Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 12, 2015 8:39 AM

Jun 2012
Mal doesnt count this as its own series and thats fine I just wanted to know others opinion on this spin-off.

I thought it was pretty bad. xD The capsule monsters were pretty cool and I liked that yugi could fuse with his monsters but they shouldve let all the characters do it. :P It wouldve been hilarious to see grandpa fuse with summoned skull. :D

I also liked the idea of using Alexander the Great but there was a lot of wasted potential with him. Mostly because he had the millennium ring in his past life and the millenium world arc was right after this. They couldve had Alexander's dark side been because of bakura's spirit; and they shouldve had normal bakura come on the trip as well. Then just before Yugi defeated him, the dark spirit couldve transferred over to bakura and then in the next episode we would see bakura being tormented by the spirit in the church like how it played out but they couldve added some lines dealing with the dark spirit. That way we could transition the arcs a bit better because all the arcs had good transition except for this one.
Oct 5, 2015 11:12 PM
Oct 2015
can't find the Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters here
Oct 9, 2015 12:51 PM

May 2012
Wikipedia said:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters is a twelve-episode anime mini-series, serving as a spin-off to the second Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series. The series, animated by Studio Gallop, was commissioned, produced, and edited by 4Kids Entertainment and aired on 4Kids TV in North America between September and November 2006. It is currently the only animated media in the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise to not see a release in Japan.
^ That's why. This is a 4Kids exclusive arc for the US release, hence it won't be on MAL at all.

Overall, it's rather a filler arc just for selling those capsule monsters stuff in toy shops. It's ok of an arc but kinda mediocre. So no surprise that it wasn't aired in Japan.

Feb 7, 2023 8:26 AM
Dec 2017
lol i heard about this i should see it myself if i'm in the mood 4 more 4kids cringe lol

Mar 30, 2023 2:58 PM
Sep 2016
I remember loving capsule monsters when i was like 8 or something around 13 years ago >,< so sad I can’t rewatch and add it to my MAL.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 49 Discussion

EvianBubble - Sep 12, 2010

16 by -DxP- »»
May 25, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 45 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 25, 2010

13 by -DxP- »»
May 25, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 42 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 23, 2010

13 by -DxP- »»
May 25, 3:04 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 39 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 22, 2010

13 by -DxP- »»
May 24, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 37 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 22, 2010

10 by -DxP- »»
May 23, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.