Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 23, 2015 7:57 AM
Nov 2015
Mabye no one noticed yet because the anime I am going to compare it with is criminally unknown, but let's just put them next to each other.

I'm talking about Future Boy Conan. We start with our MC finding a misterious girl Lana (Shita), who unconciously landed on the beach he happens to be near (fell from the sky). How did she get there? Well she was kidnapped by Captain Dyce (the Pirates) and then fled. But later on Dyce becomes an ally to the main characters.

The real enemy is Industria (the government), who have advanced vehicles and weapons and quickly track down Lana. There's also Lepka (Muska), who has a high position in the government but later on more and more takes over the control.

Now why is everyone after Lana (Shita)? That's because she holds the key to a certain power that is somehow related to her family, i.e. Dr. Lao (her cristal). Lepka (Muska) is trying to power a weapon that could destroy the entire world.

Also, did I note that Lana and Shia have exactly the same personalities and character designs?

Now I know that both are Miyazaki's property, so technically it's fine. But still, has anyone ever noticed all that?
Jul 8, 2016 12:25 PM

Jun 2016
Yes,myazaki ripped off himself.
I've watched future boy Conan before and when I saw this movie I realized immediately the similarities in plot and characters actually future boy Conan is a prototype of castle in the sky that's it,both directed by myazaki ,enjoy the movie.
Dec 7, 2016 10:41 AM
Apr 2011
I can see the similarities.

More topics from this board

» What's the Philosophical Significance of Certain Motifs in Castle in the Sky?

Hethalos - Jun 9, 2013

9 by EtherLux »»
Apr 25, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Cele - Dec 3, 2009

124 by mangalicker94 »»
Mar 30, 9:10 PM

» Dub Discussion

JTurner - Feb 21, 2008

17 by IamCheri »»
Sep 24, 2023 6:05 AM

» Anna Paquin as Sheeta

Duckielover151 - Jan 13, 2019

5 by JTurner »»
Feb 5, 2019 11:48 PM

» Rest in Peace, Uncle Pom (Richard Dysart)

JTurner - Apr 20, 2015

0 by JTurner »»
Apr 20, 2015 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.