Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2009 2:06 PM

Aug 2009
She couldn't have denied anything if Batler said " For some particular reason..." for almost everything he said in blue. It already lacked info which is why they added that last C part scene in the end.
[right]

Dec 23, 2009 2:14 PM

Jun 2008
PsychFreak said:
It was used in a more metaphorical sense in the VN. It never explicity stated that we were to be shown that.

Actually, that probably is what happened because

Spoilers for Chiru prologue
Dec 23, 2009 2:19 PM

Nov 2008
Darklight0303 said:
Metaphorical or not it's still better than Ange's sudden period problems followed by her ghostlike disappearance

@hira Bern is a bit of a bitch :x

I would have to agree to that.. Though it seems like someone took over for Kon in directing this episode as it was from at least an anime-only viewers POV worth a watch.. where as most of this series .. was very much sub par. I still prefer the VN's but meh I suppose all I can see is at least they kept the blue truths :P

Oh dioptase that is hilarious btw lol
Dec 23, 2009 2:34 PM
Mar 2009
hirahira said:
PsychFreak said:
It was used in a more metaphorical sense in the VN. It never explicity stated that we were to be shown that.

Actually, that probably is what happened because

Spoilers for Chiru prologue

Yeah, I know all about that, thanks to spoilers obviously, but my point still stands that we weren't suppose to be shown that yet.
Dec 23, 2009 3:03 PM

Jul 2008
francismeunier said:
Bernkastel has a cat tail?

Yeah she always had a tail.

dioptase said:

XD
Dec 23, 2009 3:54 PM

Oct 2009
francismeunier said:
Ok boys and girls time for the serious discussion of this. The first half got me scared.....Ange what in the world happened to her being all bloodied (highly disturbing and very sad....especially with all that blood/tears)
...don't tell it's because she broke some rules. I do admit Ange's magic of bringing Sakutaro sure screwed over Beatrice by having Maria leave the world where she was in. Ange....T_T why?

The rule that Ange broke was that she revealed who she really was to Battler. That's why she called herself "Gretel" because she wasn't allowed to tell him she was Ange. When she did, she ... paid the price.
Dec 23, 2009 4:29 PM

Sep 2008
Such a touching ending.
Bern/Lambda yuri would of been nice.
1000th post :x
Dec 23, 2009 4:42 PM
Mar 2008
sirwence said:
@hira Bern is a bit of a bitch :x

A "bit" is quite the understatement. Between the EP4 ???? and the Witches' Tanabata, I don't know which one made me rage harder at Bern.
Dec 23, 2009 4:46 PM

Sep 2007
-Rushed
-Ange death was stupid
-No detective Battler part
-Yu-Gi-OH dragon
-no discode
-Horrible Ura tea party

What a nice piece of shit. The fucking fanmade version of this episode was better.
2/10. Would rage again.
Dec 23, 2009 5:28 PM

Dec 2008
I don't get the point of Ange bleeding if she was just going to fade away anyway.
I also don't get the point of rearranging dreamenddischarger if they weren't going to use it.
Or why they even bother animating the ???? if they were going to cut out Lambda's red.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate this episode. I'm glad that they DID animate the ???? and I rewatched it because I enjoyed it.
But I still wonder... why did they not include the red or include dreamenddischarger? Goldenslaughter was entirely out of place for that scene... for me anyway.
Dec 23, 2009 5:35 PM

Dec 2009
Probably they didn't include the scenes you people wanted because the duration is 23 mins, and this is the last episode.
Dec 23, 2009 5:37 PM

Jul 2008
Feka said:

2/10. Would rage again.

Do you think you would have rated it higher if you had never read the VNs?
~

I wish they would have included the troll faces for Bern and Lambda...its not like it was a time constraint, they just chose to show them kicking their feet on the bed instead.

And in the VN, wasn't Ange reduced to like a pile of gore?
Dec 23, 2009 5:42 PM
Mar 2008
And yet, episode 25 waddled around more so than any other episode. DEEN should have known they were running out of time, but on went the brakes. Someone fails at directing.
Dec 23, 2009 5:44 PM
Mar 2009
Rail_Tracer said:
Probably they didn't include the scenes you people wanted because the duration is 23 mins, and this is the last episode.

The only scene DEEN cut was Battler investigating the bodies and not many peope are complaining about that. Most are complaining about the lack of proper BGM, messed up characterizations, and lack of red text in this episode. They also cut things that could have easily been kept like Battler saying "My Golden Witch, Beatrice" and Bern's troll face, so it's not really a time constraint issue here.

But more than anything, everything DEEN has done with this anime has lacked life, impact and good pacing.

Overall, I thought they did okay, but it just didn't live up to it's VN counterpart due to these problems.
HaiShangDec 23, 2009 5:50 PM
Dec 23, 2009 5:44 PM

Nov 2007
Exceeded my low expectations for this episode. I enjoyed this finale. However, just a minor nitpick that bothered me immensely: Goldenslaughterer. Goldenslaughterer?! I've never wanted to deck their music director at all till now. I mean sure they've made some questionable music choices in the past, but this one is just stupid. We're finally given a version of gs that's longer than a minute, but at the price of dreamenddischarger. W-T-F is it doing in the ost then?

Okay, that aside, it was good considering the odd pacing. I'm satisfied. The ???? was done nicely, but didn't convey that Bern is a bitch too well. They could've given us their troll faces right at the end. That was something I've been wanting to see for quite a while.
KantarouDec 23, 2009 5:48 PM
Dec 23, 2009 6:12 PM
Aug 2008
weeeeeeeelll.....idk...
i still don't know why battler couldn't say that asumu was his mother in ep25...?
could someone explain?
Dec 23, 2009 6:37 PM
Mar 2009
Because she's not.

Ushiromiya Battler is Ushiromiya Asumu's son.

The Ushiromiya Battler we all know and love is not Ushiromiya Asumu's son.

What does that tell us?
Dec 23, 2009 6:39 PM

Nov 2008
That he isnt Asumu's son heh [ and likely Kyries >.> (imo) ]
Dec 23, 2009 6:52 PM

Jul 2008
PlatinumHawke said:
And yet, episode 25 waddled around more so than any other episode. DEEN should have known they were running out of time, but on went the brakes. Someone fails at directing.

Chiaki Kon lol

She did Higurashi and Higurashi Kai, though. Maybe she is hit and miss?
Dec 23, 2009 7:35 PM

Jul 2009
This final isn't bad from my point of view, it is a bit rushed so some of Battler's blue might not be easy to understand at first, but its not like hes making some specular theories anyway~

So almost nothing regarding the murder was confirmed, but oh well, the 4th game isnt really that important in solving the murder anyway. I think the 2nd game is after all the most important one with all the locked doors, that should be the easiest one to get correctly solved as well.

Overall i dont think the anime has done a bad job. I've read 3 EPs of the VN so far. I still cant find any significant difference except the characters, and most of the left out red truth isnt really anything crucial. Even though Beatrice is really fun in vn, but you dont hear her speak, i find that one huge point the vn can never make up with, which is why I think the anime shouldnt be left out in any case~
Dec 23, 2009 7:42 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I enjoyed most of the episodes so I'm thinking either an 8 or a 9.

Dec 23, 2009 7:42 PM

Dec 2009
I'm probably the only person in this entire thread (scratch that, probably board) that thinks DEEN did a decent job with the series and wants them to animate Chiru.

Am I?
Dec 23, 2009 7:45 PM

Jun 2008
vinesage said:
This final isn't bad from my point of view, it is a bit rushed so some of Battler's blue might not be easy to understand at first, but its not like hes making some specular theories anyway~

So almost nothing regarding the murder was confirmed

There was a lot of red missing from this episode.

You can see what was missing here: http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Text

Just don't get spoiled for EP5

Someone should post the TIPs too so we can see what happened to the bodies this time.
Dec 23, 2009 7:50 PM

Dec 2009
Dec 23, 2009 7:51 PM

Oct 2009
Rail_Tracer said:

Don't ask questions like that if you don't want to be spoiled for Chiru. XD
Dec 23, 2009 7:54 PM

Dec 2009
June_1983 said:
Rail_Tracer said:

Don't ask questions like that if you don't want to be spoiled for Chiru. XD

Since chiru won't get animated till around 2011 (It might not get animated at all) I don't mind getting spoiled. I might even start reading the Chiru VN.
Dec 23, 2009 7:57 PM

Jun 2008
I answered the question on your profile. Don't ask for Chiru spoilers in this thread. You could accidently spoil the VN players too since not all of them know what happens in Chiru.
Dec 23, 2009 8:18 PM

Jan 2009
Rail_Tracer said:
I'm probably the only person in this entire thread (scratch that, probably board) that thinks DEEN did a decent job with the series and wants them to animate Chiru.

Am I?

No. I think they did ok. I certainly enjoyed the anime, and enjoyed it MORE by reading the VN.

It's more of a self fulfilling prophecy at this point. For example, people WANTED the fanmade animation to be better than the DEEN version, and so, lo and behold, it now IS better for them. While other would recognize both are flawed (choppy animation, schewing the mood to the shipping side in the fanmade one, Battler acting like his usual anime MIND OF STEEL asshole persona on the DEEN one), or prefer the DEEN one.
Dec 23, 2009 8:24 PM
Jul 2009
GarLogan78 said:
PlatinumHawke said:

Chiaki Kon lol

She only did Kai, which had some major direction issues, too imo (mostly the same issues with less important scenes being overstretched). However because the solution presented in the original was so interesting and fulfilling and because there was a lot less action in general in those arcs it turned out better as an anime than Umineko did. Higurashi as a whole was probably just about as good/bad of an adaptation as Umineko, if not worse, though, because there were major themes in the story that just kind of got ignored. Still I'd say both seasons of Higurashi were better standalone than Umineko was :/.

Geez, they not only had to fail the adaptation but they had to fail it so that it wasn't good on its own, either :/. And the seiyuus did such a good job, too.
Dec 23, 2009 8:38 PM
Dec 2008
fucking chiaki kon.

if chiru is animated, hopefully its kyoani, shaft or some other decent studio
Dec 23, 2009 8:41 PM

Nov 2008
ameskitty said:
GarLogan78 said:
PlatinumHawke said:

Chiaki Kon lol

She only did Kai, which had some major direction issues, too imo (mostly the same issues with less important scenes being overstretched). However because the solution presented in the original was so interesting and fulfilling and because there was a lot less action in general in those arcs it turned out better as an anime than Umineko did. Higurashi as a whole was probably just about as good/bad of an adaptation as Umineko, if not worse, though, because there were major themes in the story that just kind of got ignored. Still I'd say both seasons of Higurashi were better standalone than Umineko was :/.

Geez, they not only had to fail the adaptation but they had to fail it so that it wasn't good on its own, either :/. And the seiyuus did such a good job, too.

no she was the director for both as I recall
Dec 23, 2009 8:44 PM

Jun 2008
Here are the TIPs

Dec 23, 2009 9:03 PM
Dec 2008
what is this witch's tanabata thingy
Dec 23, 2009 9:05 PM

Jun 2008
kaena said:
what is this witch's tanabata thingy

It's an extra TIP. The videos for it were posted on the 3rd page. It's about Bern ruining Ange and Eva's relationship.
Dec 23, 2009 9:09 PM

Oct 2009
dioptase said:
That is terrible!
hirahira said:
francismeunier said:
Darklight0303 said:
Beatrice ain't dead you know >_>
What! My pics demand a better explanation.

So who is controlling her...let me guess Bernkastel and Lambdadelta?
Darklight0303 said:
To kill her Battler needs to solve the last mystery. Though in the novel it's implied that even with that Beato still has at least one more crushing move to use.

ALso you haven't watched the vids posted a few comments back have you?
No I have not seen the vids before. So then what does he solve...Kinzo? Only and the rest is vague?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 23, 2009 9:34 PM

Aug 2009
Yuuh said:
No hug, huh.

Damn you, DEEN D:

At least DEEN was able to pull it off... woot! DragonKinzo. Blue stakes were not that blue (was it even blue?). I like the stakes in the fanmade EP4, it was just so 'blue truth.' Animation was good, especially the beating.. The episode was quite good. Not that satisfying though..

Oh well... and so, it ends...
Yukari_HiwadaDec 23, 2009 11:27 PM
Dec 23, 2009 9:47 PM

Jun 2008
You should delete that post. I already answered his question.
Dec 23, 2009 9:49 PM

Oct 2008
hirahira said:
You should delete that post. I already answered his question.

Yes you're right. I got carried away.
Dec 23, 2009 10:17 PM

Apr 2008
francismeunier said:
dioptase said:
That is terrible!
hirahira said:
francismeunier said:
Darklight0303 said:
Beatrice ain't dead you know >_>
What! My pics demand a better explanation.

So who is controlling her...let me guess Bernkastel and Lambdadelta?[

No one's controlling her.
Dec 23, 2009 10:41 PM

Apr 2008
After searching Youtube I managed to find it. someone uploaded the VN version of that scene

Darklight0303Dec 23, 2009 11:17 PM
Dec 24, 2009 12:11 AM

Jul 2008
It looks like The Stake's Valentine and Beatrice's White Day are going to be in a Drama CD!

Apparently you have to buy Notes 1-6 to get it though.

And also, in the official Witch-Hunt translation thread, they said that the patch should be out before the comiket~
Gar_LoganDec 24, 2009 12:21 AM
Dec 24, 2009 12:13 AM

Apr 2008
OMFG FOR REAL??? Oh that will be such a treat XDDDDD

Edit: WOOOHOOO! Witchhunt RULES and no one can say otherwise!
Darklight0303Dec 24, 2009 12:27 AM
Dec 24, 2009 1:31 AM

May 2009
I'm disappointed by this episode. It was just plain ridiculous how they dragged a single scene on and on until it made an entire episode - Episode 25, and it wasn't even that important of a scene. And now that the important scene comes, it's plain ridiculous. They left out important bits, characterization and most of the texts, and added in other bits of useless things that have little or no contribution to the plot.

Umineko's anime is a horrible stand-alone. Yes, I watched the anime first, and I can finish until episode 18 without knowing even who Kyrie is. At least the Higurashi anime can stand on its own, which is probably why most anime-only watchers say Higurashi is superior to Umineko. In Umineko's anime, the plot, characterization and many other things are completely chipped. At least Higurashi kept the basic plot.

This episode had no impact on me whatsoever, unlike the VN. I'm pissed off by the fact that Battler and Beato both end up seeming like "Protagonist-VS-Antagonist-And-Protagonist-Wins-Yay" to the very end. I'm disappointed.
Dec 24, 2009 2:24 AM

Oct 2008
Kirroha said:
I'm pissed off by the fact that Battler and Beato both end up seeming like "Protagonist-VS-Antagonist-And-Protagonist-Wins-Yay" to the very end. I'm disappointed.

You pointed out a huge flaw in the anime: characterization.
Lambdadelta (anime version) looks like a harmless and useless moeblob when she is supposed to be frightening. Remember the end of EP3 with mirage coordinator playing? So yeah…
Meta-Battler is always serious in the anime whereas he fools around quite a lot in the VN. Also, Battler has tons of “sympathy for the Devil” moments towards Beato and yet DEEN decided to cut every scene related to Battler liking Beatrice (which may you wonder why he fell into Beato’s trap in the third arc of the anime.)
Beatrice suffers the same mischaracterization. In this regard, I almost wish that DEEN will animate Chiru, just for fun and giggles, and see how the hell they can explain that
Dec 24, 2009 3:02 AM

Feb 2008
Very disappointing, but I didn't expect any better. If they make a Chiru anime in a few years, I can safely say that I will not be watching it. At least the episode 5 translation will fix my opinion of the series.

Gets a 4/10 from me.
Dec 24, 2009 3:48 AM

Aug 2009
kaena said:
fucking chiaki kon.

if chiru is animated, hopefully its kyoani, shaft or some other decent studio

SHAFT? Are you kidding? They are the worst animation studio EVER.

And I'm probably the only one on this forum that rated Umineko higher than a 6? =.=
Dec 24, 2009 3:51 AM

Jun 2007
Now that episode 26 is subbed. I'll post all the red truth said in the VN for this part.

There's a truck load of it.

A world where magic that isn't mine certainly cannot exist
This is my Golden Land
A world where magic that isn't mine certainly cannot exist
[And my] magic was not able to revive Sakutarou
That stuffed animal is a special stuffed animal
Made by Rosa for her daughter's birthday, and in the entire world, the only[,]

Ushiromiya Battler is not Ushiromiya Asumu's son.
Battler is not Asumu's son
No one except Kinzo's grandson Battler is qualified to be an opponent

Ange is, ......my little sister
You can't trust anything, you can't trust any words that aren't red...!!
(said by Battler)

Don't leave me all alone!!!
It's me, it's Ange...!!
Dad and Mom and Onii-chan...no one comes home!!
I'm lonely!!
I beg you, come home quickly!
That's right, I'm Ange!!
The Ushiromiya Ange of a world where no one comes home...!!
.........My entire family...never came home from Rokkenjima that day...!!
The witch before your eyes stole away my whole family, even you, Onii-chan...!
.........Only you can finish her, Onii-chan!!
Finish her...!!
Then, take your family back!!
And then, .........come home to me......!!!

A long segment was cut where Piece Battler wanders around the next day finding the corpses of everyone except Kanon's. Kanon's body fell into the well and the well was sealed shit when Battler found it. Battler couldn't open it no matter what he tried.

So it's said in red that Kanon is dead
Among the five people in Kyrie's group, he was the first to die.
In short, he was the 9th victim.
- Game 4

All of the master keys were under Rosa's control! - Game 2

George did not go down the stairs of the guesthouse.
All windows and doors leading to the outside were locked from the inside.
Furthermore, it is impossible to lock any of those from outside!
- Game 3

All of those who met at the family conference recognized the existence of Kinzo!
No person would mistake Ushiromiya Kinzo by sight.
No matter what the disguise, they would not mistake Ushiromiya Kinzo!
- Game 4

Kinzo's life or death status is the same at the start of each of the 4 games.
The setup was not different for the fourth game alone...!
Kinzo is already dead at the starting time for all games!
Before now, I have proclaimed that no more than 18 humans exist on this island.
I will lower that by one for Kinzo!!
No more than 17 humans exist on this island!!
That excludes any 18th person.
In short, this 18th person X does not exist!!
This applies to all games!!!

Both were killed by another person!
It is not the case that, after the construction of the closed room, one of them committed suicide after committing murder!
Furthermore, the murder was carried out with both the victim and the perpetrator in the same room!
No method exists for the perpetrator to commit murder from outside the room!
- Second Twilight of Game 1

]All of the survivors have alibis!Let us include the dead as well!!
In short, no kind of human or dead person on the island could have killed Kanon!
Kanon did not commit suicide
- Fifth Twilight of Game 1

Maria, who was in the same room, did not kill them!
And of course, the three were killed by other people!
Regarding the unidentified corpses, all of their identities are guaranteed. Therefore, no body double tricks exist!
- Sixth, Seventh and Eight Twilights of Game 1

Natsuhi was killed by another person!
There are no unidentified corpses, and all of the survivors have alibis!
The bullet buried into Natsuhi's forehead was not fired from Natsuhi's gun!
- End of Game 1

Starting when Maria's key was received, and until the instant Rosa unsealed it the next day, it passed through no one's hands!!
No door with an auto-lock exists other than Kinzo's study!
The six people were already dead by the time they were discovered!
All were killed by other people!
All six were genuine victims, and did not take part in a mutual murder!
There was no simultaneous murder!!
There was no one hiding in the chapel.
By this, a shut-in murder like you say does not work!
- First Twilight of Game 2

They definitely would not mistake any different person for Kanon!
- Fourth,
Fifth and Sixth Twilight of Game 2

All five master keys were discovered, each in the pocket of one of the servants!
The individual keys were found inside envelopes alongside the corpses!
In short, all keys related to the linked closed rooms were locked inside the linked closed rooms!!
The keys cannot be returned from outside the room using the crack of the door, the crack of the window, vents, or any place of the sort!!
All of them had wounds resembling gunshot wounds which became fatal!
It is impossible for the murder to have taken place outside the room!!
I shall say more with the red! When the five other than Kinzo were murdered, the murderer was definitely in the same room!
I already proclaimed in red at the time that there were no suicides!!
- First Twilight of Game 3

Ushiromiya Battler. I will now... kill you.
And right now, there is no one other than you on this island.
The only one alive on this island is you.
Nothing outside the island can interfere.
You are all alone on this island.
And of course, I am not you.
Yet I am here, now, and will kill you.
- End of Game 4

Kanon did not die in an accident!
- Used by Lambda at the very end. Talking about the Fifth Twilight of Game 1

Genji, Kumasawa, and Nanjo are not murderers
- Used by Lambda at the very end. Talking about the Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Twilight of Game 1

]The thing that shot Natsuhi wasn't a trap, it was a real shooting murder with a gun raised and trigger pulled! Used by Lambda at the very end. Talking about Natsuhi's death at the end of Game 1

When the six were killed in the chapel, the culprit was inside the chapel! Used by Lambda at the very end. Talking about the First Twilight of Game 2

The only one who can claim Kanon's name is the person himself!
A different person cannot claim his name!
Used by Lambda at the very end. Talking about the Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Twilight of Game 2

After the master keys came into Rosa's control, never did any of them leave her hands!
Except for the time when she lent it to Battler to unlock Natsuhi's room.
- Used by Lambda at the very end. Talking about Game 2
LunarEmeraldDec 24, 2009 4:01 AM
Dec 24, 2009 3:56 AM

Feb 2009
So...can someone,please explain what realy happened in the end?Or it's not realy sure?
Is there gonna be second season or something?Or i just didn't understand anything :s
Do witches exist or not? I feel realy stuped right now...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 24, 2009 4:06 AM

Jun 2007
ChaosLegion said:
So...can someone,please explain what realy happened in the end?Or it's not realy sure?
Is there gonna be second season or something?Or i just didn't understand anything :s
Do witches exist or not? I feel realy stuped right now...

Ange being killed made Battler enraged and attacked Beatrice with everything he could think of, no matter how ridiculous the argument. Beatrice didn't really fight back and let herself be nearly killed. When she presented him the final mystery, Battler didn't solve it so things aren't over.

The series is only half finished. That was the end of EP4. There will be 7 or 8 EPs. EP5's translation will be out soon and EP6 will be released this upcoming comiket. Unless the poor DVD sales deter DEEN, there will definitely be a second season. But it probably won't be for another 2 years. They have to wait for more games to come out.
LunarEmeraldDec 24, 2009 4:10 AM
Dec 24, 2009 4:36 AM
Aug 2009
I think the final number of episodes depends on how fast Umineko fans will solve the mystery.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 7, 2009

237 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 4, 2023 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.