Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2015 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
"That training isn't even hard!!!!!"

I'm dying
Oct 18, 2015 11:42 AM

Apr 2014
The Struggle is Real

Oct 18, 2015 11:46 AM
Sep 2012
I like how some people take this so seriously. It's a superhero parody. This is supposed to be something to laugh and enjoy.
Oct 18, 2015 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
The Carnage Kabuto guy is old Joseph Joestar
CV: 石塚運昇
Oct 18, 2015 11:47 AM

Jul 2014
This fucking show, I swear. Only in this show would a superhero be motivated by bargain day at the supermarket. It's completely ridiculous but so good at the same time.
Oct 18, 2015 11:48 AM

Jan 2015
LMAO when Saitama is explaining how he got strong.
Brb doing the One Punch Man Routine.

Genos fights are jaw dropping.

Hope Saitama gets to the bargain at the supermarket in time.

Oct 18, 2015 11:48 AM

Aug 2013
the soundtrack for this show is 100/10
Oct 18, 2015 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
A-list_96 said:
LMAO when Saitama is explaining how he got strong.
Brb doing the One Punch Man Routine.
[/spoiler]

Don't forget the banana !
Oct 18, 2015 11:49 AM

Sep 2014
I'm really noticing and liking the background music.
Oct 18, 2015 11:50 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was enjoyable, not nearly as good as last weeks.
Oct 18, 2015 11:51 AM

Jan 2015
House of Evolution damn I was really wishing for this to be animated and it was but so fast ahah :D Now there are only 2 scènes I can't wait for to be animated ....
Oct 18, 2015 11:51 AM

Jan 2015
Guilek said:

Don't forget the banana !

Can't wait to find out the other 2 meals so i can become as strong as baldy.
Oct 18, 2015 11:54 AM
Mar 2015
Nezperdian said:
Carnage totally looks like Smile guy from Courage the cowardly dog <3

No he looks like EVA.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyxsjpao441roemr0o1_1280.jpg
Oct 18, 2015 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Another awesome episode with awesome action.

That genos afro was hilarious lol.

I felt kinda bad for the scientist by the end of the episode lol.

Speed o sound sonic appears next episode HYPE
Oct 18, 2015 11:57 AM

Jan 2015
eXtacy67 said:
This episode was enjoyable, not nearly as good as last weeks.

Episode 2 is my fav till now the Genos backstory was comedic genius, but I thought this wasn't that far off tbh. The Routine part is absolute gold, had me laughing throughout.
Oct 18, 2015 11:57 AM

Mar 2015
TODAY IS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Another great episode, thank based madhouse.
Oct 18, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2015
OrangeJP said:
The Struggle is Real

As a student i can relate.
Oct 18, 2015 12:05 PM

Jan 2015
Genos went to the Saitama school of finishing off bad guys in one attack.

Oct 18, 2015 12:09 PM

Aug 2015
Can't help but laugh at how useless the villains will be to the fact that Saitama worries his bargain sales than his enemies, and also the action scene on Genos: "Machinegun Blows" so much eyegasm I guess. So Sonic will appear on the next episode I guess.
Oct 18, 2015 12:16 PM

Sep 2015
I loved the little conversation with the Armored Gorilla at the beginning.

"My Master has become very curious about your body"

"I'm not interested in dudes"

"I think you misunderstood master"

LMAO the dialogue is great in this series
Oct 18, 2015 12:16 PM

Nov 2014
Action was good, jokes were flat.

Oct 18, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2015
juicykitten95 said:
rider and sonic hype time
Oct 18, 2015 12:20 PM

Apr 2015
Genos destroyed the usual
trope for invading enemy
base,haha

I can't get enough of
Saitama's face

The only superhero that
worries about bargain sale
*sigh*

Oct 18, 2015 12:21 PM

Mar 2014
but did he get to the sale on time
genos is bae
Oct 18, 2015 12:23 PM
Mar 2014
unfortunately no since the season will end LONG before they get that far. The explanation doesn't happen until 2/3 of the way through the hero hunter arc (even the manga hasn't gotten that far yet), and at best the anime season will end RIGHT before the hero hunter arc starts.

Huge spoilers for those that haven't caught up to the webcomic.
ZanathKariashiOct 18, 2015 12:31 PM
Oct 18, 2015 12:25 PM
May 2013
MadRoosterr said:
Does this show ever start to make sense or is everything possible and nothing ever explained for comedy reasons like de-ageing and eating crab so you become a crab mutant monster?

What's wrong with the scientist restoring his own body's molecular structure to a young state with regenerative medicine? The same will be possible in reality within this century.
Oct 18, 2015 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
The action was meh. The comedy was even more meh.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2015 12:31 PM

Feb 2015
So far so excellent.

It's normal for the first 2-3 episodes of almost any anime to be solid, so the real trial will be over the next couple of fortnights.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Oct 18, 2015 12:39 PM

Sep 2007
I read the manga and I still laughed my ass off :D
Oct 18, 2015 12:47 PM

Dec 2013
This was absolutely brilliant. Poor Genos got owned again.

Saitama's training method was hilarious.

Poor guy missed the bargain sale!
Oct 18, 2015 12:48 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
stall waiting to see what makes one punch man good...So far it's just some epic battles, then Saitama comes and ruins it with 1punch non-sense.. has mediocre comedy..

I do hope later on he will get an actual enemy...who can survive his punches.. or at least where Saitama will have problems defeating his enemy.. or some close calls.. anything that makes battles into battles..

Has great animation.. high budget.. but so far all i see is saitama ruining battles & some mediocre comedy..

Seriously.. even some generic anime have better jokes than this .. so far at least. I mean so far it's like.

"Okay.. guy will 1 punch anything anyways, so no hype for him fighting as outcome is known.. and since he so "OP" he doesn't even have to think of enemies.. and can think of his casual life..

So while he was being tossed around and thinking about sale..it was probably the episodes worst moment.. I literally was like "seriously.. stop wasting time on some retardation and horrible joke and just end the fight so I can maybe see some close-call & dangerous side character fights"

It isn't bad anime.. it has some interesting moments.. but definitely not amazing either.. at least 3 episodes give me still 6/10 anime impression.

In a nutshell... I really hope Saitama will get actually enjoyable enemy that isn't just air..
Oct 18, 2015 12:53 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode again, best on so far in terms of adaption imho, they really hit the mark with everything this time.

vaikepois said:
/snip

Obligatory "the one punch joke isn't the main joke here".

Apr 2014
vaikepois said:
stall waiting to see what makes one punch man good...So far it's just some epic battles, then Saitama comes and ruins it with 1punch non-sense.. has mediocre comedy..

I do hope later on he will get an actual enemy...who can survive his punches.. or at least where Saitama will have problems defeating his enemy.. or some close calls.. anything that makes battles into battles..

Has great animation.. high budget.. but so far all i see is saitama ruining battles & some mediocre comedy..

Seriously.. even some generic anime have better jokes than this .. so far at least. I mean so far it's like.

"Okay.. guy will 1 punch anything anyways, so no hype for him fighting as outcome is known.. and since he so "OP" he doesn't even have to think of enemies.. and can think of his casual life..

So while he was being tossed around and thinking about sale..it was probably the episodes worst moment.. I literally was like "seriously.. stop wasting time on some retardation and horrible joke and just end the fight so I can maybe see some close-call & dangerous side character fights"

It isn't bad anime.. it has some interesting moments.. but definitely not amazing either.. at least 3 episodes give me still 6/10 anime impression.

In a nutshell... I really hope Saitama will get actually enjoyable enemy that isn't just air..
Way to miss the entire point of the series, dude.
I thought it'd be obvious at this point that this is a satire but I guess some people really are that dense.
Nov 2012
latipah63 said:
Best episode so far with the best joke. "Hope the traps from level 1 to 8 can stop them". GENOS PROCEEDS TO DESTROY THE WHOLE BUILDING.

This what I'm talking about. One Punch man is unpredictable. It's so good. We need more anime like this.
Oct 18, 2015 12:56 PM

Jul 2013
Hongu said:
vaikepois said:

I thought it'd be obvious at this point that this is a satire but I guess some people really are that dense.

Exactly.
Oct 18, 2015 12:58 PM
Nov 2012
Raycee said:
MadRoosterr said:
Does this show ever start to make sense or is everything possible and nothing ever explained for comedy reasons like de-ageing and eating crab so you become a crab mutant monster?

It's the same concept as when you eat a lot of pig, you turn into a pig yourself. And this show is more of a laidback fun so just sit back and relax. Stop questioning every little detail.

To answer your question,
I'm pretty sure it's not explicitly stated but I'd make an educated guess, that City Z is a city where genetic engineering is allowed and/or mutants have begun to appear and the main character might be a mutant without knowing it. He claims to have trained a lot to get that strong but most likely he simply awakened his powers. Eating crab and turning into a crab from the first episode is probably just a joke the bad guy used, or he experimented on himself. I know it's a little unconventional to have such information not really stated but I feel there are lots of little hints that support my theory for those in agreement.
Oct 18, 2015 1:00 PM
Mar 2015
vaikepois said:

Well read the manga and find out.
Oct 18, 2015 1:00 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Raycee said:
Hongu said:

Exactly.

well I get the point he is some uber OP guy who suppose to 1 punch everything.. but just horrendously boring... If jokes would be great mby I would be at least silly and enjoyable.. right now is just...horribly boring for me.. at least fights look nice..
Oct 18, 2015 1:06 PM

Jun 2013
SchwingBoner said:

Great action as always. Though it was hard taking Genos seriously with that hair.

''You turned Genos into a piece of modern art.'' LOL XD

Genos learns fast.

Hahaha, this :D. 5/5.. 3First eps have really been amazing and so much fun to watch so far :).
Oct 18, 2015 1:07 PM

Jul 2013
vaikepois said:
Raycee said:

Exactly.

well I get the point he is some uber OP guy who suppose to 1 punch everything.. but just horrendously boring... If jokes would be great mby I would be at least silly and enjoyable.. right now is just...horribly boring for me.. at least fights look nice..

There's plenty of others jokes.
The direct destruction of the bad guy's lair was hilarious.
Or the flashback being interrupted.
Or the "'Im not into dudes"
If you don't like these jokes maybe this anime isn't for you.
Oct 18, 2015 1:09 PM

Aug 2014
100 push ups. Seems legit. He didn't mention to also do proper stretches.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 18, 2015 1:11 PM
Nov 2012
Lollo36 said:
Ok, I get it, the scientist that aims for evolution through artificial enhancement dedicated every moment of his entire life on his studies, but then he's defeated by the protagonist, who claims that hard work is what made him this strong, but in reality, he did nothing special and he's just backed up by the plot itself. So clever, so meta, but... this episode is still reeeeally fucking booooring.

"My boss has become curious about your body"
"I'm not interested in dudes".

The pinnacle of anime comedy.

If you think that's bad comedy , you need to see shonen "rom-com" , it's in quotes because it's absolute garbage , where it's just dumb perverted situations and the MC can't open his mouth to say anything. I'd take a this joke over "misunderstandings" in typical anime. At least they don't spend several minutes trying to fix something that is neither funny or plot relevant.
Oct 18, 2015 1:17 PM

Sep 2015
Saitama's so hardcore lol. I never thought Carnage's color scheme in Carnage Mode would be like that though. Really loved this episode. Looking forward to next week again~
Oct 18, 2015 1:19 PM

Feb 2014
Another thrilling episode. I guess I wasn't the only one to have wanted to see all 8 traps in action, but Genos decided to one-shot the building with ease. Even Saitama was disappointed at that. XD

Kabuto is fearsome, especially in his rampage mode that makes him look like EVA-01 from Evangelion. Sadly for him, he chose to go on a rampage on the wrong day, as the panicking Saitama REKTS him easily.

I find the jokes to be very funny overall, but I do understand if a few people do find some to fall flat at times. To each their own after all. =)
Oct 18, 2015 1:21 PM

Jul 2013
I also love this episode. The action scenes were very good, and the scene when Saitama reveals the origin of his strength and Genos became angry because he though that Saitama was lying was hilarious XD. And then he rekt Asura Kabuto because he forgot to go to the bargains. I love Saitama more each episode.

I also love how that scientist guy was so obsessed to capture Saitama and when Asura Kabuto was defeated, he shit in his pants and realizes that he was to one who need to change. Glad that he don't die, since I'm a big fan of Daisuke Namikawa voice (though he also voices another character in the series).

The series is funny, stylish and cool. Sasuga, Madhouse. My only worry is that Genos, though cool, seems to be the one that would receive all the beatings to the enemies before Saitama destroys them. I don't want him to become a Yancha. I hope be wrong.
Oct 18, 2015 1:23 PM

Nov 2013
alphacompton said:
At least they don't spend several minutes trying to fix something that is neither funny or plot relevant.

They spend several minutes recycling the same joke as last week, where Saitama listens to someone else's boring backstory until he can't take it anymore.
Oct 18, 2015 1:24 PM

Dec 2013
Lollo36 said:
alphacompton said:
At least they don't spend several minutes trying to fix something that is neither funny or plot relevant.

They spend several minutes recycling the same joke as last week, where Saitama listens to someone else's boring backstory until he can't take it anymore.

Are you nitpicking again? Tsk tsk, again up to no good
Oct 18, 2015 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
I really like the part about how Saitama trained himself.
Oct 18, 2015 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
vaikepois said:

Everyone have different tastes in comedy. Comedy is a genre so divided and subjective that there's always a wall between the side of those who laugh their ass off and the side of those who can't understand shit about what the others are laughing at, no matter the show. The second side on this one is really small, so that's already proof that OPM is really fucking good.
Now, that 1punch stuff, if Saitama wants to go for the kill, will never change, ever. If that gets in your nerves, you better drop the show. If you just don't like it very much but you still think it's passable keep watching and you will probably start to enjoy it sooner or later
Veldin461Oct 18, 2015 2:55 PM
Oct 18, 2015 1:26 PM

Jul 2014
robis798 said:
Lollo36 said:

Are you nitpicking again? Tsk tsk, again up to no good

Unfortunately the anime is bombarded with similar jokes so ehhhhhnh
"Hi!"
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» serious question

elitebeef - May 5

44 by elitebeef »»
May 8, 9:22 AM

» What's the one change you would bring to OPM?

S10_Hinatakun - Oct 4, 2023

43 by elitebeef »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

» Live Action Movie gets new writers (Rick and Morty writer and creator)

OvergrownRover - Apr 14

2 by Kadano »»
Apr 23, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

346 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Apr 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

986 by larryfirst »»
Mar 28, 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.