Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 27, 2008 11:11 PM

Feb 2008
When's the next episode being aired ?

Need my hellsing fix =(
May 2, 2008 2:02 AM
Sep 2007
AonE subs released!
May 2, 2008 2:04 PM

Sep 2007
I pretty much just finished watching AonE's subs. Props for them, they released OVA IV much more earlier when compared to the time that took III.

IV was even more enjoyable to watch than it was RAW, and that one was already awesome. Props for all their notes too.
May 2, 2008 4:01 PM

Nov 2007
it was entertaining but some of the speeches seemed to drag like the one at the end.
May 6, 2008 3:23 AM

Jan 2008
good one, tho I liked the 3 one more .o.
We're all insane
May 12, 2008 10:54 AM

Feb 2008
lukey001 said:
When's the next episode being aired ?

Possibly in several months.

Finally watched this one!
I didn't liked this one as much as the 3rd episode, but it was still VERY good.
One thing I really loved was the ending xD
May 14, 2008 10:24 AM

Mar 2008
can someone send me a link of where to find the 4th
episode i looked around with no avail T.T even with the fansubs
on here they stop @ epi 3. help please

Jul 13, 2008 8:45 AM

Sep 2007
Wooo finally! Was worth waiting for a good sub release. This was great as usual but damned if that song is stuck in my head; the one Rip Van sung on the carrier.
Sep 28, 2008 12:09 PM

Feb 2008
just finished the OVAs up to this one. i dont like how they made saras all ditzy and stuff. alucard is badass though.
Oct 14, 2008 5:15 PM

Aug 2008
Can't wait for Seras to just become amazing next OVA. I watched the English dub and the major's voice was just awesome in it. His speech sounds pretty good in English.
Oct 20, 2008 5:24 AM

Jun 2008
I rofled completely at the ending song.
Oct 25, 2008 11:50 AM

Feb 2008
Man that was awesome again.
lol @that:

And the Ending. Oo
Nov 12, 2008 8:07 PM

Jan 2008
i don't think i will be able to wait another year for the next episode. O.o Alucard looked so happy, i can't wait to see how crazy he gets.

Apr 26, 2009 5:12 PM

Mar 2008
the way alucard killed winkle was just unbelievably sick, forcing the barrel end of her musket through jer heart, then draining her.

Apr 30, 2009 4:36 PM

Mar 2009
shinigami034 said:
Can't wait for Seras to just become amazing next OVA. I watched the English dub and the major's voice was just awesome in it. His speech sounds pretty good in English.

Yeah I watched it in English and was pretty impressed with the Majors speech, been watching all volumes back to back for the first time No. 5 to go - who needs sleep

Shameless plug signature The Shorts Club

May 2, 2009 9:49 AM

Jul 2007
Watched it in english, never again lol.

Prob just me, didnt enjoy this episode as much as the last, still pretty decent though!
Aug 3, 2009 4:24 PM

Jun 2007
It was so good I had chills watching.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Aug 4, 2009 9:17 AM

Aug 2009
OVA4 was pretty damn good. Perhaps the 2nd of the most brutal one yet (OVA5 wins that title).

Rip Van Winkle rocks and her death was perfect. I wish we could've seen more of her in the manga and OVA's though...
"The Deist needs none of those tricks and shows called miracles to confirm his faith, for what can be a greater miracle than the creation itself, and his own existence?"

- Thomas Paine
Aug 22, 2009 9:12 AM

Nov 2007
Goodbye to Van Winkle.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 4, 2009 7:40 PM

May 2009
brilliant, just brilliant...

loved the speech of the major, it gave me the chills
Sep 30, 2009 12:24 PM
Mar 2008
Who stole a ton lowercase letter b and replaced them with an a in my english sub? This is from the dvd rip.

"Sera. Whatever you do, don't aite."
"Enjoy it as much as possiable, right?"

Seems to be scene specific as the scene with the messenger didn't have any errors.
Nov 8, 2009 10:31 AM

Oct 2009
Rip van Winkle's death scene was really erotic. O yeah and Seras licking Hellsing's finger. Maybe I'm just a kinky bastard though.
Jan 1, 2010 7:17 AM

May 2009
Didn't enjoy it as much as the previous episodes, but it was still awesome. The enemy this time around was too weak, all she did was cry and hide basically. The Major's war speech was so long. xD
Jan 16, 2010 6:50 PM

Dec 2008
JuicyBuddha said:
Rip van Winkle's death scene was really erotic. O yeah and Seras licking Hellsing's finger. Maybe I'm just a kinky bastard though.

You're not alone. Alucard slowly sliding the rifle into Rip's body while she's screaming is not exactly the most subtle of sexual metaphors.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Apr 2, 2010 12:12 AM

Feb 2010
mad82 said:
Who stole a ton lowercase letter b and replaced them with an a in my english sub? This is from the dvd rip.

"Sera. Whatever you do, don't aite."
"Enjoy it as much as possiable, right?"

Seems to be scene specific as the scene with the messenger didn't have any errors.

Mine too! We must have the same dvd rip. I was like... dammit!

Silverhammer said:
JuicyBuddha said:

You're not alone. Alucard slowly sliding the rifle into Rip's body while she's screaming is not exactly the most subtle of sexual metaphors.

I agree! Both were extremely sexual. The scene where he kills rip was hard to watch...

excellent episode.
Jun 12, 2010 1:25 PM

Feb 2010
Achievement Unlocked: "I don't need a bayonet" - Kill an enemy with only your rifle without shooting.
Jul 21, 2010 3:58 AM

Feb 2009
That was some harcdore shit right there...

The animation is clearly improving each episode, and I can finally say the plot is getting freaking amazing. This OVA eats Hellsing TV series for breakfast.
Jul 23, 2010 5:02 PM
Jul 2010
Arkhan said:
Makes me wish someone would also make other anime adaptions independent from TV like Hellsing Ultimate.

Yeah, like for Vandread. Or Black Cat. Or Majin Tantai Nougami Neuro. And Black Blood Brothers and Aquarion and Witchblade and ooh, This Ugly yet Beautiful World, and maybe Scrapped Princess, and all of those other anime that could have been something truly great but weren't.
Jul 23, 2010 5:06 PM
Jul 2010
Right, anyone else think that was a little bit over the top? I mean, yeah, last episode was pretty brutal, but it was a far cry from shadow-raping everyone into oblivion!
Jul 27, 2010 10:44 AM
Jun 2010
Can this show get more bad ass than this ?

First time in my life I get disgusted by watching a gore anime, that scene with Alucard stabing that lady was so horrible and cruel I felt sorry for her.

The nazi major is a psycho, I wonder what he'll do to Alucard. He seems confident so far...

Aug 7, 2010 9:01 PM

Aug 2009
Wow these guys don't learn. ALUCARD WILL JUST SWEEP YOUR ASSES. NOONE STANDS A CHANCE AGAINST ALUCARD. MAN WHEN WILL THESE NAZI GUYS LEARN? WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU'LL SUCEED JUST WHEN ALUCARD WIPED YO ASSES OFF 50 YEARS AGO? Okay so now I stop raging, lol.

To be honest, I have a bad feeling about this. This Hitler guy sure is happy even though his men keep dying. Apparently his men dying is just part of his plan. I guess in every 1 of his men dying, he learns more and more about Alucard. Damn, I'm sensing an Alucard defeat in the future since he's doing so great now that it's just a nature's way that he will experience defeat sooner or later.

Okay so I am speechless about Alucard. He raped that muskateer RIP girl. At first she looked strong. Well I guess she is really strong but not Alucard strong. Clearly, Alucard raped her until she died. MAN ALUCARD WHY ARE YOU SO STRONG?!
Aug 28, 2010 8:30 AM

May 2010
This anime is way more epic than I expected, but the slapstick comedy is so bad I occasionally get an urge to thrust my fist through the monitor.
Sep 14, 2010 12:25 AM

Feb 2010
Wow. I mean, wow. I knew about The Major's speech beforehand, but I still wasn't prepared for this episode to be as well done as it was.

Still don't know what Iscariot's deal is. Was Anderson just given the okay to murder innocent people, or did I just mishear him?
Dec 22, 2010 11:43 AM
Feb 2010
I loved Schrodinger!! Voice was amazing as well as the animation.

~ A woman's determination can move the mightiest of stones~
Feb 23, 2011 12:42 PM

Aug 2010
It get more and more hardcore with every episode <3

Btw, i lold at the various geneon anime reference in the credits, like Tokiko_Tsumura on the Major T-shirt.
Apr 9, 2011 9:28 AM

Jul 2009
Clearly, they need to create a manual on : "How to kill someone in an SR-71 Blackbird going in ramming speed towards your hangar ship"
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 30, 2011 5:23 PM

Dec 2010
This episode was full of epicness! Alucard has gone insane again and yet again, no one could stop him. The nazi screwed him pretty nice, making him to land on that ship - he can't possibly defend London now.
But what I really liked the most about this episode... it was of course Anderson. Even though he didn't get much attention, his appearance almost made me scream of enjoyment - he was so full of coolness... I barely could stand and just watch every little bit of his appearance. Well... not really just stand, but still I watched it :D
Aug 8, 2011 9:18 PM

Aug 2010
That was some sick speech at the end (and by sick i really mean sick...) only a nazi would grin to something like that :l still this show is badass
Aug 15, 2011 1:57 AM
Jun 2010
The Major's "I love war" speech is still one of the greatest villain speeches ever conceived.
Jan 9, 2012 12:54 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Sick episode this. Loved the Blackbird.

SuperLlama said:
The Major's "I love war" speech is still one of the greatest villain speeches ever conceived.
... in anime.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 19, 2012 11:39 AM

Aug 2009
So Rip Van Winkle turned out to be a woman? Huh...well that was unexpected. It gave a whole different atmosphere to the encounter. What in the manga i pictured to be friggin' Alucard proving a point to the Nazi's, in the anime adaptation it turned into a little bit more disturbing. It was really hard to watch Alucard slowly push Rip's musket through her chest while she moans in pain. If that was their objective for the viewer to feel then they accomplished that.

Pro's for the episode:
Rip's magic bullet effects and sound. They really did make it look and sound like a magic bullet going through the air like a runaway firework.
Nice pacing. They took out only a small number of scenes that could be considered mangafiller (the parts where the SAS and the fighter pilots get shot by the magic bullet) and the part where Walter explains the plane Alucard will be flying, and they made it better when they only explained the plane to the viewer once.
They finally got rid of the silly techno beats in the background. The extra opera sounds after Rip's song fit the atmosphere of Rip's descent to hell by "Zamuel" well.
The part where Seras drinks Integras blood. I totally forgot about this when i read the manga. I always thought his first drink would come later. And was it just me or did i get an erotic-vibe from that scene? Two girls licking eachothers fingers, the master and the worker or do i just have a dirty mind?

Con's:
They didn't edit the Majors speech at all. I know it establishes that Major is psychopath who has a disturbing love for war, but it was too long. They should've splitted it in half or at'least animate the scenes of war the Major loves.

Still these are damn good episodes. The animation is still top notch and the VA's do their job even better than before. Hopefully it will stay this way.
Mar 11, 2012 4:33 PM

Aug 2011
This Priest and Alcards meeting are almost like a comedy routine now. Priest shows up out of now where, they both start to fight and then walk away saying I'll fight you laterz.
Mar 13, 2012 10:39 AM

Dec 2011
Let's start with the positive. Descent to hell and the final speech were incredible. But here's my problem.

I can't help but feel like characters are being uncomfortably inconsistent. In the first episode I felt like Alucard had a tiny sense of whimsy and flavor for fun, all while being a badass. I feel like that side of him has been completely misplaced and now he is just Satan incarnate, which is fine, but I don't appreciate being misled about his character like that. Secondly, Integra forcing Sera to drink felt totally incongruous with her desperately getting Sera to back down from her death frenzy an episode ago. That really made it seem like Integra didn't necessarily want Sera to become a total monster.

Absolutely loving this series so far but the characterization feels a little bit static.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Mar 13, 2012 2:40 PM

Apr 2009
Eckilsax said:
I can't help but feel like characters are being uncomfortably inconsistent. In the first episode I felt like Alucard had a tiny sense of whimsy and flavor for fun, all while being a badass. I feel like that side of him has been completely misplaced and now he is just Satan incarnate, which is fine, but I don't appreciate being misled about his character like that.

Well, in the first episode all Alucard's enemies except for Anderson were just incompetent losers compared to our vampire, so he was just blasting them from the way half bored making some jokes to entertain himself in the process. Now things are starting to get serious and so does Alucard. Still he is not unreasonably evil and you will see more about his personality lately.
Secondly, Integra forcing Sera to drink felt totally incongruous with her desperately getting Sera to back down from her death frenzy an episode ago. That really made it seem like Integra didn't necessarily want Sera to become a total monster.

In this series concept of a monster is different for different characters sometimes to the point of absolute contradiction. Those who express their opinion on the monster issue significantly are: Alucard, Major and Integra. Well, also Anderson. Something stated by one of them is not necessary true to the other.
The thing is, casual blood drinking from a human who is alive and well and is willing to share a little without an actual bite is pretty much not a big deal. Also Integra was trying to calm Seras down in volume 2 largely because she didn't want to see her good guards getting broken into pieces and mutilated even through they were ghoulified by the time. Still she had so much respect to their poor corpses.
Mar 13, 2012 3:41 PM

Dec 2011
True, she didn't want her guards to be killed needlessly, but in that scene she got oddly emotional, a rare moment of broken composure. I can also understand that drinking a few drops of blood from your master is no where near as bad as draining a random bystander. That softens this annoyance for me. But still, this blood drinking scene felt a bit too casual based on how this subplot was set up previously.

I have this sneaking feeling that the tiny shard of humanity that was being balanced delicately in the first few episodes was crushed along the way and the transition feels a little bit lost. Really as soon as this episode started I felt a little bit like scenes were missing (who's the new eye-patch-wearing recruit?). I still have high hopes for the remaining 6 episodes. I just wish the characters were defined just a little bit better. Like, my opinion of Alucard at the end of episode 1 and the end of episode 4, is completely different now.

Pretty much all my complaints in character department can be chalked up to 'this is war, the gloves are coming off'. It just means that some of the subtlety that the first episode promised is getting pushed aside. This is still a 10 for me but if the characterization doesn't improve it will drop to a 9.
Mar 14, 2012 1:59 AM

Apr 2009
Eckilsax said:
Really as soon as this episode started I felt a little bit like scenes were missing (who's the new eye-patch-wearing recruit?).

He was introduced in the beginning of episode 3. Pip Bernadotte, The Wild Geese mercenary squad leader. Integra felt like hiring ordinary soldiers from UK army to replace Hellsing guards killed in episode 2 won't do the job in the current situation (hence those killed guys were UK army troops to begin with), so with Walter's help she picked the best war-hardened veteran mercs available, guys participating in wars all around the globe for money. Oh, and also Pip is awesome =D.
Eckilsax said:
I can also understand that drinking a few drops of blood from your master is no where near as bad as draining a random bystander. That softens this annoyance for me. But still, this blood drinking scene felt a bit too casual based on how this subplot was set up previously.

Well, maybe that's because it wasn't set up clear enough in the first place. There will be further explanations about how this blood stuff works and in what conditions it is really extremely important and will have some truly big consequences in contrast to episode 4 casual scene with Integra. See, it's not so important simply because "OMG, drinking blood is such a typical monstrous thing to do, look at our horror cliches", no. There is a well-defined, intelligible, rational, physical reason. You'll see in the upcoming episodes.
Eckilsax said:
This is still a 10 for me but if the characterization doesn't improve it will drop to a 9.

There will be a lot of character development starting from episodes 6-7 arc and right till the very end.
Mar 14, 2012 8:57 AM

Dec 2011
Thanks, i think you've smoothed the creases for me. I'm more hyped to watch more now. and I'm not sure how I missed that character introduction :/ I think i was mainly confused because he's there but doesn't utter a word in this episode.
Jul 27, 2012 2:01 PM

Feb 2011
OMG This show is freaking amazing . It gets me so excited xD
Aug 10, 2012 11:51 PM

Aug 2010
I guess no one can fuck with Alucard. Seriously this guy is like my dream protagonist. I always wanted a protagonist who is strong, crazy and badass, and this guy fits all of the above.

5/5
Aug 28, 2012 11:56 AM

Mar 2010
the madness lvl in this episode was so high xD
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Apr 22, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.