Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 26, 2015 8:33 AM

Feb 2013
i want some opinion from everyone about it.
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon."
Nov 21, 2015 2:37 AM
Oct 2013
I'm quite lost....I fail to comprehend Reina's true motive --- or who she really is, for that matter.....And perhaps due to my perplexion, I feel rather disappointed ....The story, as a whole, was too sad ....and I'm averse to bad endings......anyway, I guess I ought to re-read it to have a better understanding of it!
Apr 19, 2016 8:50 AM

Feb 2013
i think it is some entity that being given life by original kamisu reina. she is suffering from artificial life that she had, made her lose her ability to stay true of herself. finally, the entity is being given direction, purpose, meaning, for it to exist, that is......
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon."
Jun 17, 2016 3:07 AM
May 2015
It seems that the author has a tendency to skip any explanations about how the supernatural even happened in the first place, just like the origin of the box in Hakomari. As expected, this series was quite inferior to that masterpiece Hakomari but you gotta give it to him for one of the greatest plot twists ever (revealing which of the 2 Reina Kamisu's was the actual "bad guy"). Just like the other guy said, i also failed to understand Reina's motives and why she lost her feelings and soul after reckognizing the other Reina. More importantly though, there was something else omitted (which makes sense cause it would take a genius to do it without failing at it): To give us a point of view from the phenomenon Reina, show us how it is like to be her (/it?) and whether she is actually suffering going through eternity as a curse, cause that would be too dark.

That said, it is one of the very few LN good enough to keep me from dropping, and the author has to be my favorite when it comes to them. Is there even anything similar (not only thematically but more importantly in feels, only though i like happy endings instead of sad).
Jun 18, 2019 2:04 PM
Aug 2014
I enjoyed the novel but it's as already stated, the occultic events are regarded as natural and that causes confusion. I think that Mutsui and Reina were two characters with comprehensible goals. Reina's will to kill people is definitely overboard but she has essentially been ostracized her entire life. She was just a tool for others to display or to praise.

Think about it. If you have a talent and people you've known for years only establish bonds with you to extort you out of it, you're going to feel disappointed. Now extend that feeling to every single meeting you ever have. Your parents, brother, schoolmates, every single person wants to extort you and merely be praised by you to achieve a sense of accomplishment for themselves. I think that the theme is this novel wasn't a difficult concept to grasp but the flaws lie in the supernatural elements.
Jan 2, 2020 3:10 AM

Jul 2014
Just finished mikage eiji's masquerade and the nameless woman
It made me think if it has the same world of Kamisu reina series
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisu Reina Series Volume 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

6 by EsieEyen »»
Feb 28, 2021 9:36 AM

» Ideal staff in the unlikely case of an adaptation.

TwilightCelica - Nov 17, 2017

1 by Genocyber »»
Feb 16, 2018 12:00 AM

Poll: » Kamisu Reina Series Volume 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

5 by reizenchuu »»
Jan 15, 2018 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.