Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2015 1:32 PM

Jan 2015
Awesome fight and funny episode as always!

Hooray! Sonic is in the next episode!
Oct 18, 2015 1:34 PM

Aug 2013
Oh, I thought for sure that this scientist would be the one who saved Genos. But it doesn't seem like it. Even their names are similar!

I was so sure he was mad about the sales, but I didn't realized that it was because he had missed it. I'm such a slowpoke.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 18, 2015 1:37 PM

Jul 2014
kittymeowmel said:
YEEART said:
Unfortunately the anime is bombarded with similar jokes so ehhhhhnh

Well at least its consistent which is a good thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

With that mentality, humans will never evolve.

You can repeating the same 'consistent' jokes, sooner or later its novelty will go dry, then go stale and dry.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2015 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
YEEART said:
kittymeowmel said:

Well at least its consistent which is a good thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You can repeating the same 'consistent' jokes, sooner or later its novelty will go dry, then go stale and dry.

Watch out, we have a Genus over here.
Oct 18, 2015 1:42 PM

Dec 2013
YEEART said:
kittymeowmel said:

It's like you are talking about some 3rd rate harem rom-com, please. It did not do anything of the sort to gather such nitpicky criticism.
Oct 18, 2015 1:43 PM

Jul 2014
Raycee said:
YEEART said:

Watch out, we have a Genus over here.

Had a feeling someone was going to point this out. Even had intentions of referencing him on my comment as well.

Meh, it's not a big deal or anything like that anyway.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2015 1:46 PM
Apr 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
The best training ever finally got revealed. I love this show so much.

Nidhoeggr commenting without completely panning the show? On a comedy? AOTY people, AOTY
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Oct 18, 2015 1:50 PM

Apr 2015
Excellent as always!
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Oct 18, 2015 1:52 PM

Jan 2014
Hater always haters
ppl always ppl

Whatever da fuc you guys commenting OPM always da best of da best duh.
┑( ̄Д  ̄)┍

Oct 18, 2015 1:55 PM

Jul 2014
robis798 said:
YEEART said:

It's like you are talking about some 3rd rate harem rom-com, please. It did not do anything of the sort to gather such nitpicky criticism.

m8 I don't even know what I'm on about.

Just wanted to sound smart.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2015 2:00 PM

May 2015
This show still remaining glorious as ever. I had a good laugh again, XD.

Oct 18, 2015 2:02 PM

Feb 2011
was enjoying this until "carnage kabuto" what? (liked more "asura rhino" :u )
oh? was it just the wrong sub group? screww them!!

the adaptation continues to be great and even more than the source :D

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 18, 2015 2:26 PM

Aug 2010
The animation is friggin INSANE O_O Where The Fuck have u been hiding all that Budget MH XD Dem Genos Blasts and the ping ponging of Saitama by Kabuto were so epic

Saitama just being too FRIGGIN BA and giving no shits is just too awesome XD
Oct 18, 2015 2:41 PM

Apr 2009
vaikepois said:

well I get the point he is some uber OP guy who suppose to 1 punch everything.. but just horrendously boring... If jokes would be great mby I would be at least silly and enjoyable.. right now is just...horribly boring for me.. at least fights look nice..

Dude, you watched Mahouka which is basically the same except fascist, pretentious as it can get and a blatant power fantasy for insecure teens. And you gave it a 9.... Maybe they should just scrape the satire and intentional dry humour and add hours of useless and dumb technobabble to appeal to you? Seriously, the entire point of this satire is to contrast the nihilism that comes with ominpotence with the classic ominpotence fantasies of Western superheroes. If you just want your standard power fantasy, go read some crappy LN.

Swordnoob said:

Nidhoeggr commenting without completely panning the show? On a comedy? AOTY people, AOTY

Anime just needs to put on quality. If more shows were like OPM, Lupin or Ping Pong I wouldn't be so bitter.

PS: Why is it that a good mayority of the people who dislikes OPM has a Monogatari avatar in these subforums? I just noticed that, weird coincedence.
NidhoeggrOct 18, 2015 2:47 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 18, 2015 2:43 PM

Jan 2014
OP man, OP.
Oct 18, 2015 2:45 PM

Feb 2014
Rip supermarket sale.
Oct 18, 2015 2:52 PM

Jul 2014
If 2 is a lot... then I'm shocked really.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2015 2:54 PM

Oct 2013
people in this thread hating because comedy is so subjective lol

this was fucking hilarious. better than the first two episodes for sure.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Sep 2011
YEEART said:
If 2 is a lot... then I'm shocked really.

2 what? xD
Jul 2018
Loved the episode, full of fun!
Oct 18, 2015 2:55 PM

Apr 2013
I'm pretty sure those who have watched their fair share of shounen are able to appreciate more some of the jokes, mostly because they often involve poking fun at the tropes present in them in not so subtle ways.
Anyways, great episode with some of the best gags and one epic fight. The highlight was the soundtrack, in particular the one during Saitama's training regime.
Btw, I remember while reading the manga thinking Saitama had finally found his match, any anime watchers fell for it too?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 18, 2015 2:56 PM

Nov 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
hot air

You sound pretentious yourself. Did it ever occur to you people might have different tastes? Rhetorical question by the way, bub.
Oct 18, 2015 2:58 PM

Jul 2014
Zadion said:

It's a comedy anime.... if it lacks in the comedy department, then what? It's like a romance anime with poorly/rushed development that's just shit overall. I mean, aren't you praising this anime for its comedy...?

Also, when I say 2, I mean 2 people with a monogatari set 'disliking' this anime.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2015 3:01 PM

Jul 2013
We learn Saitama's training regime, genos becomes modern art and gets popcorn hair and Saitama rekt the rhino because he thought he missed his sale. Love this anime!
Oct 18, 2015 3:06 PM

Jul 2015
I should try that training out :D
Oct 18, 2015 3:08 PM
Jul 2015
Zadion said:

That doesn't make any sense so just because something is subjective people can't hate it ?
Oct 18, 2015 3:17 PM

Sep 2011
YEEART said:
Zadion said:

It's a comedy anime.... if it lacks in the comedy department, then what? It's like a romance anime with poorly/rushed development that's just shit overall. I mean, aren't you praising this anime for its comedy...?

Also, when I say 2, I mean 2 people with a monogatari set 'disliking' this anime.

Dude, the comedy isn't lacking in any way. As you can see majority of people here loved it.
What he wanted to say is that, as comedy is subjective, of course is not for everyone's tastes, obviously.
That was a dumb comment, no offence =/
Veldin461Oct 18, 2015 3:23 PM
Oct 18, 2015 3:25 PM

Feb 2012
YEEART said:

According to whom? Also the comedy is hardly the only reason people like OnePunchMan, as evident of this thread.

OT: Good episode, the animation once again is spectacular. Sonic and Licenseless Rider incoming.
Oct 18, 2015 3:26 PM

Apr 2013
IciBurn said:
YEEART said:

According to whom? Also the comedy is hardly the only reason people like OnePunchMan, as evident of this thread.

Erm, according to him. Why would he have to take into consideration what the general opinion is when expressing his opinion? Also, I doubt that anyone could enjoy OPM if they can't appreciate the comedy. It is a comedy first and foremost.
5. Is it actually good?

Oct 18, 2015 3:27 PM

Dec 2014
Not better than the previous one, but still good.
Oct 18, 2015 3:28 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
Dude, you watched Mahouka which is basically the same except fascist, pretentious as it can get and a blatant power fantasy for insecure teens. And you gave it a 9.... Maybe they should just scrape the satire and intentional dry humour and add hours of useless and dumb technobabble to appeal to you? Seriously, the entire point of this satire is to contrast the nihilism that comes with ominpotence with the classic ominpotence fantasies of Western superheroes. If you just want your standard power fantasy, go read some crappy LN.

Hmm? I just like Mahouka because of interesting magic x technology concept and calm strong protagonist with bunch of other fancy characters. Was very likable and interesting to watch. Humor~wise I don't know.. wasn't really a focus.

If I enjoy it, I do, if not then no. I don't in-depth or critic think about anime...nor really nitpick.. I just take in anime and it's world as it is.etc. then it's simply up to how I liked it generally.

One Punch Man I don't like simply because its humor bored me and Saitama himself just ruined the battles.. Thats why I'm giving punch man 6/10 (so far) . It isn't bad at all. It is just fine enough anime. Watchable.. had few fun battles...(mostly enjoyed when any other character fought..) whenever Saitama showed up with braindead face and simply was there for some time.. being tossed around, thinking of other stuff..and then just finishing enemy with 1 shot.. Nah... that reminds of some crappy 9gag meme humor..

In a nutshell... side-characters fights are cool, not my humor, concept doesn't particularly seem as interesting as I hoped.

I mean .. I'm not saying it's crap anime.. just isn't to my taste and feels overall very "meh". Kinda as if some weak idea of DBZ action and Gintama humor mixture.

Would read crappy LN but I'm not really a reading person. I rather enjoy anime..
Oct 18, 2015 3:29 PM

Sep 2015
Saitama's training "mini arc" is funny in the manga but...I have no Idea it would be this funny in anime...with that background music..lol

Oct 18, 2015 3:34 PM

Feb 2012
geralt said:
IciBurn said:

Erm, according to him. Why would he have to take into consideration what the general opinion is when expressing his opinion? Also, I doubt that anyone could enjoy OPM if they can't appreciate the comedy. It is a comedy first and foremost.

Thanks for the answer. Now read what i wrote, i said comedy isnt the only reason/or the sole reason people like OnePunchMan.
Oct 18, 2015 3:39 PM
Apr 2013
Smudy said:

That training is actually sick, doing that for three years, i can see how that would make someone that strong (obviously overdone here xDDDDD)

NOT THE SALE!

Not really :') Just look at bronson, he has had a similar routine for like over 20 years or something like that. Except way more, 1727 push-ups in just an hour, and 1790 sittups in an hour.. granted the guy is an absolute beast but still.
Oct 18, 2015 3:42 PM

Jul 2014
IciBurn said:
geralt said:

Thanks for the answer. Now read what i wrote, i said comedy isnt the only reason/or the sole reason people like OnePunchMan.

Fights lack which lack thrill or excitement... hit or miss jokes. Unfunny characters... meh OST, nothing surprising...

I'm not talking about other people, I don't shove my opinion nor force words down peoples throat or talk for them. I'm stating MY opinion, and why I'M not so fond of this episode, or potentially series in general.
All I see from this fanbase are double standards and 'hating on subjective things is stupid'. Is this how people argue these days? Man, I'm not even the type for debating either.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2015 3:49 PM

Feb 2012
YEEART said:

Fights lack which lack thrill or excitement... hit or miss jokes. Unfunny characters... meh OST, nothing surprising...

@Sounds oddly familiar, Nidhoeggr has a point.
Oct 18, 2015 3:49 PM

Apr 2014
Will I be able to become as strong as Saitama if I do what he did?
Nah, I would even last one day lol.
GG House of Evolution...it's nice knowing you.
Is Sonic up next? Looking forward to seeing him fight Saitama lol
Oct 18, 2015 3:55 PM
Dec 2014
Speed of Sound Sonic is coming next ep yes yes yes yes yes yes OMG Hype is killing me
H-X-HOct 18, 2015 3:59 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2015 3:57 PM

Apr 2013
YEEART said:

I'm not talking about other people, I don't shove my opinion nor force words down peoples throat or talk for them. I'm stating MY opinion, and why I'M not so fond of this episode, or potentially series in general.
All I see from this fanbase are double standards and 'hating on subjective things is stupid'. Is this how people argue these days? Man, I'm not even the type for debating either.

Noticing this as well and it sucks because I love OPM but the fanbase is turning this into a place where only positive things can be said about the series. If it gets any worse here'll be worse than the fate forums.
5. Is it actually good?

Oct 18, 2015 3:57 PM

Jul 2014
IciBurn said:
YEEART said:

HORY SHEEET!!!!

90 people say similar positive things, nobody bats an eye. 2 people say similar negative things, everybody loses their minds.

I sense double standards. I'll use what you said against geralt: 'Thanks for the awnser. Now read what I wrote'.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2015 4:04 PM

Sep 2011
hlubkoj2020 said:
Will I be able to become as strong as Saitama if I do what he did?

Anyone would die on the first year, in real life xD
Yeah, there are people that can do that kind of training in real life, but those are people that already work out. Saitama was just a normal guy who just started at that point
Oct 18, 2015 4:06 PM

May 2015
You will pay for making Genos look like modern art...

Best joke of the whole manga

Feb 2012
YEEART said:
IciBurn said:

HORY SHEEET!!!!

90 people say similar positive things, nobody bats an eye. 2 people say similar negative things, everybody loses their minds.

I sense double standards. I'll use what you said against geralt: 'Thanks for the awnser. Now read what I wrote'.
Nah i count 3 people and only an handful are responding to said criticism, not everyone. And what you said wasnt similar, it was literally the exact same and found it oddly familiar.

We can do this all day but like you said.
YEEART said:
Man, I'm not even the type for debating either.

Nov 2013
YEEART said:

HORY SHEEET!!!!

because you go against the crowds, never go against the crowds.
Oct 18, 2015 4:08 PM

Sep 2011
YEEART said:
IciBurn said:

HORY SHEEET!!!!

Well, that's actually great. It just means that there are not many negative things to say about this xD
Oct 18, 2015 4:10 PM

Jul 2014
Right, so basically talking to you was a waste of time then Ici. Pretty much what half of this fan base is anyway.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2015 4:19 PM

Jan 2015
Perfect as always.

Jan 2009
lol the best training ever has finally been revealed

Apr 2009
Once again, the point is not about creating an exciting fight with Saitama. He is overpowered, he will always win. That is obvious from the very beginning. But unlike all the other power fantasies where they just focus on giving you a fake sense of underdog status or stakes (looking at you Mahouka), the show fully embraces the consequences such a character has on the writing. Why do you think Saitama gets to be the last to do something every arc? Why do you think he is purposely designed to be extremely apathetic? Why is the show obviously focussing on side characters a lot? It's to show off a point. Watchmen pulled something similar when it contrasted Dr. Manhattan with the normal superheroes like the Owl. However, this is not meant to indulge in philosophical ramblings first and foremost, but rather be a lighthearted, more action oriented execution of a similar concept specifically aimed at clichees. It's dry and deadpan on purpose and it slowly expands its leitmotif over time after the initial establishment.

In this sense, the show does more with its theme than any SAO, Mahouka, Cavalry, etc. will ever be able to achieve, as its core premise already foregoes the inevitable conclusions the writing of afrementioned shows will have to reach, provided they featured competent execution. This is the mark of a good parody. Add excellent sound direction, animation and overall production value to it and you got a show that makes no mistakes when it comes to craftsmanship except maybe lingering too much on a few side gags. Of course this obviously does not sit well with people who enjoy conventional power fantasies as it deconstructs the primary motive for watching these shows: (In)direct selfinsertion, the joy of excerting dominance or experienceing popularity via proxy. And once again, as we progress with the show this will be indirectly adressed through OPM's plot as well and played for laughs.

Wow, I actually posted seriously and without contempt for the community for once. I need to get a beer...
NidhoeggrOct 18, 2015 4:27 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?

Sep 2013
Good Lord that Rhino fight :O
That Punch Line XD
How can madhouse be this BASED?! HOW?! :'(

Nidhoeggr said:

PS: Why is it that a good mayority of the people who dislikes OPM has a Monogatari avatar in these subforums? I just noticed that, weird coincedence.

Owarimonogatari has the unfortunate fate of being aired in the same season as OPM XD so it can't be AOTY ;)
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» serious question

elitebeef - May 5

44 by elitebeef »»
May 8, 9:22 AM

» What's the one change you would bring to OPM?

S10_Hinatakun - Oct 4, 2023

43 by elitebeef »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

» Live Action Movie gets new writers (Rick and Morty writer and creator)

OvergrownRover - Apr 14

2 by Kadano »»
Apr 23, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

346 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Apr 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

986 by larryfirst »»
Mar 28, 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.