Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2015 5:51 AM
Mar 2012
ronpdee said:
Loved the show, loved the OP and ED, and it looks like they just really took their time (with their thoughts that it can go for more than one season).

13 episodes aren't enough to introduce the others (from Pleiades to the other floor guardians) but I'm guessing there's S2 (hopefully) for that.

So far, I haven't seen Cocytus, Demiurge and Sebas, not to mention Ainz' creation as well, Pandora's Actor in action.

Ainz is just really OP with the play to win card. Not only that, he is very knowledgeable about it too, which makes things clearly one-sided. (It really is dangerous for online gamers to encounter p2w freaks who also know how to use them, makes you want to quit 'based on experience' lol)

if this gets a new season they will cover 2 vols that cover sebas and cocytus more and a vol which also lets demiurge a bit into the spotlight.
Sep 30, 2015 6:33 AM

Mar 2013
It was a nice watch.

Demiurge's face to Shalltear's worry was hilarious XD
And she looked kinda hawt with her hair down like that.

Tho, I've got some questions that I'm not sure or know about.

Sep 30, 2015 6:42 AM

Feb 2015
I think the anime did it's job and made people jump to the LN, if only I had that choice as well...
But the anime was awesome, yes it was slow but what isn't these days...The fight's made up for it and the gore also added to that, like the end fight, he took her arm off and that was brutal.
I can't really say I disliked any of the character's, I mean what we saw of them they were all awesome, including the best girl of the year..BEST GIRL OF THE YEAR HANDS-DOWNS

I cannot wait for season 2
9/10 from me
Sep 30, 2015 6:50 AM

Sep 2011
Absolutly amazing, best anime of the season.
8/10 for now
9/10 depending if it gains a second season or not and if the quality stands at it is or raises
Sep 30, 2015 7:41 AM

May 2013
Its all according to Ains' keikaku! Super effective.

7/10 would watch S2 but Madhouse is Madhouse.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 30, 2015 7:43 AM
Oct 2013
Demiurge's face looks epic lol

Sep 30, 2015 7:46 AM

Oct 2013
Meh, seriously all bad repercussions were removed because yay Ainz just resurrected the girl..... All possible emotional impact removed... well not like there would be any, those characters are about as developed as cardboard boxes.

Generally meh episode to a meh anime. If this gets a second season I will most likely pass on that... unless that season will be as bad as this one forcing me to watch it to kill time..

Also this episode being the ending is extra shit for essentially not resolving anything and feeling like just another episode of the series... if no season 2 then this is a terrible terrible ending.

The characters in this anime... for someone like me for who characters matter the most out of everything in anime this anime sucked dick character-wise... everyone is bland/uninteresting/annoying/generic....

5/10 series, average, and 'average anime' ain't exactly great. Although I gave it a 6/10 on my list due to the rest of my 5/10 anime being even worse...
AppoXSep 30, 2015 7:50 AM
I am a human.
Sep 30, 2015 8:28 AM

Jan 2013
mangamuscle said:
kyled00m said:
Honestly, the budget of an anime doesn't really affect how good a show will be.

Are you crazy or plain delusional?

Art =/= plot. Haven't you learned anything from Hunter x Hunter?
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Sep 30, 2015 8:36 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
was good I guess. 7/10 to the Anime.

Was somewhat rushed and lot of stuff felt as it needed explaining.. like that vampire girl ugly transformed weak.. which looked pathetic and simply had strength of ravage beast..

Then they ended it when stuff got finally a bit more complex.. and interesting.

Yeah would been better with 24 episodes.. or have it less rushed 12 episodes and make it 2 cour..
Sep 30, 2015 8:36 AM

Sep 2015
A disappointment. ;-;... Was expecting much more from Mad House. Hopefully there's a second season to alleviate for this season.
Sep 30, 2015 8:38 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It was good, yeah. But just ... good.
7/10.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 30, 2015 8:50 AM

Nov 2013
Meh, a bit underwhelming even at the end. Had potential at the start. Had some decent moments though, so a 6 from me.
Sep 30, 2015 8:54 AM

Jun 2010
Damn it man we need a season 2.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Sep 30, 2015 9:05 AM

Jul 2014
This was an alright final episode, but compared to how good most of the rest of the series was, it wasn't anything special. As a whole, more moments of Ains being an absolute badass would definitely be nice, and a season 2 is something that definitely needs to happen. If that fails, there's always the chance that the LNs will get licensed.

9/10
Sep 30, 2015 9:21 AM

Feb 2014
The best game-related anime. 10/10 but imo the animation was meh.
Sep 30, 2015 9:28 AM

Aug 2008
Awesome. That ending so epic and full of hype. All Guardians gathered. I'm guessing they plan to attack the Lizardman village. Season 2 please.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 30, 2015 9:42 AM

Jun 2015
for anyone that said this anime 9/10
u all have to read the light novel
it should more epic,there are so many part been cut
for me 6.5/10
Sep 30, 2015 9:44 AM

Dec 2008
I liked the anime throughout, but this last episode was incredibly meh.
Sep 30, 2015 9:57 AM

Jul 2009
iLove3P said:
Sequel or not, I kinda wish they'd make more shows similar to this. I'm pretty tired of the goody-hero ones.

I'd like to see this as well. I really wished they would just adapt things faithful to the source and give them longer durations. Well I guess I'll have to stick to reading the LN.

(p.s another light novel you could try with an OP antihero is Re:Monster)
Sep 30, 2015 10:26 AM

Dec 2013
Very good start, very. But last arc was the poop of all poops.
Sep 30, 2015 10:28 AM

Sep 2013
i want another season
Sep 30, 2015 10:41 AM

Aug 2015
Second season will be there I am pretty sure about it.I simply loved this anime.This anime was one of the greatest '' online game based ''.I enjoyed every moment of it.And fighting scene between Shalltear and Supreme being was well made.Ains sama is Over Powered and mostly that kind of appearences always annoys me somehow but it was a diffrent case with Ains-Sama.He earned my sympathy.
Sep 30, 2015 10:44 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The Shalltear ressurection and the immediate aftermath were the greatest scenes in Overlord for me. That was really sweet :)

Really hard to say now if this gets a second season or not. It does sell well and more things were teased in the final episode, but it's Madhouse.

7/10
Sep 30, 2015 10:44 AM

Feb 2008
Eh, it was pretty average. Interesting concept, but it really didn't hit hard enough on a lot. 6/10.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Sep 30, 2015 10:55 AM
Jan 2015
For an adventure anime there is not enough adventureing going on and by far the worst aspect that broke the tension was the mmo-babbel that started in the second half. It was a really nice anime at first but then plummeted continuously. What a shame.
If the first season would have been, that he gathers new factions an commrades for his castle that would have set a nice stage but like this.
For the first halve 7/10 for the second one 4/10
Sep 30, 2015 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
All that talking between their fight made it kind of boring, I mean I appreciate the explanations but I wish it was done after or so just so that it wouldn't kill the tension. Pretty good season overall even though the pacing felt odd at times.
Sep 30, 2015 11:10 AM
Feb 2011
p2w too strong in this one.

Overall, I really did enjoy this, especially the first half. This Shalltear arc on the other hand... It was ok for the most part part, but the beginning really really seemed way too rushed. The battle was ok, though I wish the animation for the spells of highest tier had been better.
Sep 30, 2015 11:16 AM
Jul 2015
Pretty good anime, the only thing that I didn't like is the subpar animation and maybe some of this boring moments(shalltear,big hamster). Overall 7/10.
I will definitely watch next season.
Sep 30, 2015 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
On my 2nd watch this screams season 2 X
ALL THAT LIZARDMEN HYPE!!!!!
"let us purge them my siege"

I hope nobody actually taught shalltear stood a chance XD

YOOOOOO
Vol 8 HYPE!!!

Ainz is so lonely :'(
The npc's are still no replacement for his guild mates :'(

Sep 30, 2015 12:09 PM

Jul 2009
ichii_1 said:

I don't think that's quite accurate... Ainz gives the impression of an outcast/solo-player. A lot of things could have been attributed to him putting his hand up and then down.

I believe the NPCs are the only ones that can be a replacement for his 40 guild mates. They reflect their creators because all the NPCs were made by the 41 members and everyone made at least 1 NPC from what I understand. I believe he had complicated feelings about going to the NPCs because they cannot be replacements by they can be his new "family".
Sep 30, 2015 12:10 PM

Dec 2013
dfsafsaf said:
p2w too strong in this one.

Overall, I really did enjoy this, especially the first half. This Shalltear arc on the other hand... It was ok for the most part part, but the beginning really really seemed way too rushed. The battle was ok, though I wish the animation for the spells of highest tier had been better.

Agree. I feel like the anime started with the right pace and it kept slowing down until the last fight. There were some ep inbetween that made me a bit bored tbh :o
Sep 30, 2015 12:11 PM

Apr 2008
kyled00m said:
ichii_1 said:

I don't think that's quite accurate... Ainz gives the impression of an outcast/solo-player. A lot of things could have been attributed to him putting his hand up and then down.

I believe the NPCs are the only ones that can be a replacement for his 40 guild mates. They reflect their creators because all the NPCs were made by the 41 members and everyone made at least 1 NPC from what I understand. I believe he had complicated feelings about going to the NPCs because they cannot be replacements by they can be his new "family".

Albedo definitely picked up on those feelings though. The way she pulled him over to them.
Sep 30, 2015 12:21 PM

Jul 2009
Darklight0303 said:
kyled00m said:

Albedo definitely picked up on those feelings though. The way she pulled him over to them.
I know right!? Albedo is definitely the pussyheart of Ainz Ooal Gown!
Sep 30, 2015 12:38 PM

Jul 2011
was i the only that instantly said "you never had it in the first place"?

p.s.: guy up above: no, you don't get it, ainz isn't in sao-like state, is 100% phisically an undead.
if the world he lived inb before still exist then yes, his body would be a problem, in that world, but he has no reason to care, he now lives full in this new world, he doesn't lack anything other than what would come from the change of body.
Sep 30, 2015 12:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Started strongly but got pretty boring towards the end to be honest. I think one has to be a hardcore gamer or manga reader to get the most out of this show. Towards the end I think I was mostly watching to see Albedo, LOL.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 30, 2015 12:54 PM

May 2015
Great final episode. Sad to see it's over, since I absolutely enjoyed watching this show, although it started kinda weak, but gradually became great, although indeed the pacing was kinda off at some points. Nonetheless, definitely a show I enjoyed this season. 9/10. Hoping for another season. I'll miss Albedo ):

Anyone knows how much material was adapted?

Sep 30, 2015 1:34 PM

Dec 2014
A sequel would be nice, but Madhouse.

Good watch though.
Sep 30, 2015 1:35 PM
Sep 2013
Better than SAO and LH (both seasons). Ains makes Kirito and Shiroe look and act like babies.

8/10
Sep 30, 2015 1:37 PM

Apr 2008
Reverberate__ said:
Great final episode. Sad to see it's over, since I absolutely enjoyed watching this show, although it started kinda weak, but gradually became great, although indeed the pacing was kinda off at some points. Nonetheless, definitely a show I enjoyed this season. 9/10. Hoping for another season. I'll miss Albedo ):

Anyone knows how much material was adapted?

3 volumes out of 9 that are out so far
Sep 30, 2015 1:40 PM

Jan 2013
that was surprisingly epic

now this is a mmo themed anime done right
Sep 30, 2015 1:41 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Awesome episode in my eyes. Now the manga only needs to catch up to the LN!! :3

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Sep 30, 2015 1:53 PM

Jan 2013
Epicenter said:
Overrated, but a good watch.

i dont think you get what overrated means
Sep 30, 2015 2:07 PM

Apr 2013
Poor Lord Ains, he misses his guildmates so much that he's always thinking about them. And instead of guildies he can hang with as peers, he's stuck with a bunch of lickspittle NPCs.

Pretty good final episode, although the last bit was a little confusing, there was a few characters i didn't know or forgot about. No doubt they will show up more in the second season.
Sep 30, 2015 2:14 PM

Nov 2008
i thought the anime was great, would love to see a season 2 of this for sure.

Sep 30, 2015 2:23 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty mediocre. I guess this anime was an alright waste of time.

5,2/10.
Sep 30, 2015 2:48 PM

Jun 2009
curzon17 said:
Poor Lord Ains, he misses his guildmates so much that he's always thinking about them. And instead of guildies he can hang with as peers, he's stuck with a bunch of lickspittle NPCs.

Sep 30, 2015 3:11 PM

Sep 2013
kyled00m said:
ichii_1 said:

[imghttps://31.media.tumblr.com/89d8dc08e7837e300413e3a1d6eaa6da/tumblr_nvh0a1ioKl1rm7acxo2_540.gif[/img]

They are family but they cannot be his friends which is what he wants.
Their servant attitudes prevents that, and his restricted emotions makes it hard to make friends if he can even make friends since liches seem really bias against everything except their previous memories when they were alive.
Sep 30, 2015 3:13 PM
Mar 2013
how many volumes did the anime cover?
Sep 30, 2015 3:28 PM
Oct 2013
Schnarf said:
how many volumes did the anime cover?

3 volume. Currently the LN has reached vol. 9
See how much material available for second season? Too bad it's Madhouse that we're talking about.
Sep 30, 2015 3:41 PM

Jul 2009
ichii_1 said:
kyled00m said:

They are family but they cannot be his friends which is what he wants.
Their servant attitudes prevents that, and his restricted emotions makes it hard to make friends if he can even make friends since liches seem really bias against everything except their previous memories when they were alive.
What are you saying? There are plenty of realistic and LN/manga/anime scenarios where people can be both friend/family and servant-master. To say it's impossible or unlikely is a joke. They may have their base NPC profile, but they have gained awareness and will in this new world. Albedo didn't stop trying to persuade Ainz to not to fight Shalltear even after he ordered her that he was going... That was NOT in her NPC profile. They can and will change. Another example is Pandora's Actor's profile determined how he will speak and Ainz told him to change it. I'm expecting him to change.

Ainz(Momonga)'s emotions are not limited merely by being undead. We don't know what is limiting his emotions but it's clear that his emotions can manifest. He can be happy, fearful, sad, horny, angry, etc however if it becomes too powerful, it gets forcefully pushed down. To explain this in an easier fashion, think of all emotions having a 1~10 scale and when an emotion reaches 7 or higher, they get pushed down.
(Spoiler:)

I don't believe Ainz is even trying to make friends so why would you bring that up. Safety is the most important thing and Ainz hasn't felt safe since he woke up as his in-game character in Nazarick. This incident with Shalltear has instilled a deep fear in him and I doubt he'll want to make any friends from this point forward... You do not need emotions to make friends, just the desire or determination to make friends.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

240 by Gooliver »»
May 5, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2015

283 by RayousSR »»
Apr 23, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

368 by mustiest »»
Apr 17, 8:09 PM

» Why do people compare this show to SAO? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Jan 8

58 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 31, 3:47 PM

» Why is shalltear stronger than Ainz??

SkyVongolaPrimo - Oct 20, 2015

16 by janreycampo »»
Mar 27, 10:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.