Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jan 21, 2018 5:29 AM
Jun 2017
Surprising amount of hate here, the ending was a bit surprising but the more I think about it, it was actually quite good. It justified why Kakkeru's eye was special, why he dreamed of getting killed in the first episode and other stuff. The alternate universe thing seems like a cope out but it was actually hinted at a few times previously. It kinda cheapens the deaths in the series till you realize they're still dead in Yuka's universe. T_T
Mar 25, 2018 7:25 AM
Mar 2018
Man, that anime was such a failure...

Considering that they had solid VN, which really was nice and explained everything pretty decently... Producers of this show must be fired, absolutely garbage like fanservice, plot bucthered into unrecognisable, unrelateful mix of scenes from VN and pure nonsense.
Latter episodes were not making much sense, it looked like producing staff themselves didn't understand much either.
12th episode is full of nonsense. Even if we assume they went with differing reality from VN, they simply don't bother explaining it. First thing messed up reality dimension stuff, and if even they tried to explain it they horribly failed at it.

Terrible final battle when supposedely 814 years old witch get wrecked by bunch of school students with no previous battle experience(except Shiori and Misuzu).

Happy ending, of course, with all revolving problem regarding Yuka mysteriously disappearing

But is not worst that they did.

Horrible, dreadful character develoment.

Out of original 6 main charachter, none of them were developed, leaving only bunch of stereotypes. Lost personalities of Black Knights, even reasons why they attacked party were unexplained.

Kakeru. He stays emo whole show never really participating in conversations between heroes.
Yuka. No comments here.
Kukuri. Possibly stayed most blandest of the cast. And it is considiring she is most important character in VN.
Takahisa. Background not detaled. His life barely scratched. His persona unexplored.
Yukiko. No comprehenseble backstory. Guys don't even normally question her past staying wholly unintersted. I mean she was interesting charecter but they even don't explain it.
Spoiler.

In VN she was child-soldier in Wallcahia, recruited from orphanage and sent to minefields by military group to clear them only to get blown up, but Liselotte's power prevents her from dying, so she
constantly repeats that process. She manages to make friends and lives for them, not for their Motherland, but for "Our future and our tomorrow". But loses them and becomes killing machine drowned in bloodlust. Absolutely amoral, disgusting, but horrifingly true. The world is cruel place with much unfairness. yet she prevailed and picked herself up.

And here we come to the main villain, Liselotte Wreckmeister. Immense potential lost to plain dumbness of plot. How COULD they explain absolutely nothing about her?! I mean she is totally evil but is hard not to simpathatise with her.
They literally could have showed her reasons for destoying the world, not for just Lulz.
Her past is horrible.
Spoiler.

Don't know much about her childhood, only some dippets and her agarophobia. But they coulld have mentioned sack of her town, Beziers, how she ran to church when her town was burning, her kin being killed, raped and slaughtered, begged God to kill her just not witness it, have her wish apperantly granted, only to be spared and put through literal hell on earth.

WARNING: detailed violence.

It wasn't neccessary to show things they had done to her like tying her to chains, cutting her tendons and voice chords, constant rape that she had to go through for MOUNTHS. Her body being destroyed by cuts, bruises, wounds and maggots, worms feasting on her body(she called her womb - house of rot) and then being trown out of the cart like sack of flesh and blood because of numerious infections. Laying their on the road prone to heat ,rapidly decomposing, managing to see countless travelers inspecting her but not offering her any help, her crawling to nearest tree shade with her last bits of strentgh and awaiting blissfull death(I apologize for such grafic image, I think I needed to get it out of my mind. I was horrified because that was not so uncommon in middle ages, hell even to this days sex trafficing exist and to think people going through so much suffering, despair...VN gives us much more then anime. It shoudn't have been on show, to traumatizing for audience but her thoughts on it should have been there.)

She was staunch believer in God even though it was not Catholicism(hence why Crusade happened), but Catharism, important things here how she changed, her beliefs challenged and crushed, refused to believe in this cruel, heartless world full of hate and meaningless violence, how she was approched at her weakest by Michael Maxmillian(Devil?) and got tricked into accepting stone of Cliphoth, abondoning all her values and notions, becoming in the future dreaded, loathed Witch of Babylon. And here I am partly wrong, because she does believe in God until the very end.

Then with her immortal body, she saw violence all over again.(Offhanded mentions of how she burnt on stake countless of times or how many wars were there in Europe during 1209-1945.) Could not die despite how she wished so.

Meeting with Vlad(will not use Velard because it doesn't make sense since it happens in Wallachia and not in Japan), listening to his dream of breaking karmic cicle of hate, death and life(it is not Naruto,is it? I would have liked to see some crossovers fics there, Liselotte after all perfectl fit to archetype of Naruto villains).
and deciding to accomplish it no matter what after his death. She was already crazy but then she became even more crazy and if I remeber correctly Index framed her for killing Vlad.
Anime could have expanded a LOT on her, she is absolutely awesome at being evil. She constantly at the war with whole world, in VN she organises French, Russian Revolutions, involved in starting Second World War, mentioned to be master of manipulation (she had Himmler in her pocket and resources of SS through him), superior batlle tactics, easily reads people because of her sheer experience,and countless magical abilities and already mentioned immortality. She is OP and could be defeated only through words.

i think it is clear who is my favorite character is...

Oh my, I got carried away, it already reminds me of small analysis so to wrap it up.

In the end anime left only sense of bitter dissapointment and ruined hopes. It doesn't do VN justice. Anime doesn't care about anything, doesn't leave us a message as VN does. Message in VN roughly: world is cruel and unfair, but THEIR ALWAYS something worth living for.
TerraP_24Mar 25, 2018 3:07 PM
Oct 12, 2018 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
I actually liked it. I'll go read the VN and hope the inconsistencies and overall mess makes more sense in the VN. I'm sure it does.

Lisette is my wife btw
Jan 3, 2020 1:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Average end to this average anime.
Jul 10, 2020 6:58 AM

May 2018
Lol episode 11 was all a precognition. The alternate world ending is also stupid. Yuka became way too annoying after she went half yandere half retarded mode.
Dec 24, 2020 9:28 PM

Sep 2020
Okay... first impression I had from this show was the following: "this has some potential". But, as the episodes keep going, I changed my thoughts and came to "this is like a draft for something big in the future".

Yes.
If you're a writer, you are aware of manuscripts and other minor pieces that are only used for references or as a draft. To me, 11eyes seemed like a draft. It begins in the middle of something, there's no clear explanation of how the world works (at least I don't get it).

5/10.
Dec 27, 2020 1:03 AM

Mar 2018
niko_sb said:
Okay... first impression I had from this show was the following: "this has some potential". But, as the episodes keep going, I changed my thoughts and came to "this is like a draft for something big in the future".

Arguably it's a teaser for the visual novel. :D (Albeit not a great teaser.)
Mar 29, 2021 7:30 AM
Dec 2018
So so. Not the worst show that I have seen.

Can only comment on the anime, but whoever made this needs their head tested. Kakeru must be a fool to prefer Yuka, over the person who trained him and watched over him the whole time while Yuka went insane. She was even big enough to not bring up the razor blade.

I understand that the VN has a better True ending, which is a relief because I can't see how anyone thought this ending was any good.
Apr 2, 2021 5:18 PM

Feb 2020
What a total sh show i found Ep 11 way Amazing and good than this ....
Having sexual intercourse with someone, to save someones life. That's a new NTR to my List Amazin
This anime is pretty fckd up for that reason alone, Feeling horni you gotta do what you gotta do
May 14, 2021 8:14 PM
May 2021
Laevantein said:
So there are 2 ending just like VN with multiple ending XD

Episode 11th is Misuzu's Ending where she have sex with Kakeru and everyone dead but you got sex scene, game over restart at the loading point XD

Episode 12th is Yuka's Ending where she back to normal again and they live in other world, meaning Misuzu is still a virgin :/

5/10

Oh there is OVA for this series? o_O

This is the most Bias post I've ever read. Your girl lost get over it.
Jun 4, 2021 1:27 PM

Jan 2021
1/10
The ending was such a disappointment
Jul 9, 2021 11:09 PM

Jan 2021
The ending of episode 11 where everyone started dropping like flies would have been a better ending to this train wreck of a show.

Also, The whole parallel worlds concept in this show used up every single one of by braincells and I still didn't understand it.

Mar 12, 2022 6:21 PM

Jun 2016
Huh, so episode 11 was nothing but one huge premonition akin to that of Final Destination... I can't even begin to explain how utterly frustrated and angry I am about this, and that was just the bloody start of the episode.

Kakeru going to kill himself is similar to what my remaining brain cells want to do. I fucking laughed at the kids singing in his flashback nap. Even in the old days, Yuka was obsessed with him. Maybe she really did want rid of him through neverending love...

Yuka is pink, Shiori is a doll, Kukuri, the non-Yuka one is Jesse Ventura, and Liselotte got sucked in the worst way possible. Some final stand anyway, I feel it didn't matter at all, sigh.

What can I say? Well, nothing at all. All I can do now is laugh it off, and you know what, I think I'll do just that. Ha, ha, ha, ha...

Feb 17, 2023 4:53 AM
Feb 2023
Taş gibi Hatun Varken Am yarmasına Aşık oluyor Kafasını Siktiğim
Jun 6, 2023 7:20 AM

Aug 2017
This mc and his stupid fixation for Yuka ruined it for me, like I get she was there for you in your hard moments, but it was getting annoying how everything was because for Yuka this, Yuka that. And whatever they were trying with those parrellel worlds, didn't really work for me. Maybe things are better explained in the vn since this felt rushed as fuck. Anyway while the show had potential unfortunaltely it ended up in a massive disappointment. Most characters didn't really feel developed to me either.
Oct 5, 2023 11:44 AM

Dec 2022
Feels like Epiosde 11 was wasted on an alternate ending vision when it could've been used to pace the events of this episode in a more digestable fashion.

This anime started off terribly, but gradually improved in enjoyability towards the last few episodes. It's still very rough, but it has its merits.

Shaded Horizon

Feb 18, 3:42 PM
Feb 2024
So glad I got this garbage over with. 2/10
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Dec 8, 2009

197 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 3:10 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 24, 2009

148 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 2:30 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Nov 17, 2009

182 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 2:17 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 10, 2009

110 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 12:38 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 3, 2009

109 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 12:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.