Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2009 1:47 PM

Dec 2009
I never really understood why VN readers would sit through 26 episodes of this if they hated this adaptation from the beginning.

I guess they never heard of the saying, "If you don't like it, don't watch it."
Dec 24, 2009 1:49 PM
Apr 2009
I skipped to the parts that I wanted to see animated.
I'm a masochist so that's why I stuck with the anime.
Dec 24, 2009 1:49 PM

Apr 2008
That topic has been brought up and answered many times over and always it ended up degenerating. If you want your answer look up some of the previous episode threads.
Dec 24, 2009 1:54 PM
Nov 2009
I am an anime only viewer. After a whole season I still have no idea what the hell is going on...Plus the ending doesn't expalin anything. Feels like it's made for those who have read the VN. Or perhaps everything that happened so far are simply questions.
Dec 24, 2009 1:55 PM

Dec 2009
Darklight0303 said:
That topic has been brought up and answered many times over and always it ended up degenerating. If you want your answer look up some of the previous episode threads.

I've went to every episode discussion for the past months and seen no such thing. All I saw was little babies crying that there scenes weren't animated.
Dec 24, 2009 1:55 PM

Nov 2008
Darklight0303 said:
that's only cause Deen messed up his character from the start making Battler a constantly raging incompetent fool.

indeed so
Dec 24, 2009 1:58 PM

Apr 2008
Rail_Tracer said:
Darklight0303 said:

I've went to every episode discussion for the past months and seen no such thing. All I saw was little babies crying that there scenes weren't animated.

You're not even worth responding to anymore.
Dec 24, 2009 1:59 PM

Aug 2009
Darklight0303 said:
that's only cause Deen messed up his character from the start making Battler a constantly raging incompetent fool.

Which does not effect the series in any way
Dec 24, 2009 1:59 PM

Nov 2008
Darklight0303 said:

I question if responding was ever worth the while >.>

Animefan1929 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Other then changing how the anime only viewer like yourself, view the main character.. and we all know how main characters mean nothing in the story line.
Dec 24, 2009 2:00 PM

Apr 2009
I'm really and i mean REALLY dissapointed about the ending.
Even though I don't really play visual novels or other stuff like that like other people do, I wish they could just re-make the episode and put a little hug in there. I mean come on.

Seeing Ange dead and Beato getting hurt with little pointy stuff made me cry. Alot.
DEAN FAILS. I watched that fan made video thingy and it too, made me cry. I just want a second season or something. I'm still confused with this anime, and yet I will never even get it. So confusing. But this was a great anime anyways. Now off to watching the specials. :D

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Dec 24, 2009 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
sirwence said:
Darklight0303 said:

I question if responding was ever worth the while >.>

Animefan1929 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Other then changing how the anime only viewer like yourself, view the main character.. and we all know how main characters mean nothing in the story line.

I've read the VN before, so I know how he really is. However, it is not important.
Dec 24, 2009 2:03 PM
Apr 2009
Yes, the only thing that matters is the story line, right.
I don't think you've read the VN, too.
Dec 24, 2009 2:04 PM

Apr 2008
Animefan1929 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Which actually WILL if god forbid Chiru is ever animated.
or perhaps you didn't watch those vids with the prologue
Dec 24, 2009 2:05 PM

Nov 2008
Denwa said:

I would tend to agree with you

Darklight0303 said:
Animefan1929 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Which actually WILL if god forbid Chiru is ever animated.
or perhaps you didn't watch those vids with the prologue

Ill hold to hope that it ISNT
Dec 24, 2009 2:11 PM

Apr 2009
toratiger said:
I am an anime only viewer. After a whole season I still have no idea what the hell is going on...Plus the ending doesn't expalin anything. Feels like it's made for those who have read the VN. Or perhaps everything that happened so far are simply questions.

This, honestly. I've sat through 26 episodes of something I understand only partly, and I don't know why o.o I thought it was only me being stupid (which probably is true anyway), but I see I'm not alone in my 'WHAT.'

Darklight0303 said:

I've always wondered why VN readers thought he was so damn cool when I didn't see anything that awesome about him. Granted, he had some moments that made me go HELL YEAH, but nothing close to what I'd heard about him.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 24, 2009 2:12 PM

Aug 2009
Denwa said:

I've read Episode I before the anime started, and part of Episode III to do a comparison to see if the Vn was actually better then the anime, I liked the anime better though.

Anime version battler was fine.
Dec 24, 2009 2:13 PM
Apr 2009
The music and art were horrible, though. How did you even manage through a whole 10 minutes?
Dec 24, 2009 2:14 PM

Aug 2009
Denwa said:
The music and art were horrible, though. How did you ever manage to read it?

The same way you were able to watch 26 episodes if the adaptation.
Dec 24, 2009 2:15 PM
Apr 2009
But the VN is boring and has too much text. With the anime, I can just read teh subs :D
Dec 24, 2009 2:16 PM

Apr 2008
Animefan1929 said:
Denwa said:

I've read Episode I before the anime started, and part of Episode III to do a comparison to see if the Vn was actually better then the anime, I liked the anime better though.

Anime battler was fine TO YOU. overall most anime people either can't stand him or don't give a crap about him. Some tolerate/support him only cause he's the supposed hero who will defeat big bad Beato.(which is a another huge misinterpretation)
And VN readers mostly prefer to not aknowledge Anime Battler as THE USHIROMIYA BATTLER
Darklight0303Dec 24, 2009 2:36 PM
Dec 24, 2009 2:17 PM

Aug 2009
Denwa said:
But the VN is boring and has too much text. With the anime, I can just read teh subs :D

It's good to read the VN when you're bored
Dec 24, 2009 2:40 PM

Apr 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Animefan1929 said:
Denwa said:

Anime battler was fine TO YOU. overall most anime people either can't stand him or don't give a crap about him. Some tolerate/support him only cause he's the supposed hero who will defeat big bad Beato.
And VN readers mostly prefer to not aknowledge Anime Battler as THE USHIROMIYA BATTLER

Is that because in YOUR OPINION, the VN is better? Im sure when I've read through the majority of the episode discussions you (and other VN readers) have been hounding the anime-only watchers, just because it missed out things which, to be frank, diddn't all seem necessary anyway? Some of it may have been, but I understood what was going on. Job done as far as DEEN are concerned.

You say about opinions. Either accept others or keep it to yourself. You dislike the anime. Fine. I enjoyed it and feel that until I decide to try it, the VN is not necessary UNLESS I want to see the continuation.

IDK if the VN dislike the anime. They can think what they want. It's went people start getting pompus about why we don't understand that really grinds my gears.
Dec 24, 2009 2:44 PM

Jun 2008
It is getting annoying to see you guys fight over the same things in every Umineko discussion thread.
Dec 24, 2009 2:45 PM

Apr 2008
LOL we're hounding the viewers?! Ahaha.wav Not really. If anything we're hounding Deen and how they did things.

No no no so far the anime viewers have shown far more agressive actions towards us. Name calling for one among other things. crybabies VNfags and the list can go on and on. So please get your facts straight before saying how we hound the anime only viewers. That only happens when they attack us first via some of the means I have just mentioned.

I'm done now
Dec 24, 2009 2:49 PM

Jul 2009
PsychFreak said:
One theory that came to many people's mind was Rosa. Didn't we see Rosa in the chapel during the time everyone witnessed Beatrice? This is why Rosa really seems suspicious in this very arc alone and she could be applied as the culprit using the very theory you just used.
I didnt write it explicitly, but what I tried to point out was, that theres only one person who could have done all of those 5 closed rooms in EP2. And it can only be Rosa (with aid from Genji and Shannon)

Cenedess said:
toratiger said:

This, honestly. I've sat through 26 episodes of something I understand only partly, and I don't know why o.o I thought it was only me being stupid (which probably is true anyway), but I see I'm not alone in my 'WHAT.'
The anime gives less explanation/speculations than in VN, but it is still perfectly understandable, though only if you think that is~
Dec 24, 2009 2:50 PM

Aug 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Animefan1929 said:
Denwa said:

Anime battler was fine TO YOU. overall most anime people either can't stand him or don't give a crap about him. Some tolerate/support him only cause he's the supposed hero who will defeat big bad Beato.(which is a another huge misinterpretation)

hirahira said:
It is getting annoying to see you guys fight over the same things in every Umineko discussion thread.

It's also annoying for VN fans to complain in every episode discussion for the past 26 weeks.
Dec 24, 2009 2:54 PM

Apr 2008
LOL I like how you are rebutting someone trying to settle this building conflict peacefully. Very pro very pro
Dec 24, 2009 2:57 PM
Nov 2009
vinesage said:
The anime gives less explanation/speculations than in VN, but it is still perfectly understandable, though only if you think that is~

We got to see a few different scenarios of people on the island getting murdered. A witch and the main character fighting over whether they are done by magic or not. If magic does not exist, how are those scenes repeated? And how was Battler able to teleport etc. Basically I am saying we got a bunch of questions thrown at us yet the ending of the season was not able to provide the answer.
Dec 24, 2009 3:01 PM
Jul 2008
I haven't read the VN. I marathoned the anime and found it to be a very entertaining show.

I guess however, that my enjoyment was quite different from those who read the VN, sicne I found Umineko to be a hilarious, gorey, "lol wat" anime, while the VN readers were really attached to the supposedly well-built characters when they played the sound novel.

I'll try reading it and I hope my enjoyment won't be ruined since I've been previously spoiled by the anime, and for sure I'll take the next games as soon they're translated before a new season comes out (if it does).
Dec 24, 2009 3:14 PM

Oct 2009
........ i'm so confused
Dec 24, 2009 3:15 PM

May 2009
Well it's finally over, I have to say I feel a little bit mfff. I have only read a couple scenes to the VN so I can't say I am comparing the two. Though for some reason I feel sort of a lack of tension from a final episode. The voice acting seemed sort of lifeless and I guess flat. The animation as well. I actually felt a lot more last episode than this episode. I think I will go and look to find me some copies of the VN now because the back ground music is nice (has listened to some on youtube and loves it <3)
Still pretty good will probably give it a 9 or 8.
Dec 24, 2009 3:17 PM
Jul 2009
dioptase said:
I can't believe that the fan made end was better than DEEN's work.
For the anime-only viewers, watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo&fmt=18

The ??? tea party, revealing the true colors of Bern and Lamdbadelta :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH_0bX7eWAU

Also Dreamenddischarger, for good measure : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODC6kDfy2fQ

Certainly, that ending is much more emotional than the anime one. XD

Still, I really liked the anime so I give it 8/10. ^_^

BTW, I haven't played the visual novel, thus explaining the high score I gave it. LOL XD
Dec 24, 2009 3:22 PM

May 2009
I liked this anime a lot the first few episodes, until it started to get more and more random and weird. It ended with me not caring for the characters or the plot or WTF is going on.
It was still quite enjoyable and fun to watch though.
Dec 24, 2009 3:25 PM
Aug 2009
+----------+
| PLEASE . |
| DO NOT .|
| FEED THE|
| TROLLS .|
+----------+
. . . | |
. . . | |
. . . |.||/..
Dec 24, 2009 3:28 PM

Jul 2009
toratiger said:
We got to see a few different scenarios of people on the island getting murdered. A witch and the main character fighting over whether they are done by magic or not. If magic does not exist, how are those scenes repeated? And how was Battler able to teleport etc. Basically I am saying we got a bunch of questions thrown at us yet the ending of the season was not able to provide the answer.
I think thats some questions being asked over and over again, as I said, you have to think for yourself. I watched the anime only first myself, I didnt see any great problem with those~

Just in case, let me quote June_1983 from AniSuki....(I just happen to have read it anyway)
June 1983 said:
...they are not being revived. Each game takes place in a different world or "game board". The events of each game are final and time proceeds on after that weekend in October even though we don't see it. Meta!Battler is just a ghost of Battler from the first game.

And, though it's already been said many times in discussion threads and this thread ... I'll say it again ... magic in the real world is not the same thing as magic in the meta!world/purgatory. A person can believe in the afterlife while not believing in vampires, for example. That's what Battler's position essentially is. His job is not to deny the existence of all magic, but to reveal that Beatrice's magical explanations of the events on Rokkenjima as being a sham.

Julio-sama said:
Certainly, that ending is much more emotional than the anime one. XD
Still, I really liked the anime so I give it 8/10. ^_^
BTW, I haven't played the visual novel, thus explaining the high score I gave it. LOL XD
I am reading VN and I give the anime 10/10, no one can tell me different~
Dec 24, 2009 3:33 PM
Nov 2009
none of the things you quoted have been mentioned/explained in the anime, which is why i say its confusing. its pretty much like higurashi, until you watch the answer arc, you have no idea wtf is going on.
Dec 24, 2009 3:35 PM
Jan 2009
Im sick of the VN readers, bitching on this series, its an adaptation for christ sake, it doesn't need to stay completely true to the games. I played the first game and thought the anime was a great adaptation for the first arc and for the rest of the series I still loved it and would give it a 10.
Dec 24, 2009 3:35 PM

Jun 2008
here's the "most suspicious" poll for EP4

http://when-they-cry.net/Cgi/vote/umi_doub4/kekka.htm

Kyrie should be higher
Dec 24, 2009 3:37 PM

Apr 2008
WTH? Kanon is second? How did that happen @,@
Dec 24, 2009 3:43 PM

Aug 2009
necrojesta said:
Im sick of the VN readers, bitching on this series, its an adaptation for christ sake, it doesn't need to stay completely true to the games. I played the first game and thought the anime was a great adaptation for the first arc and for the rest of the series I still loved it and would give it a 10.

^ this.
Dec 24, 2009 3:44 PM

Jan 2009

Lol and Battler has been confirmed innocent already. (at least in terms of going around killing people)
Dec 24, 2009 3:46 PM

Jun 2008
Darklight0303 said:
WTH? Kanon is second? How did that happen @,@

Well, he is really suspicious and Battler has never seen Kanon's dead body. And Beatrice said that no one killed Kanon in EP1 so it's possible that he didn't die in EP1.
Dec 24, 2009 3:48 PM

Apr 2008
Hmm fair enough

LOL I see even Sakutaro is on there XDDDDD
Dec 24, 2009 3:48 PM

Aug 2009
http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Text

Judging by the previous red text, Kanon should be number 1. Battler should not even be in the list.
Dec 24, 2009 4:06 PM
Mar 2009
Kanon seems the most suspicious for the first arc. He did not die in an accident, his death was not a homicide nor a suicide. That must mean he didn't die at all, and I can use him as the culprit for all murders throughout EP1, with Nanjo as an accomplice.

Rosa is most suspicious for the second arc. Vinesage has already brought the point to the table, she was seen in the chapel, she controlled all master keys. I think she may have had an accomplice to go along with her, especially the part where Gohda, Shannon, and George died.

Eva is most suspicious for the third arc, although I think someone else had something to do with it. Like Battler said, for Nanjo's death, someone could have skillyfully played dead before their death was confirmed by the red text. Remember after Rudolf, Kyrie, and Hideyoshi died, Ronove refused to repeat their deaths in red to Battler? One of them must have played dead.

Kyrie seems most suspicious for the fourth arc. Her phone call to Battler just seemed too suspicious, she was really trying to get Battler to believe in witches and such. I believe Jessica did the same, but I refuse to believe in the Jessitrice theory no matter what.
Dec 24, 2009 4:14 PM

Apr 2009
*sigh at arrogance*

I would continue, but its Christmas day. (well, in the UK it is anyway)

So while I stand by my point about the conduct of SOME (not all) of the VN readers (in not just this ep discussion), I'll let it go. Afterall, Christmas is a time of joy and happiness. Unless your name is Simon Cowell (check the UK music charts).
Dec 24, 2009 4:40 PM
Aug 2009
Animefan1929 said:
http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Text

Judging by the previous red text, Kanon should be number 1. Battler should not even be in the list.

I don't see anything from EP 2/3/4 that would discount Battler being the culprit? He did seem like a popular choice at about the time EP4 came out.
Dec 24, 2009 4:43 PM

Jul 2008
hirahira said:
here's the "most suspicious" poll for EP4

http://when-they-cry.net/Cgi/vote/umi_doub4/kekka.htm

Kyrie should be higher

You're right. She should be, and Battler doesn't even make sense.

lol Siesta 556 is on there.
Dec 24, 2009 4:47 PM

Jun 2008
Maybe some of the people who voted for Battler weren't serious. The mackerel won the EP2 suspicion poll.

http://when-they-cry.net/Cgi/vote/umi_doub2/kekka.htm
Dec 24, 2009 4:53 PM
Nov 2008
*brain stopped functioning*

Although I am confused [ no ,i haven't read the VN ] i liked it and am curios about the explanations [ THOROUGHLY, cause they left us with a lot of holes ]

On the other hand :

for 26 goddamn episodes I've been reading and watching you people argue and criticize this series , culminating with a BOMB ARGUMENT WITH THOUSANDS OF YOU TUBE LINKS AND THINGS THAT PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T READ THE VN CAN'T UNDERSTAND....and it made me sick.I don't know what DEEN did or didn't......but you guys are pathetic .
It's like it's a total CATASTROPHE JESUS CHRIST FORBID...that DEEN DIDN'T animate the vn's EXACTLY like they are....that was the impression that was left after some of the users on these umineko topics...and if it trully is for you guys a CATASTROPHE...then..sorry to say.....something is definitely wrong with you guys.
Anime is adaptation......
thank God this series is over cause i couldn't stand one more episode reading some of the users's comments here..[ but strangely ,call me masochist , it amused me to see some of you fighting so hard to prove that the vn's are better....ok..WE BELIEVE YOU...happy now !? ]
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 7, 2009

237 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 4, 2023 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.