Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 14, 2015 1:45 PM

Aug 2014
Wasn't it confirmed as winter too? It's basically a split cour like UBW or seraph.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Sep 14, 2015 2:12 PM

Aug 2015
Damn nice episode.
Sep 14, 2015 2:12 PM

Jan 2015
About time the kiss happened ... :D
Sep 14, 2015 2:37 PM

Mar 2008
I was expecting them to drag out Shirayuki's confession. I'm glad they didn't. Hopefully they will get married by the end of the second season.
Sep 14, 2015 3:55 PM

Mar 2009
Almost seems like they're getting married in the preview.
Sep 14, 2015 4:11 PM

Mar 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Is it cheesy? Yes
Is it cliché? Yes
Is it predictable? Yes

But despite that... it's so beautiful. It's truly like a fairy tale, and nothing can take that away from it

[...]

That aside, this just had Disney written all over it to me lol

I honestly couldn't say it better. It is so predictable, but then remembering that this is to be like a fairytale...

The art and the music were particularly amazing this week
Sep 14, 2015 4:40 PM

Aug 2010
God bless this anime adaptation. Completely delivered everything I expected to happen plus more <3

They added that extra Obi-suggesting-Roka scene and what Garaku (Chief Herbalist) said was definitely from waaaaaaaaaay later in the manga

but it definitely added towards Obi's characterization with Shirayuki (and ryuu). AND OF COURSE THAT CONFESSION PLUS KISS PLUS HAND HOLDING PLUS -dies-

From next epi preview though it looks like they're skipping waaaaaaaaay ahead to chapter 27 as someone said before o_O and the date in chapter 17 = OVA (confirmed i believe) can't wait how they decide to end S1 :3
Sep 14, 2015 4:56 PM

Jul 2010
Is it OK for an almost 48 year-old man to squee? If not, I must turn in my man card. I don't need it if having it means that I can't be overjoyed by the end of this episode, especially with Zen's declaration of love. That is how it is done, friends! Bravo to the young prince with the fantastic name! (I may be a bit biased about the name...)
Sep 14, 2015 5:06 PM

Apr 2012
CHEESY AS FUCK

BUT LOVING IT

Sep 14, 2015 5:16 PM

Dec 2014

And they live happily after and have lots of pick hair babies.

So shojo or girly (did I just repeat myself?), in a good way, not cringe-inducing but cheesy good. How they approach the romance maybe a bit methodical, but it has been a while I cheered for the characters because they are likable and relatable, their relationship has a good beginning, solid build up and satisfying resolution (I'm looking at you, Oremono) and it's a goddamn shojo set in a fantasy kingdom and one of them is a prince, they could've taken the easy route like many others that came before but hey, what a pleasant surprise, this season isn't that bad after all.

They are setting up something for Obi, hopefully not in some ways hold back Shirayuki and Zen.

Hey! Who like shorts shorts!
We like shorts shorts!
Sep 14, 2015 5:21 PM

Jan 2015
I was sure at the time that she began to cry, she would say that would leave the castle because he could not look more to the prince ....
He would have to fight a lot more to convince her to accept this request ....
I even thought that the two agree to separate and she would be time with the people of the birds ...
Sep 14, 2015 5:37 PM

Apr 2015
What a sweet episode. Everything in this show carries out pleasantly, especially regarding Shirayuki's confession. Can't wait for the next one.
Sep 14, 2015 5:46 PM

Mar 2015
I so appreciate the depiction of a budding romance where they do have a little hesitance, shyness or embarrassment, but in doesn't permanently paralyze them, or make them constantly deny their feelings; that seems so common in anime its tiresome. Red Haired Snow White is doing romance right. Great episode, great beginning and ending kiss scenes!
The sword that takes life gives life
Sep 14, 2015 7:02 PM

Jul 2009
Sweet...

Everything is going well, I want to see Zen and Shirayuki on the court, almost all the nobles until now looked like a bunch of dumbasses and this gonna be good to see.

Also I wonder what is Obi up to with his actions in this episode.
Sep 14, 2015 8:01 PM

Jan 2013
Beautiful episode, everything one could hope for.
Sep 14, 2015 8:13 PM

Aug 2013
Dear Lord, Zen is literally what you would call a charming prince. And Shirayuki... What can I say about her? She's a damn fine and super cute maiden, perfect match for a prince. Normally, that kind of setting would make me cringe from cheesiness, but I giggled and even clapped like a damn child at the end. That was unbelievably cute.

Well, there is still a lot of problems though. Shirayuki is a commoner, and Zen has obligations as a prince. He can't neither get rid of his title, and he couldn't possibly marry a commoner. The only way out of this situation is to either : get banish from the royalty, which would be pretty drastic, or find a way for Shirayuki to earn a title. I don't know how it will play out at all!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 14, 2015 8:36 PM

Sep 2013
Whoah the romance developed a lot faster than I thought. Glad they didnt drag that out for long.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 14, 2015 8:56 PM

Aug 2015
2 kisses in 2 episodes...now that's something. Glad they didn't spend too long with the 'misunderstanding' flustering and blushing. Hell, they even made the second kiss' pay-off even more satisfying.
Anime talk, music and analysis, plus random moments of inspirations and rants | https://atmafunomena.wordpress.com/
Sep 14, 2015 8:59 PM

Jul 2010
I thought that Zen's confession of love and proposal to share his life with Shirayuki was one of the most brilliantly romantic, yet practical and realistic (in the fantasy world it takes place in) that I have ever seen. You will notice that he never once uttered the word marriage. He knows that is not in the cards, at least not without a whole bunch of maneuvering.

Frankly, I could see Shirayuki being granted a title as a Countess or some other minor noble title based on her service to the kingdom, but that isn't going to change the fact that Zen is most likely going to be expected to marry for political reasons. The best bet would be a formal concubine agreement, which is pretty much what Shirayuki was running away from when she met Zen. However, there is a world of difference between being forced into being the concubine of an immature prince you have never met in person and who has a poor reputation among his own people and agreeing to the same arrangement with the man you truly love. I think it would work. (It did in Dune...)

NaChiKyoTsuki97 said:
2 kisses in 2 episodes...now that's something. Glad they didn't spend too long with the 'misunderstanding' flustering and blushing. Hell, they even made the second kiss' pay-off even more satisfying.

You mean the fact that they both looked quite passionate instead of Shirayuki looking like a deer in headlights? LOL
Sep 14, 2015 9:02 PM

Aug 2013
TOOOOO CUTE OMG<33 Zen's finger rubbing Shirayuki's lip before kissing was so sensual kyaaaaa<33 Although a part of me still ships Obi x Shirayuki (*V u V*)
Sep 14, 2015 9:53 PM

Mar 2012
WOW, where were these animators the past 10 episodes??
Zen finally resembles his manga self and Shirayuki finally has the right hairstyle and eyes!
Some of the close up scenes were so true to the art, it was like a colored version of the manga.
==========================================================

I wished they ended it with Shirayuki and Zen leaning in for the kiss, the stone structure basking in the glow of the sunset, with a voice over of their promise and a fade out to the ending theme.
Bringing them out to meet Mitsuhide, Kiki, and Obi takes away the focus on the conclusion of their reciprocated feelings and the mutual promise they made.
Now, if this were the final episode (for the season), it would make sense to include the main cast and then dramatically pan up.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Sep 14, 2015 10:16 PM
Sep 2015
This anime represents what I want my relationship to be like IRL. Absolutely beautiful episode.
Sep 14, 2015 10:36 PM

Jul 2011
zensunni said:
Is it OK for an almost 48 year-old man to squee? If not, I must turn in my man card. I don't need it if having it means that I can't be overjoyed by the end of this episode, especially with Zen's declaration of love. That is how it is done, friends! Bravo to the young prince with the fantastic name! (I may be a bit biased about the name...)

Well, I resorted to giggling and squealing like a little girl. Why the hell not?

I didn't miss that hint of Obi's feelings though, but too bad it came too late. Simple and sweet, this series wrapped up nicely in 1 cour.
The second season feels like a bonus now, since the most important part of the main couple getting together is already done.
Sep 14, 2015 11:41 PM

Nov 2009
They are so cute aw.
I didn't expect Zen to speak so openly about the kiss to Mitsuhide but I'm glad he did. I'm so excited for the last episode of this season. I'm happy to hear that we're getting a second season in january! I'll be looking forward to that.
Sep 15, 2015 12:01 AM
Jul 2015
ew straight people! zen and obi should have kissed not them... yuck! not cute! very ugly moment
0 /10
Sep 15, 2015 12:39 AM

Apr 2010
What a beautiful episode ;____; I'm glad they're finally together and the kiss was so sweet omg ♥
Sep 15, 2015 12:45 AM

Nov 2014
The only "disliked it" vote in this discussion XD
I thought this episode was overly dramatic.
Sep 15, 2015 12:46 AM
Jul 2013
I'm pretty sure I was squealing/grinning like an idiot the entire episode. Gawd I frrkn love this couple and love this Anime/Manga to death! I'm so glad this is such a satisfying adaptation :D
Sep 15, 2015 1:30 AM

Feb 2012
Oh, Obi, though I also like you, you're a tad too late!

Them feels yo! It's overflowing! It's cheesy yet so sweet!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 15, 2015 2:07 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
W-wow

I think I've just witnessed the purest form of love

This episode is the sweetest one I've ever seen this year.

I don't regret at all picking this anime, really

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 15, 2015 2:15 AM
Nov 2010
Yay. I haven't come across any other romance that jumped from touch, first kiss, to 2nd kiss so quickly. Definitely love the progression instead of trying to milk out that tension through a whole season without ever actually kissing.

I was not expecting Shirayuki to blurt out that she loved him...nor that she would cry.....was really good. =))))
Sep 15, 2015 5:19 AM

Jan 2011
Oh god, this episode was insanely cute. Shirayuki was way too flustered about Zen's sudden kiss and confession. The second half was truly the best part of the episode though. Shirayuki finally confessed to Zen about he true feelings and Zen also thanked her. They both cried and kissed, HNNNNNNNNNG! Man, my heart... Ah, romance is in the air. God, I love this anime. One of the cutest couples this season for sure!
5/5
Sep 15, 2015 6:39 AM

Sep 2014
Best episode ever! Fucking loved it man. So freaking cute, so great. God I love this Anime. <3
Sep 15, 2015 7:08 AM

Jul 2014
As others have said, I love that this show can still succeed with a very predictable story. Presentation and a fun cast can carry a show so much. If someone told me they didn't like the show I could definitely understand it. But me, I'm willing to overlook its issues because it has a great ability to put a smile on my face.
Sep 15, 2015 8:52 AM

May 2009
ITS SO CHEESY BUT I DONT CARE IT WAS PERFECT.
MOAR OF THIIIIIS <3
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 15, 2015 12:12 PM

Jun 2013
that kiss dude
Sep 15, 2015 12:38 PM

Mar 2015
Power_Logic said:
ew straight people! zen and obi should have kissed not them... yuck! not cute! very ugly moment
0 /10

I like the anime as it is.

But as a die-hard yaoi fan I cannot argue against this :D
Sep 15, 2015 12:57 PM

Feb 2015

Very fairy tale like, cliche yet sweet sort-of-proposal followed by a kiss!

Is it just me or did Obi look a little-um... un-happy when they returned from the forest?!
Sep 15, 2015 1:27 PM

Mar 2010
well knew she gonna be embarrassed this ep. lol one more to go.
Sep 15, 2015 2:40 PM

Aug 2012
<3.
Sep 15, 2015 3:12 PM

May 2015
What a lovely episode, it was absolutely gorgeous. Loved it. Romance at its finest.

Sep 15, 2015 3:18 PM

May 2013
Saori Hayami needs a godamn award just for this scene, I honestly did not expect this scene to be 200% perfect adapted, well done Bones, well done Saori Hayami
Sep 15, 2015 3:51 PM

Nov 2011
A bit surprised by the reactions to the first kiss, i thought Shirayuki was the more level headed of the two and Zen would be the one flustered, regardless, the ship has officially sailed, though i have this feeling that Obi may also have feelings for Shirayuki.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 15, 2015 5:38 PM

Jul 2009
HaXXspetten said:
Is it cheesy? Yes
Is it cliché? Yes
Is it predictable? Yes

But despite that... it's so beautiful. It's truly like a fairy tale, and nothing can take that away from it

It's also actually COMMITTING to this relationship. No awkward teasing, no stupid interruptions, no misunderstandings or anything like that. It knows what the audience wants to see, and it delivers. So in that sense my hat goes off to this show for doing what most romance anime does not

I personally think that all those annoying added things you listed like awkward teasing, interruptions and misunderstandings are what would make this cliche and predictable. The fact the show didn't go those routes is truly a breath of fresh air. I love it!

Zen is perfect. He reacted in all the right ways. I particularly like how he apologized for kissing her without her permission and just the entire way that situation was dealt with. Thank god there was no dash away from the scene from Shirayuki or anything dramatic like that.

Levian-X said:
smelldemon said:
Time to get married ;p

At least Zen seemed to be perfectly ready to do so.
Right now. :D

I am 100% ready for a marriage. My body is ready. LOL no but in all honestly I wouldn't be mad if the series switched over to their daily lives as a wedded couple and the new trepidation and what not that comes along with being the princess/court herbalist. It would be so unexpected and welcome.

Helenus said:
Power_Logic said:
0 /10

I like the anime as it is.

But as a die-hard yaoi fan I cannot argue against this :D

As an equally die-hard yaoi fan I so did not see that couple happening at all. Like ever. If anything it'd be Zen and Mitsuhide (although Mitsuhide and Kiki would honestly be a better match). But no, this anime is fine without the yaoi route.
InugirlzSep 15, 2015 5:46 PM
Sep 15, 2015 6:42 PM

Apr 2010
Cuteness overload.

R.I.P. to my feels.
Sep 15, 2015 7:56 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Everyone be rating Akagami from a 6 to a 10.
Sep 15, 2015 8:51 PM
Feb 2013
bloopersnooper said:
Awww! That was one of the sweetest moments ever in this anime ♥ I love this anime so much!!

Finally, they were able to reciprocate and accept each other's feelings :3

Such a warm feeling from this episode! I loved it!! So happy for them!
He treasures her so much ♥

Too bad there's only 1 more episode left, but it was all a fun ride! :) Amazing anime indeed! I see that there might be a second season too so looking forward to that! :)

waaay too beautiful! and definitely right on point with the manga which makes it even more perfect! <3
Sep 15, 2015 9:03 PM

Aug 2014
That last scene..! I don't think I have to root for them anymore, since it's official now! ShirayukiXZen OTP! ShirayukiXObi probably never...

Glad to see they didn't drag this out. Though seeing Shirayuki flustered for 2 or more episodes would be good too. Bad for my heart tho.
Sep 15, 2015 10:03 PM
Sep 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Is it cheesy? Yes
Is it cliché? Yes
Is it predictable? Yes

It's also actually COMMITTING to this relationship. No awkward teasing, no stupid interruptions, no misunderstandings or anything like that. It knows what the audience wants to see, and it delivers. So in that sense my hat goes off to this show for doing what most romance anime does not

You summed up EXACTLY the way I feel about this anime.
I do appreciate the part about how they go straight to the point and finally accept each other's love.
All that is left is for it to have a duet song and it's settled: Shirayuki is a Disney princess.

Sep 15, 2015 10:13 PM
Aug 2015
When Obi reached out for Shirayuki's hand, it made me kinda sad. :( I'd cheer him on but Zen and Shirayuki are good for each other and I really like Zen now!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2015

134 by BrunoOHhH »»
May 15, 6:56 PM

» Any anime’s similar to this one?

slutforhange - Aug 21, 2021

13 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 7, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

209 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

189 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2015

127 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 26, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.