Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 14, 2015 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
Tuesday, March 19, 2019

As the portal opened in a room covered in vines, Naomi jumped into a little pond with quick reflexes. She found it odd that she was teleported in another area.
“Where am I now? Naomi asked. More importantly, where’s Yano?
She still understood the situation, so Naomi knew that this was no time to be wondering about it. There was a door behind the vines leading to a new pathway.
It was rotten and had an awful smell that Naomi couldn’t stand. “Ugh, damn!”
She passed by several skeletons lying on the ground, what she didn’t realize was that it was a trap. Both of the entrances to the previous room and another room were shut closed.
“Huh?”
The skeletons from behind had taken their forms preparing to attack Naomi. However, she saw this coming, and was ready for the ambush. When she dodged one of them, she jumped to pierce her sword through the ceiling, cracking above the pair, and then rays of light struck the dead warriors.
“I don’t have the time to play with you!”
The room was going to collapse, but Naomi broke down the door in front of her escaping. Before she could move fast, an army of dead warriors in bronze armor waited in front of the girl who just grinned. The area Naomi was in appeared to be in the same style as the Training Grounds.
The enemies went full force at her as Naomi thrust herself into the battle. It was nothing but swords clanging at first, but she was stronger than them all combined. The fight was basic enough for her to unleash a full-out attack.
The only problem was to make sure it’s charged without any enemy contact with the blade. The army of the dead kept coming back even quicker than before. This was becoming a nuisance for Naomi leaving her a bit worn out.
However, she was glad once she had felt the strength of her blade had going up.
“Now I’ll show you what you’re really up against.” Rising above the whole army, Naomi revealed her attack. “Valkoem Quake!!”
Descending to the ground at a high rate along with a destructive weapon, the ground was breaking from below. Crimson projectiles eradicated the whole army of dead with a fiercely roar. The whole room was cleared
“Phew, you all need to learn how to treat a lady properly. There’s no way out of here, so I might as well blast my way out of here.”
She was more worried about how Yano will take on Kuren all by himself.
The sounds of gunshots echoed in a dark tunnel, large rubbles of stones crumbled with every earthquake. Smoke was spreading out in a room. Kuren emerged with his wings opened launching crescent waves at Yano from below.
The enraged marksman deflected them with his bullets, reducing them to small acidic particles burning on the ground.
“Oh come on, kid! Is this all you got?!” Kuren taunted his enemy.
The battle rages on with both of the soldiers leveling at an even match. Kuren came up close to Yano to stab him in the arm, but he flung it away with his combat knife. This was an opportunity for Yano to shoot rapidly only to chase the demonic enemy distantly away.
That freak show is fast in the air, but he won’t be for long. He remarked.
As he reloaded his Klaisel, he shot in the pattern of a cross to strike Kuren, the demon flew up to let the bullets missed and grabbed onto the wall. When he slid down with his back facing them, the bullets that hit the wall opened casting tiny needles right behind him.
He saw what Yano was up to, that’s when he evaded them, but one peeled a bit of skin on the left side of Kuren’s forehead. Blood spilled from his head, it didn’t stop him though.
“Not bad,” he said, “but it’s not good enough. Was that your ace in the hole?”
Yano smirked. “What do you think?”
“Heh, I think…” He got tired of talking, and was eager to put an end. The demonic swordsman charged at Yano.
“…you’re finished!”
But before he reached him, Kuren halt feeling something disrupting the flow in his body.
What in the…
“About time you drop that confidence of yours. Maybe you should take a look at yourself.”
The skin was becoming more wrinkled, the bones were being unveiled, and parts of the body were breaking into several small pieces.
Kuren then turned to Yano with disgust. “You…! What did you…?”
“Remember the needles hiding inside the bullet? All of them were soaking in poison, absorbing it like a sponge.” Yano explained to him, “When it pierced your head, some of the poison had rub off on you through that cut. Before all of this, I was able to pinpoint the demonic source that you have around your forehead. You will perish in a couple of seconds paying for your crimes.”
“Damn b-brat, you were able to-keh!”
“I made those bullets especially for you. Now I can see you rot I hell for all you’re worth.”
The body of Kuren was breaking down severely, what remained was the upper section of his body with only the left arm still intact before it begins to crumble.
“This shouldn’t happen!”
Yano gave him a cold look, “Oh, but it is.”
“YANOOO!”
And just like that, Kuren had perished without leaving any trace behind.
“Of course… we both know that nothing can come back once dealt with severely,” he sighed.
… She was killed by Kuren, She can never come back. Yano reluctantly believed.
He was too regretful for the sister he couldn’t save before. But he stood up knowing that saving Shine comes first instead of staying still, and walked away from the scene.
“I’m not going to let any of my friends die this time.”
Once he left the scene, a small violet flame appeared from the ground.
……………
In his mind were memories of his childhood, the location was a beach, the sunshine was beautiful, and the ocean glistening. There was a small girl in white dress and sandals, wearing an aurulent necklace with the name, Yuri, and dancing on the sand joyfully.
As she turned around, she spotted a little boy wearing a white shirt. She was glad to see him.
“Ah! You’re here, Yano!” She ran up to him delivering a hug to the boy.
“Sorry for being late.” He smiled.
“Don’t be, you’re here now, so we can play together now!”
“Okay!”
The adorable scenery was losing its presence in the gunner’s memory.
……………
He was walking down a path leading to a corridor, wallowing in remorse over the loss of his younger sibling.
You always believed that the world was a gentle place to live in. That all of us were born to live with our freedom to choose the way we create our own paths and that there’s nothing that could pull us back.
The monologue continued in the gunner’s mind as he recalled both him and Yuri looking outside through a window seeing the sunset.
What you said, I believed it to be true, but we were proven wrong. If you couldn’t live long enough to enjoy the freedom we were given, then neither could I. So I trained hard both mentally and physically, avoided others in school, stripped myself of an ordinary life, and when the time came, I gave myself to work as a soldier. At least… that’s what I thought at first, but then…
Back to the area where the others are at, Aomare was controlling his little pets to fight the team. Miri cast her charm spells to boost their defense and attack powers, while Stein, Mark, and Alexander attacked them, with Elsia behind Alexander as he promised to look after her.
As the fight progressed, the two puppets were taking every hit dealt on their armors, but they keep replenishing the bodies. No matter how many wounds they kept inflicting on them, the two would still continue to fight as long as Aomare remained in control.
Stein took his stance preparing for an attack. Wind was blowing in a spiral direction from below him.
“Oh turbulence of the sky, lend me thy strength to blow those who block the path away.”
Chanting the words, the tip of his spear sharpened.
“Okay, now for my move!”
Miri summoned a gilded bow, pulling several arrows out of her bracelet, and directed 4 small mirrors above the puppets.
“Ready, Alex?” Mark asked.
“I am!”
Mark charged both of his pistols to their maximum, when the puppets attacked the others, Alexander used his abilities to force the energy blasts to stop. Then he transferred them to Mark’s guns, enhancing the firearms.
“Abairn Tornado!” First was Stein…
“Pyramid Impact!” Second was Miri…
“Volt Cannon!” And last was Mark.
All 3 of them launched their attacks at the same time. A gray helix of wind emerged as Stein furiously swayed his spear to the right moving forward.
Miri’s arrows were directly shot at the 4 mirrors with each tip glowing, and the pistols Mark hold unleashed a loud thunder roar. Their combined attacks strike the two monsters, not hitting multiple areas on their bodies, but the entirety of them.
Stein knew that if their opponents kept fighting under their manipulator’s spell, they had to remove the influence completely by killing either Aomare or his puppets. The blast that erupted after wiping out the two toys Aomare brought for them to play with caused the area to blow up. Clouds of smoke grew larger, and the ground vibrated.
Naomi turned around to see him. “Oh, Yano, you’re alright.”
“Yes.” He nodded.
“And what about Kuren? Where is he?”
“Well—.” Before he could explain…
He felt a dark presence infiltrating his mind. He dropped to the ground hard, shaking, and a violet aura burst out of him wildly passing through Naomi.
“Hgh… This can’t be…!”
No… don’t tell me… Yano realized it too late.
A loud laugh echoed through the hall the two are in.
“Well, well, pipsqueak. You gave me one hell of a scare. Had I not poor all of my energy and spirit out of my body, I would’ve been a goner. I won’t lie, that little play of yours had annoyed me. But now, I’m going to put all of the madness inside your mind, let’s see what will become of you then!”
As Yano struggled against the demon, Kuren summoned a new blade similar to his previous one. He gripped it firmly with Yano’s right hand wanting to make the young man suffer.
“I hope you get a taste of my Kyōranken because it’ll be the last you get! Nothing but pure insanity will be locked within your soul!”
“Ughn… you damn … keh… aaaaaah!
He was shouting in pain, his partner could feel that the screams of agony weren’t from Kuren’s energy corrupting his body, but memories trying to force Yano to break down.
“I won’t let you do this to Yano!” shouted Naomi.
Following her words, she rushed towards Yano with a blank sphere appeared on her left hand. Once she came close, she placed her hand on the frantic boy’s head. Now for the next step, but it’s risky.
“Shift!” She made the aura around Yano calmed down, but Kuren wasn’t affected by this.
However it wasn’t meant to suppress his presence, it was meant to transfer Kuren’s soul from Yano’s body to her very own. Yano was being set free of the darkness, while Naomi took it all away from him.
“Agh! You little bitch!” The demon screamed. “Let go!! I still have much to do for this kid! Don’t you dare interfere with our business!”
“Sorry, but once the seal’s done, you can’t escape.”
As the dark aura evaporated, so did Kuren’s voice. Yano was back to his normal self, but saw that something was wrong with a standing Naomi.
“Naomi? What’s wrong?”
But there was no answer. Then he remembered the situation they were in after Kuren appeared in front of them for the first time.
No… she couldn’t have. But then she’ll die! Yano grabbed Naomi by the shoulders “Hey, hey! Wake up, Naomi!”
In her mind was a summer day at the park where the light shined, birds on the trees chirping, and the weather was warm and peaceful. Naomi was sitting under a tree unconscious until she heard voices of young children. She stood up wondering about the area she’s in.
“What is this place?”
Two kids ran along the grass, Naomi was able to notice one of them.
Yano… Could this be his memory? She thought, He looked much cheerful as a child than he presently does.
When Yano stopped, he bent down to the ground patching something up. “Close your eyes, Yuri.”
“Alright.” She did so.
For a few seconds he took a couple of flower petals and arranged them with a vine he picked up from underneath the leaves. Once he did, he was ready to surprise Yuri.
“Okay, you can open them now.”
Yuri saw that nothing was different, but then she looked at her reflection in the river noticing a pink crown with sakura petals on top of her head.
“Oh wow!” That gave her a smile on her face.
Yano petted her on the head gently. “I thought this would make it up to my little sister for being late today.”
Naomi was surprised to hear that Yano had a little sibling. She always believed that he was an only child. The first time she saw this sort of behavior from Yano as a little boy, Naomi could not shake a bad feeling about this memory.
Yano’s childhood… the vibe I’m getting here, it’s warm, she remarked, but at the same time, it’s almost as if it’s broken.
Suddenly, when she turned around, everything was dark, and Naomi felt the bottom of her shoes soaking.
“Would you like to know?” Out of the shadowy walls, Kuren appeared.
In response, Kuren snapped his fingers brightening the dimension they were in. Naomi watched in shock that there was a city in flames.
“What’s all of this?!” She demanded an answer.
“This city is Nakeirai, the place where Yano’s little sister was killed.”
A loud splash echoed from behind. When she turned around, she saw Yuri fell into Yano’s arms. There was blood on the ground surrounding them. All he could do was cry immensely not knowing how to save her.
“Yuri, don’t die… please… don’t die!”
“Don’t worry.” He smirked sadistically. “You’ll join her… in the afterlife.”
He showed no mercy towards the little boy as he swung his sword, creating gusts of wind knocking Yano into a wall of a broken building violently. As he fell into an unconscious state, a violet mark appeared on his left hand, the same one that Kuren has on his neck.
“Well I’ll be damned. He’s still alive.” The monster was astonished by the discovery. “This curse has its own value, I never gotten full control over it. Nonetheless, a mark like that appears, and his mind will slowly break whenever asleep. As for the girl that died, heh… she won’t be dead until that curse is gone."
Naomi fell on her knees after witnessing the terrifying death of Yano’s sibling.
Come to think of it, he was feeling uneasy a few times… Naomi recalled. Those eyes would tell me that he couldn’t sleep.
She could now understand Yano’s feelings, the pain he felt after the horrid events. Once again, the visual past had faded into darkness. Although, it did gave Naomi an idea from seeing his true
It’s starting to come together now. I didn’t believe it at first glance, but now I’m sure. Yano…
“Now that you’ve seen this tragic scene,” interrupted Kuren once again, “I have nothing else to do, but to take over your body. You may have saved Yano from being destroyed, but I can still lock your soul in the abyss of your… heart?”
The look on his face changed. At first he was sure this attempt would be futile against him, but now, he was curious when Naomi’s left arm was glowing. She didn’t show any concern as her right arm was burning up to the shoulder, it made her grunt in pain, but Naomi still kept a calm face.
“No, you won’t.” I knew from the beginning this move would have severe risks, and it won’t stop this monster on its own… so I’ll rely on him to finish Kuren!
Outside of her mind, Naomi’s eyes opened with a deadly glare, much to Yano’s surprise, and she directed the palm of her left hand to the Kyōranken on the floor. A crimson aura was spiraling from the tip of her right shoulder surrounding her arm in an atmosphere wounding it in the process. The aura had reached the blade of Kuren’s weapon, Yano still had no idea what’s happening.
“Urgh! You… Did you just…?” A voice called out in the sword.
“Yano,” Naomi called to him while enduring the pain in her arm, “Kuren is currently trapped in that sword. If you shoot both of them at the same time with a stronger impact…”
It became clear to him. “His body and mind will vanish completely.”
As he said that, Kuren fought against this ability by splitting his energy into two groups: one to weaken Naomi’s left arm in the chance of lowering her strength, the other to pull his spirit out. Out of the sword came the left arm, slowly followed by the left half of Kuren’s face.
The dark energy entering the aura covering Naomi’s left arm was damaging it painfully, “I can’t keep him at bay for much longer… he’s a resilient guy!”
A golden radiation erupted from Yano’s body, starting to make its way through his left arm, and down to a single point… the gun! That’s when Kuren started to become frantic.
“You see?” he asked the trapped demon. “At this point, it’s over!”
“What?!”
He felt the sound of beat inside of his spirit. The technique the marksman was using an enhancement action that allows the user to reach a greater height in strength after meeting two conditions the gunner mentally reviewed:
A link between the owner of this move and the target must be constructed, just as how Kuren temporarily took hold of my body, and suffering a great deal of strain within the superior vena cava as I used a risky healing method to save Naomi before. If so, then the amount of life force swelling up from it all will serve as a boost. And since Kuren is connected to me via the mark, it would be simple to pinpoint an area to shoot in order to end this game!
“No way,” Kuren shouted, “I’ve l-lost?”
Yano loaded his gun with one bullet, and bluntly stated, “Yes.”
And he fired the bullet surrounded by the golden aura heading for the hilt. The second it made contact with the target, a large eruption emerged around the Kyōranken as it cuts off the aura coming from Naomi. As she was stunned by the force, she looked at the burst, and the next thing she saw was the sword cracking under pressure.
The more a person suffers, the ambitious they become… Naomi thought as the sword was slowly breaking.
“This isn’t possible!” Kuren barked. I hold the power and spiritual abilities of the Crimson Princess… so how?!
The light surrounding the shattered weapon consumed Kuren’s spirit alive after a loud scream with the violet flame dying.
“LORD GYOSAIIIIII!!!”
Now he has truly vanished alongside the radiance.
Before anything could be said, an injured Naomi was prone to falling after losing the feeling in her left arm that had the texture of molten lava.
But her partner came to her aid, his left hand still carrying what’s left of the Eagle Augmentation grabbed Naomi’s burnt right arm, her skin was repairing slowly.
“That stunt I pulled off… Soul Prison…” Naomi remarked through her wearily voice, “I was told to never attempt it. I can barely feel the left side of my body… it’s got a worse side effect from imprisoning a person’s soul into my own body, and then sending his soul into an object that carries a trace of his own energy.”
While she was talking about it, the insignia on Yano’s left hand was fading away. This proves that Kuren is officially dead.
“But it was enough to put a leash on him. You really helped me out… Kuren’s dead.”
A small cut in her red ribbon began to rip open, her long hair expanded into a messy style. Yano placed his right hand on Naomi’s hair to brush it to make her look beautiful as she always does to him.
“I was the person who ended up hurting you before,” Naomi said to him, “I wasn’t going to let you feel more pain. That’s why I—agh!”
“It’s okay, just relax for now,” advised Yano. “I was impressed by how you handled the situation. Still…”
After the gunner was done fixing her hair making it look like it normally does without the ribbon attached, he pulled Naomi closer to him.
“You’re much cuter when you’re vulnerable.”
Feeling as if they were done with the harsh part here, Naomi could let out a sigh of relief.
“Just shut up, Yano,” the young woman smiled.
Back to Stein’s group, the others couldn’t find the puppets controlled by Aomare after the big attack. Miri let out a few heavy breaths, even if she didn’t used a huge attack causing Stein to turn to her silently.
We haven’t been fighting over 15 minutes, and she’s already exhausted? Stein was worried about her.
Elsia walked towards Miri offering some aid. “You seemed tired, shall I—?”
They thought they were finished off, but Aomare appeared again.
“I’m amazed that you could come off really strong against my pawns,” He commended them. “You’re an interesting bunch, but I only need a few of you to entertain me.”
Then he pointed one his finger at Elsia surprising her with a laser beam, but Mark intervened, taking a direct shot to left shoulder.
“Ahhh!!”
His shoulder became busted, disrupting Mark’s balance.
“Mark!” Elsia shouted to him.
Angered by Aomare, Alexander’s hand was surrounded by an orb of white aura, restraining himself so that he wouldn’t charge in recklessly.
Aomare smirked. “Don’t worry. I have some interest in playing with you as well.”
The young boy didn’t know what Aomare was going to do next. Suddenly, another portal opened underneath both Alexander and Mark dragging them downward with them yelling throughout the fall.
“No!” Elsia shouted.
Just then, a portal appeared below her, dragging her into it as she screamed in shock. Aomare then turned to Stein and Miri.
“I have no use for you, goodbye!”
A bright red flash lashed at them, pushing them back towards the wall fiercely. The two of them were knocked unconscious while Aomare escaped the area through a portal.
“There’s also one more guest that should be here with us.”
“One more…” Alexander echoed.
Another magic portal appeared from above…
Mark’s little sister came falling down screaming, “Uwaaaahhhh!!”
“Elsia!”
Acting quickly, he jumped to catch her from falling, although, it only made Mark feel more pain on his shoulder.
“Mark,” Elsia called out to, “you’re hurt!”
Mark tried to hide his agonizing expression. “Don’t worry about it, I’ll be fine.”
The demonic brute stared plainly at the siblings. He directed his attention towards the other boy smirking. Let the tragic show begin!
“Alexander!” He got the young man’s attention. “May I ask why you would be all buddy-buddy with those insolent pests?”
Alexander felt as if he would use him against them, “What do you mean?”
“Don’t tell me you aren’t aware of their real identities. For someone who’s sought vengeance for so long and never achieved it,” Aomare kept taunting him, “it’s a pity that you’re oblivious to the world around you.”
He almost realized what Aomare might have known about him.
“How should I put it…? Were you not the Human Weapon made in the Reinarl Research Facility?”
“How did you know about that?”
“There’s more information I have in store for you. Remember those two puppets you took care of? Well they’re lined to these two siblings.”
Mark knew the next thing Aomare will say would provoke Alexander to have a dangerous view of him along with Elsia.
Oh no… he whispered in his head.
“Those two brats…” Aomare glared at them with his index finger directed at them. “…are the offspring of their Reinarl parents.”
The impact had made loud heartbeat sound inside Alexander. Disturbingly reminded by the procedure he endured in the facility, and remembered the vow to wipe out any source of the family echoing in his head several times. Then Alexander turned his head towards the frightened girl covered by his brother.
“Elsia… Mark…?”
“It’s true what he says.” Mark anxiously nodded. “Elsia and I were originally children of the Reinarl Researchers. I’m sorry for keeping something like this from you.”
As he heard the truth from Mark, he felt… betrayed. “S-so it’s… true.”
But Alexander just stood coldly still. No response. The world around him went blank as the thought of the people he had been acquainted with had hid the truth from him, even the young sister who was close to the boy. Thoughts keep coming to his mind with a loud echo.
Make the Reinarls pay… Find surviving members…! Massacre them all! Leave no survivor—Hunt down every trace of the organization!!
Still no response from him, but then he stood up on his feet, and then an instant sound was made from the index and middle fingers lined up together.
Out of hatred, Alexander shot an arrow-like projectile at the left shoulder of Aomare surprising everyone. Now Aomare had been damaged severally.
“Nghh, but why…?”
“I’m not going to lie, that shot was for myself, had to pull my head back into reality.” Alexander stated firmly. “My goal is to wipe out any source related to the Reinarl Facility, and you made it easy for me.”
“So you would accept those Reinarl brats… instead of killing them for being alive?”
The resolve Alexander carried kept him from sinking to the level of revenge. “I’ll deal with you myself!”
Mark and Elsia were both speechless, and a barrier appeared in front of the two as Alexander’s whole body was glowing.
“You guys stay back.”
Now Mark barely has any doubts about the boy in front of him. Alex… thank you.
Elsia’s eyes were glimmering like stars in a dark blue night. She was overcome with small tears, but the little girl felt truly happy for the first time in long time. She shouted to him with a smile and watery eyes.
“Good luck, Alex!”
Alexander launched 8 crescent projectiles at his opponent using his sword. However many attacks he can control, it wouldn’t pin Aomare down as he jumped from one stalactite to another. Meanwhile, Elsia tried healing the damage in Mark’s shoulder, but the shoulder was in a paralysis.
“Don’t think you can beat me all by yourself!” One fist to the face pushed Alexander back to the ground while Aomare look down upon him, only to see the boy get up immediately.
Aomare wrapped his strings around 6 stalactites, once he got a firm hold on them, he pulled the strings causing the stalactites to rain upon the young man. He moved to his right avoiding the first two, the next three were centered above his head before he rolled forward as the crash from behind pushed him far.
The last one came closer to Alexander’s head, but was suddenly pulled away, revealing Aomare behind the stalactite with a kick to the abdominal. Alexander pulled his head up to see the stalactite coming at him, and barely dodged it, shifting his body to the left.
“Well I’m impressed.” Aomare commended him, “Even after being tackled brutally, you still managed to stand. You might want to reconsider instead of wasting your time protecting those Reinarl spawns.”
“The children of those who took away your childhood along with your parents… If only they didn’t focus on a failed experiment, you would’ve been able to enjoy your life.”
“Keep out of my own business, puppet.” Alexander retorted.
“I’m just being honest, and you know what else? The Reinarl family once held a grudge against your another experimental company for nearly exposing their illegal research.”
Just then, the injured boy had turned to Mark. “Mark. Remember what I said about the distinct feeling I had? Well… it’s coming from him.”
“What’re you saying?” Mark asked him before glaring at Aomare.
“How did you think your parents’ success rate with their projects grew, hmm?” Aomare glared right back at Mark.
“Before you brats were born, they slaughter the people in their rival company one by one when they get the chance. Their company grew smaller month after month. A few remained… the people who died shortly after your birth.”
The three remain silent over the dreadful discovery while Aomare continued mocking them all.
“Deconstructing the corpses of the Reinarl researchers for them to become precious pawns, their memories had been absorbed by yours truly.” the demon revealed to them.
Alexander had just enough of this nonsense. “You really like to cross the line a lot, don’t you? Amusing yourself by using people’s selfish desires to hurt their others. A mere puppet show with only darker hearts by a puppet… and that’s all I needed to hear”
As Alexander went on talking about a demon’s nature, wing-like markings appeared around his eyes. Markings of arrows appeared on his hand. The right one contains 2 arrows pointing forward, and the left hand contains 2 arrows pointing towards each other. When he closed his eyes for a split second, he revealed them.
Clear Cerulean? Aomare thought to himself, not liking the boy’s appearance.
A new awakening was born inside of him showing that he had become a different person. Aura surfaced from his body spiraling from the tip of his head to his feet.
Mark could not believe this is the same person he wanted to test out before the mission. Those energy waves are unbelievable!
Is this really Alexander? Elsia asked herself
Even Aomare was amazed by this, although, he still remained unconcerned. “I guess even an idiot has a special moment. It still won’t be good enough.”
Alexander just smirked with renewed confidence.
“Let’s get back to fighting.” Opening his palm, a red orb appeared with the electricity as a shield.
Alexander charged into the battle, this time, attacking upfront with his sword being swung at the demonic puppeteer who stopped it with both palms trapping it in midair.
He didn’t have enough time to move out of the way, so he kicked the boy through the side to find an opening. As soon as his feet touch the ground, however, something hit him …
“Rgh!”
A swift knee to the guts got him effectively. Aomare coughed up little of his saliva surprised by how he was critically damaged by one hit.
How can this be?! My… my body is…
Having felt that, Aomare tried to back away, but he could only take a few steps slowly. Alexander then opened his right palm before the arrows began to glow. The air from his hand pushed Aomare into the wall sounding a loud crash.
“It’s clear… he’s been holding back until he found out more about our enemy.” Mark told Elsia, “Back when you were almost born, I took a look at what the researchers were creating. It looked like a monster with its muscles tearing the body apart before erupting, and I didn’t want to imagine what might happen if a human was used.”
“Mark…” Elsia was worried.
But his brother cleared her doubts with a smile. “I thought that something was odd about his early performance, he said something about controlling them during the training session, and now he’s using it at will against the puppeteer.”
Alexander… Elsia’s eyes were directed towards the boy standing strong before stepping forward to launch a crescent projectile at Aomare who hastily dodged the attack.
She was scared that Alexander might go after her and Mark for being the children of the Reinarl researchers.
That time I met you, you were on the verge of death stuck in the snow. And when I took you to the orphanage, you told dad and I about what happened. That you wanted to wanted to slaughter anyone who was in relation to our former parents.
Although she was filled with the fear of Alexander abandoning the siblings, she smiled believing in Alexander.
But after seeing you change like this, I’m really glad.
Now the tables have turned in Alexander’s favor, Aomare started to feel the pain thrown back at him 10 times. It’s not p-possible. The runt shouldn’t be able to beat me like this, so why am I rendered worthless?
Before he could pull his right arm out of the firm wall, the boy swung his sword in less than a second firing several small moon crescents. This time, 4 crescents kept Aomare’s arms and legs pinned while the other projectiles directly hit him.
My body… it’s starting to break!!
Now was the time to finish the battle. Alexander swung his sword to the left, then to the right casting 2 projectiles. The blade shifted upwards for 5 seconds becoming a light shade of blue.
There were several sparks around the blade, until it flew downwards hurling all of its power towards Aomare. The stage was set, so he thrust his left arm into the air with his hand wide open.
The strength of both projectiles on the sides were enhanced with light shifting to towards the puppet master, now all 3 attacks will be fatal against the monster trapped on the wall coming closer to him.
“Oh hell…”
The barrage clashed with his damaged body expanding the wounds he received. The blast had too much pressure for him to handle, it exploded massively in front of Aomare who was trapped in between, and was about to go through death’s door.
“AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!”
The wall behind him cracked from the impact, so much that a hole broadens in a crooked hexagonal shape, giving passage for the air from outside the maze. Aomare was nowhere to be found, but only blood splattered on the wall was seen.
It’s ov…er… A relieved Alexander knew.
That attack left him exhausted from using all of that energy, now he’s unable to move. The barrier had disintegrated allowing Mark and Elsia to come to the battle-drained boy.
“Heal him first.” Mark suggested to his little sister.
“Right.”
For his condition, Elsia took out a bottle containing an ounce of a special yellow liquid. The cap was opened, and she grabbed a sheet with a sun printed on it. Alexander felt the strain in his body as the sheet was placed on his upper body.
The Titan’s Sun medicine should be able to do the trick, good thing Miri gave this to me before we came here. If only it would work on that spell on Mark’s shoulder. I’ll have to take him back to Stein later. He’ll know what to do.
As the liquid poured down onto the sheet, it spread out until it reached the inner wall of the sun. Light illuminated from the medical seal giving off a warm feeling. Mark observed Elsia’s progress of medical knowledge, amazed that she learned a lot the past years. Once the light sunk into Alexander’s body, he awoke.
“How are you feeling?” The gunner asked him.
“W-well, my body seems okay.” But he changed his answer quickly. “Actually, it feels lighter than before. But never mind that are you both—?”
He felt the arms of a happy girl lapping around his back. “You were really cool, Alex.”
In response, Alexander hugged her warmly. “Both of you were the ones that kept me going, so thanks. What about your shoulder, Mark?”
“The strange thing is… it felt as if it hasn’t sunken completely yet. Don’t know if it’s a good thing or bad thing, we’ll wait and see.”
“Yeah,” Alexander nodded.
Mark, on the other hand, felt like he shouldn’t be thanked. “Alex…”
“I don’t hold much of a grudge against the two of you,” he interrupted Mark, “having said that, I’ll admit that I’m mad you didn’t say something in the first place.”
“Sorry.” Mark apologized.
“Heheheheh,” Alexander laughed a little, “perhaps I’ll try to control my bad side at times.”
Elsia giggled a little followed by Mark sighing for a moment, but not that he’s disappointed, the burdens on one another were being lifted.
“Sure.” Naomi nodded.
“How did you end up joining the Akita Force Headquarters?”
Naomi closed her eyes, but not for long. She felt like she’s ready to talk to him about the events leading her to join the organization.
“When I was a little girl, my parents, they barely show any care about me. The only one in my family that looked after me most of the time was my older brother, Koza.”
Her mind drifted to her childhood…
……………
When it was summer, a little Naomi wore a yukata with flowers design on the left side could be seen. As she was walking her with her hand holding a young teen’s, they came to a halt looking at a lake outside of a festival.
“Koza,” she called.
Her brother turned to her with a calm look, “What is it?”
“What did I do to make mom and dad and hate me?”
“You didn’t do anything wrong.”
He tried to convince Naomi, but she wasn’t sure that he was right.
“But they look at me as if I was a burden to them. Whenever I do something, they scold me a lot. And when I don’t do anything they take their anger out on me. Because of them, the other kids stopped playing with me. ”
Given a hard childhood all thanks to her parents, she became alone. However, she didn’t felt it when Koza was around to bend down to see her face after landing the palm of his hand on her head.
“Listen to me, little sis. There are times when you may face hardships, but always know that there’s a purpose for everyone to be born. If those who stray from that path, they won’t achieve anything. If those who go through that path, they would realize what they were meant to live for, protecting those who mean so much to them.”
“And you?”
“I chose to watch over you, Naomi,” he smiled as he looked up at the stars visible in the sky, “and protect you.”
Those kind words, made Naomi smile brightly.
……………
On the outside of Naomi’s remembrance where she was talking to Yano about Koza, Naomi displayed a grief expression on her face.
“One day…” she continued with her story, “he was killed.”
The sad girl kept talking about him after she glanced at the look on Yano’s face, the sudden, an unfazed expression of the man who lost something precious to him, and knows the pain all too well.
“It was by a pure demon that passed on her powers and will to another of his kin as her dying wish. She was known as the Crimson Princess. I found out after I was enrolled in the headquarters. Because I struggled to survive, I grew talented wielding a sword, so that I can take care of myself, so that Koza hadn’t died for nothing. Stein had recommended me to join, and here I am now.”
That explained how she came to the place, but there was another question… “What about your parents?”
“I never got into much contact with them after we went our separate ways. After I came to Akita, I didn’t want to interact with the other members of the organization.”
Naomi glared at the sky recalling all of the taunting laughter directed at her small power.
“They reminded me of the trouble the other boys gave me when I was little, that’s when I believed that the only person I could trust from that point onwards was myself,” she believed back then.
A haunting past, a nightmarish demon, and neglected childhood, Yano now understood what lead her to an arrogant persona, especially towards men.
“They were right about me. I was weak,” admitted Naomi honestly, “hell, even now. I couldn’t stand it all.”
“Then why didn’t you quit?” he asked.
“Because… there was a girl: kind-hearted along with massive strength. When a few guys were talking behind my back, she stood up for me.”
Naomi recalled a certain blue-haired girl taking a step in front of them, and telling them what she thought.
“Saying people have something to cherish driving them to become strong despite being weak. She became my idol, giving me hope. Those words of encouragement helped me grow, now no one talked smack about me thanks to her.”
In her head, she was thinking of Miri. Yano also had the same thought in mind, “Well she does have a reputation.”
“Miri may have been the one to motivate me to prove the others wrong, but there’s one man who helped me thrust forward… the same man who helped me kill Kuren: the reincarnation of the Crimson Princess.”
She gave away a sweet smile to an astonished Yano.
“Naomi…”
“And those words you told me when you were hospitalized,” she said with a slightly shaky voice, “I wanted to protect you.”
Yano smiled, “Looks like you did in the end.”
Charming eyes were staring with honesty directly at the eyes of a girl who suffered more than he did.
“It’s a good thing you created an opening, otherwise he would have won… We’re even now.”
Yano, however, was the first to fall asleep, but his left hand could never let go of Naomi’s damaged left arm. Naomi looked at him again, touching foreheads with the gunner.
“Thank you, Yano.” she said happily before closing her eyes, resting right next to him.
When they fell unconscious, a light appeared around Yano’s body, something was escaping him through particles of light. They were gathering above the two, forming the body of a child.
The light lifted up slowly like curtains, revealing a bare footed girl in a pink dress before showing the head of the brunette girl. Yuri Agemon had been trapped within Yano due to Kuren’s binding spell, but his death had broken the seal, allowing the late sister to be set free.
“Yano,” she spoke, “everything that happened before… it will fade away. You no longer need to live for revenge.”
Although he could not see her, Yano can feel her presence.
“Yuri…” he mumbled, “You can finally move on now… without worrying about me… can’t you?”
That made her smile. “Yes.”
From Yuri’s feet, tiny particles of light broke from her body.
“I must go now, but there’s a message I want to deliver to you.”
The lower-torso of body disappeared already, so she acted fast and gave her sleeping brother one last hug before her upper-torso does the same.
“I love you, Yano.”
Her body completely disappeared, now he was sure to live for other people instead of a living a vengeful life.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introduction ( 1 2 )

Mafortion - Aug 20, 2012

83 by Ganymede1135 »»
Apr 6, 2022 7:53 PM

» Idea: Gauge Girls

SargeB96 - Mar 1, 2017

0 by SargeB96 »»
Mar 1, 2017 5:34 AM

» The Legacy of Dimension Legend

xXFumbiXx - Feb 16, 2016

0 by xXFumbiXx »»
Feb 16, 2016 2:16 PM

» Key and Lock: Chapter 1 and Characters' Introduction

AlyssiaNyaa - Oct 24, 2015

0 by AlyssiaNyaa »»
Oct 24, 2015 5:14 AM

» Knight Shine Chapter 5: Past Breeding Distrust

removed-user - Aug 24, 2015

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 24, 2015 6:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.