Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2015 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
IT'S SHOWTIME.

This was a rather entertaining episode. I think it's mostly because of Dennis and then there's one of my favorite duelist in the series, Kurosaki. Dennis' pendulum combos is awesome especially with overlay and his Entermage.

I think the duel bought back some of Yuya's bad memories about one of Kurosaki's previous duels. Dennis getting serious now :o

Scary...
Stark700Sep 20, 2015 1:58 AM
Sep 20, 2015 2:03 AM

Apr 2014
show must go on

i love you dennis pull a seriously overkill OTK attempt to shun,too bad shun got his card backrow cover.

what the mind blow episode another new ancient gear fusion with 4500 wonder what new effect this one has aside from usual ultimate ancient gear golem fusion card.

confirm More EnterMage pendulum support lol.
Sep 20, 2015 3:05 AM

Oct 2014
Meh, Ancient Gears again. I was expecting some overpowered evil Entermage Fusion clown, not this. Guess Dennis is just another Obelisk Force fodder.
Sep 20, 2015 3:56 AM
Apr 2013
Dennis finally revealed his true colour! I've been waiting for this like forever!
So, "someone" who is observing the duel from afar is Sora. Sora will appear in the next episode… I guess he's not satisfied until he turn Shun into card. When I saw Sora in the preview, for a moment I was disappointed that the "teen" that approached Dennis is not Yuri, but then I remembered the spoiler for the next episode:

So there's still hope that Yuri will appear again! Yuri! I'll wait for you! XD
Sep 20, 2015 4:00 AM
Apr 2013
RayofVictory said:
Meh, Ancient Gears again. I was expecting some overpowered evil Entermage Fusion clown, not this. Guess Dennis is just another Obelisk Force fodder.

The director or animation staff or such perhaps decided for Dennis to use Ancient Gears to show that he is from Academia since Ancient Gears became somewhat trademark cards of the Academia. And since the majority of Monsters that attacked Heartland were Ancient Gears, the Ancient Gears etched deeply in Shun's memories.
Sep 20, 2015 7:36 AM

Oct 2014
Frost190 said:
RayofVictory said:

The director or animation staff or such perhaps decided for Dennis to use Ancient Gears to show that he is from Academia since Ancient Gears became somewhat trademark cards of the Academia. And since the majority of Monsters that attacked Heartland were Ancient Gears, the Ancient Gears etched deeply in Shun's memories.

Still, I'm a little disappointed. I expected Dennis to be some high ranking soldier like Yuri or Sora, but he turned out to be just some Obelisk Force grunt.
Sep 20, 2015 8:54 AM
Aug 2014
Was a bit disappointed that Ancient Gears were thrown into Dennis' deck, but I guess it makes sense since they had to emphasize that he was from Academia instead of some random Standard LDS student. (Remember, Reira and Reiji both can use multiple summons and aren't suspected)

That said, the duel is great so far! Everyone basically knew Dennis was an Academia spy, but I was surprised how soon he revealed himself. Not only that, ,but there's a brand new Ancient Gear boss monster! Considering how difficult it is to summon (The required monsters seem obnoxious to summon consistently), that Ancient Gear monster definitely deserves the 4500 ATK!

And then, the episode ends with Dennis' eerie quote "Now, let's start the hunting game..."
Sep 20, 2015 8:55 AM

Dec 2012
i thought we would only had the opening feat all protagonists for once?
but wow
Sep 20, 2015 3:54 PM
Apr 2013
Omnisword said:
i thought we would only had the opening feat all protagonists for once?
but wow

Most likely it will continue until episode 76 where we will get to see new OP and ED.

By the by, the next episode preview is short, right? This is the link to watch the extended preview:
Miya190Sep 21, 2015 3:53 AM
Sep 22, 2015 3:31 AM

Aug 2014
Best duel in Synchro arc so far. Shun always got the best duel. Can't wait for the new Raid Raptors Xyz monster next episode. It looks deadly.
Reiji was pretty calm about the revelation of Dennis' identity. That bastard, according to his plan again, perhaps?

Still, disappointing that it is not Entermage Fusion monster though.
It's design really reminds me of Zaku, too. We Gundam now, Arc-V?
Sep 22, 2015 3:43 AM

Sep 2011
Damn this episode delivered and hard, especially with Kakkii's voice acting. The way his voice turned from happy-go-lucky to psycho slowly was really good :> Not that the voice acting isn't top-notch in Arc-V, but it really shined this time.

Though this was a good duel (and I'm hyping the next episode really much, not to mention the way they start destroying the stadium in fits of psycho laughter and rage), I was also disappointed that Dennis didn't use Entermage Fusion monster. Not to mention that Antique Gear is a real pain to summon in a way. But maybe it's something like an anti-XYZ, negating the effect of an XYZ monster it battles?
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Sep 22, 2015 8:14 PM
Sep 2012
So Shun vs Dennis, this is one duel I have been waiting for and it did not disappoint. And Dennis exposed as a spy. And on the theory on weather or not Reji knew about this, the answer is no, but at the same time he is not surprised either. I guess thought one of the Lancers would be spy, though giving who else is on the team, who else would it be? Anyway Reji doesn't really care, he is like whatever.

We see Dennis true personality, and like Sora he is a psychopath, is Selena the only person from Acadamia who is not some blood thirsty maniac. I hope there is more to his character than this.

Next episode, the duel continues and according to their preview, there is a shocking secret about Shun. What is he hiding?
Sep 22, 2015 9:53 PM

May 2009
This episode was awesome! Finally some intense action! I'm enjoying the build-up of Dennis's character. It did not feel forced at all; it went pretty smoothly. Props to the anime makers! I felt Dennis's sympathy when he talked about his Trapeze Magician giving him the Action Magic Card before the monster went away. So tragic... I liked the comeback from Reiji to the council about the traitor among them. A teenage kid going against elders; he either got a lot of spunk or he's a little punk lol jk. Next episode, hopefully we'll see the climax of the duel, and some more Sora on screen :D
Sep 22, 2015 10:51 PM
Apr 2013
fulminicolibri said:
This episode was awesome! Finally some intense action! I'm enjoying the build-up of Dennis's character. It did not feel forced at all; it went pretty smoothly. Props to the anime makers! I felt Dennis's sympathy when he talked about his Trapeze Magician giving him the Action Magic Card before the monster went away. So tragic... I liked the comeback from Reiji to the council about the traitor among them. A teenage kid going against elders; he either got a lot of spunk or he's a little punk lol jk. Next episode, hopefully we'll see the climax of the duel, and some more Sora on screen :D

The next episode will be the climax…which end with...

I hope Yuri will appear in the next episode.
Sep 22, 2015 11:19 PM

Oct 2011
Dennis true colors revealed. The mask of the clown falls off

Damn 4500 !!!
Sep 23, 2015 8:00 AM

Jul 2015
blfan said:

Next episode, the duel continues and according to their preview, there is a shocking secret about Shun. What is he hiding?

It'd be absolutely epic if Shun XYZ summons a NUMBERS monster!!! I'd literally pee myself.

There are still 19 undisclosed Numbers cards
Bill_the_CatSep 23, 2015 10:41 AM
Sep 24, 2015 6:26 PM

Mar 2012
I love how they always reserve the BEST EPIC duels for Kurosaki Shun <3 best character :D
Oct 18, 2015 9:01 AM

Jan 2013
Dennis shows the monster used to destroy the cities.
Cool matchup so far.
Nov 19, 2015 7:35 PM

Apr 2007
Still love that first song that played in Dennis' first turn. Catchy and fun~
Now this is what Sora vs Shun 2 should have been, if they didn't cut out most of the duel :I

Grantnarg said:
I love how they always reserve the BEST EPIC duels for Kurosaki Shun <3 best character :D
Yes <3
May 8, 2016 8:49 PM

Dec 2012
THE SHOW MUST GO ON! If there's one thing I love about that Pawn of Fusion, it's that phrase.

I love how Kurosaki forced him to reveal his hand. Funny how Dennis was just using pendulum and XYZ, but when his identity gets revealed, his next draw is a fusion card.

Dennis, you son of bitch! How dare you make Melissa Claire say "It's gigantic!" She's only suppose to say that with me. I'll kill you! No, I mean I'll defeat you in a Yami no Game. Saa, game no jikan da!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 18, 2016 12:06 AM

May 2013
Whoa, this is getting good.
Was waiting for Dennis's true color reveal.
Also, this image was cool.
Apr 20, 2022 2:37 PM

Jan 2022
It was so satisfying to watch Dennis lose and get thrown from his duel runner.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.