Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 25, 2013 11:40 PM

May 2013
So, basically I just went and read a synopsis of this episode before moving on because after hearing about it from others and watching the first couple minutes I knew I wouldn't be able to handle that unwelcome change to the entire feel of the show. I highly recommend a synopsis to get the story elements, but there is absolutely no reason to watch the actual episode. Very disappointed in their decision to go with such an awkward setting to give us backstory.
Dec 22, 2013 10:27 AM

Aug 2013
No idea what i just watched, but it wasn't Ergo Proxy.
My Candies:
Jan 3, 2014 6:22 AM

Feb 2011
This was as dumb as this series can get.
Jan 3, 2014 3:36 PM

Mar 2012
Reminded me of the first episode of Dance In The Vampire Bund
Jan 6, 2014 1:48 PM
Feb 2013
Well now we know there's 300 proxys running loose and Vincent is an idiot.
Feb 21, 2014 7:36 PM

Jul 2008
Ya I get it, it was suppose to be background and foreshadowing. But it was still a WTF episode, just like the last couple have been. Hopefully it'll pick up soon and there'll be some actual story.
Feb 24, 2014 12:24 PM

Sep 2013
Monoral - Kiri come and save me!! I really loved that transition! xD I had managed to get 4 or 5 questions right but was completely lost with the rest , Vince did a good job trying! I really found this episode interested and am curious in founding out just who Proxy one is..

Real Mayor <3
Mar 2, 2014 9:47 AM
Jun 2013
some nice background info of how the earth was beat up though it left more questions like what is the purpose of proxy project and how were the domes built and what happened to the space ship plan.
Mar 10, 2014 9:08 PM

Jan 2013
I'm loving this show more and more XD
The innovation here is off the charts. So, this is how you tell backstory info and keep it fuckin' entertaining!
Now, we know that Proxies were created for the survival of the human race. And also the awakening has begun, so the Proxy Project has to conclude. Does that mean all the Proxies will go out for an all out fight?
And, I have a hunch that Proxy One is Re-l. In the doppleganger episode, I remember how Pino said that there were two Re-l and two Vince. Maybe Re-l and Vince both are alike more than they think!
The plot will kick in the next episode I guess.
A very entertaining episode nonetheless.
4/5
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 8, 2014 6:50 AM

Mar 2014
What the hell just happened?
This episode was so out of place... why is it even here?
I'm so confused...
::End of Transmission::

Apr 13, 2014 2:36 PM
Jul 2012
Heh, I actually liked this episode as I am watching this right now. Episode is very funny and shocked that Vincent got the opening theme song. Now I like him even more!

Love this episode XD

10/5

irish_otaku13 said:
here is your supporters in sound proof glass!!!!lol

This haha! They seem to have a great time supporting Vincent.
LegendGoldDarkApr 13, 2014 2:44 PM
Apr 24, 2014 6:07 PM
Apr 2014
This ep is a very creative way of explaining the show for those that are very confused with what is going on so far and is very underrated. I mean it serves three purposes:
1. Lighten the show with a quick temporary change of mood and pace as a break from all those somewhat complex and dark eps so far
2. Provide important background info in a clear manner
3. And lastly advance the plot, for it is obvious to any viewer paying attention that this is connected to the main plot and something big is about to happen, like some new revelation
To merely call this ep a filler is to turn a blind eye to something ingenious and dismiss another facet of the ingenuity of this show.
Apr 24, 2014 7:05 PM
Aug 2012
anubis22 said:
This ep is a very creative way of explaining the show for those that are very confused with what is going on so far and is very underrated. I mean it serves three purposes:
1. Lighten the show with a quick temporary change of mood and pace as a break from all those somewhat complex and dark eps so far
2. Provide important background info in a clear manner
3. And lastly advance the plot, for it is obvious to any viewer paying attention that this is connected to the main plot and something big is about to happen, like some new revelation
To merely call this ep a filler is to turn a blind eye to something ingenious and dismiss another facet of the ingenuity of this show.

I wouldn't call it ingenious. Maybe filler. It's semi-creative info dumping. Not especially interesting or entertaining. Throughout the series, the writers seem hellbent on incorporating any and everything they deem to be highbrow. Sometimes, it feels like they are trying too hard. In this case, they went for a classic non sequitur. It's been done before and this version isn't funny and info dumps like crazy.
Apr 26, 2014 12:02 AM

Aug 2013
What the hell was that?! XD! "Who Wants To Be In Jeopardy?" LMAO!

What a fun way to do an info-dump episode. So humanity actually created 300 proxies and a huge spaceship is up in space somewhere.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 1, 2014 5:46 PM

Apr 2009
That really catches you off guard.

Not filler but really juxtaposed in it's style compared to the rest of the series, and for that it make it seem a bit jarring to me.
May 9, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2011
Well, I'm surprised with all these negative comments. Yep, this episode is totally bizarre, but calling it "unneccessary" and "filler".. c'mon, are you serious? It gives us so much important information.
Definetely one of my favorite Ergo Proxy episodes, I love its mysterious feel, and that change of setting is very refreshing.
May 9, 2014 8:37 PM

Nov 2013
Clearly they're trying to be creative, which I applaud, but breaking atmospheric continuity like this is not the way to do it.
May 21, 2014 3:47 PM

Oct 2013
Damn Vincent is so dumb.

May 27, 2014 7:53 PM

Oct 2013
I've enjoyed this series up to now, but this episode sucked. If there is one thing I hate. along with clowns, magicians, and acrobats; it's game shows.

The reveal of the evacuation ship, the number of proxy, and the unnatural nature of the remaining humans could have been handled in a more interesting fashion.

I found it painful to endure.
Jun 17, 2014 7:12 AM
Jul 2018
That was an useless episode..
Jun 17, 2014 11:23 AM

May 2008
If one thinks about it, the only other ways would be hearing from someone else and thus make it feel more like exposition or them reading about it. So, people would been complaining regardless, lol.

I think it's kinda nice they went for something different for the info dump than the usual "have someone read/explain it". Even if it was kinda wtf in the beginning.
Jul 22, 2014 2:33 AM

Feb 2013
They could've done a short of this at the start of the episode that covered the most crucial details and just made it around 5 minutes instead of the whole episode. After the 5 minutes, the opening would show up, and the actual show would continue. I just see this episode as a waste of the animation budget.
Jul 24, 2014 5:57 PM
Jul 2014
Why the fuck is this episode a thing?
Jul 24, 2014 6:29 PM

Feb 2013
Barrian14 said:

Once you finish the show you will see the vague relevance to the actual story, but I think they were just trying to be unique. However, it didn't fit the themes of the show at all and ended up just making it worse in my opinion, even after understanding its place.
Jul 26, 2014 4:47 AM

Jan 2013

These are my dragons. You can help raise them by clicking on them!
Aug 17, 2014 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
Lol what teh hell
Aug 27, 2014 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Just what the hell did I just watched?! I don't know how am I supposed to react to that.
Sep 1, 2014 12:48 PM
Apr 2013
What was that XD

It gave great background info though but haha that was so weird. This show is great although sometimes seems like it skips around.
Sep 19, 2014 12:45 AM

Jun 2014
Still top 5 material, but yeah. Bad episode.. Tsk Tsk.
Sep 25, 2014 5:50 AM

Jul 2014
just lol'ed after I watch this
very odd but unique method.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Nov 24, 2014 5:35 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah... I'm watching this subbed but I switched to the dub for this episode because there was no way I was gonna read a quiz show lol. I'll admit I hated the idea of the episode, and it really wasn't that entertaining or funny, but it did have some seemingly relevant information. I wish they would have gone about it another way to reveal all that to us, but it wasn't terrible
Dec 29, 2014 3:43 AM

Jun 2013
Okay.

Boring.

Next episode better be better.
Jan 16, 2015 2:57 AM

Sep 2014
I quite enjoyed this episode, it was amusing and gave a lot of good information about the history of their world (in the form of questions and answers).

Q, Q, Q!
Mirai, zura~!
Jan 19, 2015 9:40 PM
Feb 2014
so the game show guy was supposed to be one of these dream-invading proxies or what?
Feb 20, 2015 9:50 AM

Jan 2012
I was expecting a mindfuck like one from shutter island where Vincent would wake up suddenly...

nothing happened...

The next episode continued like it didn't happen... but then it DID happen and everyone now knows Vince is a proxy..

WTF, it's creative but it's utterly useless IMO. they just broke off atmosphere (especially since I was marathoning the show)
Mar 8, 2015 2:11 PM
Apr 2014
How the hell do we get from creepy mindrape to random filler gameshow?
Apr 6, 2015 3:06 PM

Feb 2015
I think... That I feel this was amazing?
May 29, 2015 9:34 PM
Dec 2014
I know I'm severely late to this but was I the only one that was reminded of a game Joker from Batman would play
Jun 9, 2015 10:01 AM
Apr 2015
I can't give this anime a 10/10 because of this episode. It's only 23 eps and they pull a filler like this.
Jun 17, 2015 4:10 PM

Jan 2015
That opening transaction xD lol
Jun 18, 2015 2:47 AM

Feb 2015
This and the previous episode are my favorites so far.
Jul 20, 2015 8:04 AM

Sep 2014
Piegoose said:
Barrian14 said:

Once you finish the show you will see the vague relevance to the actual story, but I think they were just trying to be unique. However, it didn't fit the themes of the show at all and ended up just making it worse in my opinion, even after understanding its place.

This. This episode was terrible because it completely destroyed the atmosphere and integrity of the show. -.-
Aug 12, 2015 1:11 AM

Jul 2013
At first I thought it was a filler but goddamn??? This ep was pretty enlightening.
Aug 13, 2015 2:07 AM

Jan 2014
Shimapan-chan said:
Reminded me of the first episode of Dance In The Vampire Bund

I agree! Though I liked that episode more.

By the way, at first I was like "wtf" but then get past it I could see it was brilliant.

Loved the transition to the OP.
Sep 6, 2015 7:57 PM

Aug 2015
i felt like the author was talking to us through the host plus im sure everyone was as clueless as vince
Sep 15, 2015 9:33 AM
Sep 2015
Did noone notice that the said "Quiz" was broadcasted across the world and that the Regents were also viewing it, while asking the communications blocking of outer sources to cut it off? If that detail was not entirely off-plot on its own, it could be indicating someone was toying with the Romdeau authorities broadcasting this show.
Sep 15, 2015 10:12 AM

Sep 2014
Orestis_Rod said:
Did noone notice that the said "Quiz" was broadcasted across the world and that the Regents were also viewing it, while asking the communications blocking of outer sources to cut it off? If that detail was not entirely off-plot on its own, it could be indicating someone was toying with the Romdeau authorities broadcasting this show.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying but for someone to toy with Romdeau would mean that everything is still connected and everything is orchestered by someone higher up. I throw in some stuff from later episodes regarding this theory, so don't open the spoiler if haven't finished the series.

Sep 15, 2015 2:59 PM
Sep 2015
Miragee said:

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying but for someone to toy with Romdeau would mean that everything is still connected and everything is orchestered by someone higher up. I throw in some stuff from later episodes regarding this theory, so don't open the spoiler if haven't finished the series.

What I am saying is that, at some point, the Regents are shown watching the show too. They comment on the fact that someone even raised a satellite to broadcast that thing. And lastly, they say something like the following (too lazy to go back and see :P) : "Use our service for cutting out transmissions from sources outside Romdeau, and stop this broadcast". A reason for this could be that the broadcast could be available to normal citizens too. My point for all this, is that the show was not out of the anime's real world - just to tell us information - but something that actually happened in the plot. Since I find it unlikely that Re-l and Vincent were physically present in that show, it should be someone virtually putting them there, while also knowing what was going on in Ramdeau, or else they would not pick Vincent and Re-l as participants.

P.S. I have not finished the series yet, I will review your theory after I am done.

EDIT:
Orestis_RodSep 16, 2015 3:45 AM
Dec 14, 2015 3:59 AM

May 2015
I guess the director was like...
"Hmm, I guess I have darken the story well enough... WELP, TIME FOR SOME ENTERTAINING SEGMENTS! Let's see... uhh... Let's have a parody of 'Who wants to be a Millionaire' and then the rules here is that if the player won against the host's quizzes. Then, the host dies. Vice versa will happen if the player didn't won... Let's see who's the player... AH! I Know, that would be Vincent.."

Also, that No. 9 Question after the intro though... I answer it, and got it. Then laugh for about a few minutes and I was like "Well, they're breaking the fourth wall... WHAT IS THIS?! GINTAMA?!"

Also, I answered a few of them... Some were right while some of them are wrong... -_-
VaasMontenegroDec 14, 2015 4:04 AM
If God exists, then he should try extending my deadline right now!
~ Kobayashi, Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon - Episode 12
Dec 17, 2015 2:11 PM

Jun 2015
What a horrible episode :(
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

93 by LonewolfNBU »»
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

71 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xel - Jun 7, 2008

100 by llamav »»
Mar 7, 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.