytelling is in another class, all the routes count towards the final goal unless you're implying Rewrite is like that. In which case it gets more interesting...
Well no it's not as complicated as E17, that's on a level of its own, but it's a similar kind of problem at least, albeit on a somewhat smaller scale
Dec 29, 2015 9:37 AM

Dec 2007
TheNaturalPerm said:
the clumsy transfer student Chihaya, the strict class representative Lucia, and the unassuming Shizuru.

If you only talked to your friend when he started playing you would get no idea about the real heaviness of the VN. Saying to much would spoil, but Rewite is one of Key's most action(y) titles. And it gets pretty crazy.

But I hate 8bit with a passion after what they did to GnK so I'm not expecting much.
Dec 29, 2015 10:00 AM

Dec 2012
TheNaturalPerm said:

Basing your opinions off of what your friend thinks of a 50 hour visual novel that he's played like an hour of? And a visual novel designed to deceive none the less. Nice one m8.

This is Romeo Tanaka that we're talking about: generic is the farthest from what it'll be.
Dec 29, 2015 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
Please 8-bit do not fail on us for this.

Other than that, nice cast! ^^ Yes freaking Yona's VA, also Kana Hanazawa! QAQ
Dec 29, 2015 12:12 PM

Apr 2013
the cast is the same as the VN as expected, now we just need to know how many episode this will be
Dec 29, 2015 3:00 PM

Jun 2014
I can't wait to hear Kotarou's voice in the common route.
Dec 29, 2015 3:42 PM

Aug 2014
HaXXspetten said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

It's much more complicated than that. You can't just take elements from all the routes and put them together because the routes in Rewrite blatantly contradict one another. Once you've taken even a single step down one character's route, it's completely impossible to incorporate any elements of the other ones in the same timeline. It just doesn't make sense that way. It's one of those stories with multiple parallel worlds and stuff which uses the visual novel medium's capabilities in order to create an overarching storyline (kind of like Ever17), and the only way you can really showcase that in a linear medium like anime is by making an Omnibus adaptation (I.E: going down one route, then looping back in time, then going down another route, repeat)

Well they can go down the rinse and repeat process, and just have how that happened explained with the Moon route. Kinda like Higurashi I suppose.

Also great to hear part of the cast of the VN will be voice actings, I can't wait to see some of the Yoshino moments animated!
Dec 29, 2015 4:53 PM

Jul 2010
Thai777 said:
I can't wait to hear Kotarou's voice in the common route.
Me too.

Chara designs look better than I expected, can't wait to see Sakuya.
Dec 29, 2015 5:01 PM

Jun 2010
8-Bit please don't ruin this.8-Bit please don't ruin this.8-Bit please don't ruin this.
8-Bit please don't ruin this.8-Bit please don't ruin this.8-Bit please don't ruin this.
Dec 29, 2015 5:50 PM

Dec 2012
Yes I can hear "Tennouji Kotaroooooooooou" again from Lucia xD
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

11 by NewestPersonHere »»
3 hours ago

» Orange, Qubic Pictures Produce 'Leviathan' Anime for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

14 by keepinup »»
5 hours ago

» 'Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu' Season 3 Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, 90-Minute Premiere

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

11 by MrRant »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 23

24 by iyoa »»
Yesterday, 9:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.