Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2009 10:21 PM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find it fairly amusing that the writers tend to remember the small stuff they set up. First, with the twins (I honestly thought that was a filler episode until they appeared again on the next one as crew!), and then again with the bomb-present (Could NOT stop laughing when Tylor handed it off to the enemy captain; you HAD to know what was coming). Nope, no sir, no loose ends here. :)
KinetaNov 25, 2012 10:47 AM
Just my two cents.
Feb 6, 2010 2:53 PM

Nov 2009
Poor Raalgon captain and his fleet... He simply shouldn't have been opening that present.
storm-12Feb 7, 2010 7:33 AM
Jun 29, 2011 10:45 AM

Apr 2009
Wait, that was a fluke... Man I keep forgetting this series is a comedy since I tend to become serious when it comes to watching space battles. >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 29, 2012 12:23 PM
Dec 2010
haha i like this anime it's so untypical. You know it's usually some uber super clever guy or power ups that allows to win battles in anime but Tylor is different, he has no need for power ups he wins even if he doesn't want to, one lucky bastard XD
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Dec 19, 2012 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
I'm rewatching the series right now after so many years, and man, my sides are hurting!

I just love how Tylor inadvertantly angers Yamamoto who's already fed up with his irresponsible behavior. "Yamamoto-taisa, I hope that you one day get promoted and experience how great it feels to be captain!" Man, that was cruel XD
Mar 4, 2014 7:28 AM

Jun 2013
Ha ha, Lol. Man You have to Love Tylor...Or Hate Him...Or More Likely both...He Is Good Man, Who Just Want to take it Easy. And Does not Even Lose his Cool when Faced on Coup D'etat...And Even in the End, WIns Their Loyalty (somewhat) By his Either Lucky, Dumb, or Irresponsible Actions...Just Like TV Trope SIte Says....It is for Each Viewer To Decide, is He Truly Secret Genius, Or Just Dumb Lucky Bastard!!! XD

Hayayandere said:

I just love how Tylor inadvertantly angers Yamamoto who's already fed up with his irresponsible behavior. "Yamamoto-taisa, I hope that you one day get promoted and experience how great it feels to be captain!" Man, that was cruel XD

That is one thing i Agree, it is Funny But Very Cruel!!!

ScrewBall said:
I find it fairly amusing that the writers tend to remember the small stuff they set up. First, with the twins (I honestly thought that was a filler episode until they appeared again on the next one as crew!), and then again with the bomb-present (Could NOT stop laughing when Tylor handed it off to the enemy captain; you HAD to know what was coming). Nope, no sir, no loose ends here. :)
Agree also for this, it is really Nice how they tie Things together... I am Really happy that I found This 90ties "Pearl" In 2014...there is so few Animes left that are made like this...There is Good Series and animes...But these kind of 90ties Animes has Sometime Just So Much More Soul in them that present day Anime's, or at least that is what I think for some of the Series.

So Now even Leadership of the Empire got Interested on Tylor? Let's see if He Can Brake the Proper acting of Dom...and Will He Use those Move he used in that Fem. A.I. And How will Empress answer!!! XD
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 21, 2014 3:57 PM

Apr 2011
whoever wrote this series is just a genious.
Nov 16, 2014 5:07 PM

Jun 2010
Well, they killed off the evil vizier character already! That leaves us without someone to fill the role of villain, except possible that one Earth admiral who seems like a jerk.
Mar 10, 2015 1:36 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I never expected Tylor to give them the box. LOL. The accidental genius.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 27, 2015 12:38 PM

Jun 2014
Lmao. I can't stop laughing.
now im looking forward for Princess and Tylor meeting
May 15, 2015 10:39 PM

Aug 2013
Once again Tylor's proves to be an accidental genius.
Aug 9, 2015 8:47 AM

Sep 2014
Lucky fool or Magnificent Bastard? EP 4.

Plot: The crew continue to act crazy but the appearance of enemy ships kinda bring them together. And in the end, Tylor saves the day.

Character: It's a conflict of character this time among the crew. Yuriko shows that she might be the most compassionate considering her thoughts on War despite her relationship with Tylor. Yamato continues his stride as a military man through and through. And the even the marines show some good traits underneath.

Animation/sound: All good.

4/5. Making love is the best after all. Not war. Didn't these guys listen to the song?

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Nov 5, 2017 10:27 PM

Apr 2013
This is fairly enjoyable. Now that the setting is behind us, i'm guessing most of the next episodes will feature more such battles which Tylor wins through luck and idiocy.
Though i'm not sure if the enjoyment and fun will be able to last for 22 more episodes, as the comedy might become stale or repetitive.
Dec 12, 2017 1:07 PM

Apr 2012
This anime is so idiotic, pretty good.
Sep 5, 2018 1:35 PM
Sep 2007
"Who cares about pride? Dying's not fun, let's just surrender!" - I think actually a lot of non-officer soldiers would agree with you on this, captain...Or at least I would, that's why I never actually joined the military (among othet things).
Dec 20, 2018 1:17 PM
Jul 2013
korsarz said:
"Who cares about pride? Dying's not fun, let's just surrender!" - I think actually a lot of non-officer soldiers would agree with you on this, captain...Or at least I would, that's why I never actually joined the military (among othet things).

Considering Tylor's lust for life and women, it's only natural that he is a pacifist.
As for joining the military, well you and I were both lucky enough to be born in time and place, where we had the choice. It wasn't that long ago since Poland has abandoned mandatory military service.
Dec 20, 2018 2:22 PM
Sep 2007
matheoo41 said:
korsarz said:

Considering Tylor's lust for life and women, it's only natural that he is a pacifist.
As for joining the military, well you and I were both lucky enough to be born in time and place, where we had the choice. It wasn't that long ago since Poland has abandoned mandatory military service.

Well, I was one of the last generations that still had mandatory military service, I had to make some papers to get out of it (it was 2005)...
korsarzDec 21, 2018 12:34 AM
May 8, 2020 12:12 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to see the crew unite against a common enemy, but they really put a lot of faith in Tylor pretty big mistake

Jul 27, 2022 2:28 PM

Mar 2013
Tylor pisses me off big time, at least he makes up for his stupidity with luck lmao
Sep 26, 2023 10:35 PM

Sep 2018
So far I honestly don't understand the appeal of this show at all, the entire show is just this one note joke that isn't even funny in the first place and the MC is extremely annoying in how stupid he is.
Usually I like dumb old school anime but this is too much even for me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 23 Discussion

Beatnik - May 29, 2008

34 by xthewarwithinx »»
Apr 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 6 Discussion

storm-12 - Feb 7, 2010

9 by wallus81 »»
Mar 14, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 5 Discussion

storm-12 - Feb 7, 2010

10 by wallus81 »»
Mar 14, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 1 Discussion

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

18 by apbooyah »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 11 Discussion

ScrewBall - Dec 20, 2009

11 by YokaiVapor »»
Jul 6, 2023 9:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.