Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2015 8:38 AM

Sep 2009
Am I the only one who was expecting an anime original ending? I mean I read the manga since the first volume and think the way they moved on Drei was good and completely understand where many people are coming from. But I felt that an anime original ending was coming anyway. I don't think they had planned Drei for a while to let the manga get ahead (even when they do adapt it it will only be up to the end Shirou fight).

it works for anime only viewer as well as they won't have to wait for the next series.

I can even see the first episode with the 2 bad girls (forget their name) coming and basically having this big fight and kidnapping miyu.
Sep 26, 2015 9:08 AM

Apr 2010
I expected an AO ending if they weren't going to announce 3rei.
I didn't expect an AO ending if they were planning on doing 3rei.
Also the manga is already significantly ahead with the pace they adapt it.
komic said:
it works for anime only viewer as well as they won't have to wait for the next series.

No. It included a half-assed cliffhanger and announced another season. Fans of the anime will come be back for more. All the AO ending accomplished was open up plot holes and give anime onries false expectations of what the series is going to be. Unless of course they go completely AO content from now on.
Sep 26, 2015 10:07 AM

Jul 2013
For my part, I didn't expect one and I was thinking that the original scenes were a dream of Illya and she would wake up

Like in the manga.
Sep 26, 2015 12:01 PM

Jul 2007
No. the AO ending would make sense if they did not announce 3rei.

This just makes it seem like japanese are afraid of cliffhangers.
And gives of wrong impression to anime onlies who will expect more "sol loli yuri fanservice"
Sep 26, 2015 3:25 PM

Oct 2012
I still don't get it why you don't understand the fact that "sol loli yuri fanservice" is main marketing point of this show. It's sells and that's the reason there is abundance of it, people are simply expecting it.

I honestly doubt they won't include any of it in upcoming season 4 even if they have to bend the story.
People need to finally understand that anime and manga mediums are different and what works pretty well there doesn't have to necessarilly work here.

Don't make this adaptation into something it isn't. It's not like there is any deep plot going on anyway.
Sep 26, 2015 4:13 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:
I still don't get it why you don't understand the fact that "sol loli yuri fanservice" is main marketing point of this show. It's sells and that's the reason there is abundance of it, people are simply expecting it.

I honestly doubt they won't include any of it in upcoming season 4 even if they have to bend the story.
People need to finally understand that anime and manga mediums are different and what works pretty well there doesn't have to necessarilly work here.

Don't make this adaptation into something it isn't. It's not like there is any deep plot going on anyway.

Please do try to explain what this adaptation and story is, since you apparently claim to know better than the mangaka, who very clearly steered story in the opposite direction from what you want it to be.
Sep 26, 2015 4:31 PM

Oct 2012
CookingPriest said:
Please do try to explain what this adaptation and story is, since you apparently claim to know better than the mangaka, who very clearly steered story in the opposite direction from what you want it to be.

This is something I already did in the previous episode thread. I'm saying here that anime and manga of Prillya are fundamentally different, manga is targetted solely at T-M fans while the anime demographics is made of fans of sol, lolis and yuri (with small but vocal group of T-M fans) and Silver Link is doing the show with that in mind.

And as for whole Prillya - it was and always will be lighthearted show that can be considered fanservice/reference spin-off based on more serious original. And it's good enough for what it does. But it would be certainly foolish to think it's more than that as no copy can surpass its original (well..).
Sep 26, 2015 4:38 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:

This is something I already did in the previous episode thread. I'm saying here that anime and manga of Prillya are fundamentally different, manga is targetted solely at T-M fans while the anime demographics is made of fans of sol, lolis and yuri (with small but vocal group of T-M fans) and Silver Link is doing the show with that in mind.

And yet somehow it is completely faithful adaptation. Hmm, strange.
ALso no, it is targeted at TM fans. They would not bother recreating certain things from VN otherwise.

And as for whole Prillya - it was and always will be lighthearted show that can be considered fanservice/reference spin-off based on more serious original. And it's good enough for what it does. But it would be certainly foolish to think it's more than that as no copy can surpass its original (well..).

Again no.
I am going to assume you have not read the VN and know nothing about the franchise or you would know that Prillya is pretty much the same in terms of tone as the original. And in terms of structure it is identical to the VN.

This bit was especially funny:
And as for whole Prillya - it was and always will be lighthearted show that can be considered fanservice/reference spin-off based on more serious original.

Considering, you know, entire second half of first season , entire second half of 2wei, entirety of 3rei.

Also it is factually not a spin off.

Maybe I should now go around claiming that since first four or so days of fate route is pretty much SOL adventures, FSN has no right to do anything serious because OBVIOUSLY it is lighthearted.
AhenshihaelSep 26, 2015 4:45 PM
Sep 26, 2015 5:57 PM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
Mich666 said:

And yet somehow it is completely faithful adaptation. Hmm, strange.
ALso no, it is targeted at TM fans. They would not bother recreating certain things from VN otherwise.

Again no.
I am going to assume you have not read the VN and know nothing about the franchise or you would know that Prillya is pretty much the same in terms of tone as the original. And in terms of structure it is identical to the VN.

This bit was especially funny:
And as for whole Prillya - it was and always will be lighthearted show that can be considered fanservice/reference spin-off based on more serious original.

Considering, you know, entire second half of first season , entire second half of 2wei, entirety of 3rei.

Also it is factually not a spin off.

Maybe I should now go around claiming that since first four or so days of fate route is pretty much SOL adventures, FSN has no right to do anything serious because OBVIOUSLY it is lighthearted.

Prillya is not a spin off? How come?

Also if it's mainly targeted at TM fans explain why every merchandise, BD, extra material, omakes, etc are targeted to teh lolicon crowd?
I don't deny that TM fans are part of the audience that watches Prisma, but Silver Link obviously focuses on the other crowd more
Sep 28, 2015 9:14 AM

May 2014
> Implying TM fans are not lolicons
Sep 28, 2015 9:30 AM

Mar 2015
WrongPriest said:

some of them are both, some are either one or the other

If you are both, then you get the best of both worlds in the Prisma anime
Oct 1, 2015 1:52 AM

May 2014
MightyM16 said:
WrongPriest said:

But the manga's just as bad lel

Or at least much of a muchness
Oct 1, 2015 9:57 AM

Mar 2015
WrongPriest said:
MightyM16 said:

But the manga's just as bad lel

Or at least much of a muchness

not as bad as the anime at least
Oct 4, 2015 7:44 PM

May 2013
MightyM16 said:

Because Nasu has acknowledged Prisma Illya as the 4th route (Illya's route) in Fate/Stay Night, so if you call it a spin-off you must also label UBW and Heaven's Feel as spin-offs.
Oct 4, 2015 8:21 PM

Mar 2015
mangamuscle said:
MightyM16 said:

Because Nasu has acknowledged Prisma Illya as the 4th route (Illya's route) in Fate/Stay Night, so if you call it a spin-off you must also label UBW and Heaven's Feel as spin-offs.

Prillya, the Illya route?

pls
That was a joke
Oct 4, 2015 9:28 PM

May 2013
MightyM16 said:
mangamuscle said:

pls
That was a joke

Then the joke is on you:

http://tsukikan.com/misc/kinoko-and-takashi-q-a-fate-stay-night-unlimited-blade-works.html
Oct 5, 2015 2:02 AM

Aug 2014
That was in fact still a joke, so I don't know why you're using it as a statement of fact.
Oct 5, 2015 6:37 AM

Mar 2015
mangamuscle said:
MightyM16 said:

pls
That was a joke

Then the joke is on you:

http://tsukikan.com/misc/kinoko-and-takashi-q-a-fate-stay-night-unlimited-blade-works.html

So what ?

I knew of this interview

Still a joke btw :V
Oct 5, 2015 6:38 AM

Feb 2015
mangamuscle said:
MightyM16 said:

pls
That was a joke

Then the joke is on you:

Uh no,that was a joke
Oct 5, 2015 11:39 AM

May 2013
Insertanamehere said:
That was in fact still a joke, so I don't know why you're using it as a statement of fact.

laidellent said:
Uh no,that was a joke

So just because you disagree with Nasu you call it a joke? This is not an rpg where you can say "I attempt to disbelieve" to negate an illusion.
Oct 5, 2015 6:09 PM

Mar 2015
mangamuscle said:
Insertanamehere said:

laidellent said:
Uh no,that was a joke

So just because you disagree with Nasu you call it a joke? This is not an rpg where you can say "I attempt to disbelieve" to negate an illusion.

No, it was a joke.
Nasu was only kidding when he said Prillya is the Illya route he couldn't make

It's not a question of disagreeing, it's a question of you not understanding it was a joke and thinking Nasu actually considers Prisma as the "real deal" Illya route
Oct 5, 2015 6:52 PM

May 2013
MightyM16 said:
mangamuscle said:

No, it was a joke.

It's not a question of disagreeing, it's a question of you not understanding it was a joke and thinking Nasu actually considers Prisma as the "real deal" Illya route

To me it looks you people are in complete denial, delusionally thinking Nasu (or someone else at Type Moon) will make an Illya route, therefore this must be a joke -_-;

Since no matter how I look at it, we both read the same text and it is clearly not a joke.
Oct 5, 2015 7:49 PM

Aug 2010
To be fair, the interview is filled with serious answers mixed in with joke answers (rocket launcher Gandr lol).
On the other hand, sentences like "Of course. Someone was bound to finish what I can't do myself. Humans are amazing beings!" just reinforces that he was joking.
Oct 5, 2015 7:54 PM

Aug 2014
An actual Illya route would be one that diverges from within the events of Fate/Stay Night. Kaleid Liner doesn't, so it is not an actual Illya route.
Oct 5, 2015 8:02 PM

May 2013
astroprogs said:
To be fair, the interview is filled with serious answers mixed in with joke answers (rocket launcher Gandr lol).
On the other hand, sentences like "Of course. Someone was bound to finish what I can't do myself. Humans are amazing beings!" just reinforces that he was joking.

I will grant that he was being playful, but that does not mean he was not talking seriously, haven't you seen interviews where they are jolly and even laughing while talking about serious stuff?

Insertanamehere said:
An actual Illya route would be one that diverges from within the events of Fate/Stay Night. Kaleid Liner doesn't, so it is not an actual Illya route.

Would like a photo of the stone where said rules were carved.
Oct 5, 2015 8:09 PM

Aug 2014
well you see
thats the definition of a route bruv
Oct 5, 2015 11:58 PM

Jul 2007
Insertanamehere said:
well you see

So it is not route of FSN.

But it is a route of fate branch, just like Apo technically is "Jeanne Route".
Oct 6, 2015 9:19 AM

Aug 2014
It's not the "Illya route" which was his assertion.

(also nobody calls Apo that)
Oct 6, 2015 11:21 AM

May 2013
Insertanamehere said:
well you see

Your definition is artificial, you will not find it in any book. The only thing that prevents this being translated into a visual novel is that the manga is not over (and will probably will not for years to come).
Oct 6, 2015 12:27 PM

Mar 2015
mangamuscle said:
MightyM16 said:

No, it was a joke.

To me it looks you people are in complete denial, delusionally thinking Nasu (or someone else at Type Moon) will make an Illya route, therefore this must be a joke -_-;

Since no matter how I look at it, we both read the same text and it is clearly not a joke.

It is a joke, it's just that something is making you unable to perceive the fact that Nasu was only kidding specially because as you see, most other people here recognize the fact that it was a joke :V

Prillya is a spin off, idk if you consider it canon or not ( I don't) but it's not Illya's route not now not ever

mangamuscle said:
Insertanamehere said:
well you see

Your definition is artificial, you will not find it in any book. The only thing that prevents this being translated into a visual novel is that the manga is not over (and will probably will not for years to come).

It's not really artificial, it's in freaking the VN, all routes begin essentially the same and then later they progress through different paths due to choices made by the protagonist. The Illya route was scratched and then united together with Heaven's Feel, that's it.

And even if Prillya was canon it's not the Illya route just because of it's focus on Illya or whatever, that's like saying Type moon april fools 2013 is Sacchin route
MightyM16Oct 6, 2015 1:01 PM
Oct 6, 2015 12:29 PM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:
well you see

So it is not route of FSN.

But it is a route of fate branch, just like Apo technically is "Jeanne Route".

First time I heard someone call Apo that tbh
Oct 6, 2015 2:47 PM

May 2013
MightyM16 said:
It is a joke, it's just that something is making you unable to perceive the fact that Nasu was only kidding specially because as you see, most other people here recognize the fact that it was a joke :V

The "one million people here cannot be wrong" argument, priceless, as people minds had magical powers that restructured reality depending on the number that denied facts.

Prillya is a spin off, idk if you consider
it canon or not ( I don't) but it's not Illya's route not now not ever

I see you hard at work denying reality.

And even if Prillya was canon it's not the Illya route just because of it's focus on Illya or whatever, that's like saying Type moon april fools 2013 is Sacchin route

Apples and oranges, all I am saying is that Nasu meant what he said (whether he did not want or lacked the drive to make a 4th route is anyone's guess), nothing more, nothing less.
mangamuscleOct 6, 2015 2:50 PM
Oct 6, 2015 3:21 PM

Mar 2015
mangamuscle said:

The "one million people here cannot be wrong" argument, priceless, as people minds had magical powers that restructured reality depending on the number that denied facts.

And apparently only you know what's the truth, if that's not being conceited I don't know what else is

I see you hard at work denying reality.

I see yours in trying to keep up with your disillusion

Apples and oranges, all I am saying is that Nasu meant what he said (whether he did not want or lacked the drive to make a 4th route is anyone's guess), nothing more, nothing less.
[/quote]

And on what basis you say that? Me and multiple other users here indentified he was joking because of what he said and the way he addressed the statement

It's also known that Illya route was united with Sakura route and became part of Heaven's Feel

Gg and wake up to reality
Oct 7, 2015 12:16 AM

Aug 2014
mangamuscle said:
Insertanamehere said:
well you see

There was an actual Illya route being written. It wasn't Prisma Illya. Hence, Kaleid Liner is not the Illya route.

The Illya route would've been a route focusing on Illya, presumably with romance (bleargh) but Shirou would still be the MC. F/SN's Illya route is not Prismna Illya.
A route is a path in a VN, to use a really simple definition. And Prillya is not in, and does not fit in with, F/SN.
mangamuscle said:

And Hiroyama said otherwise, but I've yet to see you mention that.
Oct 7, 2015 3:16 AM

Jul 2007
Insertanamehere said:

And Hiroyama said otherwise, but I've yet to see you mention that.

> Nasu says something
"Oh its totes a joke"
> KALMIA is being humble and makes a joke
"HE TOTALLY WAS SERIOUS ANd MEANT WHAT HE SAID"

Dat consistency.
Oct 8, 2015 6:28 PM

May 2013
MightyM16 said:
And apparently only you know what's the truth, if that's not being conceited I don't know what else is

Usually a person knowing the truth while a bunch called him names is called a visionary :p

Whoa, you are projecting your own feelings HARD.

And on what basis you say that? Me and multiple other users here identified he was joking because of what he said and the way he addressed the statement

It's also known that Illya route was united with Sakura route and became part of Heaven's Feel

It is a known fact that Nasu's route for Illya route was unfinished and merged into Sakura's route. Yet knowing that fact, years later some people still call for (another) route for Illya. Matter of fact they are praying for a (non magical girl) Illya route and shooting down anyone that says otherwise. If down the line Type Moon decides to milk the franchise (and hire some other writer, since Nasu would have already wrote it if he really wanted) and do another Illya route, I lose nothing, I might even be entertained if they make it into a TV series or OVA. But if years later the only Illya route still is Prisma, said fans will be disillusioned (or even heart broken).

So, the longer you evade reality, the harder it will hit you.
Oct 8, 2015 8:18 PM

Mar 2015
mangamuscle said:
MightyM16 said:

Usually a person knowing the truth while a bunch called him names is called a visionary :p

Whoa, you are projecting your own feelings HARD.

And on what basis you say that? Me and multiple other users here identified he was joking because of what he said and the way he addressed the statement

It is a known fact that Nasu's route for Illya route was unfinished and merged into Sakura's route. Yet knowing that fact, years later some people still call for (another) route for Illya. Matter of fact they are praying for a (non magical girl) Illya route and shooting down anyone that says otherwise. If down the line Type Moon decides to milk the franchise (and hire some other writer, since Nasu would have already wrote it if he really wanted) and do another Illya route, I lose nothing, I might even be entertained if they make it into a TV series or OVA. But if years later the only Illya route still is Prisma, said fans will be disillusioned (or even heart broken).

1-Yep, you are totally conceited
2- I'm not the one who is hiding his whole argumentation behind a statement that is a joke here m8
3-Prisma is not Illya's route. Its a spin off and only that smfh
4- I could care less about an Illya route, not a fan of lolis as love interests

So, the longer you evade reality, the harder it will hit you

Funny how this statement fits you
MightyM16Oct 8, 2015 8:30 PM
Oct 8, 2015 11:14 PM

May 2013
MightyM16 said:
4- I could care less about an Illya route, not a fan of lolis as love interests

The nile so vast, as to be ever present.
Oct 9, 2015 1:55 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:

> Nasu says something
"Oh its totes a joke"
> KALMIA is being humble and makes a joke
"HE TOTALLY WAS SERIOUS ANd MEANT WHAT HE SAID"
Dat consistency.

Nasu: "lel illya route haha guyz stop asking me this question uh idk what to say xd theres this thing called prisma illya have you heard of it go read it lolol my epic dodges"

Hiroyama: "Blabla powerlevels but dont consider it the same you do the other works somethingsomething"

yeah totally the same thing

also don't you think its kind of weird you hero worship hiroyama while talking about ufotable targeting otaku with their ass shots
because its kind of weird
mangamuscle said:

The nile so vast, as to be ever present.

And illya route would be pretty awful as far as romance goes, isn't something I want to see and prisma isn't the illya route regardless.

I mean if you're implying he's lying when he doesn't want an Illya route, then you may want to consider not everyone is attracted to elementary school children.
InsertanamehereOct 9, 2015 1:58 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2015

75 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

170 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 4, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

97 by Karva1 »»
Feb 21, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2015

55 by Karva1 »»
Feb 21, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

85 by Karva1 »»
Feb 20, 10:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.