Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 7, 2010 2:05 AM

Sep 2008
I'm just going to regurgitate that I also thought that it was a horrible ending. However, I'm a realism (...wait a second I need to go find a Nice Boat for that...) junkie when it comes to romance. I actually liked both seasons...

I still love Yayoi...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2010 6:20 AM

May 2008
So the realy GODDESS of the show(not Touya's) is Menou? So she used her ultimate skill which is called "Miracle" and created a happy ending for everyone in this show? That is just...lol
overall i gave it a 5/10....
Jan 20, 2010 9:48 AM
Nov 2008
Kinda dissapointing end. I actually enjoyed most of this season, unlike the first which had me sleeping through most of it. However, the end was way to predictable and boring. I never liked Yuki, she's dull and easily manipulated, and the way I perceived the end, he ended up resolving his issues with the "goddess" thing, remembering how to love, appologizing to Yuki and starting over with her. Well whatever, hopefully he can be more faithful at least.
Jan 23, 2010 5:00 PM

Oct 2008
Meh! Didn't really like the end. I was rooting for Rina. I hate Yuki the whole serie. Kinda disappoint that they that Rina didn't sing Secret Chaos. Hope they will release an album or an OST with that.
Jan 24, 2010 12:43 AM

Jan 2008
I was wondering if someone could PM a link to the corrected ASS file. I only have the original HorribleSubs file with the wrong subtitles. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Jan 26, 2010 1:23 PM
Feb 2009
Haha, lol'd so hard when Yuki gave Toya a "good job" medal for pissing in his pants. :'D
Would take that more like slander than an act of gratitude.

I want to believe it was Yuki he was waving to in the end. Perhaps there's gonna be a 3rd season, so we can find out about that..
At least they left the season to a point where it could be possible to continue later.
Jan 26, 2010 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
This ep is a best in the whole series...I believe in the end he was with Yuki, since he had let her waited for so long...
overall 8/10
Feb 19, 2010 11:14 AM

Jul 2008
Kind of a weird ending, but awkwardly satisfying.

I can understand finally what his dad meat when he said to Yuki that "What will happen may be sad for you and Toya" now.

Not the best drama of all times, but it deserves a solid 7.

Two things that are bad about this series is that,

1) It was confusing as fu*k.

2) Rushed, and no explanation.

I guess I'd have to play the VN now. pfft.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Feb 20, 2010 4:53 PM
Aug 2007
"Did you drop a gold axe? Or was it a silver axe?"

Best part of the whole episode.
Apr 17, 2010 8:33 PM

Jan 2008
The ending was rather confusing and slightly weird.
May 19, 2010 1:43 AM

Jan 2008
I was a bit confused at the end when they started jumping between scenes during his conversation with Haruka. Anyway, if I understood it correctly, Yuki was his true "goddess". And he started flirting with other women, because he was trying to search for the "goddess" he had forgotten long ago. His story sort of correlated with Eiji's, who was also searching for something he had lost through paintings. However, Eiji was lost during his search, while Touya was saved by his goddess or whatever. That was the impression I got after finishing the show...

May 20, 2010 6:07 AM
Apr 2010
I'm almost certain that it's an Yuki ending. Didnt she say she would wait for him indefinitly and fall in love with him all over again? Seems to me that's exactly what's happened. While Touya says farewell to all of his godesses in the last couple of episodes, he doesn't say goodbye to Yuki. After the last goddesses left him (Menou and Mana) he clearly states "And all is right in the world". I think he means that eveything is as it should have been. The interaction with Yuki on the stage and later the conversation with Akira clarify that Touya has been rid of the goddess syndrom and now only has eyes for Yuki ("Yuki I'm sorry for the wait"). The last scene seems to be on a staircase of a station, where Yuki and Touya should have met the first time we had seen them on a date (episode 4). But then there were the Goddesses Rina and Mana that interfered. Because of them they met a couple of hours later.

The meaning of the note 010004 is "I'll be waiting" just as Yuki wrote in episode 5 of season 1. It isn't a phone number.

As for what Yayoi is doing: I think has liked Eiji the whole time and finally wants to take a step. Sorry for her he has to do something else first. I think a seach for himself, after he had his eyes opened.

I think "What I lost" refers to the axe of Aesop. This is a summary of the tale:

**A woodman lost his axe into the river when it glanced off a tree he was felling. Mercury (the God) appeared while the man was lamenting his loss, and on hearing his tale dived into the river, and recovered a golden axe. "That's not mine," said the woodman, so Mercury returned it to the river, resurfacing this time with a silver axe. "That's not mine," again said the woodman, and again Mercury returned it to the river, resurfacing this time with the woodman's own axe. "That's mine," said the grateful woodman. Mercury promptly rewarded the man for his honesty by giving him the golden and silver axes as well. On hearing the woodman's tale, an envious friend set out to do as the woodman had done, visiting the same spot and deliberately losing his axe in the river. Just as before, Mercury appeared and dived in to recover the lost axe. When Mercury produced a golden axe, the man greedily stretched out for it claiming, "That's mine." Mercury, not best pleased with the man's dishonesty, held on to the golden axe, and refused to recover the original.**

But....It would haven been simpler when they had shown us just one image of the two together. What were they trying to accomplish? Make us think about the series? They already made me ponder in overtime, so that's not it. Just one still had sufficed. Oh well in stead of 100% sure, I'm 95 % sure, so that doens't make a real significance.
BobStarMay 20, 2010 11:31 PM
Jul 4, 2010 4:25 PM

May 2010
I just finished this anime and I completely understand everything that happened so ask away! The only discrepancy is who he ends up with. In my honest opinion its 90% yuki 10% haruka. Everything suggests yuki as he finally realizes that she was her first 1 and only goddess,remembers his past, etc... He also had ties severed with every girl romantically. He said goodbye to all of them if you remeber except rina and yuki. BTW the goodbye with Haruka was when they talked after they had sex and she said he was going back to being his brother etc. Then Rina(cmon guys obviously) wrote the words on the wall. First off yuki wouldnt do that,second off the letter was last in possesion of rina, and second yuki has said no matter what she would love fuji. The only reason why it might be haruka was the metaphor with the gold and silver ax suggesting yuki and rina but he chooses bronze. And bronze could only be haruka. That is the only dilemma but the visual novel doesn't seem to have a haruka route so its safte to assume he ends up fully devoted to yuki.
Aug 17, 2010 5:35 PM

Jun 2009
noteDhero said:
...and I thought Umineko had a bad ending. Words can't express how underwhelming and anti-climactic this ending was. Rina gets her voice back within the first few minutes of the episode and then goes to sing with Yuki for no real reason. Then we have the remaining 2/3 of the episode to explain the primary misunderstanding of the entire season: Touya was a pussy when he was a kid, and a thoughtless child to Yuki. Is that really a secret?

This was just bad, everyone gets a nice bow on all of their stories just for the sake of a happy ending. Honestly, though, the show probably wouldn't have been so terrible if the story had been presented in a more straightforward manner. Maybe then we would have had more focus on the enjoyable character interactions like Menou and Mana, more music, and less melodrama. The scene with Mana, Menou, and Touya felt like about how the show should have gone. I hate to suggest that it should have played it safe, and been mediocre, but that's far and away better what I just finished watching.

Dropped from a 6 to a 4/10

Agreed. I also hate the messages presented here. Touya screwed around with so many girls and somehow gets and ending that tries to put him in good light? That it was all ok because all the girls loved him? And why? Why did they love him? The guy has zero likable traits! I will give a medal to a girl who still thinks a guy is cool after he pisses himself in front of bullies.

School days may not have been prefect but it got the message right. If you fuck around with girls, you get fucked. It's simple. It's true. Nobody is going to walk away from something like this smelling like roses.

And correct me if I am wrong but I think it takes more than something like that memory to traumatize a child. Especially one as stupid as this child. The reason that justified all his cheating is all pinned on some memory as insignificant as that? Sounds like he's just trying to run away from the problem by pinning the blame on that. Realistic my ass.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Oct 3, 2010 7:13 PM

Mar 2010
One of the best, if not the best, duets ever. Aya and Nana are amazing. Anyone know where I can download the song in the duet version along with the piano solo at the beginning?
"It's super milk time!"-Oga Tatsumi

Oct 9, 2010 8:12 PM
Oct 2010
I remember his father saying that Touya will always be alone... Or something about that....
Jan 12, 2011 5:23 AM
Jul 2009
shitty wrap up if you ask me, but i didn't expect anything more since the plot was so shitty in general. they try to justify and explain touya's actions in 5 minutes and it just doesn't work. hes still an asshole and nothing will change that. throughout the series ive been asking myself "how in the world are these people falling in love with this guy, hes complete garbage"

the explanation of the savior-goddess was exceptionally poor/weak and thats really the whole plot of this anime. yes touya, because doing favors for other goddesses will thank yuki. and yes, you can screw them, smart thinking. and of course you can cheat on 5 girls AT THE SAME TIME. which reminds me, i laughed when Rina was desperately trying to say its not his fault. this whole anime is his fault.

all in all, the major backbone of the story and the reason why touya acted as he did was because of this goddess crap and I DONT BUY IT. no excuse for how he acted and he DESERVES to be alone forever.

4/10 hands down, the worst romance anime i've seen in my life. quite possibly the worst anime in general for me. why did i finish it? i dont like to stop halfway and i was hoping he would die so whatever
cleeezzzJan 12, 2011 8:59 PM
Jan 18, 2011 11:05 AM

Mar 2008
08/10
Jan 31, 2011 5:45 AM

Jun 2007
I have never been so glad that I could rate the two halves of a series differently. The first half of this series was awesome for both the romance and the music industry plotlines, a pretty great homage to the 80s. Then director changes from Akira Yoshimura to Taizo Yoshida and the second half is just school days, making the main character a total douche who sleeps with nearly every main female character, and putting in a freudian explaination for the "goddess of the day" motif. Also couldn't even bother to decide on a real conclusion to the romance. Taizo Yoshida is now on my list of least favorite people.

10/10 for the first season, 4/10 for the second.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Feb 4, 2011 2:44 PM

Apr 2009
I finally finished this one. I guess I'm jumping to the bandwagon here since I'm glad it was a happy ending but it was also weird for me at the same time. It kept me entertained (more like raging at Touya every time actually) the whole time I was watching the entire second season so it wasn't that bad.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 19, 2011 12:11 AM

Oct 2009
Actually.. i didnt like this whole anime.. but i forced myself to watch final episode..

and.. i like final episode.. with Rina_yuki song.. wow.. it's good song..

we stil dont know.. did yuki and touya break up or make up their relationship..

Touya you deserved it!! because u make yuki heartbreaked with ur cheating!!

Sep 7, 2011 8:51 PM
Mar 2010
the whole time i hated touya... this whole 26 episodes, i wanted him to end up alone and die. he is too indecisive and stupid. He has no backbone nor spine. He is weak and pisses his pants easily.

This is what I hate about some japanese manga/anime protagonists in harem/ romance genre. They are loved by all girls but has no will power or power to think by themselves.

I have to admit this series is good and bad. What I mean is that one part of me wants to give it a good rating and the other doesn't... there were times I found the series boring. Sometimes, I found it very interesting.

It does seem like he did end up with Yuki. The one who wrote "good bye" with red lipstick is Rina. Do you guys remember when Ogata used red lipstick to write the number of audience they need at the stadium to beat the sakura girls from M3? It can't be anyone but Rina. Plus... that fancy room was Rina's place lol. He no longer works for her as a manager with her saying good bye to him.

I really wished he would end alone... but the ending was way too loose. It almost made the whole series look bad. More explanation and what happens after venus would have been nice.

To me, it seems like the anime just tried to look all mysterious and ended up creating just needless confusion everywhere. I like the plot but i do not feel fond of how anime carried the series out. Therefore, I am willing to check out manga and visual novel... if I can find the visual novel that is lol... I hear there's multiple ending other than yuki route...
Sep 26, 2011 2:40 AM
Sep 2011
I just finished the series like 10 minutes ago. I give it a 7 or 8/10. I understood everything. At the end its obvious he ended up with Yuki as she already stated she would pretty much stay in love with him no matter what when talking to his dad in the Hospital. Now lets leave that topic and go to my favorite topic. Makato from School days vs. Touya from White Album..

Ok I didn't like Makato but i have to say...I LIKED HIM WAY MORE THAN TOUYA. First off Makato may have cheated on his girlfriend but.. he only knew her for like a couple weeks if that. Touya cheated on a girl who he had had been dating for YEARS! Who he had known since he was a CHILD! Makato was a teenager I can sort of forgive his ignorance.. Touya was 20+! IN COLLEGE! I don't get why those females like him..it is the most unrealistic piece of trash I have ever seen. How can they like this unfaithful piece of crap?

How can Yuki.. fall back in love with a guy who had sex with Haruka, Her manager, and Misaki? I don't get what the females saw in a dude who is 20+ calling females Goddesses everywhere he goes, he's not super smart, he's not trust worthy, he'll do any girl who kisses him. I wish he didn't end up with Yuki but I am 100% sure that he did. He deserved to be alone like the piece of trash that he was. For him to even LOOK at Yuki or even think about her after all he had done through this series makes me SICK! Makato > Touya. I wish Rina would of stayed as Yuki is the most boring female character I've ever seen. I don't get why he didn't fall for Haruka..she did so much for him...and wanted to spend time with him on so many occasions. Touya is a lost cause! He is a male that can never be trusted LOL. Well i'm done!!! Good job White Album, make some OVAs or if you make a season 3 make it go back in the past and alter it in a way that he is just a loner fantasizing about being with all those females. Cause Touya is a piece of crap!

Anyway I enjoyed this series! It Was a Good Ride! GOOD DUET AT THE END AND GOODBYE White Album! I'm Out!
Feb 7, 2012 4:46 PM
Dec 2010
ehm... i got mixed feelings , can't decide if i'm satisfied with ending or not,
It still looks like girls were tricked but now i see it as they were tricked willingly as they knew bout each others rivals and still loved him.
Since ending was somewhat unclear i'd say he either ended up with Yuki as she was main girl and his 1st , kinda, or everyone went their own ways and he found new girl but this time only one since he seemed to realize his mistakes.
Last ep was very good.
so im deciding between 7 - 8 / 10
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Feb 28, 2012 8:35 AM

Dec 2007
Oh I get it now. This is a comedy! Ahahahahahahahahahahaha

6/10
Apr 15, 2012 12:17 PM

Jan 2012
What is with all these whining and hating...?

-The male lead didn't seem to end up with anyone for sure? 6/10
-The whole thing is so confusing... 5/10
-I hate Touya. He's fornicated with every women he meets while looking pathetic as fuck.... 5/10
-The plot sucks, he lost memories because of a freaking medal? WTF? 4/10

If you fall into any of the above category, just do yourself a favor and stick to kiddie predictable mindless shows. You're clearly haven't had your first menstrual cycle or your balls haven't dropped yet.

and please...

Stay safe.
Sep 11, 2012 7:50 PM

Nov 2011
Alright, this series confused the hell out of me...it's unclear who Touya ends up with even though I think it should of been Yuki from the very beginning. But then, there's Yayoi, Rina, and the others.

Yup, I'm confused as fuck and shitty ending. 5/10.
Dec 23, 2012 1:01 AM

Dec 2007
I'm taking off points. I hate open endings. I was analyzing the episodes in the first season and part of the second season, but it just didn't live up to it. I was expecting more drama, and for someone to die. It was a given that Touya's father would die. Everything was anti-climatic.

The photos of Yayou and Touya went nowhere, Akira was hit by a car and was fine, Misaka was stabbed and wasn't hurt, Yuki was overly sensitive didn't go crazy, and the fat stalker guy somehow became a hero. Everything somehow wraps up nicely, but the ending is left open. He obviously goes with Yuki, but at least show them together. Don't leave it open just to annoy the fans, and come up with their own ending.

7/10 - Mostly for the drama, but nothing really bad happened.
Feb 23, 2013 1:07 AM

Sep 2011
The duet was really good, but as for the ending itself, it wasn't satisfying at all... -o-

All the drama in season 2 just seemed so forced...
Mar 10, 2013 10:28 PM

Feb 2012
WTF is up with the ending!! Sucks so much!! These are the kind of harems I loathe - guys who are so indecisive that they can't choose one girl, so he sleeps (or have a relationship) with all of them. After cheating with the girlfriend (Yuki), he (even she) wont break up with each other. Pathetic! I thought this was realistic, but I guess I thought wrong.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 19, 2013 5:05 PM

May 2011
This series had nothing going from the beginning so I was looking forward to the ending and lol.

-The story was all over the place since the start.
-The art was fine for most of the Anime.
-The only think I liked is the sound. Some of the songs are pretty pleasant to hear and jazzy BGM was nice, though out of place sometimes.

4/10
Jul 25, 2013 4:21 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I think a simple explanation would be:
- Touya says good bye to every savior goddess
- Touya no longer works for Rina as manager, and probably stay just friends.
- Mana, Menou, Kanzaki move away
- Touya having been traumatized by his childhood past runs away from it, buries it I should say especially after his dad scolded him real bad.

- Yuki stated she would give Touya a second chance by falling in love with him again should something unfortunate happen. In this case Touya forgetting about her, making her wait, so she puts that in the past and only focuses on the present/future which is a fresh start relationship with Touya.

I assume Touya was waving at Yuki as he came down the stairs. During the performance if I remember correctly I remember seeing Touya say "I'm sorry for making you wait" in his head, as Yuki looked at Touya. To show he was sorry for making you wait he raised his hand and did a throw gesture, which only Yuki would know.
SweetKiichigoJul 25, 2013 4:24 PM

Aug 20, 2013 4:13 AM

Jul 2013
The anime wasn't close to my favorites, but I need to pass time and started watching. As I said once Touya started sleeping around with Yuki's manager and the things with all the other girls, I just wanted to watched to see the episode where Yuki would find out obviously and give him a good one so that he would deeply regrets that he's been screwing around and shit since he at least seemed to care about Yuki -- him crying in the car with Yoaya (SP) and after Rina read him the letter.

About the trauma, I won't belittle that since everyone is different and people can have trauma based on the different incidents whether we see as nothing too significance; it was to Touya. But I'm glad it got resolved in the end and he seemed to be thinking clearly then.

As a romance sucker, I like something like true love, so while I did not like Touya I still wouldn't have minded a happy ending with him and Yuki as they seemed to really loved one another at one point and their relationship was deep rooted back to childhood. Though the screwing around made him untrustworthy in my eyes. How many times did he mess up and lie to his girlfriend? How would anyone know he wouldn't do that again?

In the end it seemed like he probably did end up with Yuki, patching things up and starting fresh with all the goddess issue resolved and all the girls are fine in the end, accepting that it wasn't meant to be with Touya. I'm glad he didn't do it with Rina because I really liked her -- her integrity and her relationship with Yuki specially. While Yuki was really sensitive and cried a lot, I gotta loved her softness because she seemed so genuine and caring. I also liked Mena. Could careless about Menou though since she was only introduced later. Didn't really care about Haruka or Misaki and didn't like the manager one bit.

Despite him sleeping with any girl who would throw herself at him, it seemed like who he truly cared about romantically was only Yuki and since she's all forgiving and would wait for him indefinitely I can only conclude that Touya would end up with her. All suggesting it with the hotel scene in the end, his "I'm sorry for making you wait" as he came to terms with it and Yuki smiling at him on stage.

I gotta say that it was kind of cute that the place on his back was reserved only for Yuki.

Overall, I'm kind of glad I finished watching this anime. I hate open endings as it seems like it's never satisfying even if the ending is supposed to be realistic.
Sep 29, 2013 5:53 PM
Nov 2012
Confusing ending but 99% sure he ended up with Yuki.
Even in his talk with Haruka he says he's going as they are standing in front of her apartment. Other then Yuki all the goddesses get their own goodbye versions. The mirror was obviously Rina as indicated by the letter that was meant for Touya from the start.
The duet was great indeed but i wished we could have seen a little more of a finished end.
1 thing i don't really like is how people can endure and fall in love with someone who seems to cheat on everyone while they even know it.I doubt if my girlfriend ever cheated on me i would ever speak to her again :D
gave it 8/10 since it did fulfill the harem setting quite nice while not having a boring Main that is to scared to touch anyone for once.
Oct 7, 2013 5:07 AM

Aug 2012
Confused .-.- , the begining of this episode was awesome, i was overjoyed to see rina and yuki finally singing together .....but then it went downhill again(just like the series). Rina seems to be my favourite girl of the whole series and yayoi being my least favourite.
Oct 25, 2013 12:06 AM

Oct 2010
Gotta love the people who claim the story sucks and was all over the place simply because they didn't understand it and couldn't be bothered to think a bit more.

Yes it wasn't an extremely definite ending, however I felt like this anime as an entity has introduced a lot of positive innovations and concepts that really distinguished it from the rest of the pile. Most of the harem romance anime that floats around are shallow to the point where it's essentially the same crappy see-through plot repeated multiple times per season with new characters and new fanservice. At the very least White Album made it so that we had to think (tough I know.) and deduce through a plethora of subtle hints in order to draw our own conclusions. Not everything is spelled out for you. You had to go through your own ending with your imagination. In this aspect, I'd say the anime did quite a job of adapting the visual novel.

Of course that doesn't mean I understand everything. I'm still quite confused about Shinozaki's "plan", which I think was to make Touya "disappear", but that part about "since you didn't help her when she was in need... you are no longer a threat.. my plan has failed" is really counter-intuitively unsettling. Overall I do believe that he ends up with Yuki. The message on the dressing room was definitely Rina's, as she was the last person who had the letter, and Yuki's handwriting doesn't match the mirror's. Last scene: There's no way he could have looked that happy meeting Akira. Think about it. When has he ever smiled and waved to Akira excitedly? If the penultimate scene with them in front of Yuki's apartment and Touya getting his piss-よくできました! medal back wasn't suggestive enough, the other girls could be eliminated based on deduction.
Mana - went to college
Menou - left with Mana
Yayoi - didn't appear ever since her last scene with Touya
Rina - for the reason above
Haruka - heavily implied that she's over him, even went on "Date" with Akira
Misaki - her letter after Touya's father died
Kanzaki - the fuc-

And if I do recall correctly, the phrase "Yuki can forgive cheating, but she can't forgive herself for being unfaithful" popped up sometimes in the earlier episodes. She even self-inflicted a wound in frustration at how helpless she was when Rina stepped up (sometimes I wonder if Rina only did it to motivate Yuki, and never really liked Touya). She would rather hurt herself in frustration than come to doubt Touya. I think that says something.

Overall a really innovative and engaging series. I felt like it wasn't just me starting at a brain-cell burning box for 26 episodes worth of time.

9/10

I'll admit though, Fujisaki Touya is a worthless, spineless piece of dick-for brain ass-wipe. I have never seen someone so hell-bent on being retardedly passive and helpless in situations when he needs to take action. At least he realized his own indecision and clueless "repaying" was actually hurting everyone around him. Makes him better than a certain Nice Boat protag.
Nov 11, 2013 12:26 PM
Feb 2012
just finished the series...........something something tells me that he ends up as menou and mana new papa................

JK i 99% believe it is yuki and touya is..........i dunno, maybe because its an anime, but he could probably very handsome looking, but he's unique
Nov 11, 2013 11:25 PM

Dec 2012
So this all pretty much happened because he pissed his pants huh.
Nov 12, 2013 12:46 AM

May 2013
@HowTragic , i agree entirely with what your saying, i reached many of those conclusions myself. I didnt really get he whole can forgive you but cant forgive herself for unfaithfullness thing tho. that confused me because nothing happened really after yuki kissed whats his face
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Nov 13, 2013 3:37 PM

Mar 2013
Wow that ending was unfulfilling for me.. well at least it wasnt like a complete Yuki x Touya ending, which i was afraid it would be. How can anyone like this maincharacter after what he did? He is even worse than the main character from School Days, because a.) he knows Yuki a lot longer and b.) hes more mature so he should know better.

Damn this season had a lot more "Wtf" moments, most of them pissing you off, the animation quality went down a bit and the great classic background seemed to be less often used. Over all im glad the anime could keep me very interested and entertained for 26 episodes... especially because of this the ending hurts even more. What a shame
Nov 26, 2013 1:41 PM

Oct 2013
overall i would give a 5/10 or 6/10 for this whole anime, well we all know the MC was a douche and a asshole all the way, but we cant say the story was bad because of this, why this series was bad its because there was lot of incoherent things

-i was laughing everytime i was hearding goddess thing, seriously its was more like suffering from mental problem that any other thing
-how the girls could still love him after all what he did to them(even rina know he was cheating yuki and she still wanted a kiss from him? wow)
-the memories lost thing? seriously because he throw a medal away and that his father was a bit mad of this, he lost all his memories? wow this part was dumb seriously
-ect..

p.s overall i would say its was like the first time i was seeing a full douchebag playboy guys like MC, and i didnt liked this, sure im not saying the series was bad because of this,(we know already that bad guys are really existing). i guess its simply not my kind of anime with such a bad MC

its still great i got some experience with it,
Dec 9, 2013 11:43 AM
Sep 2012
but rember at the end he was siting at the steps of ther high school and he waved after they all said his name rember they were sopose to go on a date at there old school and he dident make it he was wating for yuiki and he waved at her and it ended thats what i think
Dec 30, 2013 12:47 AM

Dec 2010
HowTragic said:
Gotta love the people who claim the story sucks and was all over the place simply because they didn't understand it and couldn't be bothered to think a bit more.

LONG QUOTE...

I completely agree with you HowTragic. White Album is an anime where there is almost no happy moments at all I myself cannot consider the ending as a happy ending too. This is what I like to call the tragedy of Harem mainly a weak but nice to every girl protaganist having trouble choosing a girl. This is a more realistic Harem rather than those comedy ecchi harems.

Many people do not understand or do not try to understand the symbolism between the piss medal. Well like many of us I am not 100% sure what it symbolizes but I do have a clue. In anime, childhood memories are a huge trigger to future love, even if the childhood memories was stupid it all symbolizes the first time the lovers met. Even if we cannot rationalize it but...it's childhood. Haha I'm now rambling sorry.

Well I cannot say much anymore. You've explained it greatly but sadly not everyone will ready your message thoroughly. I call these the lazy people who are too lazy to understand romantic drama but continues to hate the drama for their ignorance.
Jan 15, 2014 5:11 PM

Jan 2011
SweetKotomi said:
I think a simple explanation would be:
- Touya says good bye to every savior goddess
- Touya no longer works for Rina as manager, and probably stay just friends.
- Mana, Menou, Kanzaki move away
- Touya having been traumatized by his childhood past runs away from it, buries it I should say especially after his dad scolded him real bad.

- Yuki stated she would give Touya a second chance by falling in love with him again should something unfortunate happen. In this case Touya forgetting about her, making her wait, so she puts that in the past and only focuses on the present/future which is a fresh start relationship with Touya.

I assume Touya was waving at Yuki as he came down the stairs. During the performance if I remember correctly I remember seeing Touya say "I'm sorry for making you wait" in his head, as Yuki looked at Touya. To show he was sorry for making you wait he raised his hand and did a throw gesture, which only Yuki would know.

Really liked this explanation you have some very good points.
Jan 19, 2014 7:47 AM

Sep 2012
i watched final EP & decided not to watch it, no happy ending, like when it ends with 2 main's being couple, well in some harem anime's i wont mind it cause there is a lot of comedy & other stuff, but in this type of anime, if 2 mains go separate way's, it ruins the hole series for me, oh well harem's are not even good example cause in harems it is left undecided, but in here it was just decided opposite way, they went separate ways
Jan 27, 2014 11:13 PM

Jan 2013
This is a great article about White Album 2 that really focuses on why I liked the series: you watch as their friendship falls apart yet you can't blame it on any one character. All of them made mistakes and it's up to you to decide who's right or if there even is a right answer.

http://wrongeverytime.com/2014/01/13/white-album-2-and-the-futility-of-everything/
Feb 19, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
if you ask me I like the manga's ending better :((
the anime is so unclear of the ending :((
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Mar 30, 2014 6:59 PM

Mar 2014
Its Really Good. I'll give it 9/10 for the whole series of White Album
Well , Actually few of the girls are quite annoying .(especially Yayoi-chan)
and The MC is really an idiot for not knowing the girl's feelings...
The last episode its really amazing !. Both Rina-chan and Yuki-chan performance
is in a whole new level !!.
It was really a good anime . Hoping for many seasons to come :))
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2014 10:33 AM

Oct 2013
White Album 2 is 100 times better

AnimeLaver01 said:
Its Really Good. I'll give it 9/10 for the whole series of White Album
Well , Actually few of the girls are quite annoying .(especially Yayoi-chan)
and The MC is really an idiot for not knowing the girl's feelings...
The last episode its really amazing !. Both Rina-chan and Yuki-chan performance
is in a whole new level !!.
It was really a good anime . Hoping for many seasons to come :))

Try White Album 2
Apr 12, 2014 7:32 PM

May 2012
To be honest I actually enjoyed this last episode, they did manage to actually make it a good ending while the whole story still remains shit I did find the ending proper which raised my total rating to 5/10 for this whole series.

This whole anime has just a bad concept of romance and always had this dark/depressive/sad atmosphere hanging around every episode with also a rather horrible pace things didn't really look that good for the whole series in my eyes.

But well I mostly watched these two season because of White Album 2 and I wonder what that will bring me for an experience. I just hope it's not like this one...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Dec 5, 2009

52 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 16, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 28, 2009

68 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 6, 2009

62 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 13, 2023 12:24 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 30, 2009

61 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 12, 2023 4:21 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Oct 24, 2009

40 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 12, 2023 8:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.