Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 3, 2016 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah, that was a nice episode.
Another enemie defeated by Alucard. Wonder how powerfull he really is.
Also, tbh it's getting a bit repetitive by now: Alucard always kill some vampire that dares to go against him and stuff. Hope the plot gets a bit more interesting in the episodes to come.
Oct 1, 2016 8:40 AM

Feb 2015
Hmm... I watch dubs only once in a blue moon (I have a legit reason for that and its mostly to see if it sounds better or same old generic crap I hear) but the dub here is surprisingly good, especially Alucard's, Integra's, Rip's, Major's, everyone's.

Rip died(?) too soon, I wanted to see more of her, she was badass... heck everyone in this show is, I'm sure Major is too... when he isn't boring us with war and friends.

I think this might be the first anime I watch (halfway) and finish in dub. Almost regretting not watching the original in dub.

Where is Anderson?!
Oct 2, 2016 4:16 AM

Apr 2009
iDensity
You keep calling Hellsing TV "the original", but in fact it is not. The only true original here is Hellsing manga.
Hellsing TV is the old adaptation made when Hellsing manga only had 3 volumes published (it ended up with 10 eventually), so the first half of the TV show is basically manga plot mixed with heavy fillers, while the second part is just whatever writers at Gonzo came up with trying to have some kind of ending open enough to leave a possibility of a sequel.
Hellsing Ultimate on the other hand is the new adaptation that is 95% true to the original manga source material.
Oct 3, 2016 1:41 PM

Feb 2015
Klimat said:
iDensity
You keep calling Hellsing TV "the original", but in fact it is not. The only true original here is Hellsing manga.

Eh? I didn't mean--- okay, I call the first aired alternate version of an anime, anything that aired first original since that's the definition of original, no? First... start... early etc etc... or would you like me to use a different word?
Oct 3, 2016 3:27 PM

Apr 2009
iDensity said:
Klimat said:
iDensity

Eh? I didn't mean--- okay, I call the first aired alternate version of an anime, anything that aired first original since that's the definition of original, no? First... start... early etc etc... or would you like me to use a different word?

I'm not in a position to demand people using certain words, I'm just trying to explain away any possible confusions, since when word "original" is used, it sounds like every following work of the same title is based on said original, which is not the case with Hellsing TV and Hellsing OVA.
Oct 13, 2016 6:13 AM

Apr 2015
Man, this show is extreme. The crazy oddly-sexy singing chick got really ripped up.

4/5 - Really visually appealing, but while I was watching it I felt a bit overwhelmed keeping track of everything...maybe I should stop watching anime at 2am.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 18, 2016 2:41 PM

Jan 2013
The Queen saying "Destroy tthem" felt oddly satisfying.
Schrödinger being there and not there ... typical.

I actually though Alucard would arrive sitting on a missile lol ...
When Alucard held "van Winkle" in his hand I thought he'd maybe convince her to join Hellsing ...
What an amazing episode though, the fight ... well as much as you can call whimpering a fight ... between Alucard and van Winkle was really good.

Alucard is truly terrifying.

Alright we get it ... you like war, dont think it was really necessary to hear him speak about it for 8 minutes straight.
Nov 26, 2016 2:47 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
War´s Declaration!!! Begin a new war between Ingland, Alucard against Millenium´s Nazis!!!!

Vampire Vs. Vampire!!!!

Nice episode Ova!!!
Jan 16, 2017 6:51 PM
Dec 2014
that ending was awful, his shitty speech dragged on and on
Jan 20, 2017 3:45 PM

May 2015
The speech of the Nazi major gave me the shudders. He is a psycho, but we all new that the major is a nut case but what is new here? Lol!

Rip ability was amazing but she turned out to be outclassed by Alucard, to be fair all of his opponent that he has faced so far were badly outperformed by him…
Feb 28, 2017 1:10 AM

May 2016
The ending was really boring specially that last long speech.
Mar 5, 2017 5:10 AM

Dec 2015
I liked when Alucard me the queen and how he seems to respect her and know her from years ago. Nice episode.
Aug 20, 2017 8:15 AM

Aug 2011

I totally agree. If you want to enjoy the anime at all, you can't really take it seriously. It's absurd and the nazis are sooo stupid. So so stupid. The Major's speech was pointless drivel, it served no purpose and was so fucking dull. And I enjoy dialogue heavy anime.

Rip Van Winkle's death was horrifying. It was too much like rape, it was hard to watch. Because of the nature of this anime, it's easy to grow accustomed to the violence, but this episode took a slightly (slightly) more realistic approach that put everything back into perspective. Unlike Father whatshisname or the ignorant soldiers, Rip was appropriately terrified of Alucard. Alucard is a monster in every sense of the word. He's worse than the bad guys he fights. This episode served as a reminder of that.
Oct 9, 2017 11:05 PM
Jul 2017
Well wasn't that just perfect! When Alucard arrived on the ship and everything after was done absolutely perfectly. The fear in Winkle's voice, the burning cross, Alucard's laughter. And of course, the Major's monologue. If someone told me there's footage of a German guy ranting about war for 6 minutes, and it's good, I'd call him crazy. After seeing that exact thing happen, I was so impressed by his performance, the descriptions, the imagery of war; it really gets me pumped to see the rest of this so far amazing series!!!
Jul 15, 2019 2:51 AM

Jan 2018
Cool episode, the death of that lieutenant was hard to watch because it felt like it took about 10 minutes for her to finally die lol.

My one problem with the show so far, especially with this episode, is that it drags on for so long to the point where I want to stop watching.
Sep 1, 2019 10:51 AM
Dec 2018
Finally; this animation is FINALLY getting interesting!

I mean... I still don't like these weird scenes which are supposed to be "funny". - They really seem annoying to me... And Seras Victoria is kinda annoying too when she acts all scared and like she doesn't have any brain cell...

AND I HATE how is Integra acting in this animation and how her character is so different from the old Hellsing. Just... NOPE!

But I have to admit that I really love this lady...

She's beauty.
She's grace.
She will shoot you in the face!
Nov 9, 2019 5:19 AM

Jul 2013
I believe Anderson is really the only one who can at least challenge Alucard. Anyway, this fucking Major really love the sound of his own voice. And all these crazy Nazi talks but I never heard once the name Hitler.
Mar 22, 2020 1:13 PM

Jul 2013
God damn. That was really fucking good. Especially the huge speech at the end.
Jul 31, 2020 1:48 AM

Jun 2017
Das Englandlied was an excellent touch
Sep 16, 2020 10:02 AM
Oct 2019
That was fucking amazing in every possible way.
Nov 21, 2020 10:01 AM

May 2020
That girl turned down easily. Declaration of war Vatican vs Nazi. This is getting serious now.
May 31, 2021 2:37 PM

Mar 2010
More like rape van eekle haha damn wish I could enjoy devouring someone's live force the same way alcurd enjoyed his feast, really makes you realize how much we are missing out on haha.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 5, 2021 2:08 AM
Aug 2021
Rip Van Winkle definitely had the most painful death so far. War has now been declared by the Last Battalion. They really didn't have to elongate The Major's speech so much(it does show how obssesed he is with war though).

Oh look it's another fanservice character and this time it's cat femboy hooters. What was with that edXD
Also that finger licking scene between Integra and Victoria was quite erotic.
-Facktack-Dec 5, 2021 2:15 AM
Jul 13, 2022 1:32 AM

Jul 2016
There is no heterosexual explanation for Seras licking Integra's finer like that... no heterosexual explanation I'm telling you.
Sep 12, 2022 12:29 AM
Sep 2022
gozei vendo o bostil
Oct 2, 2022 5:21 AM

Nov 2020
Another great episode! Alucard is really a fucking monster... The war is near!!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jan 5, 2023 1:54 PM
Feb 2022
rip van winkle sorta cute ngl too bad she’s a vampire nazi
Jan 6, 2023 3:03 AM

Nov 2020
Way better than the original version. You must avoid the original version which is absolute garbage.
Jan 20, 2023 6:38 PM

Aug 2019
What was this episode lol

Like okay while I did enjoy it for the most part, there were a few things that for some reason just don't sit well with me. Mainly, Van Winkle. Who is she? Why was she so all over the place? I legit couldn't tell if she was scared or happy to see Alucard in certain parts. And what was up with the animation in some parts? I like most of the animation here but it feels a bit off sometimes. Especially with Van Winkle. Does anyone else feel this way?

Apart from that though, I do like how we got more of a background for the main villains of this story and how it sets up the next conflict for the next few episodes. This was a confusing one but I'll keep watching for now
Feb 3, 2023 10:42 AM
Jan 2023
Perfect, to the last second
Jul 2, 2023 5:22 PM
Aug 2022
then krieg is what you shall have
Jul 14, 2023 12:39 PM
Jun 2023
The Nazi catboy was unexpected
Sep 20, 2023 10:12 PM

Nov 2016
A true masterpiece, even the "villain" is perfect.
The Future is only one idea away.

Oct 30, 2023 10:25 AM

Aug 2018
This episode really made me uncomfortable for real with Rip's death being the most gruesome so far, and yes this show is crazy dull and I'M ALL FOR IT.

I always view Alucard in this as the even more anti-hero protag than say, Ghost Rider (both have god-like powers and literally no one can match them).
Jan 20, 8:46 PM
Sep 2022
God damn I’m starting to hate Alucard more and more. Sure, Rip Van was far from a good person, but Alucard was just too much.

That ending tho, never thought I’d see an anime with a n*zi furry
Feb 19, 1:23 PM
Dec 2021
fine episode, brilliant last 10 minutes.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Apr 22, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.