Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 12, 2015 7:02 PM

Feb 2014
Why didn't Rin die when Apos took out her Time Fruit?

I understand that Rin is an immortal, but Sayara (the crazy scientist lady in the beginning) was also an immortal, yet died immediately and turned into white goop after Apos took out her Time Fruit. Sayara turned into goop BEFORE Apos cracked open and ate her Time Fruit, too.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
May 17, 2016 5:38 PM
Feb 2015
yosimba2000 said:
Why didn't Rin die when Apos took out her Time Fruit?

I understand that Rin is an immortal, but Sayara (the crazy scientist lady in the beginning) was also an immortal, yet died immediately and turned into white goop after Apos took out her Time Fruit. Sayara turned into goop BEFORE Apos cracked open and ate her Time Fruit, too.

I think that once the time fruit is removed from a body, the person who had it dies (by turning to ash or whatever). Rin's time fruit was removed but not destroyed, so she could be regenerated/revived.
In episode 5 after Rin wakes up in the castle, when Laura was throwing Ihika's time fruit out the window, Laura was saying to Rin that "male/angel time fruits couldn't be revived"
May 17, 2016 5:39 PM
Feb 2015
In case I wasn't clear, Here's something from wikipedia:

At some point in the past, a "Fruit of Time" (also known as a "time fruit") entered Rin's body, effectively making her immortal, unable to age, and capable of surviving and regenerating from a phenomenal amount of bodily damage. In episode four, she is sucked inside a running jet engine and regenerates her entire body over 25 years, albeit at the cost of all her memories (they return when she is briefly killed by Laura). In episode five, Apos removes Rin's time fruit, seemingly killing her just like Sayara and Maeno before, but it is revealed in episode six that an immortal's death is not permanent as long as her time fruit remains intact. Rin's time fruit is then brought to Apos' castle, where its proximity to Yggdrasil, the fabled source of all time fruits, speeds up her revival, which would have normally taken many decades.

And here's the link to the wiki just in case you wanted it :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemosyne_(anime)
May 17, 2016 6:49 PM

Feb 2014
Ahh, thanks for that! It's already been half a year since I watched the anime, so I forgot most of the details, but it's still strange that Sayara, also an immortal, turned to white goop before Apos ate her time fruit, while Rin didn't.

Oh well, plot holes will be plot holes :)
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Apr 13, 2008

81 by BlueBullet178 »»
May 10, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Wasabi - Feb 9, 2008

130 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 22, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Mar 5, 2008

111 by Labracadabrador »»
Mar 7, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jul 20, 2008

141 by TeddaTheMan »»
Jan 21, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nseika - May 4, 2008

89 by greed2 »»
Jan 4, 9:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.